#1 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

VS

Battle On Earth near the Ocean.

No Info on the others.

New 52 Versions and Current Invincible Roster.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by tparks (4288 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Invincible team can win. Invincible and Omni-Man are capable of beating people stronger then themselves due to their shear determination and will power. I don't think that they can beat either of these two one on one, but it would be a good fight where Supes and AM would win in the long run.

Allen and Thragg would possibly have a chance with these two one on one. Allen because of his strength, and Thragg because of his strength and training. It would still be an uphill battle for them though.

All four of them together tips the scale in the Invincible team's favor. That being said, this is going to be one bloody battle by time it's over when characters this strong are fighting characters as ruthless and violent as the Invincible team. Neither side is going to leave uninjured, regardless of who wins.

#4 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2962 posts) - - Show Bio

Isint Invincible curently de powered

#5 Posted by dorukesin (5125 posts) - - Show Bio

im with supes

#6 Edited by tomlikesfries (4625 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1. Aquaman is a non-factor. Thragg pulls his head out in the first ten seconds. Then Superman will be overwhelmed. It's a morals on encounter, although most of team 1 would go for the kill if they felt like it's necessary, except for Thragg that just... kills.

#7 Edited by AllStarSuperman (19890 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins

#8 Posted by Fallschirmjager (15019 posts) - - Show Bio

So according to the respect thread...Invincible is a 500-600 tonner and his friends are "above him" ? How much more?

Aquaman is a 100,000+ tonner and Superman has "bench pressed" the Earth.

I don't read Invincible so what I am missing that doesn't make this a mismatch?

#9 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7734 posts) - - Show Bio

be a decent fight but team 2 wins after good fight

#10 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10365 posts) - - Show Bio

Isint Invincible curently de powered

Nah

I'm saying team 1 based purely on willingness to kill and the combined strength.

#11 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

So according to the respect thread...Invincible is a 500-600 tonner and his friends are "above him" ? How much more?

Aquaman is a 100,000+ tonner and Superman has "bench pressed" the Earth.

I don't read Invincible so what I am missing that doesn't make this a mismatch?

I do believe the Bench Earth feat was debunk awhile ago as he reach his max Strength and was way less than the weight of earth already. Someone I am sure can clarify. His average showings in strength are also way less than Benching the Earth it seems.

#12 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15019 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: Even if he can't bench the Earth, Superman is still stronger than Aquaman, who is 150-200+ times stronger than Invincible.

So...my original question...what am I missing here? How strong are the other team members?

#13 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: I think something is off here, by alot. On the Thing vs Aquaman it is argued Thing who is a little over 100 tons is strength wise near even with Aquaman. "Many" people have stated this. If he was 2000+ tons it would be a obvious spite match no? @k4tzm4n did not think so. i have to question you strength info on Aquaman.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/comic-vine-battle-of-the-week-results-aquaman-vs-t/1100-146822/

Well for feats....

1-2) Benches 400 tons with little problem.

3) Fissures the planet to stop a army in its tracks.

4-5) Remakes the landscape with his fight vs Conquest.

6-7) Lifts what can be calculated close to 500-600 tons of stone.

8) Pulps a Super Human Durable Angstrom.

9) Thunder Claps Sequids away.

10) Easily rips apart Doctor Octopus arms apart in a official Marvel Team Up title. Last time I check his arms were Carbonadium or Secondary Adamantium. Clarification may be needed for that.

Other feats note worthy have context to them.

1-3) Conquest, a Viltrumite, was encased in 400 ton Steel Prison. It was design to implode if he tried to break out as well. With a flex of his muscles, he breaks free and laughs of the Implosion.

4-5) Invincible, Thaddeus, and Omni Man destroy the Viltrumite home world. They however needed the Space Riders Godly Powerful Laser to destabilize the core enough to allow them to survive the rush through.

So I think its safe to assume they are around Ball Park of 1000+ tons currently.

#14 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15019 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: They are wrong.

Aquaman Throws a submarine from the bottom of the ocean, out of the water. (The 2nd scan is 1st chronologically)

Weight of a Modern US Attack Submarine 7000~ tons submerged. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles-class_submarine

Weight of Modern US Ballstic Submarine 18750~ tons submerged. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio-class_submarine

Aquaman throwing a submerged ship. (no Idea what kind of it is, so I'm not sure on the tonnage.)

Aquaman lifts up a large passenger/cruise ship. 100,000-225,000 tons. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_world%27s_largest_cruise_ships

...Which is why I'm asking what I'm missing. Aquaman is way stronger than any of those guys.

#15 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Well... a weaker earlier Invincible and one other weaker Viltrumite lifted and pushed, and kept from sinking, a Large Cruise Liner 3 miles straight. That is 100,00+ tons of weight without passengers. With people, luggage, crew, and taking on water (Flooding) its more 250,000 tons.

So..... one time feats are one time feats. Invincible is twice as strong currently and Omni Man, Allen, and Thragg are stronger. Allen actually manhandles that Female Viltrumite in those scans with 2 others on him easy.

It just does not seem to add up with Aquamans consistent feats.

Also how fast is Aquaman? Invincible and Crew still have speed over him with this awesome strength. Also I agree with the masses on the debate. Sry. Just me.

#16 Edited by Shiryu (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Thragg is dangerous. Supes might have his hands full. I just wish the Viltrumites had some sort of other powers, though.

#17 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:

Thragg is dangerous. Supes might have his hands full. I just wish the Viltrumites had some sort of other powers, though.

Kirman address this before. He said why should they? Superman uses Heat Vision and Freezing breath when it only Plot demands it. He usually just brawls. He felt the same for Invincible, they have Super Speed, Strength, Flight, Durability. What more do they need to really win 9/10 fights with most other heroes? I agree, most of Superman's powers are Plot Devices more than average used powers.

#18 Edited by Hyperlight (5419 posts) - - Show Bio

team in a close fight

#19 Edited by Shiryu (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: I agree also, but when characters like Invincible and Thragg are pitted against the likes of Thor and Gladiator, they need just a little extra boost to get those wins. Raw strength isn't going to cut it against people who have 50+ years of certified flying brick feats.

#20 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:

@indiecomicsftw: I agree also, but when characters like Invincible and Thragg are pitted against the likes of Thor and Gladiator, they need just a little extra boost to get those wins. Raw strength isn't going to cut it against people who have 50+ years of certified flying brick feats.

True, I am a fan of Quality over Quantity. You can have 50 years of feats, but is invincible has consistent feats of his 100 issues, then he should be argued to match. After all, if we debated Quantity of feats, then no Indie Comic character can hope to win vs Marvel or DC.

#21 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15019 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: Here are a couple more strength feats, just for overkill lol.

Collapsing a underwear trench by pushing the earth together (Hard to quantity, but a high feat)

Pulling another ship (again hard to quantify, but a high feat)

On Super Speed. He has several showings of being able to Super Leap similar to the Hulk. Most of them are not exactly quantifiable. The two most impressive ones are the 1st and 2nd scans. In the 1st scan he Super-Jumps and attacks Hawkman in mid air (Not exactly sure how fast Hawkman is, need to look it up). In the 2nd scan, he Super Jumps through the city to the height of the Skyscrappers in 1 panel.

In water however, his speeds are MUCH more quantifiable - and he most probably the fastest thing on DC Earth in the Water.

Scans 1 + 6) Operative Jet is stated to be hypersonic. Aquaman then swims faster then the jet. Hypsonic speeds differ depending on the aircraft, but the range for Hypersonic is Mach 5-10. So he's faster than that - at least. (Mach 5 = 3840 mph. Mach 10 = 7680 mph)

Scans 2,3 and 7) Cheetah Tags Flash twice. Aquaman is fast enough to restrain her underwater. (This is probably one of the most impressive feats he has).

Scans 4+5) Aquaman is fast enough to sucker punch / blitz Superman before he can react. And he fights Wonder Women to a stalemate.

#22 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Very impressive. New 52 is giving him better stuff than I seen before. I think with the ocean nearby he would indeed handle Omni Man. Im not sure about Thragg or Allen who trash Viltrumites by the handfull though.

#23 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15019 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: He's no joke in the New 52! And his comic is really good. I wish more people read it, because he so consistently underrated even now a days.

I wish I was more familiar with Invincible. I'm on a budget right now, but its definitely on my Wish List :/. Having an Ocean on the Battlefield definitely is an edge for him though.

#24 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: He's no joke in the New 52! And his comic is really good. I wish more people read it, because he so consistently underrated even now a days.

I wish I was more familiar with Invincible. I'm on a budget right now, but its definitely on my Wish List :/. Having an Ocean on the Battlefield definitely is an edge for him though.

Invincible is a great book. You can get up to date with it for 80 bucks buying the 2 Ultimate collections from Amazon. 100 issues which is nearly current. Kirkman is just amazing writer with that, Walking Dead, and Wolf Man.

With New 52 rolling out more issues now, I am sure most will get their Respect threads. New 52 Aquaman needs one.

#25 Posted by Fallschirmjager (15019 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by New_World_Order (12471 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is the weakest link by no small margain. Anyone on team 1 can take him out, leaving Superman to fight them all. Which won't end well for even someone as powerful the man of steel

#27 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: That's where you are very wrong. The OP says it's near the ocean, if Aquaman dives in there they will have to try to find him at the dark bottom of the ocean as they gets rushed by all kinds of sea creatures. Not to mention Aquaman can rush them in the water with swimming. He can take a few of these guys put in or out of the water.

As for Superman the OP wasn't against Sundip. So he flies around space and loses them, as he goes into the sun to have a sundip, and when they are weakened by Aquaman's ocean trap, he comes down for the kill.

#29 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1952 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#30 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15019 posts) - - Show Bio

@laughingstock: @indiecomicsftw: Yeah. Aquaman can call on various marine life to help fight. Topo was capable of crushing submarines in his tentacles and looks to be almost the size of Atlantis.

I've all ready proved Aquaman is as strong or more strong than anyone here. Dunno why @thundergodswrath thinks otherwise...

#31 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: So if sealife is a non factor, they are in Aquaman's territory in the ocean. While they paddle aimlessly around he swims by them stabbing them.

#32 Posted by New_World_Order (12471 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1, Superman is still faster, stronger, and have more power set (heat vision, ice breath, etc.) than any Viltrumites. Aquaman isn't to be underestimated either.

#34 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 after a (seemingly) good fight.

Invincible is one of my favorite books, but that universe is a notch below DC and Marvel as far as powerlevels go.

Aquaman in the New DCU has lifted stuff around 160000 tons on his own.

If I'm not mistaken none of the Image characters have any comparable quantifiable feats.

Also he has on panel tagged WW during combat. He can tussle with the Viltrumites just fine.

And then you have the Trident which would wreck anyone (except maybe Allen due to regen - not sure)

I won't even bother with Superman (already has planet lifting feats and he lasted a couple of seconds against Darkseid. the same character that destroys universes and kills alternate Supermen across the multiverse for $hits and giggles)..

He could take this on his own (after a fight) if needed.

#35 Posted by dondave (34274 posts) - - Show Bio

Arthur and Clark

#36 Posted by Shiryu (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: I know. I feel the same way. It's just that you have crazy strength feats like Thor lifting the Midgard Serpent and Gladiator destroying a planet with his fists and it makes you wonder if indie comics characters will ever be able to compete. Excluding Spawn, that is.

#37 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:

@indiecomicsftw: I know. I feel the same way. It's just that you have crazy strength feats like Thor lifting the Midgard Serpent and Gladiator destroying a planet with his fists and it makes you wonder if indie comics characters will ever be able to compete. Excluding Spawn, that is.

Or Dr. Solar.

#38 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10365 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:

Or Dr. Solar.

Or the Darkness. Most people on here just aren't well versed enough to even look into other companies.

#39 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10365 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by Shiryu (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: @indiecomicsftw:

EDIT: The rest of my post wasn't processed... that's embarrassing.

Anyway, I didn't mean that Spawn was the only powerful indie comics character. I was just giving him as an example. I hope when you said "Most people on here aren't well versed enough to look into other companies," you weren't including me because I prefer indie comics to mainstream ones.

#42 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: I dont think so, we have never seen Darkness work on panel at that level before.

#43 Posted by Shiryu (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

So, is anyone up to date with Invincible? What's going on? His comic vine page doesn't seem to be updated and I can't keep up with the story when it comes out. So far I've read all 9 of the Ultimate Collections.

#44 Edited by Shiryu (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

And since we're talking about indie comics, who do you guys think would win? Luther Strode or Hellboy?