#1 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

the ice queen, jadis of narnia asembles her army 10,000 to invade middle earth of lord of the ring realm.

saruman the corrupted white sorceror of lord of the rings had only prepared 5,000 of his troops to battle the fellowship of the ring and it's allies. but from the flank, jadis and her army charges in.

who wins this battle and why?

bonus question:
jadis and saruman fight. hand to hand and magic. who wins?

#2 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

what? nobody???

#3 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

Sarumon.

#4 Posted by Ptero (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Ice queen.

Minotaurs are much stronger then orcs.

Plus, ice queen has air support and can instantly kill anything that comes close with her 1 hit KO wand.

#5 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30156 posts) - - Show Bio

Saruman had much better technology and more ruthless soldiers. Plus, those pikes were designed to cause as much damage to cavalry as possible in the initial charge, meaning if they come from a distance on a level field, the pikes would skewer larger foes with ease.

Uruk-hai were more ruthless from what I saw, especially Berserkers, and they had crossbows (much more powerful than longbows and stuff of that kind).

Your bonus question - Jadis. Saruman may be powerful, but he's old.

#6 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30156 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait. She has twice the number of troops he has plus she's coming from a flank. Of course she's going to win, it's tactical superiority.

#7 Posted by Avantar (385 posts) - - Show Bio
Warsman said:
"Wait. She has twice the number of troops he has plus she's coming from a flank. Of course she's going to win, it's tactical superiority."
Coming from what flank?
#8 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

from the sides sauruman's army is not facing.

#9 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30156 posts) - - Show Bio

You made a battle Saruman can't possibly win. Even with his powers Jadis can just counter them.

#10 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio
Warsman said:
"You made a battle Saruman can't possibly win. Even with his powers Jadis can just counter them."

jadis is also a master of hand to hand combat. and she's immortal. i don't think saruman is immortal.

but against the two armys.

Jadis 10,000 flanks saruman's 5,000 orcs. but he calls in reinforcements of an additional 5,000 Uruk-hai warriors
#11 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30156 posts) - - Show Bio
Ego said:
"Warsman said:
"You made a battle Saruman can't possibly win. Even with his powers Jadis can just counter them."

jadis is also a master of hand to hand combat. and she's immortal. i don't think saruman is immortal.

but against the two armys.

Jadis 10,000 flanks saruman's 5,000 orcs. but he calls in reinforcements of an additional 5,000 Uruk-hai warriors"

Three things I want to ask you about this.
  1. Which direction are the reinforcements coming from (one of the flanks, behind Jadis's army, from the same direction Saruman's pushing from)?
  2. How far away are they from the battle?
  3. Where is this taking place anyway? Terrain's a major factor in warfare like this.
#12 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. the reinforcements are comming from behind sarumans  front.
  2. they are appx 1 mile away until they heard the horn play. now they turn around and march back to aid their allies.
  3. since Jadis is the one attacking; they are not to far from saruman's castle and the terrain resembles a waist land.

to be noted.

jadis doesn't just charge in.

out of the 10,000 army of golbins, bears, tigers, minatars, etc etc..

she placed 1,000 of her archers on the left side of where Saruman's army is facing.

100 boulder launchers are place directly in front of saruman's army. but each of the boulder units can luanch 1 boulder only.

After the air assults Jadis commands on 5,000 of her troops to charce in on saruman's ground taking a big risk on the terrain; but she is comfortable with the idea because of the air raid assult.

now that 5,000 of jadis army is invading less than 5,000 sarumans army the reinforcements come in behind sarumans front lint enforcing a PUSH strategy to take out jadis army.

#13 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30156 posts) - - Show Bio

Warsman said:

"Saruman had much better technology and more ruthless soldiers. Plus, those pikes were designed to cause as much damage to cavalry as possible in the initial charge, meaning if they come from a distance on a level field, the pikes would skewer larger foes with ease.

Uruk-hai were more ruthless from what I saw, especially Berserkers, and they had crossbows (much more powerful than longbows and stuff of that kind).

Your bonus question - Jadis. Saruman may be powerful, but he's old."

Like I said before.

#14 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC the Ice Queen's army in the books numbered a few hundred.  Narnia is a relatively small country and can't support the larger ones that Saruman can.

Well in this setting Jadis outnumbers Saruman 2:1 so I'd go with her.  Of course a lot depends on troop type but they both have a fairly large number of creature types to call on.

Hand to hand though Jadis would take it.  She's a giantess.  Saruman might have an edge magically but Jadis was the most powerful sorceress in her dying world before coming to Naria.  I'll look it up later.

#15 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio
@MisterGuyMan said:
" IIRC the Ice Queen's army in the books numbered a few hundred.  Narnia is a relatively small country and can't support the larger ones that Saruman can.  Well in this setting Jadis outnumbers Saruman 2:1 so I'd go with her.  Of course a lot depends on troop type but they both have a fairly large number of creature types to call on.  Hand to hand though Jadis would take it.  She's a giantess.  Saruman might have an edge magically but Jadis was the most powerful sorceress in her dying world before coming to Naria.  I'll look it up later. "
You are correct on all counts.
#16 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm... here's an interesting tidibit that I forgot.  Jadis uttered the Deporable Word to destroy all life in her old homeworld of Charn.  That's some pretty impressive magic.

#17 Posted by Ellocobruja (559 posts) - - Show Bio

This is all Jadis 
You out in her in the best position with already better troops. 

And Jadis was holding back because she was arrogant about winning. 
If whe went all out she could take the army out on her own