#1 Edited by i_like_swords (14309 posts) - - Show Bio

i_like_swords Street Level Tourney - Round 1 - The Battle

The Battle.

Alright, get ready for Round 1. Here we establish what teams are the most able to adapt and overcome.

Please avoid commenting on the battle or either persons team until debating ends, as it may affect the outcome of the battle.

Setting:

- The fight will take place inside the New York Museum of Natural History

- Teams will both start on the second floor in separate sections of the museum. From there they have access to a stairway down to the first floor. Alternatively they can enter the main hall, which can be looked down upon from the second floor and has a large central staircase leading up to the second floor.

- The battle will take place 20 minutes before sunrise.

-During the first 20 minutes of the battle the fire alarm will be activated, meaning sprinklers will have covered every area of the museum (apart from the main hall) in water and will continue to do so for 20 minutes.

- For 5 minutes at the start the fire alarm itself will be going off, which is moderately loud, making it a bit more difficult to communicate with your team. The alarm won't be nearly as loud in the main hall.

-The lights will be out for the first 20 minutes, so it won't be total darkness, but a normal human won't be able to see clearly.

- After the first 20 minutes are up the sprinklers will stop, and the sun will rise. The lights in the museum will come back on.

- However, in a freak twist of events, a blizzard has invaded New York, and the glass roof above the main hall is smashed in and snow is landing everywhere. Snow will be present in the main wall 4 inches deep, 3 inches deep everywhere on the first floor, and 1 inch deep on the second floor. Aside from that, expect what you would normally get in a museum of history.

Teams

joeagentofhand1 - Amadeus Cho, Nobody, Dr Midnite, Misaka 10032

VS

sync1 - Batman, Cassandra Cain, Azrael (Jean Paul), Conner Hawke GA

• No prep will be available for this match
  • Your teams neutrally start in their own sections of the museum
  • They will all be in character
  • This fight is to KO/Death depending on the character
  • You may not leave the museum
  • Characters who know each other have all their knowledge of that character, as well as their disposition towards them
  • Characters know the names of who they are fighting when the fight starts. They don't where they are. They just know that they have to defeat those people
  • The winner may claim two items of gear from the characters of their opponent. No armor.

With that, you may begin. I will alert the judges when voting is to begin.

#2 Edited by i_like_swords (14309 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Ben Stiller is there, I loved him in Zoolander. Anyways Sync can go first.

#4 Posted by sync1 (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Ben Stiller is there, I loved him in Zoolander. Anyways Sync can go first.

I have no idea what your characters are about. Some information would be appreciated :)

#5 Posted by i_like_swords (14309 posts) - - Show Bio

He might make a Night at the Museum appearance, but reanimated dinosaurs will not be included in his standard gear.

#6 Posted by sync1 (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords So it's dark, snowing, moderately loud, and the sprinklers are going off?

#7 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1: Dr. Mid-Nite is the second person to take up the mantle.He is blind, but has a mask that allows him to see even in the dark. He is an expert H2H fighter and uses smoke bombs and a sort of flash grenade.

Nobody is an assassin who can turn invisible. His fighting skill is a little less than Batman's.

Misaka is a clone of Misaka Mikoto. She has electrical powers(if I remember correctly she does not use it that much and it is weaker compared to the original Misaka) and is an expert in firearms.

Amadeus Cho is the sidekick to Hercules. He is the eighth smartest person in the marvel universe. He can predict multiple outcomes.

#8 Posted by i_like_swords (14309 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1: Dark for the first 20 minutes. Moderately loud everywhere apart from the main hall for 5 minutes. Sprinklers going off for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes it will begin to snow. I'm just going to say this: I've given you the setting but it is also in your guys hands to play with, if your characters can.

#9 Posted by sync1 (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1: Dr. Mid-Nite is the second person to take up the mantle.He is blind, but has a mask that allows him to see even in the dark. He is an expert H2H fighter and uses smoke bombs and a sort of flash grenade.

Nobody is an assassin who can turn invisible. His fighting skill is a little less than Batman's.

Misaka is a clone of Misaka Mikoto. She has electrical powers(if I remember correctly she does not use it that much and it is weaker compared to the original Misaka) and is an expert in firearms.

Amadeus Cho is the sidekick to Hercules. He is the eighth smartest person in the marvel universe. He can predict multiple outcomes.

You should probably start.

#10 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1: alright Misaka gets her sniper and puts on her night vision goggles. She aims from the second floor to the first. Amadeus hides with her. Nobody goes invisible and stays at the first floor. Mid-Nite goes throughout the museum with his flash grenades ready. What happens after this depends on what you do next.

#11 Posted by sync1 (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1: alright Misaka gets her sniper and puts on her night vision goggles. She aims from the second floor to the first. Amadeus hides with her. Nobody goes invisible and stays at the first floor. Mid-Nite goes throughout the museum with his flash grenades ready. What happens after this depends on what you do next.

My team has the edge in this battlefield. We specialize in stealth.

Batman would obviously take lead in this fight. Knowing that we would be found if we went out of cover straight up the stairs, we would take the stealth route up.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/GaryouTensei/Batgirl%20Respect%20Thread/Batgirl24pg09.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/GaryouTensei/Batgirl%20Respect%20Thread/Batgirl019-10.jpg

Now, if Nobody decides to try to fight us before we enter up, our guys are trained in fighting in total darkness. We can anticipate the opponents movements before they even make them (Cass & Connor).

photo JLA_015_pg18.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/GaryouTensei/Batgirl%20Respect%20Thread/Batgirl0402.jpg

If we make it up without being unnoticed, then we simply take on your guys h2h.

Now wait a minute, your probably thinking "What if you don't get up unnoticed? I can snipe you!"

#12 Posted by sync1 (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to add that the team has infrared vision, as well.

#13 Posted by i_like_swords (14309 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1 @joeagentofhand1 There's a new rule I should of included before.

Characters know the names of who they are fighting when the fight starts. They don't where they are. They just know that they have to defeat those people

#14 Posted by sync1 (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1 @joeagentofhand1 There's a new rule I should of included before.

Characters know the names of who they are fighting when the fight starts. They don't where they are. They just know that they have to defeat those people

In this case, our team would still have the edge.

My team all has something they can see in the dark with. We probably wouldn't light the place up because darkness is our specialty.

Connor Hawke, as far as i know of, doesn't have infrared vision/nightvision. Batman can simply lend him a pair as it's apart of his standard gear.

Connor doesn't NEED to, as he is trained to fight in the dark (not saying he's going to take that route.)

photo JLA_015_pg18.jpgphoto JLA_015_pg19.jpg

Anyway, we are going to use the stealth approach. We know that they are in the mall, so obviously we're going to be hiding in the shadows waiting til we see an enemy. Nobody's invisibility is not a factor at all, due to the infrared vision.

We will simply fight and defeat you one by one.

I think we all know i have the superior h2h fighters.

#15 Edited by sync1 (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#16 Posted by i_like_swords (14309 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1 I'm going to give you another 24 hours to respond you sync1, otherwise I open voting early.

#17 Posted by i_like_swords (14309 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio
@sync1 said:

In this case, our team would still have the edge.

My team all has something they can see in the dark with. We probably wouldn't light the place up because darkness is our specialty.

Connor Hawke, as far as i know of, doesn't have infrared vision/nightvision. Batman can simply lend him a pair as it's apart of his standard gear.

Well that isn't how standard gear really works. Batman does not carry around extra pairs of nightvision goggles(unless I have missed something). Just because NoBody has an invisibility suit does my whole team get it? No.

Anyways are the goggles nightvision or infrared, beacuase that makes all the difference.

Anyways, not that matters because Misaka can short circuit it like the original(the difference between the original and the clones is that their electricity is somewhat weaker, but they can do the same things):

note: Misaka Mikoto has done crazier things with technology so shutting down some tech is simple.

Or she can turn on the lights with her powers.

So this leaves your guys somewhat blind, especially to Nobody's attacks:

In the scan above Nobody takes out some punk and a Russian member of Batman Inc. so Ravil(the Russian Batman) is no slouch.

Amadeus can predict various outcomes of any situation, so if a punch comes towards him he can predict the most likely outcome and the one that would suit him best:

Keep in mind Dr. Mid-Nite also has infrared vision.

#19 Posted by sync1 (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that isn't how standard gear really works. Batman does not carry around extra pairs of nightvision goggles(unless I have missed something). Just because NoBody has an invisibility suit does my whole team get it? No.

Anyways are the goggles nightvision or infrared, beacuase that makes all the difference.

Anyways, not that matters because Misaka can short circuit it like the original(the difference between the original and the clones is that their electricity is somewhat weaker, but they can do the same things):

note: Misaka Mikoto has done crazier things with technology so shutting down some tech is simple.

Or she can turn on the lights with her powers.

So this leaves your guys somewhat blind, especially to Nobody's attacks:

In the scan above Nobody takes out some punk and a Russian member of Batman Inc. so Ravil(the Russian Batman) is no slouch.

