Immortals vs Vampires

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

The Immortals:Poseidon (trident), Apollo (no weapon), Zeus (hammer), Heracles (sword), Athena (dual kamas)

VS

True Blood Vampires: Bill, Eric, Godric, Pam, Russell

Random encounter, in character, to the true death. Teams start 10m apart. Who wins?

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jayfournines

Eh...weren't the Gods impervious to harm unless it was from their weapons? I don't actually remember.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By willpayton

@Jayfournines said:

Eh...weren't the Gods impervious to harm unless it was from their weapons? I don't actually remember.

They were not impervious to normal weapons or damage. When they fought the Titans at the end, the Titans only had whatever was lying around for weapons... including random pieces of metal and rocks.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@Jayfournines said:

No your right. Also when they were fighting the Titans it looked like everytime they attack it was like they were speed blitzing the gods were moving mighty fast. LOL or maybe it was the camera.....anyway the gods pretty much have this won.

throughmyeyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By throughmyeyez

It was the enemies in that movie that could only harm them, nothing else could. Except their own weapons? I can't recall it correctly, as well.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@WillPayton: I distinctly remember that the Titans had their own weapons. They pulled out swords and stuff. Not to mention, they used their teeth and hands like animals to hurt the gods. The Gods can't be hurt by normal weapons nor can their constructs, hence why the Epirius Bow was needed to break the prison.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By willpayton

@stormphoenix said:

@Jayfournines said:

No your right. Also when they were fighting the Titans it looked like everytime they attack it was like they were speed blitzing the gods were moving mighty fast. LOL or maybe it was the camera.....anyway the gods pretty much have this won.

@throughmyeyez said:

It was the enemies in that movie that could only harm them, nothing else could. Except their own weapons? I can't recall it correctly, as well.

No. Athena got killed because one of the Titans pushed her into a metal rod that was sticking out of a wall. The reason only the Titans could hurt them is because only they moved fast enough to tag the gods.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By willpayton

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@WillPayton: I distinctly remember that the Titans had their own weapons. They pulled out swords and stuff. Not to mention, they used their teeth and hands like animals to hurt the gods. The Gods can't be hurt by normal weapons nor can their constructs, hence why the Epirius Bow was needed to break the prison.

Then you distinctly remember wrong. They only had metal rods and rocks that were lying around after they came out of the prison enclosure. They didnt have any swords at all.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@WillPayton: Must of mistaken the metal poles for swords my bad. Though the weapons they are carrying are not made of ordinary material. They are wielding pieces of the prison which held them which is composed of Godly material, hence why they can hurt the Gods. Not to mention, only the gods can hurt each other.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@WillPayton said:

@stormphoenix said:

@Jayfournines said:

@throughmyeyez said:

No. Athena got killed because one of the Titans pushed her into a metal rod that was sticking out of a wall. The reason only the Titans could hurt them is because only they moved fast enough to tag the gods.

Ok so are the Vamps fast enough to tag the gods and can they hurt them.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By willpayton

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@WillPayton: Must of mistaken the metal poles for swords my bad. Though the weapons they are carrying are not made of ordinary material. They are wielding pieces of the prison which held them which is composed of Godly material, hence why they can hurt the Gods. Not to mention, only the gods can hurt each other.

Unless it was stated in the movie that this is true, it's just an assumption. Some of them were using the metal rods, some were using other rocks or pieces of the wall. We dont really know the composition of the walls of that prison. They could very well be normal materials. I dont remember any dialog saying that only gods could hurt other gods. But, even if that was there, dialog does not equal truth. Characters say things all the time that arent true. And "god" is a meaningless title... like Thor is a "god", but he can still be hurt by normal people.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By willpayton

@stormphoenix said:

Ok so are the Vamps fast enough to tag the gods and can they hurt them.

Go to 2:20 on the video to see how fast Eric is.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@WillPayton: These gods are directly based off Greek mythology. The gods in Greek mythology can only be killed by each other. There is a huge difference between comic book interpretation of gods and literal mythological interpretations. Thor is Norse mythology can take the form of a blizzard or storm, and could only be killed by gods or monsters. There are interviews where the director says he drew inspiration from the mythology of the Greek and baroque style art. If the wall could have been broken by normal means, Hyperion wouldn't need the Epicurus Bow, which in Greek mythology is the bow of Heracles. He gave up the bow when he became a god and it is capable of slaying gods because it was dipped in hydra blood. The movie states the bow was lost in the last great battle between the gods and titans. Hyperion needed the Titans to bring about the end of the world, if the gods were susceptible to death by normal means then he wouldn't need them to kill the gods for him. Also the titans instantly targeted the mortal guy with Epicurus bow in the film, even ignoring the gods who beamed down from Olympus.

