Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chaos Prime
No Caption Provided

V

Zerg, Terran & Protoss
Zerg, Terran & Protoss

Character Links - Imperium of Man 40K, Zerg, Terran & Protoss.

Rules/Scenario -

All out War in a neutral Uni but all characters retain powers/skills etc etc from their own Uni.

Post Horus Heresy Imperium of Man in this encounter.

No Character/Tech/Object that can solo.No Immortals Allowed.

No going back in Time Allowed.

Months prep for the Starcraft Races but only to discuss tactics by the leaders of all factions.

4 days prep for the Imperium of Man.(as above)

All factions will work as one so no changing sides mid battle :)

Who Wins?

PS - Warhammer Comics - Starcraft Comics.

EDIT - No Grey Knights Space Marines or second founding chapters, No Blood Angels Space Marines & Second founding Chapters & no Adeptus Titanicus (Yep no Titans).

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imperium of Man

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If IoM has no restrictions on using their ships, i.e. the wars with Chaos, Orkz, Tau, Necrons, Crusades, and Tyranids are ignored, they should win through sheer attrition if nothing else.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pokergeist

^ this.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_prime so primarchs and GEOM right......I don't think the GEOM can solo, but darn it IoM is super OP here.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_prime so primarchs and GEOM right......I don't think the GEOM can solo, but darn it IoM is super OP here.

No Primarchs & GEOM is in his current form sat on the Golden Throne.

savagekelley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By savagekelley

The Imperium stomps.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If IoM has no restrictions on using their ships, i.e. the wars with Chaos, Orkz, Tau, Necrons, Crusades, and Tyranids are ignored, they should win through sheer attrition if nothing else.

No restrictions to the Fleet be it Imperial Navy, Space Marine, Adeptus Astra Telepathica etc etc But it has to be Post Heresy so no Planet Killer :)

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well then it should be a little more even because As far as I can tell the most the Imperium of man put into one action was billions of their troops, they have more but I believe both sides have some comparable numbers.

Protoss have some psy storms that can easily tear enemy ground formations to pieces, Zerg would be able to bum rush the enemy, kill them adapt their bodies and then kill some more.

On the ground Team was has the advantage in versatility and should be able to win most of the ground battles

In space I would give the edge to Team 1 because they also have the edge in versatility.

@clark_el Do you have some more information on Starcraft teams capabilities, i.e. numbers and tech that would give them a better edge in this fight.

So far I want to say Team 1, can squeeze out a win based on versatility 5.5/10 to team 1.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@eisenfauste: I don't know...the tech of the protoss and the numbers of the zerg would be a match for the Imperium I think.

Avatar image for thegoddamnmasterchief
TheGoddamnMasterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el said:

@eisenfauste: I don't know...the tech of the protoss and the numbers of the zerg would be a match for the Imperium I think.

To try and give you an idea of how badly the Imperium outnumbers the SC team here, SC only takes place in a single sector while the Imperium is spread out across the entire galaxy.

This is a brutal stomp for the IoM.

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IoM eventually wins

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Clark_EL

@thegoddamnmasterchief: Although I'm not the greatest Warhammer fan...I do still know the numbers and capabilities of the IOM. The zerg has trillions of forces and reproduce faster then they lose.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el said:

Thats what I'm thinking, protoss have some wicked tech, plus psyionic storms or abilites that could be a match for imperium psykers. I say tech wise Starcraft is much better than Imperium thats why they could win in a slight edge.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eisenfauste

@thegoddamnmasterchief: Yeah but the Tyranids gives the Imperium a run for their money, and at most they faced millions and lost massive amounts of their forces while beating the Tyranid fleet. Imperium of Man has some serious numbers, but facing all these three factions at once, each supplementing each others disadvantages seems like it would be too much for the IoM to win, it would be a close fight but its doubtful that they could stomp.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Clark_EL

@eisenfauste: I think the Imperium tech wise is slightly better than the Terran

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el: Agreed i just was pointing out the protoss they are above IoM

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Clark_EL

@eisenfauste: yep

I think a Zealot can take out a Space Marine...anyone else agree?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el: Lol with their shielding+speed+energy swords.....definitely.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By VMole

