Agree

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Roddy010

Illyria isn't powerful enough to contend with Raven.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@roddy010 said:

Illyria isn't powerful enough to contend with Raven.

She can if in true form. Her fully powered human form could contend.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: why can't she contend with Raven?

Pray tell, what does Illyria have in her arsenal that makes her more powerful than Raven let alone any psionic.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: she almost ended time by throwing a fit. Add to that casual time manipulation, yeah....

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: she almost ended time by throwing a fit. Add to that casual time manipulation, yeah....

Illyria won't be throwing any fits since Raven can simply eat her emotions and I don't see her stoping time before Raven shuts her down empathicly.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: I do not see a mental shut down happening when mind control spells fail and the psychic fish team angel had failed to shut her down as well. Sooooo....

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Illyria.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Roddy010

@cadencev2 said:

@roddy010: I do not see a mental shut down happening when mind control spells fail and the psychic fish team angel had failed to shut her down as well. Sooooo....

I'm sorry I don't think just because a fish couldn't shut her down that makes her invulnerable to empathic or other psionic attacks? And casting a mental spell and psionically altering someone's emotions are two completely different processes. Raven's should drain her with no problem unless you can give me more examples.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: Illyria really had little emotional and that was one of her limitations. If Raven drains her emotions then its a stomp becuase an emotionless Illyria would reap her in half

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

indeed emotions are what limit her so removing that is not a good thing

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pokergeist

@thanosii said:

@roddy010: Illyria really had little emotional and that was one of her limitations. If Raven drains her emotions then its a stomp becuase an emotionless Illyria would reap her in half

This. Emotions is her only weakness. Her ONLY weakness.

@roddy010 said:

@cadencev2 said:

I'm sorry I don't think just because a fish couldn't shut her down that makes her invulnerable to empathic or other psionic attacks? And casting a mental spell and psionically altering someone's emotions are two completely different processes. Raven's should drain her with no problem unless you can give me more examples.

Seriously, the fact she is a Old One, ruler of multiple realms, and the fact Wolfram and Heart with all their Power (Time Control, Mind Control, Curses, and Haxes across dimensions) could not control her, why will Raven?

I think your either underestimating Illyria or simply tring to find a way for Raven to win.

Its quite a stomp.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Just bacause I don't agree with you doesn't mean I deliberitly underestimating Illyria. I just don't see her easily fending off an attack from Raven as you guys make it. Raven has effected New Gods Dakseid and Orion as well as Rhea with her empathy so Illyria being an Old One doesn't give her the trump card. Especially since she's vulnerable to emotions.

@thanosii said:

I never said she would drain all her emotions just her anger thus nulling her desire to fight. If emotions are here only weakness then that plays to Raven's advantage. She can also implant emotions from all over the world. I still would like to see Illyria's defenses to an attack like this.

shonen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Illythria has reality warping, time manipulation,shapeshifting, voice modulation, super strength, and speed, and can mind control people. This is such a mismatch

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shonen3 said:

Illythria has reality warping, time manipulation,shapeshifting, voice modulation, super strength, and speed, and can mind control people. This is such a mismatch

Interesting can you give me examples?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pokergeist

@roddy010 said:

@shonen3 said:

Interesting can you give me examples?

Never seen Reality Warping or Mind control.

She has super speed due to phasing in and out of time. She can freeze time, slow time, or jump time altogether. She can open Portals to any dimension at will. she has Super Durability and Strength. She also has shown to be uncontrollable by Psychics and Mystics.

No Caption Provided

She can blink Raven into a baby honestly.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Just to point out: when someone says Raven can drain someone else of emotions, it also includes stuff like will. Plus Raven also has the option of fueling someone else with any given emotion she wants to.

Anyways, it would be nice to know which Raven we are using here and perhaps some hard facts on what Illyria can do, just saying she's an Old One is meaningless to people who arent into the Buffyverse... where I think she's from.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Silverrings

Illyria didn't do anything on-screen that compares to Raven's most impressive feats, so Raven should pretty much stomp this unless Illyria has done something in comics that makes her somewhat planet-level, or her real form is being used here and has some kind of immense power, too. Having said that, i do believe that Raven would get beat down in a physical fight with Illyria, as the latter is very skilled and capable, despite lacking much experience with her human form. Assuming they don't get into a fist fight, though, because Raven simply wouldn't do that, i think Illyria loses this.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Illyria didn't do anything on-screen that compares to Raven's most impressive feats, so Raven should pretty much stomp this unless Illyria has done something in comics that makes her somewhat planet-level, or her real form is being used here and has some kind of immense power, too. Having said that, i do believe that Raven would get beat down in a physical fight with Illyria, as the latter is very skilled and capable, despite lacking much experience with her human form. Assuming they don't get into a fist fight, though, because Raven simply wouldn't do that, i think Illyria loses this.

You mean Illyria slowing time to a stand still, or turning time back in the show was not impressive?

Here Illirya shows complete immunity to Psychic control.

Here Illyria in her true form takes on a amry of Hell's fighter jets and Dragons. no probs there. She also is stated to be searching for that point in time to end existence!

Here in her Human form she slows time nearly stand still, and walks out of the top floor of a building while Angel is still airborn from falling.

She can open Portal to any dimension on a whim.

No Caption Provided

In the Show and comics, she showed the ability to fight a foes in different time periods of their life! Including when they were babies.

So when I say she is a Old One, that title means something.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Silverrings

@cadencev2 What Illyria does in the show is not impressive in comparison to Raven's high-end feats. They can both manipulate time and create portals, so that's not much of an issue. Raven would only really have to worry if they were for some reason, having a fist fight, or if Illyria was in her true form. Although, i still haven't seen Illyria do anything in her true form that puts her way above Raven, in comics or on-screen.

Some of those feats were from the show, weirdly enough, and i'm under the impression that Illyria isn't in her true form in this fight, but if he is then it's definitely more interesting.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 What Illyria does in the show is not impressive in comparison to Raven's high-end feats. They can both manipulate time and create portals, so that's not much of an issue. Raven would only really have to worry if they were for some reason, having a fist fight, or if Illyria was in her true form. Although, i still haven't seen Illyria do anything in her true form that puts her way above Raven, in comics or on-screen.

Some of those feats were from the show, weirdly enough, and i'm under the impression that Illyria isn't in her true form in this fight, but if he is then it's definitely more interesting.

Raven can Time Control? Since when? Scans please.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@cadencev2 said:

@silverrings said:

She can't..I don't know where that guy got the idea from.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

@silverrings said:

Yeah, I thought that sounded off.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks said:

@cadencev2 said:

@silverrings said:

Yeah, I thought that sounded off.

To be fair..it might be one of those one-time feats characters have from time to time. I'll admit I haven't read every issue with Raven in it..so there's always that possibility. If by some off chance she has manipulated time..it's certainly not something she's done often enough to say she would do it here.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silverrings

I don't how to do scans... A quick google revealed a few sources which stated she can manipulate time. Happens in Teen Titans, too. It's clearly not something she does a lot, but it's also not the only thing she can do.