• 66 results
#1 Edited by i_like_swords (14499 posts) - - Show Bio

i_like_swords Street Level Tourney - Round 1 - The Battle

The Battle.

Alright, get ready for Round 1. Here we establish what teams are the most able to adapt and overcome.

Please avoid commenting on the battle or either persons team until debating ends, as it may affect the outcome of the battle.

Setting:

- The fight will take place inside the New York Museum of Natural History

- Teams will both start on the second floor in separate sections of the museum. From there they have access to a stairway down to the first floor. Alternatively they can enter the main hall, which can be looked down upon from the second floor and has a large central staircase leading up to the second floor.

- The battle will take place 20 minutes before sunrise.

-During the first 20 minutes of the battle the fire alarm will be activated, meaning sprinklers will have covered every area of the museum (apart from the main hall) in water and will continue to do so for 20 minutes.

- For 5 minutes at the start the fire alarm itself will be going off, which is moderately loud, making it a bit more difficult to communicate with your team. The alarm won't be nearly as loud in the main hall.

-The lights will be out for the first 20 minutes, so it won't be total darkness, but a normal human won't be able to see clearly.

- After the first 20 minutes are up the sprinklers will stop, and the sun will rise. The lights in the museum will come back on.

- However, in a freak twist of events, a blizzard has invaded New York, and the glass roof above the main hall is smashed in and snow is landing everywhere. Snow will be present in the main wall 4 inches deep, 3 inches deep everywhere on the first floor, and 1 inch deep on the second floor. Aside from that, expect what you would normally get in a museum of history.

Teams:

captaindoeo - Punisher, Mysterio (No teleport), UDON Taskmaster, Mordecai (With Bloodwing)

VS

docnick - Deathstroke, Red Skull (Steve Rogers Clone Body), Deadshot, Bullseye

• No prep will be available for this match
  • Your teams neutrally start in their own sections of the museum
  • They will all be in character
  • This fight is to KO/Death depending on each character
  • Characters who know each other have all their knowledge of that character, as well as their disposition towards them
  • Characters know the names of who they are fighting when the fight starts. They don't where they are. They just know that they have to defeat those people
  • You may not leave the museum
  • The winner may claim two items of gear from the character of their opponent. No armor.

With that, you may begin. I will alert the judges when voting is to begin.

#2 Posted by i_like_swords (14499 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, here we go.

Here we have my best buddy in the world, Mysterio, who will help me gain a great victory. From the beginning of this match, Mysterio will hypnotize Punisher, Taskmaster, Mordecai, and his loyal pet Bloodwing to do his bidding to the fullest extent. They will no longer be afraid, they will not fight amongst each other, and they will not question Mysterio. My team will then go to the up stairs right corner. Taskmaster will use his Longbow, as Mordecai and Punisher begin sniping. Bloodwing during this time will make circles around the museum, and claw at the eyes of everyone he sees, blinding them. Mysterio will use his sonar tracker to keep guard and notify everyone if someone gets to close. He will begin filling the main room with hypno gas and tear gas, each time the room begins to run out of gas, he will fill it again. After at least one man has been taken down, Taskmaster will use his Image Inducer to hop down and take his place. Fighting amongst your terrorfied comrades, he will then proceed to chop of the head of any member who seem to be the leader. At that point, Mordecai will use an Explosive Longbow grenade, to blow up any cover your team may have. Then between Taskmaster fighting upclose, as my two snipers take shots at you, your team will fall.

#4 Posted by Xaa (313 posts) - - Show Bio

Goes to grab popcorn :-)

#5 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, here we go.