Raizex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Raizex

Watching the movie right now. Be back in 2 hours to give me answer.

throughmyeyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By throughmyeyez

watching it as well. ill be back in two

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By willpayton

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

These gods are directly based off Greek mythology.

That means nothing. You cant attribute powers and abilities to the characters in the movie because they're based on different characters.

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

If the wall could have been broken by normal means, Hyperion wouldn't need the Epicurus Bow, which in Greek mythology is the bow of Heracles. He gave up the bow when he became a god and it is capable of slaying gods because it was dipped in hydra blood. The movie states the bow was lost in the last great battle between the gods and titans. Hyperion needed the Titans to bring about the end of the world, if the gods were susceptible to death by normal means then he wouldn't need them to kill the gods for him.

The bow is capable of slaying gods, but apparently so is a metal rod sticking out of a wall. And, things that were "said" or "stated" in the movie dont mean anything if it's a character doing the talking. Hulk likes to say he's the strongest there is, but it doesnt make it true.

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

Also the titans instantly targeted the mortal guy with Epicurus bow in the film, even ignoring the gods who beamed down from Olympus.

What? Do you mean in that fight scene that I linked to? Because, if that's what you're talking about, the Titans barely get the bow before Zeus takes it away from them. They never have the time to target anyone. And there's no mortal in that fight at all. What are you talking about?

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@WillPayton: They specifically targeted the guy on the floor who was holding the bow, ignoring the gods who came to fight them. They wanted the bow because it can kill the gods much easier than the rubble from their prison cell. If they could kill them with anything they wouldn't care so much about the bow. Statements can taken at face value when said by someone who is knowledgeable on the subject. The gods themselves said if the Titans are released it would spell destruction for them all. I don't see a problem with drawing information from mythology into the movie since the movie is heavily saturated with Greek mythology. The director himself even states in an interview that he draws influences from the mythology. Unless you have definitive proof that the gods can be slain by mortals, which would be silly and contradicts source material, then its safe to assume that they can only be killed by their own kind. This isn't like comicdom where there are beings higher than the gods. The immortals are pretty much the top of celestial hierarchy within the film.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By willpayton

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@WillPayton: They specifically targeted the guy on the floor who was holding the bow, ignoring the gods who came to fight them. They wanted the bow because it can kill the gods much easier than the rubble from their prison cell. If they could kill them with anything they wouldn't care so much about the bow. Statements can taken at face value when said by someone who is knowledgeable on the subject. The gods themselves said if the Titans are released it would spell destruction for them all. I don't see a problem with drawing information from mythology into the movie since the movie is heavily saturated with Greek mythology. The director himself even states in an interview that he draws influences from the mythology.

This is not how battles on CV work. You cant assume powers from versions of the characters that are not the ones in the battle.

Movie Superman is based on comics Superman. Does that mean movie Superman can do what comics Superman can do? No.

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

Unless you have definitive proof that the gods can be slain by mortals, which would be silly and contradicts source material, then its safe to assume that they can only be killed by their own kind. This isn't like comicdom where there are beings higher than the gods.

1. Vampires arent "mortals", so why are you even talking about whether or not the Immortals movie gods can be killed by mortals?

2. Characters can be killed unless otherwise proven, it doenst work the other way around.

3. Spoken dialog is not authoritative... except in very rare cases (spoken by omniscient narrator, etc). Characters talking about prophecies or stuff like that are not necessarily believable.

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

The immortals are pretty much the top of celestial hierarchy within the film.

This battle is not within the film. But even within the film the gods were killed by Titans, so even in the film they are not "immortal".

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@WillPayton: Movie Superman can do some of the things that comic Superman can do to a lesser extent, or even greater depending on which incarnation. There is really no problem drawing basic facts from the mythology to supplement your knowledge of the character in general. Like for instance, Zeus is the leader of the gods, Poseidon is his brother, and the rest of the gods are his children. Though the movie doesn't explicitly state any of these facts, it is implied through the interactions of the characters and through general knowledge of Greek myths. I was stating that within the Immortal movie universe they cannot be killed by regular people, unless they have a godly weapon. Nowhere did I say they couldn't be killed.

1. Mortals was in reference to the humans in the film, not to the vampires. I never said they couldn't be killed by vampires. Though none of the vampires listed would be able to touch the gods, their speed feats in the film were pretty insane. Moving quick enough where time seemed as it has stopped, or at least they were moving very, very slow relative to the gods. Zeus could control the elements (at least fire) and use it to send Heracles flying through a wall and killing him. He's also massively stronger being able to pull the mountain walls in on Tartarus.

2. It took nothing less but gods to kill other gods in the film. Whether or not the vampires are strong, quick enough to kill the gods is up to debate. Though, with the reasons listed above, I don't think the vampires have the necessary speed or strength. None of the vampires in the OP are old enough to challenge the gods, let alone see them if they were speed blitzed.

3. I don't see how the spoken dialogue of an individual about himself and his kind (i.e. Zeus speaking about the Olympian gods) would be up for speculation. If the titans are released, the gods are going to die in the ensuing battle. Which is proven true, since many gods died once they were released. And in the final scene you can see an epic battle in heaven between the gods and titans. It's not really a prophecy, Zeus was stating the obvious consequences of releasing the Titans.

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

This battle is not within the film. But even within the film the gods were killed by Titans, so even in the film they are not "immortal".

Of course they are not literal immortals. I have already stated earlier that they can die. I was merely pointing out that they are considered the strongest people in their movie verse in comparison to the vampires, who are not even close to being the strongest within the True Blood verse.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By D3athstroke

Pathetic "Gods" vs Sparking "Vampires"

Edington solos hes faster and stronger then all other "vampires" and "gods" combined

I wonder if he will like the blood of the "Gods"

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheDude123

Looks like they are roughly equal as far as speed is concerned. The Immortals are stronger and have better hand to hand training and skill. The Immortals also are wearing armor which will give them a distinct advantage as well and 4 out of the 5 immortals have weapons which is another advantage.

Immortals win but may lose one or two or their rank.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By willpayton

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

There is really no problem drawing basic facts from the mythology to supplement your knowledge of the character in general.

Yes there is a problem. We're talking about the Immortals movie characters. You need to use feats and evidence FROM THE MOVIE to back up your arguments, not inferences, feats, or assumptions from other versions of the characters.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By willpayton

@TheSwordsman said:

Looks like they are roughly equal as far as speed is concerned. The Immortals are stronger and have better hand to hand training and skill. The Immortals also are wearing armor which will give them a distinct advantage as well and 4 out of the 5 immortals have weapons which is another advantage.

Yeah, I'm still undecided...

Strength: Immortals

Speed: hard to tell, but probably goes to Godric, Russell, and Eric (they are insanely fast!)

Durability: split. Some Immortals (like Poseidon) are physically very tough, but vampires have fewer ways to die (normal wounds wont kill them)

Fighting Skill: Immortals

Equipment: Immortals

It all depends on speed. If the vampires are fast enough, they can even disarm the Immortals and use their weapons against them.

For now: Vampires win 6/10 due to speed advantage

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Hyperlight

@WillPayton said:

@TheSwordsman said:

Yeah, I'm still undecided...

Strength: Immortals

Speed: hard to tell, but probably goes to Godric, Russell, and Eric (they are insanely fast!)

Durability: split. Some Immortals (like Poseidon) are physically very tough, but vampires have fewer ways to die (normal wounds wont kill them)

Fighting Skill: Immortals

Equipment: Immortals

It all depends on speed. If the vampires are fast enough, they can even disarm the Immortals and use their weapons against them.

For now: Vampires win 6/10 due to speed advantage

i agree... im split too

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By YoungJustice

Its hard to gauge.

There was so much slo-mo in Immortals that you really dont know whether its in real time or slo-mo.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By willpayton

@YoungJustice said:

Its hard to gauge.

There was so much slo-mo in Immortals that you really dont know whether its in real time or slo-mo.

Yeah it is hard to determine. Immortals and True Blood use completely different ways to show speed. I remember once for another CV thread doing a (quick and dirty) calculation of the Immortals speed and determined that they move at around 10x normal human speed. I'm not motivated enough right now to do the same for the vampires, but I think it's possible. All you need is a scene where they move some distance that can be easily estimated.

