#1 Posted by heymanjack (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyonder fights seriously here and Sentry can go void if needed. Who wins this one?

#2 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Inhuman Beyonder?

#3 Posted by pooty (11717 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: yes. the latest retcon during the "Illuminati" where it was discovered that the Beyonder was a mutant Inhuman at birth and got even more powerful after the terrigan mist.

#4 Posted by JediXMan (31289 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyonder.

@jeanroygrant said:

Inhuman Beyonder?

Retconned Beyonder that appeared in one of the Illuminati oneshots. It was retconned that he was just a really powerful Inhuman, not an entity from another universe as he was originally intended.

#5 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: @JediXMan: Beyonder would probably still curbstomp Sentry.

#6 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

This is getting ridiculous. Sentry can barely even handle the likes of Blue Marvel and Thor. What makes people think he can hang with any incarnation of the Beyonder?

#7 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Well i see no evidence why not, he was said to be omnipotent, he had his own planet, he had his own heroes and was playing with space and time like it was a child's play. The illumaniti felt he was too powerful to confront, dont see how Sentry can win and i am a huge sentry fan.

#8 Posted by Billy Batson (58314 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

This is getting ridiculous. Sentry can barely even handle the likes of Blue Marvel and Thor. What makes people think he can hang with any incarnation of the Beyonder?

BB

#9 Posted by Owie (3950 posts) - - Show Bio

While he doesn't have much in the way of feats on his own, I think we can assume he was at least as powerful as cosmic cube Beyonder (there was no evidence that those feats (fighting against kubik and MM for instance) were actually accomplished by higher powers. At this power level he was still able to affect things across the universe, across dimension, and across time, which I think puts him far above Sentry. Of course, Sentry beat MM when he was at this level, and in one issue, cosmic cube MM was shown to somehow be more powerful than cosmic cube Beyonder. But basically we have to see Sentry's defeat of MM as being either PIS in extreme, or due to MM's mental state. So mutant inhuman Beyonder for the certain win.

#10 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@Illuminatus said:

BB

#11 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Well i see no evidence why not, he was said to be omnipotent, he had his own planet, he had his own heroes and was playing with space and time like it was a child's play. The illumaniti felt he was too powerful to confront, dont see how Sentry can win and i am a huge sentry fan.

I thought i was like the only Sentry fan, because everyone hated him.

He is my second favourite character ( first being Thor obviously )

This is very good.

#12 Posted by daak1212 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay dont ask me for scans of this because their arent this is what Bendis said at the 2007 Comic-con in Philly

Brian Michael Bendis admitted the asteroid scene was deliberately vague, allowing readers to draw their own connections to Secret Wars II. He also claimed he did not receive enough credit for maintaining the character's 1987 jeri-curl. The story itself is deliberately ambiguous; Black Bolt, for example, does not remember the mutant Inhuman who vanished, making it possible the Beyonder arranged all this as a mind game. Story's connection to modern continuity is unclear: the scene depicted on the asteroid is one which remains in continuity, as does the revelation of the Beyonder as a Cosmic Cube in Secret Wars III.

besides that their was a What If? Issue with this Beyonder but in a different universe and it was supposed to be a represenation of 616. It showed what happen when Black Bolt told Beyonder to leave except Beyonder got pissed at what he said and wound up destroying the universe. Everybody was in standard continuity form it's just that it was in an alt uni and Beyonder destroyed all so Im taking Beyonder here.

#13 Posted by pooty (11717 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: how does strength and speed help against a reality warper? Second: feats >>>>>> bios and stated powers

@jeanroygrant: what is to like about sentry? He is the poster boy of "wasted potential".

#14 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@Billy Batson: how does strength and speed help against a reality warper? Second: feats >>>>>> bios and stated powers

@jeanroygrant: what is to like about sentry? He is the poster boy of "wasted potential".

I love his character ( weird i know ^_^ )

His costume

His powers

He is a very unique character ,with all thoses phobias

Do you like him?

Ps Pooty you gotta get that post count up hahaha :P ^_^

#15 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Sentry = Awesome.

That being said, no he doesn't beat any version of the Beyonder :P.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#16 Posted by pooty (11717 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Ps Pooty you gotta get that post count up hahaha :P ^_^

that's how you make me feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio

What has the Beyonder done since he was retconned?

#18 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@jeanroygrant: Ps Pooty you gotta get that post count up hahaha :P ^_^

that's how you make me feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMFAO!!

#19 Posted by stu (378 posts) - - Show Bio

beyonder Win. sentry can not do anything against a being such as beyonder.

#20 Posted by JediXMan (31289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

In that issue, he was casually playing with his own duplicate of Earth, making his own superheroes and villains for them to fight. I forget what else.

#21 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't doubt it if Sentry had reality warping powers. How did he make everyone forget that he existed again?

#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enosisik said:
I wouldn't doubt it if Sentry had reality warping powers. How did he make everyone forget that he existed again?
What do you mean again?
#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

@Vance Astro said:

In that issue, he was casually playing with his own duplicate of Earth, making his own superheroes and villains for them to fight. I forget what else.

Damn!
#24 Posted by JediXMan (31289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@JediXMan said:

@Vance Astro said:

Damn!

Think of it this way:

Pre-retcon: The universe was his plaything.

Post-retcon: The planet or localized area of space is his plaything.

Not to say he's necessarily just a planetary threat now. I'd say, considering the level of casual ease with which he manipulated the planet, he's above that and capable of more. But he's still a far cry from his pre-retcon self.

That said, I simply don't see how Sentry can be anything but another toy to him.

#25 Posted by JediXMan (31289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enosisik said:

Combination of his own telepathy, Reed Richard's tech, and Classic Strange's magic.

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

Think of it this way:

Not to say he's necessarily just a planetary threat now. I'd say, considering the level of casual ease with which he manipulated the planet, he's above that and capable of more. But he's still a far cry from his pre-retcon self.

That said, I simply don't see how Sentry can be anything but another toy to him.

Understood.I read alot of the books with the original Beyonder.I didn't quite remember what happened with the retconned version re-surfaced.
#27 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting battle. SInce the Marvel heroes beat him, I think the Beyonder could as well. He seemed more powerful than Bendis's version on Molecule Man

#28 Posted by JediXMan (31289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@JediXMan said:

Think of it this way:

Understood.I read alot of the books with the original Beyonder.I didn't quite remember what happened with the retconned version re-surfaced.

All we've seen of him is in Illuminati #3.

#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

This is why I read most comics more than once.I don't remember anything that happened in Illuminati accept for the fight between Namor and Iron Man and the issue where we found out Blackbolt was a skrull.
#30 Posted by JediXMan (31289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@JediXMan said:

This is why I read most comics more than once.I don't remember anything that happened in Illuminati accept for the fight between Namor and Iron Man and the issue where we found out Blackbolt was a skrull.

Haven't read the Skrull one. I think I've only read 1-3 (1 being the fight between Namor and Iron Man, 2 is the Infinity Get, and 3 is Beyonder)

#31 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Post by JediXMan @Enosisik said: I wouldn't doubt it if Sentry had reality warping powers. How did he make everyone forget that he existed again? Combination of his own telepathy, Reed Richard's tech, and Classic Strange's magic. Posted 39 minutes ago/ ____ Ah, thanks. Well with Sentry anything is possible, so who knows what they would do here.

#32 Posted by heymanjack (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#33 Posted by lol (5388 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyonder and Sentry both are omnipotents so... *trollface*

#34 Posted by ssj_god (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

@lol said:

Beyonder and Sentry both are omnipotents so... *trollface*

yeah.. so is darkseid and odin .. so... *double trollface*

#35 Posted by comic_book_fan (5942 posts) - - Show Bio

beyonder

#36 Posted by XiiX (9454 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (328 posts) - - Show Bio

§§ Beyonder OF COURSE §§ Spite GODDAMIT .

Beyonder Is gonna do this to sentry .