• 60 results
Doombot_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Doombot_666

1 comic book character power: The magnetism of Magneto (X-Men)

No Caption Provided

1 live action movie/TV character power: The liquid metal shape-shifting of T-1000 (Terminator II)

No Caption Provided

1 manga/anime power: The reincarnation ability of the Shogun of the Dark (Ninja Scroll)

No Caption Provided

1 cartoon power: The super-speed of Cheetara (Thundercats)

No Caption Provided

1 misc power from anywhere: The ailment aura of Sanjar Javeed (Final Horsemen)

No Caption Provided

1 misc power from anywhere, but not from same genre as other misc power: The super-intelligence of Megamind (Dreamworks)

No Caption Provided
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#52  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@pooty said:

@dccomicsrule2011: i'm not trying to kill you, you have to stop me from destroying earth. and it doesn't sound like you have the speed to touch me. your dude can't even fly. You may survive but your planet won't.

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: you can teleport but how would that help you stop me from destroying the earth. If we are in front of each other in California, and i fly off to Las Vegas. will you know where i am somehow? how can you stop me from destroying the earth if i fly away?

@Nefarious: when you have literally thousands of powers to choose from, the only restriction is imagination.

I change Luke Skywalker's power for Raidens teleportion and gave my character Jetray's speed and goku's flight.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Ferro Vida
@WillPayton said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@WillPayton said:

A lot of people didnt read the rules. =)

Having the force is a single power that manifests in a variety of ways.

The force is the source of the powers, of which there are many. It's similar to a GL ring being the source of he GLs powers (flight, constructs, shield, etc), but the GL ring isnt in itself a power.

A Green Lantern ring might not be a "power" in the sense that the ring is an internal thing, but it is a power in the sense that it can only be wielded by a select few people. Iron Man's armour could be viewed in the same way, as could Doctor Strange's magic abilities. Both can be used for numerous end results that would not be capable without said feature. The same definition works for the Green Lantern ring, whose main feature is the manipulation and production of energy. And all of the force powers are, at root, just tapping into the world's "life force" for various purposes.
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By willpayton

@Ferro Vida said:

@WillPayton said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@WillPayton said:

A lot of people didnt read the rules. =)

Having the force is a single power that manifests in a variety of ways.

The force is the source of the powers, of which there are many. It's similar to a GL ring being the source of he GLs powers (flight, constructs, shield, etc), but the GL ring isnt in itself a power.

A Green Lantern ring might not be a "power" in the sense that the ring is an internal thing, but it is a power in the sense that it can only be wielded by a select few people. Iron Man's armour could be viewed in the same way, as could Doctor Strange's magic abilities. Both can be used for numerous end results that would not be capable without said feature. The same definition works for the Green Lantern ring, whose main feature is the manipulation and production of energy. And all of the force powers are, at root, just tapping into the world's "life force" for various purposes.

A "power" is a specific effect. If that effect allows you to do different tasks (for lack of a better word), then that's fine. An example of a power that allows different tasks is TK which might allow you to move objects, but also to fly, or to make things explode. However a GL ring can do things like create solid constructs, fly, increase speed and reflexes, scan and analyze objects or people, etc, etc. Those are all different effects, and hence different powers. It's the same with magic or "the force", they are the source of the individual powers, but they are not a single "power" in and of themselves.

What you're saying amounts to saying that "magic" is a power, and therefore anyone who has the power of "magic" can do pretty much anything they want that's magic related. See the problem there? Normally, things like casting spells, magically enhanced strength, or durability, or magically derived flight, or protection from magical attacks, or creating illusions, or necromancy, or other things like that are considered to be different powers. A magic user might be able to do some, but not others. They dont just have the "power of magic" and hence they can do whatever. And while obviously some high-end magic users can do pretty much any of those things, it's because they have all those different powers due to their mastery of the source of those powers, namely magic.

Lastly, using Iron Man's armor doesnt help your case. The armor, like the GL ring, is the source of the powers, but it is not a power by itself. Iron Man's armor can fly, but it can also shoot energy blasts, or it can tap into electronic equipment. Tell me how those two things are part of one power? They're not, they're separate, distinct powers.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Ferro Vida
@WillPayton : All those different sub-divisions of magic, depending on the fiction you subscribe to, can be learned by anyone who possesses magical ability. People become proficient in particular fields for the same reason that one focuses on a particular martial art; in order to master it. All of the abilities that can be accomplished through the force are sub-divisions of the force. Certain people are more proficient with certain abilities then others (Aayla Secura is skilled at force cloak, where others struggle with it. Everyone with sufficient connection to the force could, in theory, access that ability with the proper practice/training). The power I chose was Luke Skywalker's connection to the force, meaning I would have access to the force abilities that he was proficient with. 

If someone here chose Doctor Doom's intelligence then, by your logic, they would need to choose a particular thing that he as knowledgeable about.
Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

chuck norris everything.

THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm afraid the SSJ4 increase would do almost nothing for you. You're not trained in his or your body to Goku's extent and would reflect that, not Goku's own power.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thc said:

I'm afraid the SSJ4 increase would do almost nothing for you. You're not trained in his or your body to Goku's extent and would reflect that, not Goku's own power.

Pretend

debeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman loses

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Vaeternus

Will get back to this lol, gives me some ideas though.