• 57 results
#51 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@czarny_samael666:

Not really. It no sold multiple Abstracts including ones with Multiversal feats, sent out a blast to the beyonders realm which wrecked it, and when Adam Warlock and LT confronted eachother, LT said a battle would lay waste to all realities, which indicates the IG being Multiversal.

This is of course if were talking about the Classic IG. The current IG got broke by Captain America :P

IMO we can call it a retcon. ;-)

#52 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio
#53 Posted by reikai (4864 posts) - - Show Bio

No we just call that shitty writing. Also wasn't the full ability of the IG nerfed by the Living Tribunal after the whole Infinity War affair? Cause I remember him making a rule about it.

#54 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

No we just call that shitty writing. Also wasn't the full ability of the IG nerfed by the Living Tribunal after the whole Infinity War affair? Cause I remember him making a rule about it.

I am not sure, so I can;t answer on that. Actually, IG was shown in that way in more than one comic.

In Fantastic Four, we have seen another IGs too.

#55 Posted by reikai (4864 posts) - - Show Bio

Well after LT made Warlock give up the IG he made it so the gems couldn't be used in full effect without permission from himself and Eternity.

Magus manipulated multiple timelines and reality with 7 Cosmic Cubes to put Eternity in a coma and trick LT into letting the IG go active again so he could steal it, only Thanos tricked him with a fake Reality Gem. After that LT nerfed the IG so it couldn't be a threat anymore.

Either there was a retcon we don't know about, or moron writers like Bendis are screwing around without knowing what they're doing. Again.

#56 Posted by cliffrice (1016 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader said:

@beautifulrevery said:

Chaos King takes this. Mikaboshi is a Multiversal level power while the IG is limited in power to it's own universe in which it exists as each part of the multiverse has it's own IG iirc.

Thanos declares himself the supreme being of this and all universes. And considering that he is omnipotent on a multiversal scale he shouldn't have a problem destroying Chaos King.

Thanos with the IG never showed anything multiversal about his power for one. 2, if the IG truly was omnipotent then the LT shouldn't have been able to shut down the gems. The infinity gems are omnipotent in the universe they come from. There's an IG for each universe that exists. The LT stands above all of them. Now the HOTU is a different story and Thanos was TRULY omnipotent at that point.

Thanos waxed the skyfather while they were in another dimension. he brought people back from the land of the dead (yet another dimension) I don't see where everyone else is saying The ig Is this universe only. Worked fine in Malibu universe. Only place it didn't work was DC universe. Thanos for the win.

#57 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos. CK while absurdly powerful still didn't demonstrate to be at a level Thanos was at. Thanos made Eternity his new pet.