• 73 results
#51 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks: Yeah but the fact that Invincible was capable of beating someone, stronger, faster and more experienced then he was does add points in his favour. I mean when Superboy fought Superboy Prime someone stronger, faster and more experienced then him, he died.

You might be right, but surviving even one punch from Superboy Prime is already a bliss.

#52 Posted by TommytheHitman (3338 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks: Yeah but Invincible has been shown to have his intestines ripped out in space. He was then left there unconcious for several days before recieving medical attention and awakened several weeks later. He's also been punched through the chest before and has continued fighting with hardly any problems.

#53 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks: I agree that Superboy Prime is very powerful but we do not know how hard it was for Connor, he survived a few punches but Prove he didn't use all his tactile tk to buff his durability to keep his butt still standing. I agree its a Durability feat but SPB while being badass doesn't automatically grant Connor the durability edge.

#54 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks: I agree that Superboy Prime is very powerful but we do not know how hard it was for Connor, he survived a few punches but Prove he didn't use all his tactile tk to buff his durability to keep his butt still standing. I agree its a Durability feat but SPB while being badass doesn't automatically grant Connor the durability edge.

I'll find some example of Connor's durability in my comic and post it here, but just to let you know that Connor possessed heat vision as well.

#55 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@perpetr8rmike said:

I'll find some example of Connor's durability in my comic and post it here, but just to let you know that Connor possessed heat vision as well.

Why did you bring up heat vision in a discussion about the durability feat? 0.0 Anyway I am sure his Heat Vision would give him an edge, but can he survive long enough to use it. Also recall Heat Vision has a down side.. it drains solar energy faster then anything else.

#56 Edited by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks said:

@perpetr8rmike said:

Why did you bring up heat vision in a discussion about the durability feat? 0.0 Anyway I am sure his Heat Vision would give him an edge, but can he survive long enough to use it. Also recall Heat Vision has a down side.. it drains solar energy faster then anything else.

I'm bringing heat vision up because I never know that Superboy possesses heat vision until moments ago. Superboy don't rely on solar energy like most incarnation of Superman, most of his power is based on telekinesis. Read up on The Final Night and you'll see the reference. And yeah, I got one scan of Connor using his tactile telekinesis to "explode" Black Lantern Superman, it didn't resolve the problem due to BLS' regeneration, but just an example of power extend.

#57 Edited by AlteredBeast (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible wins via catastrophic knock out. (does heinous damage to the clone cause he over estimates Superboy's strength).

#58 Edited by ComicStooge (13466 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible wins via catastrophic knock out. (does heinous damage to the clone cause he over estimates Superboy's strength).

You do realize Superboy has taken punches from Superboy-Prime, right? They're comparable in strength and speed, but Conner has a bunch of other powers that will help him greatly.

#59 Posted by TommytheHitman (3338 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Yeah but I think Invincible's pure brutality and reluctant willingness to kill if necesarry will make up for less powers.

#60 Posted by Hyperlight (6223 posts) - - Show Bio

i really like invincible... but im pretty sure SB takes this due to versatility at the least

#61 Posted by dondave (38641 posts) - - Show Bio

@alteredbeast said:

You do realize Superboy has taken punches from Superboy-Prime, right? They're comparable in strength and speed, but Conner has a bunch of other powers that will help him greatly.

That killed him; it's not really a durability feat

#62 Edited by ComicStooge (13466 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@comicstooge said:

@alteredbeast said:

That killed him; it's not really a durability feat

He still took multiple shots from SBP, before going down.

Anyway, Invincible doesn't really have an answer for Conner's versatility.

#63 Posted by dondave (38641 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: He didn't tank the shots, the severity of the shots led to his death

#64 Posted by ComicStooge (13466 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@comicstooge: He didn't tank the shots, the severity of the shots led to his death

You're right, I used a bad example.

Regardless Superboy can match Invincible's strength and speed, but also has more versatility, including heat vision, ice breath, tactile telekinesis and extra sensory abilities.

#65 Edited by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, but why doesn't Invincible just blitz Superboy and tear him in half?

Isn't Mark FTL in flight speed? He'd just plow right through him. Other than that, Viltrumites are basically Saiyans. He'll fight forever.

#66 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeon1cs said:

Isn't Mark FTL in flight speed? He'd just plow right through him. Other than that, Viltrumites are basically Saiyans. He'll fight forever.

Invincible, from what I have ever read about him over a hundred issue, his combat speed feat is barely supersonic. He have not show capability to speed blitz, and opponents with arguably human reaction time could evade Mark's attack. His long distance speed is no doubt FTL, but his reflexes and combat speed is far from impressive, I might forgot some moment out, but I couldn't remember any instance of him catching bullets.

#67 Edited by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeon1cs said:

Invincible, from what I have ever read about him over a hundred issue, his combat speed feat is barely supersonic. He have not show capability to speed blitz, and opponents with arguably human reaction time could evade Mark's attack. His long distance speed is no doubt FTL, but his reflexes and combat speed is far from impressive, I might forgot some moment out, but I couldn't remember any instance of him catching bullets.

I mean...you don't really need to be FTL in combat to stick your arms out and fly directly into someone.

#68 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeon1cs said:

@angryhulks said:

@xeon1cs said:

I mean...you don't really need to be FTL in combat to stick your arms out and fly directly into someone.

I don't think Invincible actually travel faster-than-light even in vacuum you don't have to be faster than light to cross interstellar distance if you have access to hyperspace.

Invincible is very technical comic, and if Invincible could deliver punch at FTL, then he would produce extremely powerful punch (something his mass would produce energy equals to half of total world's nuclear arsenal), which he haven't been shown. From what I infer from the handbook, I don't see that Invincible have sufficient durability to survive that much energy load. Not to mention faster-than-light punch (if we go by comic book logic) would shatter the local space time apart, and Mark haven't shown that he could. From what I know, Mark's controllable speed shouldn't be more than Mach 10.

#69 Posted by stephens2177 (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible is more comparable to wondergirl than superboy, and SB dominates WG, BUT mark is from the kirkmanverse which is nothing if not savage, so even though on paper SB wins easily, mark is capable of any over the top sick kill feat, while kon will never go that far.

#70 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

Ufff...This one's tough, but gonna go with Invincible.

#71 Edited by stephens2177 (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

Make a battle with new 52 superboy vs Invincible, with MORALS ON, and see how the battle changes.... and in Superboy's favor.

#72 Posted by INFINITE_DOOM (273 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to give it to the homeboy Invincible :D

#73 Edited by stephens2177 (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

If superboy was written into the kirkman universe, and had no morals or anything stopping him from the savagery that is common place in that universe, he could beat invincible.

#75 Edited by TommytheHitman (3338 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP!