deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

i_like_swords Street Level Tourney - Round 1 - The Battle

The Battle.

Alright, get ready for Round 1. Here we establish what teams are the most able to adapt and overcome.

Please avoid commenting on the battle or either persons team until debating ends, as it may affect the outcome of the battle.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Setting:

- The fight will take place inside the New York Museum of Natural History

- Teams will both start on the second floor in separate sections of the museum. From there they have access to a stairway down to the first floor. Alternatively they can enter the main hall, which can be looked down upon from the second floor and has a large central staircase leading up to the second floor.

- The battle will take place 20 minutes before sunrise.

-During the first 20 minutes of the battle the fire alarm will be activated, meaning sprinklers will have covered every area of the museum (apart from the main hall) in water and will continue to do so for 20 minutes.

- For 5 minutes at the start the fire alarm itself will be going off, which is moderately loud, making it a bit more difficult to communicate with your team. The alarm won't be nearly as loud in the main hall.

-The lights will be out for the first 20 minutes, so it won't be total darkness, but a normal human won't be able to see clearly.

- After the first 20 minutes are up the sprinklers will stop, and the sun will rise. The lights in the museum will come back on.

- However, in a freak twist of events, a blizzard has invaded New York, and the glass roof above the main hall is smashed in and snow is landing everywhere. Snow will be present in the main wall 4 inches deep, 3 inches deep everywhere on the first floor, and 1 inch deep on the second floor. Aside from that, expect what you would normally get in a museum of history.

Teams:

CadenceV2 - Ultimate Hawkeye, Roland Gilead, Solid Snake, Batman (Frank Miller)

VS

vintage_spiderman - Daredevil, Black Panther, Toad, Nightwing (Pre New-52)

• No prep will be available for this match
  • Your teams neutrally start from their own sections of the museum
  • They will all be in character
  • This fight is to Death/KO depending on each character
  • You may not leave the museum
  • Characters who know each other have all their knowledge of each other, along with their disposition towards them
  • Characters know the names of the opponents team members when the fight begins. They do not know where they are. They just know that they have to defeat those people.
  • The winner may claim two items of gear from the characters of their opponents team. No armor.

And with that, you may begin. I'll alert the judges as to when voting starts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pokergeist

@i_like_swords said:

@cadencev2 & @vintage_spiderman - You may begin debating.

YAY! I love the Museum of Natural History!

First thing to note is how worthless Daredevil will be. Loud High Pitch Fire Alarm?! Oh snap!

First thing My team will do is equipped the HVGs they all pretty much have.

Hawkeye has Red Night Vision Goggles.

Snake has the Solid Eye which has Light Amplification, Heat Vision, Scope, and Radar Feed.

Roland has superhuman sight period. Feat will come when needed. Roland has adjusted to zero light cave tunnel before and still had dead eye accuracy.

And then we have the infamous damn Batman! He proves time and again his night vision sight.

So my team will play search and destroy. Since all 4 of them are Para Military they will no doubt work as a team somewhat. Batman will bring the rear with Snake (being the one with Radar) point man.

When close enough, Batman will toss a major smoke pellet at your team area, smoking them and making vision worse. Then Snake will pull out the all fun Nikita Rocket Launcher and launch straight guided missiles at your team.

Loading Video...

No Caption Provided

Anyone like Toad, Nightwing, or Black Panther try to counter attack will get shot to hell by Roland and Hawkeye's Explosive Arrows, since... you know, all my guys beside Bats kill.....

Easy money.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dondave

This should be good

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-The lights will be out for the first 20 minutes, so it won't be total darkness, but a normal human won't be able to see clearly.

Daredevil: the darkness is my ally LOL!!!

@cadencev2

Everyone on my team will be wearing white and very light blue variations of their usual get up.

Daredevil has ear plugs, a standard sniper rifle with a full magazine, and 3 packs of c4 strapped to his chest along with a detonator in Nightwings possession and will be handcuffed with Nightwing and daredevil will attack off of muscle memory on Nightwings comrade which will two taps to the shoulder to attack, three taps to take one for the team after he releases the high tech handcuff with his secret command *Robin loves Batman* until the alarms subside so he won't be a sitting duck this will have to suffice.

Nightwing has a 4 flashbacks and a lightweight slime down manageable heat seeking rocket launcher with 2 shells.

Toad has two sub machine guns with 60 bullets each.

Black Panther has vibranium microweave mesh, and his cloaking technology

First my team will have Toad scout the area and then he'll run into the main hall jump approximately 37 feet up see everyone around him with his keen above human vision which is borderline night vision and shoot mid air with superhuman reflexes and inform his the rest of the team if he spots anything suspicious lurking around. Black Panther, Nightwing, and Daredevil will all come to his aid, and Panther will lead the pack taking all the momentum from the weapons fired upon him then will be Nightwings turn to flank the right firing one missile at the ceiling above the opposing team causing a distraction then firing the other at the nearest alarm making an open for Daredevil to hear well enough to know his surroundings and hear the enemies heart beats to only sprint towards them and have Nightwing detonate and say *farewell brave soul farewell*.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vintage_spiderman: Don't mean to cut any momentum here but, since when does Daredevil have a sniper rifle and C4 in his standard gear? When does Nightwing have a rocket launcher? When does toad have submachine guns? I don't know about Nightwing and Toad but that definitely isn't in Daredevils standard gear.

vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords Since the dawn of time, but you where always blind to this reality of marvel & dc comics fictional work when it came to these characters.................................................. I'm joking of course I'll fix it

Daredevil has his multipurpose billy club

Toad doesn't usually carry anything so he's empty handed which kind of a disadvantage but then again he's a mutant. And everyone on @cadencev2 team are human for the most part so it pans out evenly.