I'm guessing the Protoss can pull out some nifty tech to run away or hide their forces, but I'm not aware of anything if they possess anything that the IoM hasn't dealt with when fighting the Eldar, Tau, or Necrons (to which they lose badly to for the most part unless some serious plot armor is on their side). I honestly can't say much about the capabilities of the Protoss since I've only played a bit of SC2's campaign and never got very far because of reasons, but I haven't seen anything that they possessed that would match or exceed what the Eldar or Necrons typically field. The Terran Dominion is barely a speedbump, their space forces really aren't up to snuff so things on the ground won't even matter unless the IoM is absolutely determined to take planets intact, in which case orbital bombardment of key military sites remains a perfectly valid option if they don't feel like deploying their Titan Legions or Space Marines. The Zerg don't have enough numbers or requisite firepower to make a dent in the Imperium, the IoM has fought worse in the Tyranids that regularly employ greater numbers of fighters per engagement and have displayed a greater mastery of biological warfare and adaptation.

The IoM in the 40k Milky Way galaxy is fighting on multiple fronts against far more numerous and far more powerful entities such as the Orks and Chaos, relatively minor insurrections involving rebelling human systems, engaging minor alien empires not including the Tau, and attempting to stem Necron outbreaks that are guaranteed to wipe out entire systems at a time, yet they can still manage to scrape the forces required to stave off and/or redirect major Tyranid Hive Fleets and the subsequent splinter fleets that follow from breaking them apart. The IoM doesn't have to worry about those fronts and those opponents in this scenario, they'll be completely dedicated to eradicating the united SC forces, and I don't think the team can make up for the sheer difference of military strength between themselves and the Imperium of Man.

The SC team gets utterly crushed in any military engagement worth a damn, unless someone can bring up some material on SC forces being able to compete with the IoM in space, anything involving a ground engagement isn't going to even matter. Whoever controls space will control the flow of the war for obvious reasons, and the IoM can and will run relatively uncontested against the comparatively much weaker SC powers.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starcraft Race.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IoM

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By Strider1992

@eisenfauste said:

@clark_el: Lol with their shielding+speed+energy swords.....definitely.

Just out of interest what speed feats do Zealots have? Not to mention Protoss sheilds have been penertrated by Gauss rounds which only hit slightly higher than a .50cal round not quite the same as a .75cal explosive round fired extreme speed. Shielding probably wouldn't be much use against power weapons either. So it would depend on what the Marine was armed with.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Zealots shielding have gone down by having a multitude of gauss rounds being fired at it.

"some zealots developed the ability to turn their body into pure energy for a few microseconds. This allows them to move at lightning-fast speeds and strike suddenly against an enemy that thinks they are out of range." This means they should have the ability to speedblitz almost any marine and get in close and personal.

They also have pre-cog abilities, their blades are stated as having the ability to tear through structures and vehicles alike, they will be able to cut through power armor, don't know about terminator plate, its possible that they can since a chainsword was able to get through in one of the books.

hmmmm as for the power weapons have they be shown to punch through shielding before. And bolt rounds would be stopped by the shielding though I don't think it would take too many bolt rounds to get through their shields.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Strider1992

@eisenfauste said:

@strider92: Zealots shielding have gone down by having a multitude of gauss rounds being fired at it.

However we do know that autocannons can and have taken them down:

The Goliath advanced, his armor fully powered, his twin thirty-millimeter autocannons blazing. The weapon blasted without pause until the nearest Zealot toppled backward, dead.

-Shadow of the Xel'Naga

This is an impressive feat of durability there is no doubt but doesn't seem to much beyond what power armor can tank:

Heavy autocannon fire sprayed the roof of the building, churning up its pebbled surface and shredding human flesh. The men who had been awaiting rescue in the flyers were the first to die, ripped apart in seconds by the heavy calibre, armour piercing shells. Vedden screamed as an autocannon shell clipped him, instantly shearing his leg from his body in midthigh. He collapsed, dragging the girl to the ground with him.

