team wins 7/10 times

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By King_Saturn

Icon probably won't be able to handle Thor... maybe if Thor makes it a slugfest for a while Icon could.

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Icon would lose the majority of these if Thor was any kind of serious.. And he would be.

Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

icon has soo much versatily and i read hes as strong or stronger than superman soo idk about that

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

icon has soo much versatily and i read hes as strong or stronger than superman soo idk about that

Unless you've read that he's faster and more durable than it doesn't matter....

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Thor wins with or without the Hulk's aid.

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: faster? its thor and hulk. 2 slow characters, idk if hes faster or not, i just doubt hes as slow as either. i think itd be a good battle im just saying

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: faster? its thor and hulk. 2 slow characters, idk if hes faster or not, i just doubt hes as slow as either. i think itd be a good battle im just saying

No, it's not a good battle unless you can prove it is, he doesn't have the feats for it....

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: so it doesnt matter that he has the powers that he has cause he doesnt have feats???

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins with or without the Hulk's aid.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: so it doesnt matter that he has the powers that he has cause he doesnt have feats???

Unless there are scans of him using those powers as effectively as you think he can.....it doesn't matter....

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: not exactly. if he posses certain powers that we know thor has no defense against then theres no reason to think it wont work. now im not exactly sure which ones those would be

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: not exactly. if he posses certain powers that we know thor has no defense against then theres no reason to think it wont work. now im not exactly sure which ones those would be

Exactly.....you don't know, if the character has no feats displaying powers of an unspecified magnitude you cannot assume they count against people who do, stating he can do what he hasn't shown is nothing short of imagination...

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: i get your point but why does his page say hes stronger than superman possibly or as strong, and has been shown as faster than flash?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: i get your point but why does his page say hes stronger than superman possibly or as strong, and has been shown as faster than flash?

Idk, I've seen his comics and he hasn't displayed such power and speed.....

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By terry2012

The team wins.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

icon wins this

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By oceanmaster21

bc icon has fought superman to a standstill and hus speed is incredible he wud make quickbof hulk thor wud be a big problem but icon wud take this

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By James_Lockart

Icon is one of the great Milestone originals.

But team takes this.

vovchik17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins 11/10

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins this. Thor should be a good match up for Icon by himself.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering that only prove for Icon's speed and strength are his fights with Superman, probably either one can solos. Fighting with fast people doesn't mean that character is fast.

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Icon has other feats.

HUGE feats.

But the problem is that not many people will have the scans from the old days.

And Hulk and Thor have comparable feats. An argument can be made for Icon taking them in one-on-one but the Marvel team here is going to be too much in a two-on-one.

And Dwayne McDuffie concieved Icon as Superman but Supes has had WAY more feats.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inconvenient_truth:

neither of them are slow damn sure not thor they may be slower than him but they not slow and where it is important to remember speed is a factor but it isn't the only factor both hulk and thor are stronger.

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretty much this!! I'd like to see a valid argument him beating them one on one, much less together, giving them the opportunity to beat the living tar out of him!!

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@james_lockart: I'd be happy with some descriptions or even brief references at this point. Honestly it wouldn't matter anyway, but still Icon is such a cool character I welcome any info on him.

Anyway, team 11/10.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By czarny_samael666

No Icon has other feats.

HUGE feats.

But the problem is that not many people will have the scans from the old days.

And Hulk and Thor have comparable feats. An argument can be made for Icon taking them in one-on-one but the Marvel team here is going to be too much in a two-on-one.

And Dwayne McDuffie concieved Icon as Superman but Supes has had WAY more feats.

I have access to Icon 1-42 scans, but You would have to guid me in which of them something important happened.

momo111191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if icon's shield can handle thor's hammer then he wins if not then the team takes it. 9/10

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Thor solos

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Icon can't defeat the team at all.