But considering how fast normal vampires like Bill Compton (150 years old) are, and how Russell (3,000 y/o) stomped him when they fought... I definitely give the speed advantage to the vamps.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@WillPayton: If you read the rest of my posts I use nothing but feats from the movie. I merely said that basic facts from the mythology such as how the gods are related, their roles, and overall function are still transferable. I never used any of the feats from the myth to supplement my argument. All the things I mentioned such as shape shifting and manipulation of the elements are seen in the movie.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By willpayton

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@WillPayton: If you read the rest of my posts I use nothing but feats from the movie. I merely said that basic facts from the mythology such as how the gods are related, their roles, and overall function are still transferable. I never used any of the feats from the myth to supplement my argument. All the things I mentioned such as shape shifting and manipulation of the elements are seen in the movie.

Sure, pointing out stuff like that from mythology is perfectly fine, I'm just saying that in general you cant attribute powers or abilities from one to the other. You did say:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

These gods are directly based off Greek mythology. The gods in Greek mythology can only be killed by each other.

This implies that you think the movie gods can only be killed by the other gods because that's how it is in mythology.

I just want to make sure we dont ascribe abilities to them that are not supported by the source material. In this case, the Greek mythology is not the source, only the movie.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@WillPayton:

1. Mortals was in reference to the humans in the film, not to the vampires. I never said they couldn't be killed by vampires. Though none of the vampires listed would be able to touch the gods, their speed feats in the film were pretty insane. Moving quick enough where time seemed as it has stopped, or at least they were moving very, very slow relative to the gods. Zeus could control the elements (at least fire) and use it to send Heracles flying through a wall and killing him. He's also massively stronger being able to pull the mountain walls in on Tartarus.

2. It took nothing less but gods to kill other gods in the film. Whether or not the vampires are strong, quick enough to kill the gods is up to debate. Though, with the reasons listed above, I don't think the vampires have the necessary speed or strength. None of the vampires in the OP are old enough to challenge the gods, let alone see them if they were speed blitzed.

This is what I posted in response earlier. I don't see why you are quoting older things. I already said that you misinterpreted what I was saying. I said from what I can tell from the movie it took nothing less but gods to kill each other in the film. Never was I implying that the gods were only capable of being killed by other gods. I was pointing to the fact that it takes someone of comparable strength and speed to kill them. What I was questioning is whether or not the vampires are quick enough to speed blitz. Not to mention, the gods have the ability to shape shift, and Zeus has shown the ability to manipulate the elements (at least fire).

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By afueikawa

Ok, lets just focus on the MOVIE and TV Series here guys.

I assumed Ares is still alive here. It is true that the gods can be hurt / killed by the Titans by any material they can get a hold of, that's purely because they are also gods, or were. They were only renamed as Titans (according to the narrator that is), so it means that they can be hurt not depending on the material used but on who is using it, in this case, the Titans (ex-gods if you may).

On the speed thingy, the scene where Ares was bashing heads and scattering brain matters (f***ing CGI), you can notice that the entire background virtually stops, meaning he is speedblitzing but put in slomo (cuz if it is not, the bad guys would just suddenly dropped in the movie w/o us, the viewers not knowing what just happened). Another one is at the last battle between them and the Titans, at first glance, you may say they are moving normally, but the part where the first titan was killed, they suddenly slows down, meaning, the rest that are moving as we believe were just normal, were actually at super speed.

True Blood on the other hand, durability was shown to be superhuman also but not to the extent that they can't die from being exposed to the sun (which I may say TWILIGHT saga sucks at sparkling sh*ts rather than dying - they're not vampires, they're freaking fairies). Speed on the other hand was shown nearly or at same level as Clark (Smallville) which is just insane, but good.

If the gods could catch them and takes them on Olympus during daytime, they'd die, or drop them from there during night time, which I assumed they can't survive falling from such elevation (or they could ? ).

If its speed, then I'd say True Blood vamps 6/10. But if it overall criteria, Immortals 8/10, so not really a stomp for both sides.

@WillPayton said:

But considering how fast normal vampires like Bill Compton (150 years old) are, and how Russell (3,000 y/o) stomped him when they fought... I definitely give the speed advantage to the vamps.

The gods were there "EVEN BEFORE MAN OR BEAST ROAM THIS LANDS".

And to the Twilight vamps, here's something for you. LOL.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By willpayton

@afueikawa said:

@WillPayton said:

The gods were there "EVEN BEFORE MAN OR BEAST ROAM THIS LANDS".