The Ultramarines scattered, firing at the ornithopters, but their bolter rounds were ineffective against the armoured undersides of the gunships.

Learchus sprinted forward, diving to the ground to gather the girl in his arms and rolling on top of her as the ornithopter's shells ripped towards her. He supported his weight on his elbows so as not to crush the girl and felt the powerful impacts hammer into his backplate. He offered a small prayer of thanks to his armour for standing firm against the traitorous fire.

-Nightbringer Page 161

Autocannons in 40k have the stopping power to go through light 40k vehicules and a Space Marine takes multiple shots from these to his back and still keeps moving. Here's a quote from Rogue Trader:

Auto-Cannon: Auto-Cannons are similar in concept to twentieth centaury Tank guns. They are automatic and use mass-reactive explosive ammunition.

-Rogue Trader Rulebook

Heres the page explaining what an autocannon is if you want more info:

Autocannon

@eisenfauste said:

"some zealots developed the ability to turn their body into pure energy for a few microseconds. This allows them to move at lightning-fast speeds and strike suddenly against an enemy that thinks they are out of range."

Some Zealots? So not all of them have this ability? Not to mention Marines have clocked Microsecond reaction times:

As the shell seared past, Rangar threw himself flat behind the low pile of rubble trying to make himself as small a target as possible. That had been close, too close. The shot had almost parted his hair. Only his lightning quick reflexes, and the microsecond's warning provided by his superhuman senses had got him out of the way. If he had ducked half a heartbeat later, his head would have been an exploding fountain of gore and bone.

- Space Wolf Omnibus Page 269

It seems unlikely they could speedblitz as the ability you explained only allows them to get into combat. Have they ever actually used it in close combat to fight an opponent?

@eisenfauste said:

They also have pre-cog abilities, their blades are stated as having the ability to tear through structures and vehicles alike, they will be able to cut through power armor, don't know about terminator plate, its possible that they can since a chainsword was able to get through in one of the books.

How good are these pre-cog abilities? Do you have any references to how effective it is in combat? and while I have no doubt their blades could cut through SM armor it wouldn't be a one-hit cut given their durability not to mention if the Zealot did cut through the Space Marine's armor it still has to contend with the SM's Laraman Organ. Basically Space Marines have a healing factor:

Red runes winked into life on his visor as his armor was torn open in half a dozen places. He felt searing pain and cursed as he yanked a plate-sized piece of sizzling shrapnel from his leg. Almost instantly, he could feel the Larraman cells clotting his blood and forming a protective layer of scar tissue over the wound. He had suffered much worse before and shut out the pain.

Ultramarines Omnibus Page 22

Some Space Marines have survived fatal injuries thanks to this. For example in the Iron Hands Novels a Marine had a total injury list of multiple hits from bolter fire, having his primary heart stabbed by a power sword, poisoned and finally stabbed in the lungs by yet another powersword. Most of these incidents just pissed him off. I'll post the feat once i've read the book I just heard about it in a 40k forum so I can't swear to its authenticty but I soon will. So not only does the Zealot have to cut through power armor it then also has to deal enough damage to bypass the Space Marine's healing factor too.

@eisenfauste said:

hmmmm as for the power weapons have they be shown to punch through shielding before. And bolt rounds would be stopped by the shielding though I don't think it would take too many bolt rounds to get through their shields.

Fair enough.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Just to put things into perspective:

• Imperium of Man: Rules a galaxy, barely.
  • Starcraft: takes place within a few sectors.
Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Chibi_cute

Imperium of man crushes the protoss zerg and the terran in any space battle.. literally..

in ground encounter.. the starcraft factions gets creamed and blasted into oblivion.

Space marine grunt >>>>>>> starcraft fodder grunts.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to put things into perspective:

• Imperium of Man: Rules a galaxy, barely.
  • Starcraft: takes place within a few sectors.

Barely is an under statement imo.The Imperium of man has beaten & lost battles to all the major races in its Galaxy :)

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: See this is where the problem begins, I haven't read any Starcraft books out there that actually show the full ability of a zealot, I do know in game that all zealots have the ability to move at lightning speed, though since it is not an actual feat numerously displayed in books I cannot attest to how many zealots use this ability though I would assume all of them use this for an attack.

