This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by OblivionKnight (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer and Iceman meet on a barren planet with an atmosphere and decide to see whos molecular manipulation is greater(stupid scenario I know). So they only use their manipulation on each other. Mainly they are trying to make it so the other character would have to have the other character change them back(such as Surfer having to get Iceman to change him to his orginal form and vice-versa) No other powers from the Surfer except his molecular manipulation. This is current versions of both characters.Morals do not apply.Bloodlust is on. If you find one character to be overpowered tell me and I'll try and fix it.

#2 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
This is extremely unfair, anyway you cut it.
#3 Posted by OblivionKnight (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

It is? How so?
#4 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
Iceman can do nothing to the Surfer. On the other hand, the Surfer has demonstrated the ability to evolve/de-evolve organisms, and manipulate matter on a planetary scale. Iceman doesn't even come close.
#5 Posted by BatDance (2206 posts) - - Show Bio
Surfer kills Iceman by turning Iceman into particles of Helium, Surfer then moves at lightspeed and removes all water from the entire planet and transmutes the whole planet into a lump of iron. Just to make sure Iceman stays dead

Or Surfer re-writes Iceman's DNA and turns him just into a plain old man, Robert  Drake now powerless next to Surfer decides to surrender rather than get stomped on
#6 Posted by OblivionKnight (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

But doesnt Iceman have complete control over his molecules? I admit that the things you stated(Morpheus) are amazing feats, there's no denying that. But those things are not Omega-level mutants who have complete control over their own molecules(to the point of turning themselves into a conscious mist) as well as the control of the temperatures of others. My personal pick would probably be Surfer but I thought that Iceman would at least give him a challenge. If I may ask, is it because bloodlust is on for Surfer and character morals dont apply?
#7 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio

But doesnt Iceman have complete control over his molecules?

So does the Surfer.

But those things are not Omega-level mutants who have complete control over their own molecules

No, they weren't. But the Surfer can simply isolate the X-gene that gives Iceman his powers and de-evolve Bobby into a normal human.

. If I may ask, is it because bloodlust is on for Surfer and character morals dont apply?  

Not really. Since molecular manipulation is the only power the Surfer is allowed to use here, he would have done this anyway. In fact, simply depowering Iceman is quite gentle, and well within the Surfer's nature.
#8 Posted by CATMANEXE--defunct (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman cant turn himself into conscious mist, he was turned into mist and reformed, with some difficulty.

the point theyre making here is when he's facing Surfer, Iceman doesnt have control over his own molecules, 
Surfer does. thats how big the difference is.

#9 Posted by OblivionKnight (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

I see. But none of you believe that Bobby will at least give Surfer a run for his money? I admit that Surfer can stop the mutant X-gene, but hasnt Iceman done this. Ima try and find scans of it.  And also being an Omega-level mutant hes no push-over.
And I'll answer afterwards. gotta go get a haircut
#10 Posted by kagetaicho (1950 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman can't do anything to Surfer. Hes immune (or at least extremely resistant) to temperature extremes. Also he can transmute elements. Iceman can only do ice I believe.

#11 Posted by Power NeXus (9855 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman might possibly have the potential to hang with Surfer here (maybe) but he has absolutely none of the necessary experience or control of his powers.
#12 Posted by BatDance (2206 posts) - - Show Bio
The problem for Iceman is Surfer more or less wears his own personal body armor. From the Marvel database you can find an online entry on Silver Surfer's "galactic glaze" skin. 
Surfer's silvery "skin" was designed to easily withstand the rigors of deep-space travel, and thus far, it has proven to be virtually indestructible. In fact, his entire body was made highly resistant to injury and he is thus almost invulnerable to most types of physical harm. The Silver Surfer can withstand the crushing pressures of a black hole and can easily withstand great extremes in temperature. He is not bothered by the friction associated with atmospheric re-entry, and has withstood plunges into stars and even supernovae.
#13 Posted by OblivionKnight (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

I find the reason Surfer would win is because he is definately more varied in abilities. He can do more extravagent things, rather than mainly temperature affecting(although Iceman does have the potential to do more) But the reason Iceman would give Surfer a challenge is that temperature is his forte'. His control over that area is greater than Surfer's seeing as though we havnt seen him use temperature control before(I dont believe but if so please provide scans or evidence). Its like saying just becuase 1 person has a shotgun and assualt rifle will automatically beat someone good with a pistol. But I will agree that Iceman doesnt seem to have the experience level yet, but he can still give Surfer a handful.

#14 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:

But those things are not Omega-level mutants who have complete control over their own molecules

No, they weren't. But the Surfer can simply isolate the X-gene that gives Iceman his powers and de-evolve Bobby into a normal human. 

Where was this when Cable was beating the hell out of him? :P
#15 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

Where was this when Cable was beating the hell out of him? :P "
Cable never beat anything out of him.

One shot, son. :P
#16 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"

":P"
#17 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"
":P" "
You know I couldn't let it pass. :P
#18 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"
":P" "
You know I couldn't let it pass. :P "
LOL
#19 Posted by Cypher's Gambit (2098 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer would win, but he has no real way of destroying Iceman. Iceman would ALWAYS come back.

#20 Posted by jojjimbo (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cypher's Gambit said:

Surfer would win, but he has no real way of destroying Iceman. Iceman would ALWAYS come back.

Actually. He can...just as many here have suggested, all SS has to do is turn Bobby's x-gene's into normal one, and in doing so...turning Bobby into a regular human. then if he really was piss enough at Bobby(which is totally out of character for SS to kill a defenseless person) he could, and Bobby would be dead.

SS wins easy.

#21 Posted by Bo88gdan (4669 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer

#22 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer.

#23 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer.

#24 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

This is extremely unfair, anyway you cut it.