Here we have my best buddy in the world, Mysterio, who will help me gain a great victory. From the beginning of this match, Mysterio will hypnotize Punisher, Taskmaster, Mordecai, and his loyal pet Bloodwing to do his bidding to the fullest extent. They will no longer be afraid, they will not fight amongst each other, and they will not question Mysterio. My team will then go to the up stairs right corner. Taskmaster will use his Longbow, as Mordecai and Punisher begin sniping. Bloodwing during this time will make circles around the museum, and claw at the eyes of everyone he sees, blinding them. Mysterio will use his sonar tracker to keep guard and notify everyone if someone gets to close. He will begin filling the main room with hypno gas and tear gas, each time the room begins to run out of gas, he will fill it again. After at least one man has been taken down, Taskmaster will use his Image Inducer to hop down and take his place. Fighting amongst your terrorfied comrades, he will then proceed to chop of the head of any member who seem to be the leader. At that point, Mordecai will use an Explosive Longbow grenade, to blow up any cover your team may have. Then between Taskmaster fighting upclose, as my two snipers take shots at you, your team will fall.

Right.

Let's see scans and feats of Mysterio using his gases. You've made the worst decision possible.

Mysterio's a joke that can't beat Spiderman on his worst day. You've just made Mysterio the only rational and competent person on your team. Which is an overstatement.

Firstly, what's a bloodwing?

secondly, I win this match without having to do anything.

You claim to hypnotise the rest of your team, which is fine. If you didn't forget one tiny, little itty bitty detail.

Punisher, can't be controlled. And I believe that Team mechanics had a rule here, correct?

• Characters who know each other have all their knowledge of that character, as well as their disposition towards them

Ah. yes. Here it is.

There's just absolutely no way you're going to be doing it. Psychics have tried, even psychics that had it work on Spider man (You know, the guy that can just about waltz through Mysterio's traps and mind games and not flinch?

here's Punisher fooling a Psychics' telepathy.

Here he manages to disobey and completely "Tank" a psychic's will

And here, Punisher manages to see through hypnosis and drugs, and even tries breaking free of all his restraints.

That's it. Punisher breaks from from Mysterio's Mind control, and proceeds to wreck your entire team by himself. You set him up with alot of fire power, and even a way to snipe your own team.

Punisher doesn't have remorse for killers. He hates villains, and he knows Mysterio is one.

But just to get it to you, I'll use Deathstroke too.

Punisher knows next to nothing about Deathstroke. Deathstroke knows everything about Punisher, via Bullseye. Oh yeah, we'll know how to plan this because Of Bullseye and red Skull. They know Castle too well, and know he wouldn't team with Mysterio.

We just wait until Punisher breaks free from Mind Control, and wastes your team.

Afterwards, we have Punisher by himself, and Deathstroke stomps Castle.

Deathstroke won't be affected by the Drugs. In TITANS #33 and 34, he resists Cheshire's Drugs because his Regeneration factor overcame them.

Here's Deathstroke feats that will put Castle to shame.

Here he has enough fire power to take down a copter

Then absolutely destroys and stomps all over Nightwing.

Checkmate

#6 Posted by i_like_swords (14499 posts) - - Show Bio

@captaindoeo: @rogues: I'd like to clear this up for you guys. I shouldn't have left it out but I'm now correcting it. New ruling.

"Characters know the names of who they are fighting when the fight starts. They don't where they are. They just know that they have to defeat those people" Bare this in mind guys.

#7 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Makes no difference.

Means he'll actually try fighting Deathstroke.

He'll still die a swift and horrible death.

Deathstroke is too much for Castle. in Both skill and physical stats.

#8 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Meanwhile, theres no difference in my team's morale.

Red Skull is their rich boss, willing to buy mercanaries as he pleases.

Deathstroke, Bullseye and Deadshot are more than happy to be killers for hire.

#9 Edited by i_like_swords (14499 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogues: Delete your posts please. I asked above that nobody comments on the battle or the teams until voting starts.

Edit: Wait a minute... oh hey docnick, lol.

#10 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, It's me bro.

#11 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Nickthedevil=Docnick=Rogues.

Same person, same account, just different usernames.

#12 Posted by i_like_swords (14499 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogues: Yeah I just realized after I posted haha.

#13 Edited by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#14 Posted by i_like_swords (14499 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#16 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

*Achoo!*

#17 Posted by i_like_swords (14499 posts) - - Show Bio

@captaindoeo: It's coming up for 2 days since your last post... I'll remind you again by the end of the third day without a post, but if you don't post I may have to open voting early.

#18 Edited by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogues: @i_like_swords: @jokergeist: Sorry, guys. My grandfather died this Wednesday, so I've been really busy. I can probably post tomorrow. Is that okay?

Just to clarify this is my team's equipment.

Mordecai:

Atlas Cyclops 

Atlas Chimera

Atlas Omega

Corrosive artifact

Explosive Longbow grenade

Punisher:

Thermal Barrett 50 Caliber

Gasmask

MP5K

Combat knife and desert eagle

Standard armor

Taskmaster:

SHIELD Weapons Generator

Image Inducer

Longbow

Broadsword and Shield

Mysterio:

Standard suit

His gases 

Sonar radar

I'll start this off by saying, no need to be so rude and arrogant. You know nothing of Mordecai, and downrating Mysterio like that is immature and childish, and disregarding Taskmaster entirely is funny. 

Also, Bloodwing is a badass alien bird of prey, that has corrosive capabilities. He is used as a sniping assistant by Mordecai, and his companion. 

Now, let me just poke some holes in your argument.

First and foremost, you're only argument of defeating my team is hoping that Punisher will turn on my team. Punisher has teamed up with villains to take down other villains before. (Granted, he kills the villains/beats the crap out of them, but he will still go after the team OF BAD GUYS first. Especially if all he has to do is team up with "trash" like Mysterio.)

So, I can give you that. Mysterio doesn't even need to hypnotize anyone. 

Second, you don't know anything of Mordecai, but think he gets stomped, that makes me laugh. I'll post feats tomorrow. However, your team has no way to hurt him. His shield is bullet resistant, and takes a lot of damage. And he and Punisher headshot Bullseye and Red Skull with ease, btw. 

Mysterio gas could still simply disorient you. 

Your main argument is my own teammate. LOL. 

Ignoring the hypnotize my team, it still works. Mysterio uses his 3D Projector to create a wandering Punisher, and your team gets sniped. While that goes on, tear gas fills the room as Taskmaster goes in disguise, silently killing Deathstroke and anyone alive.

So, my argument:

Snipers shoot you.

Mysterio disorients you.

Bloodwing eats at your faces and blinds you.

Taskmaster goes double agent and kills your team.

Your argument: 

Punisher will kill, instead of the team of villains, the 1 villain and the kinda bad guy. 

Deathstroke is cool.

See where your argument lacks?

Note I'm tired and exhausted so I will probably rewrite or revise all this tomorrow.

Here's how I see it going down.

Mordecai lets Bloodwing lose to scout out and find each member of your team. He finds them and reveals each of their positions to Mordecai, who by this time is in a perch in the right corner of the picture, with the rest of his team. Mysterio will go invisible as he activate his sonar and his 3D Projector to create a Punisher. Bullseye having a past with Punisher will go for the kill, revealing his position. Between each of these snipers, he will fall quick, and hard. Once your team fills the main room, Bloodwing will help Mysterio in filling the room with standard smoke gas. He will begin use his dives to attack and melt the armor off Deadshot and Deathstroke. Deadshot will try and shoot Mordecai, the main sniper, who will he unharmed because of his shield. He and Punisher will then blows his brains out. Taskmaster will jump down and take Deadshot's form. He will sneak behind Red Skull and silently execute him. Deathstroke will then be overwhelmed and force to retreat. The last thing he will see, is the glare of Mordecai's scope, and the last thing he'll hear, "Don't run.. You'll only die tired." followed by the screech of a bird.

Checkmate.

#19 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would Punisher immediately go for joining up with Mysterio when all he knows is that he's fighting a team? What sense does that make? In Civil War he didn't ask questions or think about zilch.

He completely obliterated Jack 'O Lantern and his buddies on sight.

Frank Castle is so amazingly stubborn and close minded in his ways, you are your own argument.

Besides that, you have no real leadership material on your team. Besides punisher. And you set him up as a Sniper. Your team will have infighting from the get go. You can't just ignore that fact. Show me feats of Mordecai, Blood wing's capabilities. Until then, empty words.

And issue numbers of Castle teaming with villains please.

#20 Edited by i_like_swords (14499 posts) - - Show Bio

@captaindoeo: I'm sorry to hear that man. I won't be too tough on you about timing. You have close to a week anyway so you should be fine.

