Icon vs superman (seriously)

Mar_Co_Vi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

classic icon vs silver age superman(which is the same one he fought)

battlefield: nevada desert

terms: both not holding back

my vote: Icon

i choose icon over superman because he has more variety of powers to match superman.... and i don't care what past racist dc comics you bring up where they make superman look unbeatable because there suppose to, this is an all out brawl. Icon knows superman is denser because he's kryptonian so his one advantage is being able to sustain more damage... but once icon cranks his powers up the fight is on even footing of fighting, his energy punches and force field equate him to superman level density making this fight a battle of tactics and skills... secondly i believe Icons positron powers would disrupt superman kryptonian energy field makeing it superman vs. doomsday all over....

Shn275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give it to Icon as well. I remember when they fought in WorldsCollide, Icon gauged Superman's abilities based on the films of that time period (i.e. moving the Earth & Moon), which SilverAge Superman, to my knowledge, could not do. Personally, I feel Icon and Supes are equal in strength & durability. Though, since Supes relies on solar reserves replenished from the Sun, while Icon's power is constantly generated within his body, Icon might have the advantage, seeing as how Superman has to recharge when he uses too much power. I believe the stronger the foe, the more power is used/needed which would pretty much leave Superman at a disadvantage if he's constantly having to replenish is reserves.

So...Icon FTW.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

@shn275: silver age superman can move tons of parents on a big chain. and what of you think superman is a robot? he does not have to 'replenish' anything.

Shn275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa: You do realize Superman has to recharge his solar reserves, right? The more power he uses/damage he sustains, the faster his reserves deplete. His powers are pretty much fueled by a "solar battery" that needs recharging from time to time.

Also, you're right about SilverAge Supes. Icon had based his assessments on SilverAge but fought ModernAge Superman. My mistake.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shn275: he never has to replenish. in new 52, he was bench pressing the earth for 5 days straight. is the replenish thing a silver age superman weakness or something that I did not know about?

iconrocket123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iconrocket123

icon would win..most certainly..in world's collide, he almost knocked supes unconscious..that's only after the first punch..also his different types of energy he can control make it nearly impossible for supes to compete..he can probably hold up if they went fisties for they are even in strength....he can't stop icon with his heat vision if icon double blasts him with positron energy...if he punches supes..with the energy wrapped around his fist..he might kill him..since tyhis is all out brawl..icon wins..FATALITY..

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sups

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Icon is black, of course he wins

iconrocket123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iconrocket123

@life_without_progress: That's not funny, why would you even say that? Race has nothing to do with this, regardless...If Superman was Hispanic would he win? No, so don't play race..it's not cool it's sad.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...

iconrocket123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SoundBar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Icon wins, he is nearly as strong as superman, more durable, has more stamina, and isn't a one trick pony. His power reserves are near infinite.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spider-ManWins

@shn275: silver age superman can move tons of parents on a big chain. and what of you think superman is a robot? he does not have to 'replenish' anything.

he can move parents? HOLY SH!T

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote icon and he really needs a new debut

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: I was like dang that guy stupid, then I realized I wrote that......

Avatar image for varun_metamorpho
Varun_metamorpho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's regular supes, I give it to icon, but seriously, does icon even hold his own against Superboy prime (silver age supes is as powerful as sbp); supes just sneezed and destroyed an entire solar system, no joke (u read it right); but I don't know anything about classic icon either; even then I doubt whether he can equal SA supes; so in my opinion supes wins; but I will change my opinion when anyone provides reasonable proof for icon's feat

olajoe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sups Takes this