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By James_Lockart

@czarny_samael666: @spiderbuck:

Thanks for your replies guys. My little problem with legendary comic book characters based on power, such as with Icon, Thor, Majestic, Captain Marvel, Hulk and Supes is that they've performed so much that it is difficult to pinpoint the exact feats. My reason for this is that they're so many and keep happening all the time.

However, a modest sampling of Icon's feats is given below. I cannot emphasize enough on the modest aspect enough because he has been shown by the legendary McDuffie to do much more.

No Caption Provided

Catches a falling vehicle. Lands using Force Field. AND manages to crack a joke.

-

No Caption Provided

Uses a van to smash a well armored opponent.

-

No Caption Provided

Sends Supes flying. .

-

No Caption Provided

Turns out that much of what happened was done to 'look convincing' but even then Supes still says that 'That's about as hard as I've ever been hit'. Imagine the man blood lusted. Supes is healed but then he always usually does before he meets Perry on the job or Lois for dinner.

-

I hope that clears things about Icon to some extent. His feats really are much more than what I've managed to come up with.

But I still take the Team for the win because Hulk and Thor are simply too much even for Superman. If anyone loses to those two combined they can still hold their head up high in the fictional world.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By czarny_samael666

@james_lockart:

Considering that hurting hardly proves anything and that two first feats actually can be done by Spider-Man or at best Kaine, I don't see how he would be a threat to either, Thor or Hulk.

My point is that You don't have to post scans if You don't have access to them, if You know in which issues his best feats were done, because I can post them. I just don't have time to read all 42 issues of his series.

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman said that was basically the hardest he'd ever been hit and all it did was hurt icons hand for a second. thats pretty strong plus icon has like 10 other powers listed as his powerset. idk whod win this battle which is why i posted it but all icon has to do is fly up and hulk is neutralized. then its one on one vs thor

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By James_Lockart

@czarny_samael666:

Well:

#3 Has Icon facing a tunnel monster. Pretty powerful one.

#10 He goes after Holocaust.

#25 Confronts Oblivion.

#40 Takes on The Syndicate.

There's loads of stuff but its scattered in other titles and crossovers, where Icon is really dominant. Hope that helps bruv.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman said that was basically the hardest he'd ever been hit and all it did was hurt icons hand for a second. thats pretty strong plus icon has like 10 other powers listed as his powerset. idk whod win this battle which is why i posted it but all icon has to do is fly up and hulk is neutralized. then its one on one vs thor

Taking on Superman means nothing. Like nothing at all I told You that once and nothing changed since that moment.He would have to overmuscle Superman during the fight to prove his own strength or destroy something big or it would have to be said how much force he used in punch. Like Hyperion against Gladiator, Juggernaut against WWHulk or Northstar against Savage Hulk - they all lost, but we can qualify and measure their feats.
To this moment there is no point in defending Icon.

@czarny_samael666:

Well:

#3 Has Icon facing a tunnel monster. Pretty powerful one.

#10 He goes after Holocaust.

#25 Confronts Oblivion.

#40 Takes on The Syndicate.

There's loads of stuff but its scattered in other titles and crossovers, where Icon is really dominant. Hope that helps bruv.

Hmmm... It hardly puts him in Thor's or Hulk's level, until this Holocaust is a beast. I've read his bios and it seems that he lost with Superboy and in his bios it is said that he is only 90 tonner with pyrokinesis. I would say that Cap Britain or Ms. Marvel could put this Holocaust down if this is true.

Oblivion dealt with him easily and this monster one-shotted him. Plus I don't see any battle in #40.

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666:

Taking on Superman means nothing. Like nothing at all I told You that once and nothing changed since that moment.He would have to overmuscle Superman during the fight to prove his own strength or destroy something big or it would have to be said how much force he used in punch.

