User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"Ebony Bishop says:
"Vlad Tepes Dracula says:
"Static Shock says:
"Dude, It's Frankie Raye. Not Richard Ryder. He isn't in the fight...."

OH! blushes... i knew that xP

anyways... okay okay, iceman may be in favour here, but one last point before i give up, can Bobby effect more than one mutant at a time with those powers?"

He's not affecting the individual, he's affecting the chemical reaction that causes heat transfer -- I would assume by not allowing the molecules involved to speed up, causing heat. That's more of an area of affect power."

So then it does effect his to, heat exchange does involve Cold as Hot as i stated before your telling me what i said before"

Why would it affect him? He's not trying to make fire.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#102  Edited By Korg

Vlad, the process of shutting down certain chemical reactions involving a heat exchange is not the same as, say, an EMP. Bobby can choose to shut down the chemical reactions in his opponents bodies without affecting his own. I'd also like to point out that this particular method was used simply to neutralize Sunfire's powers for a short while. Iceman's ability to control chemical reactions involving heat allow him to kill people in the most horrific ways. He can also dehydrate, flash-freeze, or vaporize them. As for what I said earlier about the eyeballs, of course he has never done anything like that. As I said, it's lucky he's a hero and not a villain. I just thought it would be an interesting tactic, and since this is the Vine and not a comic book, I threw it out there as a possibility I found interesting.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Vrakmul

SilverSurfa says:

"The Enigma says:
"SilverSurfa says:
"Ice man is powerful but remember there r 5 fire based mutants here 1 of them galactus's herald. Also Fire> Ice. So it might be a closer match than u think?"
Misconception: Iceman controls heat energy, that subsequently enables him to control ice."

haha i said something about that straight after u. wot i meant was that iceman used ice for his atks and defence therefore their fire based attacks wud be effective against his defence...and attacks as you cant freeze fire... espically johnny storm...."

Incorrect, liquid nitrogen can freeze fires. Or more correctly, instantly put them out due to sheer cold as the fire is no longer at the temperature to burn anymore.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Vrakmul

For all of you people who don't know. Cold is merely the absence of heat. It's not independent. Much like how darkness is the absence of light. That is why Bobby can potentially manipulate heat. For he does not manipulate cold directly, rather he does it through a proxy of sorts. He manipulates cold by manipulating the flow of energy, so he essentially pulls energy away from the surroundings. If he could live up to his potential, he could add energy and "create" heat, however he has failed to do this as this seems to present too much of a challenge to create a reasonable non cosmic foe for the writers without going into the domain of cliche's. Also Bobby has reached absolute zero before, Absolute zero is equally devastating if not more so than the heat of a star. As every normal form of matter, possibly excluding the state of matter that is plasma, solidifies at this temperature. Well that concludes my science rant.

Avatar image for the_shadow_knight
The Shadow Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dreadnaught says:

"For all of you people who don't know. Cold is merely the absence of heat. It's not independent. Much like how darkness is the absence of light. That is why Bobby can potentially manipulate heat. For he does not manipulate cold directly, rather he does it through a proxy of sorts. He manipulates cold by manipulating the flow of energy, so he essentially pulls energy away from the surroundings. If he could live up to his potential, he could add energy and "create" heat, however he has failed to do this as this seems to present too much of a challenge to create a reasonable non cosmic foe for the writers without going into the domain of cliche's. Also Bobby has reached absolute zero before, Absolute zero is equally devastating if not more so than the heat of a star. As every normal form of matter, possibly excluding the state of matter that is plasma, solidifies at this temperature. Well that concludes my science rant. "

As you so quoted by simplifying the first law of thermo dynamics, cold is the absence of heat energy: Drake would win.
Post Edited:2008-05-28 19:24:55

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Vrakmul

The Shadow Knight says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"For all of you people who don't know. Cold is merely the absence of heat. It's not independent. Much like how darkness is the absence of light. That is why Bobby can potentially manipulate heat. For he does not manipulate cold directly, rather he does it through a proxy of sorts. He manipulates cold by manipulating the flow of energy, so he essentially pulls energy away from the surroundings. If he could live up to his potential, he could add energy and "create" heat, however he has failed to do this as this seems to present too much of a challenge to create a reasonable non cosmic foe for the writers without going into the domain of cliche's. Also Bobby has reached absolute zero before, Absolute zero is equally devastating if not more so than the heat of a star. As every normal form of matter, possibly excluding the state of matter that is plasma, solidifies at this temperature. Well that concludes my science rant. "

WRONG.

Absolute zero is -273.15 Celcius; it is the point when oxygen becomes liquid."

Incorrect. You must be thinking of the outdated customary unit. in Celsius Oxygen liquifies long before absolute zero. Helium and hydrogen have the closest point of liquification to absolute zero. And even they freeze once this temperature is achieved. However one cannot achieve true absolute zero for there is always some energy to transfer into the object. You honestly need a chemistry lesson.

Avatar image for the_shadow_knight
The Shadow Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dreadnaught says:

"The Shadow Knight says:
"Dreadnaught says:
WRONG. Absolute zero is -273.15 Celcius; it is the point when oxygen becomes liquid."
Incorrect. You must be thinking of the outdated customary unit. in Celsius Oxygen liquifies long before absolute zero. Helium and hydrogen have the closest point of liquification to absolute zero. And even they freeze once this temperature is achieved. However one cannot achieve true absolute zero for there is always some energy to transfer into the object. You honestly need a chemistry lesson. "

Yeah you are totally correct. I realised my mistake soon after typing, I do not know what I was thinking.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#108  Edited By Erik

Kravicia says:

"I agree Enigma, Bobby has progressed a lot in terms of temperature control. He is now able to control chemical reactions that involve massive heat change. Via this he is able to block Sunfire's powers. [IMG]
Post" />http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t55/bitca360/xmen2020011ef3.jpg[/IMG]
And could potentially do the same to Torch
Post Edited:2008-05-28 10:12:51"

yeah i was just going to bring that up. iceman wins

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By the creator

I'm going to take some time and think about this battle and then post my reply.

Avatar image for captain_strange
captain strange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By captain strange

which nova?

Avatar image for captain_strange
captain strange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By captain strange

which nova?

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Vrakmul

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"The_Creator says:
"I'm going to take some time and think about this battle and then post my reply."

THANK YOU"

Your a bit slow.

Avatar image for vlad_tepes_dracula
Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Creator says:

"I'm going to take some time and think about this battle and then post my reply."

THANK YOU

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post Deleted.

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts