ImmortalOne vs Strider92

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ImmortalOne

Round between and me, for 's Below Street Level (peak human) Tournament.

An abandoned city, plagued by an army of monsters.

Simple enough?

Each monster is a 2 tonner with speed and agility to match; they are completely mindless and bloodthirsty.

All combatants have been infected. Unfortunately, each team only has one antidote. It is your mission to find the opposing team, and steal their antidote to cure you and your partner. Teams start on opposite ends of the city, and have five hours to get their hands on their enemies serum.

Meanwhile, the monsters are still running rampant. Good luck.

Contestants and their team as follows.

ImmortalOne

Sam Fisher- SC Protector knife, SC-20K M.A.W.S. (along with EMP ammunition, gas grenade ammunition, sticky shockers, ring airfoil projectiles, cottonball, shotgun attachment, sniper attachment, and sticky cameras), FN Five-seveN USG (with a laser sight, reflex sight, and match grade ammo), SC 3000, Multi-Vision Goggles, Stealth suit, and Sonar Goggles.

Ethan Hunt- SIG-Sauer P226 E2, Heckler & Koch MP5K-PDW, Heckler & Koch G36K, Barrett M82A1, M26 Hand grenade, aerial balloon camera, sticky gloves, mask maker, pre-made masks, "gum" explosive, radio communicators (I don't know what they're called... used in MI:1), and Kevlar.

Strider92

Jason Bourne - M16, M9 pistol, Combat knife, Smoke grenades

Mr. Smith - MP5, M9 Pistol, A Carrot, Kevlar, Smoke grenades, Thermal goggles

BeaverSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BeaverSauce

Manthing solos

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NyghtMare

I'm going with you, ImmortalOne.

Sam Fisher is a B3AST, and Mr. Smith sucks.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Strider1992

Its a bit late for me to begin this debate now. I'll come back tomorrow :).

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImmortalOne

@Strider92: Yeah, same here.

PlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By PlasticBag

@NyghtMare: Mr. Smith doesn't suck! On-topic I wish the best of luck to the both of you :P

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By renamed040924

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImmortalOne

@Strider92: I'll start with the fact that my team has far superior range, weaponry, and technology than your team does. With Ethan's balloon camera, they should be able to find your team Thermal goggles won't work in this place due to the fact that the monsters also have body heat, so the chances are, my team is going to find yours long before your team finds mine.

Both Ethan and Sam have sniper rifles (or in Sam's case, a sniper rifle attachment). This is a major advantage. Mr. Smith and Jason have no idea where my team is, while my team knows where yours is, and then have sniper rifles.

A quick headshot for Mr. Smith and Jason should take them out. From there, they just travel to locate the bodies and grab the antidote.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Strider1992

@ImmortalOne: True your team will likely find me first however Jason has experience dealing with snipers and knows how they operate:

and its not like either Jason or Smith will be walking around out in open ready to get their heads blown off. Both of them are smart enough to know to stick to cover.

Once they have pinpointed your location the smoke grenades will be used to obscure your vision as much as possible in order to avoid getting hit. This should allow my team to close in putting you in range of Mr. Smith's aim.

0:54

If this comes to a close range fight the combination of Smith's shooting ability and Jason's hand 2 hand will be very difficult to overcome:

Although I agree your team would most likely find me first Jason is very hard to get the drop on as you can see in the video above. His ability to predict danger is incredible. This and his tactical mind is what will keep my team from getting gunned down and in conjunction with the smoke grenades allow me to close the gap.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@nickzambuto said:

Love that gif xD

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Emperorb777

I'm backing the guy who has A Carrot for equipment thats the sign of a true boss.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By renamed040924

@Immortal777 said:

I'm backing the guy who has A Carrot for equipment thats the sign of a true boss.

You're backing Strider?! How could you go against your Immortal brethren!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Strider1992

@Immortal777 said:

You cannot have Smith without his favorite piece of standard gear!!!!! He's also pretty boss with a carrot!!!:

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ImmortalOne

@Strider92 said:

@ImmortalOne: True your team will likely find me first however Jason has experience dealing with snipers and knows how they operate:

and its not like either Jason or Smith will be walking around out in open ready to get their heads blown off. Both of them are smart enough to know to stick to cover.

Once they have pinpointed your location the smoke grenades will be used to obscure your vision as much as possible in order to avoid getting hit. This should allow my team to close in putting you in range of Mr. Smith's aim.

0:54

If this comes to a close range fight the combination of Smith's shooting ability and Jason's hand 2 hand will be very difficult to overcome:

Although I agree your team would most likely find me first Jason is very hard to get the drop on as you can see in the video above. His ability to predict danger is incredible. This and his tactical mind is what will keep my team from getting gunned down and in conjunction with the smoke grenades allow me to close the gap.

Jason had a lot more advantages though. He knew where the sniper was, he was expecting him, he was at a closer range, and the sniper gave up after missing one shot. My team will know exactly where you are.

Okay, let's assume that my team misses the initial sniper shot. Your team has to get all the way across the city, and chances are they'll get back in sight of Ethan and Sam's sniper rifles at some point. My team still knows exactly where you are via balloon camera. With radio communicators, they could split up, and one of them (probably Sam) could ambush the two, or they could get into a hiding position, wait until Bourne and Smith get close, then shoot them. My point is, there is a small chance that they'll make it all the way across and then engage in hand to hand combat or a close range gunfight. More likely, my team will set traps, ambushes, or just go for another snipe.

But if they somehow mange it, smoke grenades won't work, due to Sam's multi-vision and sonar goggles. On the topic of a gunfight, Sam is able to get kills in a rapid succession-

and Ethan was able to take out attacking gunman pretty accurately-

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sideslash

@Strider92 said:

@Immortal777 said:

You cannot have Smith without his favorite piece of standard gear!!!!! He's also pretty boss with a carrot!!!:

Whoa.......

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Strider1992

@ImmortalOne: Well Jason didn't exactly know for sure there was a sniper. He guess that there was someone outside and was only tipped of because the dog went missing the rest was intuition. For example if a dog went missing your first though wouldn't be "Oh a sniper must have done it" it could have been any number a things. It was Jason's ability to predict danger that allowed him to figure this out just like in the his fight with Castel (see above) he had no prior warning that Castel was going to attack but still had the feeling something was wrong. So while tipping him off pushed him along it was Jason's own intuition and ingenuity that allowed him to find and beat the sniper.

Also you are talking as if your team is simply going to set up shop and look out of the city waiting for my team to appear. This is very counter productive as one of your team is infected and going to need the antidote. Setting up shop and waiting for my team to appear makes everyone worse off as it lengthens the amount of time you would have before succumbing to the infection. Not to mention trying to find my team in a city full of those zombie things would be really hard even with your camera's etc.... trying to pick out who's my team and who's not when the place is crawling with infected means that snipers aren't really the best tactic here. I'm pretty sure Sam and Ethan wouldn't want to sit in one place hoping that my team happens to stroll on by. Their smart enough to know that if they want to find the cure quickly and efficiently before transforming their best shot is to keep moving.

@ImmortalOne said:

This is a good feat of accuracy but its nothing that Mr. Smith cannot match or surpass. Due to his brilliant spatial awareness it's going to be hard to take Smith off guard:

With his accuracy and adaptability if it comes to a gun fight (which it most likely will due to infected roaming about so staying in one place a less than favorable approach to finding the other team and getting the cure) then Smith is most likely the MVP.

I see Sam as the biggest threat here as he likes to use stealth and in conjunction with those goggles he'll be one tough cookie. However you said it yourself earlier different vision goggles are less than helpful here due to all the other infected running around. So we are effectively in the same boat there. Besides if it did come to a shoot out between Smith and Fisher I would lean towards Smith due to more consistent feats. That video you posted while impressive is still game mechanics and doesn't reflect what the character is capable of. For example the player could have just as easily clicked to the left of the enemies and missed that means there isn't a cannon outcome as the whole thing based on a player controlled scenario.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ImmortalOne

@Strider92 said:

@ImmortalOne: Well Jason didn't exactly know for sure there was a sniper. He guess that there was someone outside and was only tipped of because the dog went missing the rest was intuition. For example if a dog went missing your first though wouldn't be "Oh a sniper must have done it" it could have been any number a things. It was Jason's ability to predict danger that allowed him to figure this out just like in the his fight with Castel (see above) he had no prior warning that Castel was going to attack but still had the feeling something was wrong. So while tipping him off pushed him along it was Jason's own intuition and ingenuity that allowed him to find and beat the sniper.

Also you are talking as if your team is simply going to set up shop and look out of the city waiting for my team to appear. This is very counter productive as one of your team is infected and going to need the antidote. Setting up shop and waiting for my team to appear makes everyone worse off as it lengthens the amount of time you would have before succumbing to the infection. Not to mention trying to find my team in a city full of those zombie things would be really hard even with your camera's etc.... trying to pick out who's my team and who's not when the place is crawling with infected means that snipers aren't really the best tactic here. I'm pretty sure Sam and Ethan wouldn't want to sit in one place hoping that my team happens to stroll on by. Their smart enough to know that if they want to find the cure quickly and efficiently before transforming their best shot is to keep moving.

@ImmortalOne said:

This is a good feat of accuracy but its nothing that Mr. Smith cannot match or surpass. Due to his brilliant spatial awareness it's going to be hard to take Smith off guard:

With his accuracy and adaptability if it comes to a gun fight (which it most likely will due to infected roaming about so staying in one place a less than favorable approach to finding the other team and getting the cure) then Smith is most likely the MVP.

I see Sam as the biggest threat here as he likes to use stealth and in conjunction with those goggles he'll be one tough cookie. However you said it yourself earlier different vision goggles are less than helpful here due to all the other infected running around. So we are effectively in the same boat there. Besides if it did come to a shoot out between Smith and Fisher I would lean towards Smith due to more consistent feats. That video you posted while impressive is still game mechanics and doesn't reflect what the character is capable of. For example the player could have just as easily clicked to the left of the enemies and missed that means there isn't a cannon outcome as the whole thing based on a player controlled scenario.

They'd really be fools not to use it either. In this scenario, I think using the aerial balloon camera would be the best course of option, as it gives them the advantage of knowing where Jason and Mr. Smith are. Combined with Sam's Sonar Goggles, which can tell the difference between armed and unarmed enemies, they should be able to find your team, even if they aren't going to use sniper rifles. An ambush would be easily accomplished with Sam's stealth. I'm pretty sure Jason and Mr. Smith are going to stick out over these guys-

While Mr. Smith does have better accuracy, it really won't make a difference. Both Sam and Ethan have shown enough accuracy to score kills, which is really all that is needed here.

I think Sam's feat was cannon, since it was during a cutscene, and the game actually told you to mark the targets, as you can see in this English version-