#21 Posted by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: @rogues: i should be able to post later tonight. Everything is still crazy with the funeral.

#22 Edited by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogues: Alright, I'll before I counter each of your arguments, here's a bit about Mordecai and Bloodwing and some of their feats.

At the age of 17, Mordecai won an Interplanetary Sharpshooting competition with a revolver. The other competitors, who were using sniper rifles, accused him of cheating and eventually got him banned from the competition for "unsportsmanlike conduct," although many witnesses noted that he didn't display any unsportsmanlike behaviors until after the accusations began. He now travels from planet to planet with his trusty companion Bloodwing, searching for "everything this freaking universe owes me," which Mordecai has defined as a better gun and unlimited cash. So after that, Mordecai decided to become a Vault Hunter on the planet Pandora. Now, I bet you are asking what the heck is Vault Hunter and what is Pandora, well on the incredibly hostile planet Pandora, there is a legendary and widely thought as a myth, vault said to contain all man's desires. Advanced technology, fame, power, wealth, women, etc. The day Mordecai arrived on Pandora, he was spoken to by a Guardian Angel who guided him were to go and how to go about his quest. After eventually tracking down the Vault he discovers that the Vault is actually a prison containing a monster that is stated to be capable of consuming civilizations. He with his team eventually defeat it. He goes about decimating evil war lords, defeating zombies, and surviving a 1000000 dollar bounty on his head. He goes on to help found the Crimson Raiders and leading an entire rebellion against Handsome Jack. So, I don't necessarily even need Castle as a leader or a fighter.

"Why would Punisher immediately go for joining up with Mysterio when all he knows is that he's fighting a team? What sense does that make? In Civil War he didn't ask questions or think about zilch."

Taken from OP. 'Characters know the names of who they are fighting when the fight starts. They don't where they are. They just know that they have to defeat those people.' Punisher isn't a dumb dog that'd mindlessly shoot down a Mysterio that wants to team up when he knows Red Skull AND Bullseye are near, I'll give you that Punisher will try and kill Mysterio afterwards, but Punisher isn't dumb enough to think he could take on Red Skull and Bullseye with two other guys named Deadshot and Deathstroke at the same time. C'mon now.

"He completely obliterated Jack 'O Lantern and his buddies on sight."

Okay, so you hate on Mysterio and says that he is garbage, but try and use a character like Jack O Lantern as a feat? Really?

"Frank Castle is so amazingly stubborn and close minded in his ways, you are your own argument."

Humorlessly enough, that's your only argument. Besides, Taskmaster and Mordecai would rip Punisher a new one, and with the equipment given, it's debatable he takes Mysterio.

"Besides that, you have no real leadership material on your team. Besides punisher. And you set him up as a Sniper. Your team will have infighting from the get go. You can't just ignore that fact. Show me feats of Mordecai, Blood wing's capabilities. Until then, empty words."

Mordecai helped found the Crimson Raiders and lead them after Roland's death and Lilth's abduction. He's not as good of a leader as Punisher, but he's good.

And issue numbers of Castle teaming with villains please.

I know he teamed up with Anti-Venom at least twice, and same with Rhino, don't know any issue numbers with Rhino, sorry. But then again, it's logical that he would. I know he teamed with Anti-Venom during the Anti-Venom Mini-series, and I remember another occasion, let me do some more research and I'll get back to you with that.

You also seem to have things really mixed up, conveniently it's always when it helps you, but at first you say, "Punisher knows next to nothing about Deathstroke. Deathstroke knows everything about Punisher, via Bullseye. Oh yeah, we'll know how to plan this because Of Bullseye and red Skull. They know Castle too well, and know he wouldn't team with Mysterio." but go on and say, Why would Punisher immediately go for joining up with Mysterio when all he knows is that he's fighting a team?

Your argument is illogical, because even if my team has to put Punisher down, which they'd do quickly, it doesn't change the fact that Mysterio's projection still works, he still goes invisible, Mordecai still snipes you, you still don't get through Mordecai's shields,Taskmaster infiltrates and destroys, and your team with the acception of Deathstroke still get hypnotized.

So, please, for the love of TOAA, come up with a better argument.

"Don't run. You'll only die tired."

#23 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, the only arguement I need is that I'm the only one to put up actual scans and issue numbers, while you're working off hypotheticals.

Besides, how are we going to get gassed if the roof of the building is off, and there's a blizzard? Blizzards have a ton of wind. It's going to be dispersed way too quickly.

Not to mention my two top guys,

Deadshot and Deathstroke, are bullet proof?

Added to the fact that they're both also the best marksmen here, besides Bullseye. They aren't getting sniped.

#24 Edited by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogues: Bloodwing melts their armor, buddy. ^-^ he's corrosive, it's what he does.

Also, Mysterio can do a continuous stream of gas. He may run out quickly, but he'll hypnotize Bullseye or Red Skull.

Your team doesn't have the fire power to take down the shield, they'd have to all focus their shots on him, leaving them open for attack.

You wants scans?

Anyways, proof that Frank will work with a villain. (I have more, btw.)

Punisher and Anti-Venom. Read left to right.

Taskmaster vs Spiderman. Read left to right.

Taskmaster takes a bazooka.

Fights Asgardians during Siege.

Catches a bullet.

#25 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot blows apart giant tanks with bullets ^_^ "It's what he does, buddy."

Because Deadshot, a man who shoots down green arrows arrows mid shot, and takes down bullet proof armored giant robots with bullets... Is supposed to be taken by an eagle-dinosaur thing.

You really brought a knife to a gun fight, "buddy".

Deadshot's helmet can hear talk and radio transmissions from miles away. I know exactly what you're up to before hand.

Continuous stream. Cool.

But Red Skull is immune to drugs and gases, as shown by his immunity to his own dust of death. So reaally, you'd only be able to control bullseye. The least of your worry.

And added that the entire roof of the place is gone and theres a blizzard. I don't care how much gas you have, it won't be around long enough to be effective. It'll be dispersed way too quickly.

How powerful is the shield, by the way? Because a couple shots by Deathstroke's blow staff ought to do it.

But it doesn't matter.

My team can shoot yours from far enough away. Before you knew we were there.

#26 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Aso, I read the Anti-venom/ Punisher comic.

Punisher tries killing him throughout the entire comic. He tried killing him first, and keeps trying throughout the comic.

#27 Edited by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot blows apart giant tanks with bullets ^_^ "It's what he does, buddy."

Alright, your turn. Post some scans that show that.

Because Deadshot, a man who shoots down green arrows arrows mid shot, and takes down bullet proof armored giant robots with bullets... Is supposed to be taken by an eagle-dinosaur thing

Bloodwing isn't going to try and take them down. He is taking off their armor. Deadshot destroying robots is irrelevant, and how is he gonna kill a acidic bird that is clawing at his face? He might kill Bloodwing afterwards, but that armor is coming off. Also, if you do kill Bloodwing, it'll put Mordecai into a rage. When Bloodwing was killed, Mordecai single handily killed an entire wave of robots.

Deadshot's helmet can hear talk and radio transmissions from miles away. I know exactly what you're up to before hand.

Again, stop being so selective about the factors. My team can barely hear each other, you aren't gonna be able to hear us.

But Red Skull is immune to drugs and gases, as shown by his immunity to his own dust of death. So reaally, you'd only be able to control bullseye. The least of your worry.

Show scans that say he is immune to gases and drugs, because as I know, that's a lie. You can build up an immunity to near anything if you are exposed to it long enough. Men in real life have grown immune to cobra venom by taking it over years. Red Skull has used it for years

And added that the entire roof of the place is gone and theres a blizzard. I don't care how much gas you have, it won't be around long enough to be effective. It'll be dispersed way too quickly.

It only takes a quick puff to get Bullseye and Red Skull to attack their own teammates and get killed.

How powerful is the shield, by the way? Because a couple shots by Deathstroke's blow staff ought to do it.

Well, it tank a galaxy destroying attack on 1% percent energy left. Kidding. It takes barrages of bullets with ease, plus it has overcharging capabilities. Just rest assured that the blow staff is the only way you could get through it.

What Deathstroke are you using exactly?

My team can shoot yours from far enough away. Before you knew we were there.

Between mist and invisibilty with the cover of a storm, they won't see us.

Also, I read the Anti-venom/ Punisher comic.

Punisher tries killing him throughout the entire comic. He tried killing him first, and keeps trying throughout the comic.

I don't recall that at all. He does try killing Anti-Venom at the end, but I remember them even driving around together. Besides, doesn't effect anything. I even said from the beginning that Punisher wouldn't let Mysterio off the hook or anything. But if he knows he has to fight Bullseye and Red Skull, he will team up. Especially if he also has to fight two others.

SCAN TIME:

Remember that time you said, "Mysterio's a joke that can't beat Spiderman on his worst day." Read left to right.

Show me Deadshot or Deathstroke hitting a shot from 4 miles away.

Sorry, that one messed up, man.

#28 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

I have scans of them making these shots.

But the Liberty Center is closed and i have no access to a computer until Tuesday afternoon.

#29 Posted by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogues: what Deathstroke are you using?

#30 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh... Deathstroke.

#31 Posted by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre 52. But the hell.

I thought we were getting more time.

Any way, I win. All that needs to be done is Deadshot's sniping your entire team, dven relieving of their guns. Bullseye's own shots can be deadlier. We've seen him shoot around and actually ricochet weapons to get behind a shield. Taskmaster's primarily.

Deadshot can snipe your entire team and just be done with it. He knows your locations because his helmet picks up sounds from blocks away. It's shown in Deadshot #1 and #2. He shoots a sniper from across the street, because he heard the click of the trigger.

There's no way your team beats mine. Ever.

We outclass you in skill, armor, Weaponry, Aim, and strategy.

#33 Posted by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: I think we're done here. He isn't gonna post anything slighty useful anymore. All he's done is bash my team member and say that his are good. No strategy or any relevant scans. I'm tired of arguing with him.

@rogues: And yet again, you ignore EVERYTHING.

You're only argument is, "my team is better."

There really isn't anything more to argue, you're deadset on nothing. I have posted scans, and explained things to you again and again. You have yet to explain how Deadshot will be able to hear me over an alarm and blizzard, you have yet to explain how anyone will get over Mordecai shield, and how your team does anything productive. You have YET to give me a single requested scan. And it's silly. I have posted accuracy feats, and your only argument is "my team is still more accurate". It's like arguing with a 5 year old.

Strategy? What strategy? You literally haven't posted a single strategic thing.

Gas=instant kill Red Skull and Bullseye.

Bloodwing=melts the armor off of Deathstroke and Deadshot possibly killing them.

Mordecai, Punisher, and Taskmaster sniping=killing any survivor.

#34 Edited by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

@captaindoeo said:

@i_like_swords: I think we're done here. He isn't gonna post anything slighty useful anymore. All he's done is bash my team member and say that his are good. No strategy or any relevant scans. I'm tired of arguing with him.

@rogues: And yet again, you ignore EVERYTHING.

You're only argument is, "my team is better."

There really isn't anything more to argue, you're deadset on nothing. I have posted scans, and explained things to you again and again. You have yet to explain how Deadshot will be able to hear me over an alarm and blizzard, you have yet to explain how anyone will get over Mordecai shield, and how your team does anything productive. You have YET to give me a single requested scan. And it's silly. I have posted accuracy feats, and your only argument is "my team is still more accurate". It's like arguing with a 5 year old.

Strategy? What strategy? You literally haven't posted a single strategic thing.

Gas=instant kill Red Skull and Bullseye.

Bloodwing=melts the armor off of Deathstroke and Deadshot possibly killing them.

Mordecai, Punisher, and Taskmaster sniping=killing any survivor.

Also, I forgot to show you this gem. This was only one of the many times Punisher tried killing Venom.

No, you misunderstand. I don't need to actually argue with you. You brought a knife to a gunfight.

And calm yourself. You try having to rely on a liberty center for computers. Not easy, man.

especially when my comics are half a world away.