Nightwing has eskrima sticks & 14 wingdings

Black Panthers gear is spot on though

Still the same outcome will occur with my guys on top as it should be.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pokergeist

@i_like_swords Since the dawn of time, but you where always blind to this reality of marvel & dc comics fictional work when it came to these characters.................................................. I'm joking of course I'll fix it

Daredevil has his multipurpose billy club

Toad doesn't usually carry anything so he's empty handed which kind of a disadvantage but then again he's a mutant. And everyone on @cadencev2 team are human for the most part so it pans out evenly.

Nightwing has eskrima sticks & 14 wingdings

Black Panthers gear is spot on though

Still the same outcome will occur with my guys on top as it should be.

Also when does your team wear Blue and White Uniforms?

And Since we are listing gear....

Solid Snake has Stealth Suit, Octo Cameo Muscle Suit, Solid Eye, Custom M-4, Nikita Missile Launcher, Chaff Grenades, Frag Grenades, Smoke Grenades, Knife, Silencer .45, Tranquilizer.

Roland Gilead has his pet Oy, Dual Revolvers, TNT Sticks, and Knife.

Hawkeye has his Goggles, Bow and Arrows, his 2 Custom Handgun/Crossbows, and Trick Arrows.

Batman has his Kevlar/Steel Plate Suit, Razor Sharp Cape, Bat Device, Bat Glider, and Medical Undersuit, Putty Pellets, Smoke Pellets, Incendiary Pellets, Fear Gas Pellets, Grapple Guns and Lines, Batarangs.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway it is clear I have the insane Range Advantage and the fact Daredevil is handicap already, meaning your down to 3 close range fighters vs my insane accurate range guys. This is a no contest.

vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 I submit.......... I know when to accept defeat toodles ;)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The scenario was very unkind to Dare Devil. GG.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vintage_spiderman said:

The scenario was very unkind to Dare Devil. GG.

Not going to debate for you but you have a pretty decent team. The fire alarm is moderate for the first 5 minutes. It's a big museum. Do with that info what you want. You sure about submitting man?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2@vintage_spiderman:

Both of you neglected to actually utilize the museum ('cept for daredevil getting punk'd. gg daredevil).

Here's a list of things you could have used:

-Ridiculous amount of knives kept in the museum in case of exhibit failures

-Chainsaws, hacksaws, stakes

-Guns (not entirely sure what happened to the guards...but if they didn't come that night, their pistols (5 mags) and rifles (7 mags) would be in the back for when they check in)

-Wire with ridiculous tensile strength

-Whole lotta fuel tanks

-Generators and sufficient equipment to use them for...stuff.

Here's how vintage_spiderman could have won

-Light means nothing to his team. Toad has good vision, Daredevil is blind, Nightwing operates in the dark 24/7 and Black Panther has...something. Prolly.

-Take daredevil and run for five minutes; Cadence's team is already playing search and destroy so they'll follow you. Point out that if Solid Snake uses the rocket launcher on the second floor he will blow out the windows and structurally destabilize the building -add to this the smashed roof on floor 1 and the heavy snow and the roof would prolly come down.

-Get Nightwing to the generators, short out the circuits and take control of the switches. Set up the water coolers to be spilled and douse the entrance to the generators with oil from the refill tanks for delivery vehicles (they're out in the back). When Cadence's team gets near, turn on the power, disabling Ult. Hawkeye and Solid Snake temporarily (night vision goggles/solid eye short out from the excess of light) and then punk them with Daredevil and Black Panther. Nightwing Kali's the water and also sets the oil ablaze with matches salvaged from somewhere around the museum; ridiculous electric shocks, headache, and fire will take out Ult. Hawkeye and Solid Snake. From there Nightwing will launch his ranged gear, and Toad will run amok with his tongue, prolly taking out Roland Gilead, and Ult. Hawkeye and Solid Snake if they're not already done. Batman, who has been attacking Black Panther up until now, will then officially get dunked.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: I agree completely. @cadencev2 & @vintage_spiderman I couldn't say anything but you both could have talked a lot more about the setting itself and Daredevil wasn't necessarily out of commision straight away. You could have challenged how your opponents team could perform in the setting while talking about why your team is better suited for it. When I said "Aside from that, expect what you would normally get in a museum of history.", I really meant it. Let your imagination guide you. If it's plausible that there is something in that museum that could help you point it out. You could hop in a vent or mess with electronics. So many options. Aside from that I hope you both enjoyed it. Cadence you can now choose two items of gear from vintage's team.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pokergeist

@thedarklordpandamonium: @i_like_swords: haha, not to sound arrogant, there is nothing in the Museum I need with this team and its insane Gear load out. Also being Range base team, I rather not wander around and explore.

LIke in Shooter Games, there is those that run around like idiots in the open, and those that camp in cover for the kill shot.

I am a camper. I bring the marshmallows.

OH forgot to list the Gear. Vibranium Armor and Anti Metal Daggers from Black Panther.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: You can't take armor. Should of repeated that, sorry.

Just remember, use the setting to your advantage when you can. Nobodys invincible ;)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just remember, use the setting to your advantage when you can. Nobodys invincible ;)

Oh yeah, I will take the Anti Metal Claws and Stealth Cloaking Device.... thingy... of Black Panther.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

Oh yeah, I will take the Anti Metal Claws and Stealth Cloaking Device.... thingy... of Black Panther.

Granted. Between now and 6 days Round 2 will start so you have a tad of waiting to do.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Completely agree with everything @thedarklordpandamonium had to say. Vintage Spiderman could have won the debate if he actually tried to debate for his team properly