#1 Edited by i_like_swords (7646 posts) - - Show Bio

i_like_swords Street Level Tourney - Round 1 - The Battle

The Battle

Alright, get ready for Round 1. Here we establish what teams are the most able to adapt and overcome.

Please avoid commenting on the battle or either persons team until debating ends, as it may affect the outcome of the battle.

Setting:

- The fight will take place inside the New York Museum of Natural History

- Teams will both start on the second floor in separate sections of the museum. From there they have access to a stairway down to the first floor. Alternatively they can enter the main hall, which can be looked down upon from the second floor and has a large central staircase leading up to the second floor.

- The battle will take place 20 minutes before sunrise.

-During the first 20 minutes of the battle the fire alarm will be activated, meaning sprinklers will have covered every area of the museum (apart from the main hall) in water and will continue to do so for 20 minutes.

- For 5 minutes at the start the fire alarm itself will be going off, which is moderately loud, making it a bit more difficult to communicate with your team. The alarm won't be nearly as loud in the main hall.

-The lights will be out for the first 20 minutes, so it won't be total darkness, but a normal human won't be able to see clearly.

- After the first 20 minutes are up the sprinklers will stop, and the sun will rise. The lights in the museum will come back on.

- However, in a freak twist of events, a blizzard has invaded New York, and the glass roof above the main hall is smashed in and snow is landing everywhere. Snow will be present in the main wall 4 inches deep, 3 inches deep everywhere on the first floor, and 1 inch deep on the second floor. Aside from that, expect what you would normally get in a museum of history.

Teams

dccomicsrule2011 - Raki, Clare, Miata, Clarice.. Aka the Claymore Crew!

VS

ThatGuyWithHeadPhones - Guts, Sasori, Morgiana, Captain America (Bucky)

• No prep will be available for this match.
  • Your teams neutrally start in their own sections of the museum
  • They will all be in character
  • This fight is to KO/Death depending on each character
  • You may not leave the museum
  • Characters who know each other have all their knowledge of that character, as well as their disposition towards them
  • Characters know the names of who they are fighting when the fight starts. They don't where they are. They just know that they have to defeat those people
  • The winner may claim to items of gear from the characters of their opponent. No armor.

With that, you may begin. I will alert the judges when voting is to begin.

#2 Posted by i_like_swords (7646 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7792 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21278 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7792 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Vaeternus (8326 posts) - - Show Bio

I will vote once the debate really starts, i always learn something from these topics.

#7 Edited by i_like_swords (7646 posts) - - Show Bio

I will vote once the debate really starts, i always learn something from these topics.

I have picked set judges, but when debating ends feel free to give your opinion.

#8 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (21278 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones: ????? I can't really build a case against your guys because I know nothing about Guts or Morgiana.

#9 Posted by Theorder14 (1143 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: ya haven't read berserk? it's pretty awesome with its amazing art

#10 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (21278 posts) - - Show Bio

@theorder14: lol nope, I heard great things about the series, but I never got around to reading it.

#11 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7792 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011:

Gets and Morigiana Overview

Gut: is a warrior that relies on speed,stength gear and most of all skill.Guts strength is probably just above that of Captain America and speed and agility close to that of Peter Parker.

As you can note Guts is a tall man with an semi-large build. His gear includes, Steel Armor, Mechanical Arm that is capable shooting a mini canon ball that could even blast away people with superhuman invulnerability, A arrow launcher he can mount on said arm,several throwing knives (which his is EXTREMELY ACCURATE AT THROWING),and small mini bombs he can use for explosions and or distractions, now last BUT FAR FROM LEAST his DragonSlayer.

The Dragon Slayer is a incredibilty large and wide sword that could easily cut though reinforced steel armor in Guts hands.

^ Above shows Guts before his 1 year of Training and 3 year war against Demon now he so he even more then this now.

Morigana

As For Her

She Can Jump High and Kick Hard

#12 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7792 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Now that I've Familiarized you with the characters should I start my starting Arguments (would have started it yesterday but Had to visit brother at the hospital.

#13 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (21278 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by i_like_swords (7646 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: @thatguywithheadphones: Just to clear this up there is a new rule that should have been included at the start. Nonetheless here it is.

Characters know the names of who they are fighting when the fight starts. They don't where they are. They just know that they have to defeat those people.

#15 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7792 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011

Alright

Now considering the place where our teams start are completely visible to each other your team will be easy to spot. Now my team will huddle up, as to negate the effect of the ringing they;ll come up with a very quick plan that will take like 1 min to come up with.

The Plan

After the quick huddle Mori,Guts and Bucky will ease down stair but won't directly go into the main Hall. Sasori though will stay and summon the 3rd Kazekage. and use the summon arm technique/w poison

this will either poison your team OR make them rush down to the main hall.

Now Assuming you have a argument against the Poison move I'll Continue.

Now once your team make it to the main hall that when my team comes out of the stair and attacks. I'll have Bucky Attack Raki,Guts Attack Clare while Sasori,while Still on the starting post, will use his puppet and Morgiana to attack the Mother Daughter Duo.

Battle

Bucy v. Raki will be Buck's win since Bucky has too many edges against Raki

1.Bucky being a former assassin should be pretty good in the dark while Raki being just well trained Human still might suffer from the kinda dark but not that much

2. Since this is Capt. Bucky gear will probably be the deciding factor since he had

Sleeping gas,Capt. Shield which he can using for melee, protection, and distance attacking. He even uses gun which he's a crack shot at using.Plus arm that could release electric charges that also packs a punch.

he last 2 are backwords

Raki would lose.

Now Gut. V Clare will probably be close but since this is pre Quick sword she'll lose.

All of Guts fights for the past 3 year mostly been at night so the dark won't really matter to him

Now Gut start the fight off by using throwing knife which he is quite accurate at throwing them

Notice Here when the men ran and leaped toward Guts,but while he was still in movement Guts easily throws his knives accurately so that each on landed in his eyes and mouth.

Clare should be able to doge this,but what if Guts used the knife as a distraction and while she dodging the Knife an arrows he come up on her with his DragonSlayer,even without the DS Guts could cut though with well armored men like they were nothing.

Before the DS

• 1:00-1:07 Right as the spears had all touch each other Guts had already jumped and killed one of the spearsmen
  • 2:07-2:10 Samson's giant mace had easily destroyed a Tree and small boulder Skip to 2:27 and not only does Guts easily reflect it but he doing so while protecting Caska and while already injured.
  • 3:51 One Swing and he completely destroyed the steel mace
  • 4:04 Not only does Guts cut though the think metal shield,at also cut though the mans helmet
  • 4:57-5:29 Guts easily cutting though several well armed/armored men with one slash each
  • 5:40-5:46 Guts doges a barrage of arrows(not bullet I know but still)
  • 6:15-8:12 While Critically Injured he continues to easily dodge and One shop the fully armored men Killing 100 of them

W/Ds

With his blade+ skill Guts can pull off things like

1-3 Guts with 2 swipes of his sword kills several horses and men

1-7 Guts Kill over a dozen men and even easily break thick axe and armor

Also he could use the shown to be able to use the sword like a shield

here Guts is using his sword to help shield against sonic speed blitzing

Now what if Clare uses her speed an agility, Guts will be able to counter this with his battle wits.Best Example of this

Guts using his wits,reflexes and minor equipment to beat a bluring fast opponent. He lets him get close for an a attack and reverses it on it if he does this to Clare he'll win

Now

Mori +Sori vs. Miata + Clarice.

Well on this video

It basically shows every thing that shes done.

Now let go some

• 2:23- 2:34 - She leap thought high hills and down in to a deep ditch with no care
  • 2:40- 3:19 easily beat sever arm men and quickly sett a barrage of punches,kick,and jumps on them.
  • 3:40-3:45 Jump at a high length and land so hard it break the metal shackles.
  • 4:13- 4:33 Completely destroy several large saber tooth tigers with out a sweat
  • 5:56 - 7:06 Now here she is seen kicking her way thought several monkey men who could regenerate if one was alive so to beat them she builds up speed and kick and building down on them all.
  • 9:35- stops the ''bear'' punch despite it being 4x's her sizes then unleashes a incredible fast combo on the ''bear''
  • 10:52- 11:15 Uses her unbreakable chains on a large monster to keep it together then activated Ammon's power to set it ablaze. But using the fire hurts her really bad.

Now add her fighter capabilities along with Sasori KazeKage Puppet think like

Creating Iron Bullets

Making Sand construts around them

He can also use these techs. to assist his other partner making there making fight easier

and if the situation he's enter the fray him self.

#16 Posted by dondave (26660 posts) - - Show Bio

This is looking good

#17 Posted by i_like_swords (7646 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7792 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: @i_like_swords: This really will just change the beginning of my plan, Mori Could just release a her sonar yell to locate the team

An now it's even more easier to attack with Sasori because now it's a surprise.

#19 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7792 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

Teresa of the Faint Smile walks into the museum and slaughters both teams effortlessly :)

#21 Posted by i_like_swords (7646 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21278 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 you need to reply soon otherwise I'll put it to votes early.

I'm going to reply in a bit, I'm currently gathering scans,sit tight =)

#23 Edited by i_like_swords (7646 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (21278 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

Teresa of the Faint Smile walks into the museum and slaughters both teams effortlessly :)

Hey get out of here! Before I call Priscilla on you =D

#25 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (21278 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones:

Okay my plan is simple,they are going to stick close together,while Miata used her six sense to find you team just like she did when she seek out Galatea:

Sasori's poison would be useless vs Claymore's because there body breaks down toxins as explained by Clare:

I pretty much like the match ups you presented so I'm going to go with it.

@thatguywithheadphones:said

Bucy v. Raki will be Buck's win since Bucky has too many edges against Raki

1.Bucky being a former assassin should be pretty good in the dark while Raki being just well trained Human still might suffer from the kinda dark but not that much

That's good but Raki was trained by the Silver King Isley himself,said King is widely considered to be one of the most powerful Claymore's of all time,so I doubt Bucky being an assassin would give him the edge over Raki.

2. Since this is Capt. Bucky gear will probably be the deciding factor since he had

Sleeping gas,

That would be effective but it's nothing Raki can't deal with.

Capt. Shield which he can using for melee, protection, and distance attacking.

Now that will come in handy,but Raki can still pull it off

He even uses gun which he's a crack shot at using.

Via feats Raki is a bullet timer ,he should have no problem dodging Bucky range seeing as how he has blitzed Yoma in the past:

Plus arm that could release electric charges that also packs a punch.

That's good Raki has countered/parried tendrils that causally putting massive hole through solid concrete:

I would also say Raki is faster then he has been able to take on two train Claymore's simultaneously:

He has also fought multiple of the Orginization men simultaneously while showing great reaction and combat sped in the process:

Raki would lose.

He probably would but he would hold his own long enough for back up to arrive.

Now Gut. V Clare will probably be close but since this is pre Quick sword she'll lose.

Well see about that.

All of Guts fights for the past 3 year mostly been at night so the dark won't really matter to him

The dark won't matter to Clare either,she is a trained warrior with senses that are far superior to normal humans.

Now Gut start the fight off by using throwing knife which he is quite accurate at throwing them

Notice Here when the men ran and leaped toward Guts,but while he was still in movement Guts easily throws his knives accurately so that each on landed in his eyes and mouth.

Clare can easily catch Guts knives the same way she caught knives here:

Before the DS

• 1:00-1:07 Right as the spears had all touch each other Guts had already jumped and killed one of the spearsmen
  • 2:07-2:10 Samson's giant mace had easily destroyed a Tree and small boulder Skip to 2:27 and not only does Guts easily reflect it but he doing so while protecting Caska and while already injured.
  • 3:51 One Swing and he completely destroyed the steel mace
  • 4:04 Not only does Guts cut though the think metal shield,at also cut though the mans helmet
  • 4:57-5:29 Guts easily cutting though several well armed/armored men with one slash each
  • 5:40-5:46 Guts doges a barrage of arrows(not bullet I know but still)
  • 6:15-8:12 While Critically Injured he continues to easily dodge and One shop the fully armored men Killing 100 of them

The Video is not working =(

It seems like to be Clare is faster then Guts is,his best speed feats to me seems to be dodging a barrage of arrows,Clare has been able to escape a AOTE by an Awakened Being:

She has been able to Blitz Yoma and even disappear from there eyes:

She has fought so fast that she did not even get wet while in a thunder storm:

Notice soon as soon as they stop fighting you see the effects of the rain but before then you couldn't.

Damn something just came up I got to go but I will get to this later =P

#26 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7792 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7792 posts) - - Show Bio

Clare can easily catch Guts knives the same way she caught knives here:

That's the point while she catiching the knives Gut is comming in with the DragonSlayer.

It seems like to be Clare is faster then Guts is,his best speed feats to me seems to be dodging a barrage of arrows,Clare has been able to escape a AOTE by an Awakened Being:

Nah Guts has done far more then just dodging arrows,he was doing that at 12 now he can:

These ring kills this guy before he even realized it

Guts,while in the dark, waits to the rings are right be his eye and mouth and catch them with extreme ease.

Guts can dodge these speed rope that are Faster than Lightning(Yes that is obviously a hyperbole) but the are considerably fast.

he even kept up with sonic speed

• 2.Durability-Though out the duration of the fight Guts was being thrown around,but once catching himself and landing on his feet but he continue to fight and win.
  • 3 IRC you;d notice guts powerful tactional knowledge. was really the decider of the fight.

So even if Clare even is faster then Guts his fight know how would help secure his win.

#28 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (21278 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones: Now to finish were I last left off:

Well on this video

It basically shows every thing that shes done.

Now let go some

• 2:23- 2:34 - She leap thought high hills and down in to a deep ditch with no care
  • 2:40- 3:19 easily beat sever arm men and quickly sett a barrage of punches,kick,and jumps on them.
  • 3:40-3:45 Jump at a high length and land so hard it break the metal shackles.
  • 4:13- 4:33 Completely destroy several large saber tooth tigers with out a sweat
  • 5:56 - 7:06 Now here she is seen kicking her way thought several monkey men who could regenerate if one was alive so to beat them she builds up speed and kick and building down on them all.
  • 9:35- stops the ''bear'' punch despite it being 4x's her sizes then unleashes a incredible fast combo on the ''bear''
  • 10:52- 11:15 Uses her unbreakable chains on a large monster to keep it together then activated Ammon's power to set it ablaze. But using the fire hurts her really bad.

Now add her fighter capabilities along with Sasori KazeKage Puppet think like

Creating Iron Bullets

Making Sand constructs around them

He can also use these techs. to assist his other partner making there making fight easier

and if the situation he's enter the fray him self.

Sasori and Morrigina are formidable,but I think Clarice can hold Morrigina while Miata beats Sasori:

Miata is strong to tear through Yoma flesh like paper:

It worth noting that a Yoma's stats is far superior to a humans.

Miata is probably a great deal faster then your Sasori or Morrigina and thinks to her "six sense" she can read attacks before they happen:

Not to mention she has been able to several blurring after images with her blade:

She has also been able to dodge attacks from a former number 2 awaken,while the entire time,she is fixated on fighting Galitea:

She has also been able to blitz a off guard Clarice:

She can also toss her sword with perfect accuracy:

Here she compleatly overwhelms and awaken being with speed alone:

Jumping many meters in the air to hide atop a large building:

She also has insane regeneration, look how she regenerate her hands that was amputated by an Awakened being:

Here she single handily destroys and Awakened Being (need I remind you that Awaken Being are far more powerful then normal Yoma and there Physical stats are far above those of humans:

Here she is getting knocked by an hit so strong it hits her through a concrete wall and she show little damage:

Miata shows her monster strength by being able to cut through solid brick with her blows:

If I remember correctly the thing that really made Sassori deadly was poison,since poison is useless against Claymore's I see him and Morrigina going down against the combination.

Feats for Clarice:

here she is able to make an after image with her blade and cut through a solid brick wall,showing strength and speed:

Takes out a Yoma while moving her sword in blurring speed:

#29 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (21278 posts) - - Show Bio

That's the point while she catiching the knives Gut is comming in with the DragonSlayer.

But Clare still would not be defenseless,Clare has been able to fight and block at the same time before so I fail to see how that would be a problem for her here.

I get it Guts is fast but he is still not faster then Clare,her fighting in a storm without getting wet is better then any speed feat he is sporting.

Now it's time to look at other things besides speed

Here Clare is able to fight while her stomach is impaled by a Yoma's arm:

Here and Yoma basically slings her around like a ragdoll yet she still finishes it off:

Here she strikes the ground so hard she craters the Earth:

Here she react to a Yoma attack while the attack is seemingly inches away showing great reaction speed:

She can even through her sword with precise accuracy:

scans 3-6 also show amazing strength seeing as how she was able to throw her gigantic sword dozens of feat in the air.

Clare would beat Guts more times then not.

#30 Posted by i_like_swords (7646 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7792 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Clare maybe stronger,faster and even heal better then Guts but you know what ? So is everyone else he fight. Almost every non human Guts have face completely dwarf him in Strength,speed or both.

But Guts always win because of his tactical mind and willingness to take a hit. For example

Here Guts is facing an opponent who is far stronger then him and gives him the beating of a life.

Seconds after this Guts

Continues to fight knowing he can't wins and evens his environments and tool to aid him now considering this is a museum Guts could easily use his surronging to aid him

Now what about speed.

Well

Here Guts is shown to even touch base form Rosine. So when she start to enter her demon form,that is sonic in speed Guts start just to rely on instinct and vision and use his wide sword as a shield to block

Also Sasori Iron Sand

will being doing stuff like assissting his teammates while they continues to hold their own.

#32 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21278 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones:

Clare maybe stronger,faster and even heal better then Guts but you know what ? So is everyone else he fight. Almost every non human Guts have face completely dwarf him in Strength,speed or both But Guts always win because of his tactical mind and willingness to take a hit. For example

The things is though Clare is not dumb when it comes to tactical thinking either,she has been able to stand up to an Awakened Being when she was ranked # 47 and was laughed at for being so:

So Guts is in some trouble here I do not see him beating Clare

As for Sasori

Miata would be giving him fits enough his poison is useless against her,she is faster,stronger and more durable then he is and she carrying a nearly unbreakable sword with her he is going down to Miata pretty quick while Clarice takes out Morrigina.

#33 Edited by i_like_swords (7646 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by i_like_swords (7646 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Jokergeist (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll make my decision soon, I've been busy with my party preparations. Lemme read through all this....

#36 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with dccomics. It seems as though Bucky and Ravi and clarice and more iguana or whatever her name is are non factors here which I have to agree with.

So it comes down to miata vs sasori and Clare vs guts

Clare is statistically superior to guts, but as thatguy pointed out guts thinks on his feet a lot -however he didn't really explain how he was going to use this quick thinking, just that the museum had resources. Dc didn't either, but those cancel out and I'm forced to see Clare beat guts.

I can also see miata beating sasori due to the poison ineffectiveness and superior stats.

#37 Edited by dondave (26660 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with dccomics. It seems as though Bucky and Ravi and clarice and more iguana or whatever her name is are non factors here which I have to agree with.

So it comes down to miata vs sasori and Clare vs guts

Clare is statistically superior to guts, but as thatguy pointed out guts thinks on his feet a lot -however he didn't really explain how he was going to use this quick thinking, just that the museum had resources. Dc didn't either, but those cancel out and I'm forced to see Clare beat guts.

I can also see miata beating sasori due to the poison ineffectiveness and superior stats.

This was a very good and long debate but I have to agree with the darlordpandamonium here and vote for @dccomicsrule2011

#38 Posted by Dratini1331 (6412 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man, this is so close. I'm gonna give my vote the @thatguywithheadphones. It's extremely close, but I believe in the sasori-morgiana combo. Sasori makes for an excellent support, and morgiana can take on a claymore, so It's a matter of TGWH's side having more potential versatility. God is it ever close though =|

#39 Posted by i_like_swords (7646 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by i_like_swords (7646 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: The debates too far ahead now but I'm removing Miata's healing factor as it's way above the limits.

#41 Posted by Jokergeist (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm.. I would have liked to see a bit more of strategy here. But I agree that Clare would win against Guts 8/10 times. An extra pinch of battle-planning could've helped @thatguywithheadphones' case, but if we're looking at feats @dccomicsrule2011 presented the most impressive.

Vote goes to @dccomicsrule2011.

#42 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7792 posts) - - Show Bio

Well looks likes i'm out

#43 Posted by i_like_swords (7646 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: 0 style points for not using the epic Clarice/Miata scene from the latest chapter of claymore

#45 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (21278 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: 0 style points for not using the epic Clarice/Miata scene from the latest chapter of claymore

The new chapter is out? =O I never read it yet I'm going to read it today though.