#1 Posted by The_Red_Viper (5372 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this was probably asked a million times before but it's just to settle an argument...

Who's more talented (especially in hand to hand combat): Green Arrow or Purple Arrow?

#2 Posted by AllStarSuperman (28277 posts) - - Show Bio

GA

#3 Edited by CheeseSticks (2759 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow, he stalemate Batman in hand to hand. I don't see purple man doing the same thing.

#4 Edited by MonsterStomp (25415 posts) - - Show Bio

Connor Hawke all day!

#5 Posted by logy5000 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow is considered to be the greatest archer in comics. DC & Marvel included.

#6 Edited by BATMAN9797 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow

#7 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow is more talented and has better arrows.

#8 Edited by sungod88 (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow, he stalemate Batman in hand to hand. I don't see purple man doing the same thing.

He did? Isn't Batman considered one of the best H2H in the DC universe?

#9 Edited by CheeseSticks (2759 posts) - - Show Bio

@sungod88: Yeah he did in Hush Returns i think and yes Batman is one of the best H2H in the DC universe

#10 Posted by nickthedevil (14854 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye all the way.

#11 Posted by batnorris (686 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how no one ever backs up green arrow being a better archer than hawkeye. Unless somone can actually backup green arrow being the better archer I will pick hawkeye considering him> kree starship

#12 Posted by The_Red_Viper (5372 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there any chance to get a picture? Thanks :)

#13 Edited by CheeseSticks (2759 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: There is more pages before this one where GA and Batman are fighting but this is the last one :

#14 Edited by The_Red_Viper (5372 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (6483 posts) - - Show Bio

Which GA? Conner is better in H2H than Ollie and Clint. Clint is better at archery and H2H than Ollie.

#16 Edited by The_Red_Viper (5372 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: The scan just 2 comments above shows Ollie is equal to Batman, and I doubt Clint can last 1 minute in H2H against Batman.

#17 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17179 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie.

#18 Posted by russellmania77 (16857 posts) - - Show Bio

The original

#19 Posted by The_Red_Viper (5372 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by russellmania77 (16857 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by The_Red_Viper (5372 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: By "yezzir" do you mean "yes sir" or do you mean Yezzir, the Arab Green Arrow?

#22 Edited by russellmania77 (16857 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Dratini1331 (7903 posts) - - Show Bio

I like GA more, and since it's "in general" I say GA.

#24 Posted by The_Red_Viper (5372 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (6483 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: that scan shows him hanging with him and saying stop before Bats dropped the hammer on him. Clint stepped his H2H game way up when he took on the Ronin identity and could definitely hang with Bats and beat Ollie. Like I said Conner beats both of them in H2H.

#26 Posted by The_Red_Viper (5372 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: I seriously doubt Clint can take on Batman in H2H. I didn't even think Ollie could until I saw that scan.

#27 Posted by CheeseSticks (2759 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: There's like 5 pages before the one i post where Ollie and Batman are fighting equally and no he didn't said stop because Batman was going to beat him, he said stop at the same time Batman said enough. That's a stalemate.

GA can beat Clint anyday of the week in both archery and H2H.

#28 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Hawkeye better, but Green Arrow is clearly the superior one.

#29 Edited by The_Red_Viper (5372 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: The guy I'm arguing with is a damn stubborn one. I showed him this thread but he's still in his mind, even the GA VS Batman scan didn't convince him. I'd really appreciate if you told me why you've got your money on GA (I'm totally with you on this BTW).

#30 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (6483 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: The guy I'm arguing with is a damn stubborn one. I showed him this thread but he's still in his mind, even the GA VS Batman scan didn't convince him. I'd really appreciate if you told me why you've got your money on GA (I'm totally with you on this BTW).

I think Green Arrow is a better marksmen than Hawkeye by a bit, nothing to much. He is also more smarter, and thinks out strategy's when battling his opponents, unlike Hawkeye who is shoot first, think second. Not to mention if Green Arrow loses his bow, or rounds out of arrows, he can take stuff hand to hand. Which he excels Hawkeye in by quite a margin. Hawkeye has been trained by Captain America, and I think Mocking Bird for a small time, but Green Arrow has been trained by Batman and Wildcat for a more extended time. Meaning he has the advantage there too.

#32 Edited by The_Red_Viper (5372 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: While I agree that Green Arrow should take this one, you underestimate Purple Arrow's capabilities. He's a very good improvisor and a pretty good tactician. I don't know if he's better than Ollie, but he's not THAT bad, lol...

BTW, Ollie was also trained by Natas, the guy who trained Deathstroke (which means he's one deadly SOB).

#33 Posted by CheeseSticks (2759 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: i don't have time to search for 5 images. The story is Hush Returns if you want to see it.

#34 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (6483 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: There's like 5 pages before the one i post where Ollie and Batman are fighting equally and no he didn't said stop because Batman was going to beat him, he said stop at the same time Batman said enough. That's a stalemate.

GA can beat Clint anyday of the week in both archery and H2H.

Is this the "5" pages of fighting you were talking about? This fight is PIS and Bats wasn't going all out or he'd punish GA, he grabs him by the throat and says enough. One fight does not mean GA is on Bats level by any means, the other GA Conner Hawke would own him.

#36 Posted by phisigmatau (671 posts) - - Show Bio

get them dudes guns man these arrows ent foolin or hurtin no 1

smh

#37 Posted by The_Red_Viper (5372 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Saren (27101 posts) - - Show Bio

Guns are for pussies and the Punisher.

I'm not seeing the distinction.

#39 Edited by entropy_aegis (16063 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks said:

@the_red_viper: There is more pages before this one where GA and Batman are fighting but this is the last one :

That's from Hush Returns which is one of the worst Batman stories ever,in that series GA also beat Prometheus who in turn was Hush's sidekick.It's bad writing dude and an awful lot was retconned away(Prometheus,Talia being leader of Kobra etc).Terrible example it's PIS.

EDIT: This was also before Ollies retraining,nothing about it makes sense.Batman has disabled Ollie's limbs with a mere touch,and re enabled them at his wish,he could beat both Clint and Ollie h2h in a few minutes.

#40 Posted by CheeseSticks (2759 posts) - - Show Bio

if you say so

#41 Posted by TDK_1997 (15969 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie.

#42 Edited by dondave (40129 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow

#43 Posted by ferventking (265 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: The scan just 2 comments above shows Ollie is equal to Batman, and I doubt Clint can last 1 minute in H2H against Batman.

It really doesn't. The scan shows Batman going H2H against GA with a bow, and ends with Batman's hand around GA's throat, Batarang ready.

#44 Posted by Vaeternus (9558 posts) - - Show Bio

GA

#45 Edited by The_Red_Viper (5372 posts) - - Show Bio

@ferventking: Ok, you're right, but knocking the goddamn Batman to the ground is a pretty impressive feat by itself. Could Purple Arrow do that? I doubt it.