==============

Superman himself said that that was basically that hardest he'd been hit. That tells you how strong he is since Supes has taken shots from WW, Doomsday, Darkseid .etc.etc. He doesnt need to win to have feats. Feats are feats. You can have feats even if you lose. and he didnt lose vs superman, they were going thru with Icon's plan. and when they had a little time Superman confessed how hard he'd been hit.

Metal02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Metal02
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666:

Taking on Superman means nothing. Like nothing at all I told You that once and nothing changed since that moment.He would have to overmuscle Superman during the fight to prove his own strength or destroy something big or it would have to be said how much force he used in punch.

==============

Superman himself said that that was basically that hardest he'd been hit. That tells you how strong he is since Supes has taken shots from WW, Doomsday, Darkseid .etc.etc. He doesnt need to win to have feats. Feats are feats. You can have feats even if you lose. and he didnt lose vs superman, they were going thru with Icon's plan. and when they had a little time Superman confessed how hard he'd been hit.

How it is even close to truth if other characters KOd and even killed Superman in the past? Icon didn't put him on his knees, didn't broke his bones, didn't kill him and didn't even KO him. Ergo - Superman was lying.

You can have feats even if You lose, like in examples I mentioned. But Icon in fight with superman, like Barda in fight with WW didn't show anything remotely relevant. Icon/Barda didn't show any measurable strength in these fights, that is why these fights don't tell us anything.

For now Icon is like Barda - mostly speculation. But Icon had his own series, so it is more than possible that someone - in oppose to fight with Barda, when no one proved anything about her strength level - will bring some feat with Icon doing something good.

James_lockart maybe even did, depends on Holocaust physical feats (if we would find out that he is high level character, then it will a good prove of power).

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666: Superman said that was the basically the hardest he'd been hit so thats what it is.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666: Superman said that was the basically the hardest he'd been hit so thats what it is.

No it isn't. You can't belive to all things said by characters or that they are always going all out, because they don't. More - they almost NEVER show their higher levels of strength or speed.

It couldn't be the stronger hit he get, because other hits putted him down in the past. How punch stronger than ones that KOd him, didn't KO him? By pure logic: it is impossible.

Superman whole the time is using hyperboles like that. Like Thor, if You know him more than Kryptonian.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@inconvenient_truth said:

@czarny_samael666:

==============

How it is even close to truth if other characters KOd and even killed Superman in the past? Icon didn't put him on his knees, didn't broke his bones, didn't kill him and didn't even KO him. Ergo - Superman was lying.

You can have feats even if You lose, like in examples I mentioned. But Icon in fight with superman, like Barda in fight with WW didn't show anything remotely relevant. Icon/Barda didn't show any measurable strength in these fights, that is why these fights don't tell us anything.

For now Icon is like Barda - mostly speculation. But Icon had his own series, so it is more than possible that someone - in oppose to fight with Barda, when no one proved anything about her strength level - will bring some feat with Icon doing something good.

James_lockart maybe even did, depends on Holocaust physical feats (if we would find out that he is high level character, then it will a good prove of power).

Why would Supes lie? This I have know. What reason would Superman have to lie?

And that was only one punch. When has Superman been KO'd with one punch? And you say he didn't put him on his knees or break his jaw. Supes flew off panel. We don't know how far he flew or the state he was in during his recovery. His jaw could have easily healed just as quickly as Icon's fist, could it not?

Secondly it doesn't look like he was going all out, so it's highly HIGHLY possible he was holding back.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spydey: even if this punch hurt supes he has never been hit by anyone with planet level strength. Since both hulk and Thor are above that it still doesn't put icon above them

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor can solo this if he is serious.....with Hulk it is overkill. While his strength, speed and intelligence is great, his durability is not. Icon once fought the Blood Syndicate and was KO'd...briefly, and they are barely Class 100. A fully powered Thor can bring considerably more offense than they can.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spydey: They were pretending this, there was no real fight there. And just because someone can keep up withp owerhouse, doesn't make him one. Simply because they are holding back. Thor, Superman, Surfer... It is in character for them.