#3  Edited By laflux

What can Madame Mirage do?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@strider92: Feats for Madam Mirage? I've completely forgotten what she can do.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as Madam Mirage (who wins the award for most bodacious here) can hold her weight here, I'm thinking Indie Team.

I just have no idea what she can do.

Jmarshmallow

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Strider1992

@laflux said:

What can Madame Mirage do?

Basically what her name states she can create mirages lol.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Think Mysterio......but hotter.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Wyldsong

@jmarshmallow: @dondave: @laflux: She is basically a kind of hard light hologram kind of thing. As long as team indie can tie up X23 before her enhanced senses can pick up Harper, then Harper doesn't really have to enter the battle, and can use all sorts of tactics and illusions (the illusions would be hard light) to confound the mainstream team, and Madame Mirage can still do some damage. That being said, if Harper "wears" Madame Mirage, she can also significantly reduce any damage done to her. Going into combat in that manner, she can hold her own for a bit.

Basically Harper users advanced future tech, and has recreated her murdered sister with it for a bit of revenge. The tech is somewhat sentient in a way, but Madame Mirage is the hard light projection of her sister as made by the tech Harper uses. Harper is also an exceedingly proficient hand to hand combatant.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Do you reckon this would be more balanced if I traded Black Widow for Daredevil? or would that throw it too far in team 2's favor?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't really seeing Widow doing much to be honest here.

X-23 will be tough to put down, but I think if Madame Mirage can fool her temporarily, the rest of the team can get the drop on her

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@jmarshmallow: @dondave: @laflux: She is basically a kind of hard light hologram kind of thing. As long as team indie can tie up X23 before her enhanced senses can pick up Harper, then Harper doesn't really have to enter the battle, and can use all sorts of tactics and illusions (the illusions would be hard light) to confound the mainstream team, and Madame Mirage can still do some damage. That being said, if Harper "wears" Madame Mirage, she can also significantly reduce any damage done to her. Going into combat in that manner, she can hold her own for a bit.

Basically Harper users advanced future tech, and has recreated her murdered sister with it for a bit of revenge. The tech is somewhat sentient in a way, but Madame Mirage is the hard light projection of her sister as made by the tech Harper uses. Harper is also an exceedingly proficient hand to hand combatant.

So her illusions are tech based? If so couldn't Bucky use his EMP in his arm to shut it down?

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wyldsong

@strider92: In hand to hand, Harper could hold her own for a bit against these guys, but not long enough to make a huge difference unless she were wearing Mirage, but that also limits her somewhat and her trickery. It's a tricky balance to find there with her, but being hard light, something that is solid, DD's senses should pick up the holograms as solid. It's just a matter of if he were to pick up Harper with his senses, and think to tell someone or do something about it. It's hard for me to say if that would make things more fair, or tip the scales to the mainstream team. As it is, I think the indie team can take this, as long as someone ties up X23 in combat, which they have the ability to do.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wyldsong

@jashro44: Maybe if he figures it out in time, but most people think she is a ghost the way she is used in combat, as there is no indication of the tech unless they can actually see Harper, recognize the tech for what it is (I believe it was in the form of gloves), and then put two and two together to do something about it before it is too late. Then again, this is tech beyond WS's time, and while I would have to review the series to see if it is touched upon, it may not work. As well, if Harper were not directly in combat, the hologram is being projected, so it would depend on if the pulse could reach Harper.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jashro44

@wyldsong said:

@jashro44: Maybe if he figures it out in time, but most people think she is a ghost the way she is used in combat, as there is no indication of the tech unless they can actually see Harper, recognize the tech for what it is, and then do something about it before it is too late. Then again, this is tech beyond WS's time, and while I would have to review the series to see if it is touched upon, it may not work. As well, if Harper were not directly in combat, the hologram is being projected, so it would depend on if the pulse could reach Harper.

Well it might be worth noting winter soldier does have a domino mask which lets him see invisible people and stuff.

No Caption Provided

I assume if Bucky keeps having his attacks go through her he will assume its an illusion before he assumes its a ghost. so his first instinct might be to use the domino mask.

Not saying the main stream team wins but just saying I think there are possible counters if her illusions are tech based.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wyldsong

@jashro44: The holograms can be made to be solid or intangible. So it would depend on the tactics Harper employed, but if the mask works anything like DD's senses, it would pick up something solid if the illusion were made solid. That whole scan is not coming through...but the holograms projected can be made to attack and such.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@jashro44: The holograms can be made to be solid or intangible. So it would depend on the tactics Harper employed.

I see. I guess that could be a problem.....

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I added more to the thought when you posted that=)

Mirage is kind of tricky to deal with, but someone with enhanced senses, if they can pick up Harper, could feasibly take her down, which would end the hard light holograms involvement.