That blood wing thing is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. I can't believe you actually believe that would happen. And you know what? Take and kill Red Skull and Bullseye. The two weakest members of my team for this particular fight. All I need is Deadshot and Deathstroke.

Because he can differentiate?

His bullet proof armor and Rocket:

Here Deadshot proves his reaction speed to be something amazing. Something that will absolutely pick your team apart.

And here he hears the sound of a bullet click and dodges accordingly.

and his armor

He will absolutely pick your team apart by himself. More easily because his helmet allows him multiple vision modes.

Deathstroke:

Here he shows that he doesn't actually need to breathe...

Here he tags Kid Flash

And for the best feat so far...

I might as well just drop the entire building on your team.

In his earlyt appearance he shows some aiming and that his senses are just that enhanced.

Pure skill

#35 Posted by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? You pull those scans for Deathstroke? That is absolute PIS. There's nothing more to debate. From the beginning Deathstroke and Deadshot are the only ones who have a chance and they will get overwhelmed. Hearing through a couple of conversations, is completely different from hearing over an alarm and a blizzard.

His reaction time? So? He tagged a guy, who has little to no feats, from what I know, frok close range? Impressive, yes, but doesn't mean he wins. But whatever, I'm done arguing. If you realistic think that Deathstroke's feats were valid enough to post, then there really isn't much to argue.

#36 Posted by i_like_swords (14499 posts) - - Show Bio

@captaindoeo: @rogues: Rogues you said something about not having time to be on? Not sure what your situation is but since there is one I'll open voting once you guys are happy you've given your fullest argument. Let me know when you're done.

#37 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? You pull those scans for Deathstroke? That is absolute PIS. There's nothing more to debate.

Exactly right.

If you can just call it PIS and not give a reason how or why, then we are, in fact, done here.

From the beginning Deathstroke and Deadshot are the only ones who have a chance and they will get overwhelmed.

I still fail to see how they get overwhelmed. None of your character's shields can withstand their rockets and blast staff. coupled with Deadshot's on accuracy and speed on the draw, you have yet to prove this to be otherwise.

Hearing through a couple of conversations, is completely different from hearing over an alarm and a blizzard.

That's a given. But the same goes for your team. With the power down and blizzard everywhere, you have no one on your team that can see where their going, where to aim, much less walk.

His reaction time? So? He tagged a guy, who has little to no feats, from what I know,

Of course you wouldn't know. Proven the limits of what you know by telling me a bird would even get within a hundred meters of Deadshot or Deathstroke.

I intensely hope you aren't talking about Captain Boomerang two. the man has already proved himself to go hypersonic.

Impressive, yes, but doesn't mean he wins.

Yes it does. You satill have no answer to his being faster than Owen.

But whatever, I'm done arguing. If you realistic think that Deathstroke's feats were valid enough to post, then there really isn't much to argue.

You're done. You have no answers for me.

As for me? I still have more for you.

Trick shots

Explosive rounds

And for your sniping...

#38 Posted by i_like_swords (14499 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by i_like_swords (14499 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogues: Yeah. I'll be posting my vote soon probably. If not in the next 24 hours at least.

#41 Edited by i_like_swords (14499 posts) - - Show Bio

My vote goes to @rogues. Here's why

• He exploited the way Punisher would react to his teammates very well and successfully foiled the hypnotizing strategy
  • He provided sufficient evidence to back up his claims of his teams skill, which was a good enough counter to Caps hypothetical strategy
  • He also managed to counter successfully the fact that because of the blizzard, the gas would be redundant. However, Cap could of countered this by saying the blizzard started 20 minutes in, but since he didn't, that makes this a successful counter
  • I was impressed by the Deadshot scans of his helmets abilities, and I think they greatly aided Rogues' team
  • There were plenty of other useful points made during the debate but I'm not going to sit and list them all

Thanks to both of you for competing.

#42 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's how the fight breaks down.

