VS

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@slacker the hacker:  Very nice, very nice. It's soooo close. I'm gonna say Icon only because of his positron blasts. That's the only real deciding factor. I think they're about even though.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Kallarkz
Daxamite abilities AND being a Green Lantern.

Mon-El tears him apart.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Kallarkz said:
"

Mon-El tears him apart.

"

u should know that based on the pic he dose not have his GL ring
Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@slacker the hacker:  Yo Slacks should i watch that anime you were talking about Baccano?
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThanosIsMad
@slacker the hacker said:
" @Kallarkz said:
"

Mon-El tears him apart.

"
u should know that based on the pic he dose not have his GL ring "
That's not always the case, though.  Some people pick pictures because they like that specific picture, even though it doesn't depict how the character currently looks.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Kallarkz
So if i see Thor in a picture without his hammer it means that he doesn't use it in that fight?

I don't look at the pretty pictures to judge a fight =).

There we go. NOW that you have added in the rules that it is NOT current Mon-El i can give a further explanation:

One of the things that bugs me a little about Icon is the fact that as stated on one of his pages his invulnerability is very inconsistent. We saw him once being butted in the face with a rifle and he started bleeding. But on another occasion he was able to match Superman.

I can't see much that would give Icon a direct advantage over Mon-El nor Mon-El over Icon power wise, other than the fact that Icon has the ability to enhance his physical attack with energy.

I would still give this fight to Mon-El just based on feats and consistency in his abilities. Icon is a pretty powerful character but I have not seen him perform any extraordinary feats other than the fact he was able to stand up to Superman which many characters have done in the past.

I'm not an expert on Icon so it is possible that i might be underestimating him a bit. If anyone has any scans to show that Icon has enough power to down a Daxamite.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ThanosIsMad said:
" @slacker the hacker said:
" @Kallarkz said:
"

Mon-El tears him apart.

"
u should know that based on the pic he dose not have his GL ring "
That's not always the case, though.  Some people pick pictures because they like that specific picture, even though it doesn't depict how the character currently looks. "

i know im just an ass
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By daak1212

Sooo Mon-EL has his ring?  I might still give this to Icon depending on how good Mon-El is with his ring.  Icon is supposed to be pretty much a Superman clone (His race is = to Kryptonians) so I'm guessing that he is in his ballpark in skill.  Mon-El on the other hand I don't view as an equal to Superman but has the ring, even then Superman has shown to give hell to the Lanterns before (as in Kyle, John, Hal, and Guy and there all top notch lanterns).

Avatar image for marvelrules2011
marvelrules2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By marvelrules2011
@Kallarkz said:
"

Mon-El tears him apart.

"
BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By BatteredArmor
@daak1212 said:
"Sooo Mon-EL has his ring?  I might still give this to Icon depending on how good Mon-El is with his ring.  Icon is supposed to be pretty much a Superman clone (His race is = to Kryptonians) so I'm guessing that he is in his ballpark in skill.  Mon-El on the other hand I don't view as an equal to Superman but has the ring, even then Superman has shown to give hell to the Lanterns before (as in Kyle, John, Hal, and Guy and there all top notch lanterns). "

ICON!!!!!!!!!!!

theoreticly he has much greater skill than superman hes had a much longer time to practice unlike superman whos ship was found like 30-50 years ago Icons ship was found during slavery so he should technicalyy have more practice

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Static Shock

Why does Mon-El have a ring, anyway? Who wrote that into DC canon?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By PowerHerc

Mon-El wins.
crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crackerjack82

I am gonna say Icon, in this fight, a very close fight, but i think icon will win

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Icon wins in a hard fought respectful battle..

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Featless guy 1 vs featless guy 2? Hmmmm...this is tough

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BRAX

Icon and Mon-El both seem to have plenty of feats..

Icon-

Powers

• Unique Physiology: Icon's lifepod altered his DNA so he would resemble a normal human being, thus enabling him to blend among Earth's natives.[1] A side effect of this process was the maximization of his now human/alien genetic structure. Thus, Icon possesses a variety of superhuman abilities that are unusual even for a Terminan.[3]
  • Superhuman Strength: Icon possesses vast strength due to the maximization of his DNA and alien heritage, and can lift over 100 tons effortlessly. He usually holds back, only using enough strength for the situation at hand, thus the limits of his strength are unknown.
  • Superhuman Speed: Icon possesses the ability to move at superhuman speeds, and is immune to the affects of traveling at high speed. The exact limits of Icon's speed isn't known.[1]
  • Superhuman Agility Icon can move from place to place in the blink of an eye. His agility, balance, and bodily coordination are far beyond the natural physical limits and capabilities of the finest human specimen.[1]
  • Superhuman Reflexes: Icon possesses the ability to think, move, and react at superhuman speeds. Icon's reflexes are superior to those possessed by the finest human specimens.[1]
  • Superhuman Stamina: Icon's body also generates fatigue poisons at an incredibly slow rate, granting him superhuman stamina in all physical activities.
  • Flight: Icon flies by manipulation of gravitons, manipulation of magnetic fields, control of his absolute molecular movement, and utilizing his superhuman speed. His top speed has not yet been determined.[1]
  • Enhanced Senses: Icon possesses superhuman senses including:
  • Invulnerability: Icon seems to possess nigh-invulnerability, being capable of withstanding tremendous impact forces, high caliber bullets,[4] exposure to extreme temperatures and pressure,[6] and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury.
  • Self-Sustenance: Icon can survive in harsh environments without air, food or water, and his bodily evacuations aren't needed. He's also able to survive unaided in space.
  • Accelerated Healing: Despite his near invulnerability, it is possible to injure Icon. However, he can recover from most wounds with astonishing speed. It took just days for Icon to heal from the chest wounds inflicted by Payback.[5]
  • Energy Projection: Icon has the ability to generate and control a radiant energy based on positrons.[7] He can manipulate this energy for various effects.
  • Concussive Force Bolts: Icon can release positron energy from his hands as bolts of concussive force.[7] A low power force bolt can flick on a light switch[8] but at maximum power the amount of damage is unknown.
  • Stun Bolts: Icon can project low-energy bolts that render human beings unconscious by disrupting the electrical impulses in their nervous systems.[9] Icon can also use these bolts like an electromagnetic pulse to overload electronic devices.[10]
  • Energy Enhanced Punches: Icon can focus positron energy into his fists, which he can then use to shatter any substance.[10]
  • Omnidirectional Energy Waves: Icon can release all of his body's positron energy as massive positron waves in ever direction, causing devastating damage.[8]
  • Positron Field:Icon can detect the presence of Bang Babies within his vicinity by flooding an area with a field of positrons.[11] The field interacts with the invisible quantum well surrounding a Bang Baby, who then glows as he or she gives off mild gamma particles. Hence, Icon can use these fields to distinguish Bang Babies from other metahumans as well as normal humans.
  • Force Field:Icon can use positrons to create quasi-solid energy fields to entrap opponents.[10]
  • Decelerated Aging: Icon possesses extraordinary longevity, enabling him to age at a vastly slower rate than that of human beings.[1] Hence, though centuries old, he appears to be no older than forty. Icon's lifespan is usual for a Terminan and is the only power that is not the result of his genetic maximization.[12]

Abilities

• Law: Icon is among the Cooperative’s most celebrated mediators. He has extensive knowledge of the Cooperative legal system as well as decades of experience in his chosen field. Icon is an equally adept corporate lawyer due to his mediator background and a century’s worth of experience in American law.

[2][3]

• Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Icon is also a formidable combatant, whose fighting skills rival those of Superman.[13][3] Icon is well trained in unarmed and armed combat, having fought in major conflicts ranging from the Civil War to World War II.[2][3] Some opponents underestimate Icon’s abilities since he tries to peacefully settle disputes before pummeling his foes.
  • Multilingual: Icon is fluent in English and Galactic Standard, the native language of the Cooperative

Mon-El

Powers

• Solar Energy Absorption: Born under the influence of Daxam's red sun, the ultra solar rays of Earth's yellow sun can super-energize his brain and five senses to give him other, non-muscular, superpowers.
  • Light Gravity Augmentation: Like Superman, born on a giant world with a heavy gravity, Mon-El's muscles automatically become super-strong in Earth's light gravity. From this source, Mon-El also acquires superhuman muscular abilities.

Abilities

Weaknesses

• Vision Limitation: Mon-El's x-ray vision cannot penetrate lead or lead-lined walls. It also cannot penetrate inertron, the most indestructible substance in the 30th century universe. The heat of his x-ray vision cannot melt lead, unless it is a very thin lining.
  • Lead: Unlike Kryptonians, whose super-powers are driven from them by the radioactive remnants of their home world, a Daxamite's major weakness is his vulnerability to lead, which does not exist on their planet. Another difference is that, while Green Kryptonite can eventually kill Kryptonians after prolonged exposure, once it is removed the pain eases and the Kryptonian's strength and powers eventually return to him/her. For Mon-El, any exposure to lead causes pain and weakness permanently, even after he is taken to safety. Before a cure was found, Mon-El had to stay in the Phantom Zone, without a corporal body, in order to stay alive. He was only ever able to exit the Zone permanently after Brainiac 5 invented an "anti-lead serum
Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brax: They are not feats, they are powers and abilities.

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK you are right...Be that as it may; both Icon and Mon-El are powerhouses who can more than hold their own with just about any of the DC villians and heroines, so I still see it as a great matchup..

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brax: If that was to me, I agree; and both need more light IMO.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mon el due to feats. I like icon more though

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with Icon.

He did better in his fight against Superman than Lar Gand did.