Again there is not enough Starcraft EU books out there to attest to their pre-cog, though from the piece of information I read up about them it stated that they use it to avoid your attacks before they actually happen, which would be good in an H2H fight.

I know the healing factor of Space Marines and its pretty awesome, feel like the creators didn't think they were BA enough they wanted all of them to be basically wolverine lol

Those wounds that you pointed out were mainly stab wounds which only affect a certain area, zealots in their main attacks specialize in both stabbing and slashing to do maximum damage.

I don't really have the resources to debate about Starcraft, because I don't have any of the books, all I could do is run off of wiki's here lol, I just think from what I have seen about these three races, their versatility will give them the edge of IoM in groundbattles, yes IoM has beaten other factions before but most of the them were 1v1, not armies of 3 factions each with their own awesome abilities vs the IoM.

I think for this to be a more fair fight the OP would have to state that both sides have comparable numbers because when I think of it, the IoM has some ridiculous numbers here.

But I still think the Starcraft factions can pull out some wins here.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Strider1992

@eisenfauste said:

I know the healing factor of Space Marines and its pretty awesome, feel like the creators didn't think they were BA enough they wanted all of them to be basically wolverine lol

Lol they do that constantly. The amount of different gene-seed mutations and stuff is incredible. All Marines can also spit acid and gain the memories of whatever they kill via eating their flesh. The Flesh Tearer chapter cannibalizes its victims I believe. There's a chapter of Marines with bone claws like Wolverine, a Chapter that has had every single one of its members undergo Deamon therapy (basically they get deamons to possess the Marine then exorcise it giving them increased stats and a vast resistance to corruption),a Chapter that has pre-cognition and my personal favorite a chapter completely comprised of undead Marines lol:

Legion Of The Damned
Legion Of The Damned

Because Marines weren't scary enough! They had to make them undead, spew warp fire from their bodies and appear basically any where they like at anytime!

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: See this is where the problem begins, I haven't read any Starcraft books out there that actually show the full ability of a zealot, I do know in game that all zealots have the ability to move at lightning speed, though since it is not an actual feat numerously displayed in books I cannot attest to how many zealots use this ability though I would assume all of them use this for an attack.

Again there is not enough Starcraft EU books out there to attest to their pre-cog, though from the piece of information I read up about them it stated that they use it to avoid your attacks before they actually happen, which would be good in an H2H fight.

Those wounds that you pointed out were mainly stab wounds which only affect a certain area, zealots in their main attacks specialize in both stabbing and slashing to do maximum damage.

I don't really have the resources to debate about Starcraft, because I don't have any of the books, all I could do is run off of wiki's here lol, I just think from what I have seen about these three races, their versatility will give them the edge of IoM in groundbattles, yes IoM has beaten other factions before but most of the them were 1v1, not armies of 3 factions each with their own awesome abilities vs the IoM.

I think for this to be a more fair fight the OP would have to state that both sides have comparable numbers because when I think of it, the IoM has some ridiculous numbers here.

But I still think the Starcraft factions can pull out some wins here.

Zergs number in the Billions & then some & the Protoss Motherships should be a match for any Imperium Ship imo.

But will do an edit to even this encounter out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for the big old bump, but wow man the whole imperium navy and army pre-heresy? lol @wut try not to explode, but i think Sc mite be in over its head just a little bit in this match up XD

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: The difference in scale is far too big to be overcome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: hint but i think Sc mite be in over its head just a little bit in this match up XD lol

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

It's battles like these that make me wonder how much (or how little) the Op actually knows about the combatants.

Starcraft takes place within one single sector of Space. The Imperium of Man lays claim to an entire galaxy. The Starcraft team has perhaps a hundred worlds to draw manpower and resources from, the Imperium has far over a million.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BoringPerson

IoM is friggin' huge...

Plus it has supergod reality warper thingies.

@clark_el said:

@eisenfauste: yep

I think a Zealot can take out a Space Marine...anyone else agree?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

EH, if both are average equipment and skill... then I might back the Zealot. Mostly because space Marines love cqb too much for their own damn good.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IoM stomps.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IoM wins due to massive numbers advantage.

there are thousands of billions of imperial guards.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Wut

@pierpat: Nah, the infantry don't really matter. The sheer difference in fleet numbers and ship strength makes this extremely one-sided.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though I agree with everyone here that the Imperium wins.

Though I do honestly think both the Zerg and Protoss have the potential to give the Imperium a hard fight (especially the Protoss), though has many have said most of the StarCraft universe takes place in one quarter of the milky way while most of the entire WH40K universe takes place around the entire milky way.

Thus Imperium wins.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Wut

@jwwprod: The only way the Zerg could give the Imperium a hard time is if the Imperium was as it is now, fighting on all corners, because it wouldn't be able to chase the Zerg and put them down, the Zerg would quickly become yet another major threat to them because, just like the Tau, they can't spare the manpower to kill them. Dozens of worlds and systems would be in threat, it would be worse, but the Sector Fleets are going to... well.... the Zerg are not going to like even the small sector fleets. (If they were really clever, they would do what the Overmind did sc 1 and pretend to be animals or Nid off-shoots that are out of reach of the hive mind so the Imperium doesn't pay them any mind until they can get a larger force together. This would only work if the Imperium's attention was as divided as it is now.)

However, the reason they are not a threat here is because the Imperium can focus on them. The Imperium is not new to the Zerg-like races and their capabilities, but this time, they are facing a Nid like race that isn't nearly as adapt in space. It is very likely that once the Imperium discovers how hard it is to get rid of the Zerg from a planet, not beat their forces but truly flush them from underground, they will start to Exterminatus major hold outs on planets they do not feel are valuable or worth the effort (They are no longer on the defense, for once).

The Zerg cannot compete in space. The smallest sector fleets are going to make the Zerg bleed... heavily making attacking their worlds very difficult. (Standard Imperial Sector Fleet is 50-75 ships. There is a large debate on if those 50-75 ships are the larger military vessels or the larger ships and cruisers combined, the reason for this is because 40k will normally separate the 'larger ships' and specifically state cruisers and escorts separately.) The Zerg then have to engage the PDF which range from very sucky militia to as skilled as the American Army depending on the planet. Because of no Chaos, the Warp speeds are going to drastically increase, while they will still not be able to move around as fast as the Zerg, it doesn't really make a difference as all the planets have to do is hold out or get word out, both of which shouldn't be too difficult with Chaos no longer mucking stuff up.

Protoss, if we made them bloodlusted or changed their personalities, would be a major threat because they would come in and plasma the crap out of a planet then get out of dodge. They would take casualties from the larger worlds that have the fleets closer to them or orbital defenses up the wazoo (They couldn't touch Holy Terra... they turned the moon into a huge cannon.) but the Protoss lack the fleet numbers to defeat the Imperium in a major engagement. They would be crippling, but they would slowly lose ship after ship and be grounded down. Out of all three races, the Protoss, if we made them bloodlusted, would cause the most damage.

Terrans are glorified meatshields in this.

Destroyer0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats the point of this match up if you are just going to severely nerf the Imperium anyway?
I mean they would still win through sheer attrition but its more of an inconvenience for the IoM , i mean why would you even bother taking out the Astartes?
They are one of the key elements of the IoM

I would say the biggest threat for them are the Zerg because of how fast the repopulate and the infestations they can cause...though the Imperium are no strangers to corruption and mutation anyway so...Exterminatus the fuck out of them?

Space Battles Imperium wins easy , SC ships are below the 1KM range while 40k ships are 1-20 KM range sized ships...Terran BCs and Protoss carriers are going to struggle even taking out a single Imperial frigate

On the ground the imperial guard are gonna face some heavy losses though, Terran marines are just better armed and armored and backup up by medics with nano tech and marauders (Astartes can take them all easily but yeah you took them out for no apparent reason)
Zealots and the protoss machines are gonna tear apart companies of guardsmen easily

I think the IG can hold agaisnt zerg but Infestation might be anoyying to deal with