1) Mysterio brainwashes Taskmaster, Punisher, Mordecai and the bird-creature, sets up some gas, and has Mordecai fly off. (captaindoeo's initial strategy)

2) Punisher breaks free of Mysterio's control. Doesn't appreciate being controlled, but knows he has to work against the more important enemies here. (captaindoeo's counter to Punisher not working well with villains, never responded to)

3) Red Skull and Bullseye apparently instantly go down...some...how. (rogues's concession)

4) Bloodwing attempts to corrode Deadshot's armor, Deadshoot kills him in the face. (rogues's argument. while i would have given this to captaindoeo if he had posted feats of UDON Mordecai or Bloodwing, he didn't -I don't know if Bloodwing's skin is corrosive, or his spit, or what. rogues's counter was basic, but I bought into it.)

5) Sniping fails on Deadshot, works on Deathstroke. (rogues's scans of Deadshot's bullet resistance easily made the case there, but he only said that Deathstroke was bulletproof, and never elaborated on this.)

Now rogues only has Deadshot left, up against Punisher, UDON Mordecai, Mysterio, and Taskmaster.

IN SUMMATION, BAD:

Rogues had no strategy, something pointed out by captaindoeo, preferring to rely on his superior characters.

He conceded Red Skull and Bullseye dying when he could very easily have made a case for them surviving.

Captaindoeo waved off the scans of Deadshot and Deathstroke.

IN SUMMATION, GOOD:

Rogues proved his characters to be superior.

Captaindoeo had strategy.

Vote goes to @captaindoeo

#43 Edited by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes? I responded to Cap's thing of Punisher.

Check out the issue of Antivenom/Punisher. Instead of teaming with Venom and taking out an international drug cartel, he'd rather kill a former villain who's trying to save a woman.

I even posted a scan. How is that not a counter?

Oh well. Sure thing.

Also, how does Deathstroke's reactionary speeds allow him to be shot?

I'm confused as to your reasoning.

Oh well.

#44 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Score's 1-1

#45 Edited by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

Rouges spent most of the debate writing about his team's superiority be posting feats and such. I suppose that's enough, but I would have liked to see something strategic from him. I mean, one of the first things he said was:

@rogues said:

I win this match without having to do anything.

Tsk tsk tsk lazy lazy.

Deadshot can snipe your entire team and just be done with it. He knows your locations because his helmet picks up sounds from blocks away. It's shown in Deadshot #1 and #2. He shoots a sniper from across the street, because he heard the click of the trigger.

There's no way your team beats mine. Ever.

Ah, here it is. "There's no way your team beats mine. Ever." His main arguments revolved around the idea that "his team is better." Sure sure, he may have posted many scans proving that his team is in fact superior, however CaptainDoeo presented a good counter-strategy:

• He easily took out half of Rogues' team with Mysterio's gas. Rouges even conceded to this.
  • He had a solution to Deathstroke & Deadshot's durability feats - by having Bloodwing melt off their armor.
  • He made the point that Deadshot's sound-detecting helmet is useless over an alarm and blizzard.
  • Overall, he made better arguments. Rouges provided better feats but CaptainDoeo provided better arguments, which matters the most.

Neither was perfect, tho. Both sides had flaws.. But I'm voting for @captaindoeo.

Sincerely,

#46 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Love how I countered absolutely everything he said successfully, he couldn't argue any of my points,

Yet I get voted against for not putting up a strategy.__.

My strategy was that Punisher would have killed his team, people.

Read my posts. I mean, I know you're judges and all. But... Come on.

#47 Edited by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogues: Dude, stop trying to sway the votes anymore. Especially after some of the judges have voted, not cool. If you do that, and I do that, then what's the point in stopping the debate in the first place?

#50 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Not "swaying" votes.

I'm pointing out their flaws.

Sure. Maybe if they said "I vote for Captaindoeo" then I would have let it go.

But they brought up points that I covered, and I'm wondering if they even read the debate.

I had a strategy. It was your own team mate. (Scans provided, by the way)

Bloodwing wouldn't have even come close enough to attack my team. Deathstroke shot starfire down in the neck with a tranq pistol. (Scans provided)

Your shield wouldn't have held up (More scans were provided)

That was your entire "strategy/ plan" taken down with a handful of scans.

The rest were just for show.