Amadeus can predict various outcomes of any situation, so if a punch comes towards him he can predict the most likely outcome and the one that would suit him best:

Keep in mind Dr. Mid-Nite also has infrared vision.

@joeagentofhand1

I believe in the dark knight series, Batman had NVG's with heat signature as standard equipment. Batman even carries around an infrared flashlight.

Anyway, you have not stated how exactly your team is going to attack ours.

We are masters of stealth, and have the edge in this battlefield for the first 20 minutes. We should be able to pick you guys off one by one unless you travel in groups. Even if you turn on the lights, we still have ranged advantage over you guys.

photo GreenArrow117-20.jpgphoto GreenArrow117-21.jpg

This shows Connor shooting an arrow to stop a detonator from a long distance WHILE being tackled. This shows his great concentration and ability to exclude the world around him; so the loud noise/sprinklers aren't going to effect him.

#20 Posted by sync1 (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1

Also, our team can light the place up via flare arrows, flashlights, etc.

Azrael has also defeated Batman. He should be able to take Nobody down. I personally think the threat is Armadeus; but right now i'm going to say Cassandra Cain can defeat him. I haven't really seen any physical feats on his part.

#21 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1: Okay dokay seeing as how Mid-Nite has the infrared vision he should find your team and do this:

This will blind your whole team. The human takes a few a seconds to adjust to light change especially if it is a quick, bright flash. I am assuming this will take place in the first 20 minutes. With your team blind Misaka can use an electrical blast which either knock out of paralyze your entire team:

to make sure you don't she has bad control of her powers(which she doesn't), she was fighting Accelerator who can control the vectors of things or to simply put he can control the gravity and movements of things near him.

If doesn't not take out your whole team(which it should), NoBody can pick off the survivors while invisible. He has been able to sneak up on Bruce and Damian before and has followed them around Gotham without notice:

#22 Edited by sync1 (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1

Well how far is that laser?

Also, do you realize our team can see Mid Nite as well? I don't think he's going to tag us with that laser before either Batman puts a batarang in that laser or Connor does.

We have incredible speed/reaction time:

It'll probably be Connor to get rid of the laser. Here's Connor jumping over a moving vehicle while dodging bullets and successfully putting arrows into the people in the car:

photo GreenArrow120-16.jpg

So the laser is out of the picture.

EDIT: Also this:

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af203/atlien03/Comicbook%20scans/GreenArrow114-17.jpg

Now, the girl and her electricity. Is that allowed

@i_like_swords

#23 Posted by i_like_swords (14309 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1: You still have no defense for an invisible Nobody or Misaka's electricity, even if your guys can stop the whole laser trick.

#25 Posted by sync1 (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1

Well in that case, we should be able to tag her before she "explodes." I'm sure tagging her with an arrow will throw off her concentration and she wouldn't be able to use it.

I'm just going to point out, i don't think the electricity will take down Azrael. He was able to take a 100 pound semtex point blank with minimal injury:

http://imageshack.us/a/img156/6519/durability5od6.jpg

#26 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1: Well I doubt it, in the scan I should you Accelerator bounced back her bullets hitting her. She was still able to use he electricity. also Dr. Mid-Nite's laser thing was able to hit Hawkgirl who is as fast if not faster than anybody on your team:

#27 Edited by sync1 (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1: Well I doubt it, in the scan I should you Accelerator bounced back her bullets hitting her. She was still able to use he electricity. also Dr. Mid-Nite's laser thing was able to hit Hawkgirl who is as fast if not faster than anybody on your team:

Now we're getting a little bit carried away from the fact that Batman is a stealth master. Midnite is not going to get the first hit, therefore we're not going to be in this situation. All because you have infrared doesn't mean you're going to be able to find him first.

You're implying that Dr. Midnite is going to be traveling alone because of the infrared. That is a big mistake.

Here is Batman using stealth to incapacitate:

And let's say Batman gets spotted?:

Here's him getting away from Jay Garrick:

Now we move on to eliminating the rest of your group on by one.

This is pretty much Batman's turf.

#28 Edited by sync1 (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1

As for the laser, Hawkgirl hasn't really shown any acrobatic/agility feats up to par with anyone on our team. I don't recall her dodging anything using acrobatics.

That scan you showed me didn't really prove anything/showcasing her attempting to get out of the way.

My team can dodge sniper bullets point blank using acrobatic ability/speed. Connor can dodge it and put 3 arrows into you before he comes back to the ground. Much more impressive showings than Hawkgirl.