the starship enterprise
the starship voyager
the borg cube
the star wars empor flag ship
the death star

#2 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Are they fighting all together or solo?

#3 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

Does not matter any one of the other side would destroy the Independence Space ship in a curbstomp.

#4 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
Tevnoba said:
"Does not matter any one of the other side would destroy the Independence Space ship in a curbstomp."
How?

Skip Video 2:40 (Takes barrage of powerful conventional missiles)

Skip Video 2:25 (Alien Ship Survives a Nuke at point blank range)

I would biasly go for the others as well, but not without good reason.

#5 Edited by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

#1 The Reason Star Trek uses Photon Torpedoes instead of Nukes as they are too weak to penetrate shields effectively.
#2 The Aliens in Independence Day got beat by modern science - Star Wars/Star Trek is way beyond that - that would not work on them.
#3 SW/ST has speed and maneuverability!
#4 Firepower, ST/SW has this in spades over ID Aliens.  ID aliens can fire the equivalent to a plasma cannon in one direction.

This enough or should I go on?

#6 Edited by Future Predators (108 posts) - - Show Bio

The Death star II can target individual ships with it's superlaser, and can fire every minute at a range of well over 400,000km, so it destroys the main ship and picks off the others, and the emperor's ship also has a superlaser that can fire just as fast, though instead of blowing up entire planets it shears off the crust and destroys the core leaving the mantle only.  Still enough fire power to oneshot the ships, not to mention the Eclipse is larger.   And has more tie interceptors, defenders, bombers, fighters, howlrunners, avengers, and whatnot than you can shake a stick at, not to mention that your average heavy turbolaser packs firepower in the tetratons of TNT worth of energy per shot, the death star II has many orders of magnitude more turbolasers and laser cannons, and other defensive weapons than the Death star I, and that thing has over 10,000 turbolasers, 10,000 heavy turbolasers, 10,000 laser cannons, 10,000 blaster cannons, and 10,000 ion cannons.  The Eclipse has about 600 batteries of each.   the star trek ships can pretty much just sit back and enjoy the show.   Oh and the death star can hold Executor class superstar destroyers in it's hull, as well as other star destroyers and nearly a million starfighters and bombers.  

An armada which should rapidly overwhelm the ID aliens.   Tie fighters are impossibly faster and more manuverable than the ID fighters and each of their shots do more damage than the hiroshima bomb in energy so the ID shields are a moot point.  And assuming Death star II is completed, there's no exhaust port to blow up, and the Ray and particle shielding would disintigrate any IT ship that tried to approach.  Hell a Single Star destroyer could solo this.

#7 Posted by King Saturn (224273 posts) - - Show Bio
The Star Trek and Star Wars Team would win here
#8 Posted by Psysis (2396 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"The Star Trek and Star Wars Team would win here
"

yep
#9 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

lol the ships the fighter jets were fighting against were slow and weak. 

#10 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
Tevnoba said:
"#1 The Reason Star Trek uses Photon Torpedoes instead of Nukes as they are too weak to penetrate shields effectively.
#2 The Aliens in Independence Day got beat by modern science - Star Wars/Star Trek is way beyond that - that would not work on them.
#3 SW/ST has speed and maneuverability!
#4 Firepower, ST/SW has this in spades over ID Aliens.  ID aliens can fire the equivalent to a plasma cannon in one direction.

This enough or should I go on?"

I agree with everything except for #3... The Star Trek Ships have maneuverability, but Star Wars ships like the Destroyers are incredibly slower under impulse maneuverability... Or should I say "rocket power" maneuverability?

Future Predators said:
"The Death star II can target individual ships with it's superlaser, and can fire every minute at a range of well over 400,000km, so it destroys the main ship and picks off the others, and the emperor's ship also has a superlaser that can fire just as fast, though instead of blowing up entire planets it shears off the crust and destroys the core leaving the mantle only.  Still enough fire power to oneshot the ships, not to mention the Eclipse is larger.   And has more tie interceptors, defenders, bombers, fighters, howlrunners, avengers, and whatnot than you can shake a stick at, not to mention that your average heavy turbolaser packs firepower in the tetratons of TNT worth of energy per shot, the death star II has many orders of magnitude more turbolasers and laser cannons, and other defensive weapons than the Death star I, and that thing has over 10,000 turbolasers, 10,000 heavy turbolasers, 10,000 laser cannons, 10,000 blaster cannons, and 10,000 ion cannons.  The Eclipse has about 600 batteries of each.   the star trek ships can pretty much just sit back and enjoy the show.   Oh and the death star can hold Executor class superstar destroyers in it's hull, as well as other star destroyers and nearly a million starfighters and bombers.  

An armada which should rapidly overwhelm the ID aliens.   Tie fighters are impossibly faster and more manuverable than the ID fighters and each of their shots do more damage than the hiroshima bomb in energy so the ID shields are a moot point.  And assuming Death star II is completed, there's no exhaust port to blow up, and the Ray and particle shielding would disintigrate any IT ship that tried to approach.  Hell a Single Star destroyer could solo this."

Yea, the Death Star could solo this, and I also thing the Borg Cube and the two Federation Ships can do it alone as well. There is a problem the Death Star though. It's shield source is separate from the Death Star.

#11 Posted by projectVRD (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, I know this is an old topic but I thought I could put a bit of plug in the assumption that Star Wars/Star Trek would win this easily.

1 - There are plans for two more ID films (it was originally meant to be a trilogy) and production is reportedly starting soon, so the Aliens likely sent a scouting party to Earth. Dozens of ships larger than the Emporers ship and a Mothership bigger than the Death Star II is not bad for a scouting party.

2 - The ID Aliens were a little dumb to be overcome by a computer virus, however that could be an indication of arrogance. We saw nothing scratch those ships while the shields are up, would they ever fall for such a ploy again? Unlikely, so enterprise's computer will unlikely succeed where a cable guy did. Besides... whose idea was it to put an exhaust vent in that Death Star leading right to core... pretty sure an ID fighter could nip and fire off a couple of rounds lol

3 - The small ID fighters appeared slow when chasing the F18's, however it reached outer space in approximately 10 seconds. Suggesting the craft can actually be very, very quick when need be in an atmosphere, this is a feat that appears impossible in both the Star Wars and Star Trek universes, there ships burn up in atmosphere at high speeds... the ID ship managed it at speeds which have to be in excess of Mach 50.

4 - We have no real way of telling what technology is used in the ID City Destroyers for their fire power, they can break the laws of physics by creating a wall of flames that defy gravity by hugging the ground. Could it not also be possible that if they can achieve that level of technology (which borders fantasy) then they can control the intensity of the blast as well? Perhaps making it weak so that it doesn't obliterate the resources that they came to harvest in the first place, and thus, increase the blasts to destroy formidable foes as well? Afterall, the managed to destroy those cities without what appeared to be a noticable crater and yet, they were preparing to annihilate a military installation buried at least 27 stories underground (Area 51) and also "wiped out" Norad, which is built inside and under a mountain.

5 - The shields, we don't actually know if they can be penetrated. It is a technology that we know nothing about, what if the shields are a wall of gravity? If that was the case then not even the Death Star would be any use against this foe.

At the end of the day, the only basic assumption we can make is that the ID Aliens would destroy themselves through arrogance. But with sequels on the way we probably have to assume they learn from mistakes. Considering how little we know about ID technology, I believe the fight would be much closer than we would think. We at least know the ID aliens have more than enough soldiers to overrun any ship in either Star Wars or Star Trek, there were "millions" of them preparing for the invasion.