Yes, but one of the qualities of True Blood vampires (like most vampires) is that they become more powerful as they get older. That's why Russell kicked Bill's ass and was laughing saying "I'm nearly 3,000 years old!"... he's about 20x as old as Bill. And while we dont know how 20x in age translates to power, it's obviously enough that he doesnt worry about Bill attacking him, at all. In fact he's shown as easily taking down multiple vampires much older than Bill.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Blacharrt1

Vampires, for Immortals they sure do die if you stab them a lot. I think the Vampires are faster and Stronger than them. The Immortals were easily kept held down.

Russel could solo, Godric could too.

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By afueikawa

@Blacharrt1 said:

The Immortals were easily kept held down.

Sorry, but I disagree. They were not easily kept held down, they were overwhelmed to be more accurate. If you see the first minutes of the fights, the gods were owning the titans.

The tide turned when more titans came out of the prison underground. If it was a 1 on 1 fight, the gods will still stomp. The only thing I hate about the movie is they only included some of the gods and killed Ares using Zeus (f*ck Zeus for that).

@Blacharrt1 said:

I totally disagree for both soloing all the gods. In speed, maybe. But in strength, I doubt it. Like i said, 6/10 for vamps and 8/10 for the gods. No stomp for both team though.

But since, i don't remember any movie or tv series showing a fight between gods and vamps (or is there, please tell me the name of the show), we'll agree to disagree.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dark Cloud™

Immortals 9/10.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By isaac_clarke

@WillPayton said:

@Jayfournines said:

They were not impervious to normal weapons or damage. When they fought the Titans at the end, the Titans only had whatever was lying around for weapons... including random pieces of metal and rocks.

I think the whole fact the Titans were wielding said items made them capable of harming the gods. Like when Zeus picks up that chain to kill Ares without breaking a sweat.

Regardless, the Greek Gods had way better high end showings than the True Blood Vamps. Poseidon caused a damn tidal wave after a quick dip into the ocean. Hell apparently he survived the Titan fight after those injuries given he is shown fighting the Titans in the vision at the end of the film.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Blacharrt1

@afueikawa said:

@Blacharrt1 said:

The Immortals were easily kept held down.

Sorry, but I disagree. They were not easily kept held down, they were overwhelmed to be more accurate. If you see the first minutes of the fights, the gods were owning the titans.

The tide turned when more titans came out of the prison underground. If it was a 1 on 1 fight, the gods will still stomp. The only thing I hate about the movie is they only included some of the gods and killed Ares using Zeus (f*ck Zeus for that).

@Blacharrt1 said:

I totally disagree for both soloing all the gods. In speed, maybe. But in strength, I doubt it. Like i said, 6/10 for vamps and 8/10 for the gods. No stomp for both team though.

But since, i don't remember any movie or tv series showing a fight between gods and vamps (or is there, please tell me the name of the show), we'll agree to disagree.

You can disagree all you like, i don't need to watch the fight i saw the movie. And the movie clearly stated that The Gods weren't even gods as we saw them, they were Human being who was elevated to the status of God simply by belief. Beyond teleporting and Shapechanging they seems highly susceptible to be Hurt. Ares was killed with a Hammer to the Chest. Poseidon, Hercules, Athena were all killed by brute and stabbings force. I would say they have super strenght but nothing that was beyond that of the True Blood Vampires.

Athough the Immortals are great at Martials Arts, they could be killed by someone with enough strength and speed to do so. True Blood vampires actually have on screen fights at superspeeds, Russel was the most powerful vampire on the entire series, even the Guardian wasn't as old as him. He would have more than enough Brute force to rip their hearts out before they even knew it. Godric is capable of doing the exact same, and although not as old as Russell he was pretty darn old. The Immortal don't have the speed to counter any of their attacks and the Martial Arts is useless.

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By afueikawa

@Blacharrt1 said:

i don't need to watch the fight i saw the movie.

Ares was killed with a Hammer to the Chest. Poseidon, Hercules, Athena were all killed by brute and stabbings force.

Just a few correction mate, i think you need to watch the movie again.

First, Ares wasn't killed by a hammer to the chest. It was a fire whip by Zeus.

Second, Poseidon manage to survived as well (there were 2 lights which ascends to Olympus (3 in total) - the last light was the protagonist (can't remember the name :P).