• 124 results
Edited 9 months, 11 days ago

Poll: I want to see *insert name here* in the Batman Battle of the Month!!!! (127 votes)

Boba Fett 6%
Doctor Octopus (pre-medical condition, titanium arms) 3%
Green Goblin 7%
Bullseye 2%
Iron Fist 9%
Beast 3%
Nightcrawler 7%
Mystique 3%
Blade 3%
Hellboy 6%
Snake Eyes 12%
Psylocke 3%
Silver Samuari 6%
Shocker 7%
Galactus AMIRITE? (Seriously, don't vote for this. No, don't. I SAID DON'T! Ugh, you did, didn't you? So not funny.) 17%
I'd like to see movie or animated Batman fight someone. Don't worry, I'll elaborate below because I'm helpful! 6%

Just tossing some names out there to see what you all would like. Some are characters I'm definitely going to use, others are there just to test the waters and see how you all feel about them. Thanks.

#51 Edited by GraniteSoldier (8589 posts) - - Show Bio

Snake Eyes would be an epic battle, as would Boba Fett. If you limit Iron Fist's chi he'd be a good skill vs skill matchup.

If you take away magical gear, I think Artemis Entreri might be an interesting matchup like @floopay said, I honestly think Drizzt, even sans magical gear, is too much for Bruce.

#52 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22701 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted for movie or cartoon.

I'd like to see:

Batman [Nolan] vs Big Daddy & Hit-Girl

Not on the list I'd like to see a Batman vs Master Chief

ahh, thats been so many times though.... That said that's the only battle I could possibly win "viner argument of the week". Anyway, even if proved that BD and HG would win, popularity would stomp with batman being the winner.

#53 Posted by RogueShadow (11530 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

I'd like to see:

ahh, thats been so many times though.... That said that's the only battle I could possibly win "viner argument of the week". Anyway, even if proved that BD and HG would win, popularity would stomp with batman being the winner.

Really? I think the 2 of them together would win.

#54 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22701 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@rogueshadow said:

I'd like to see:

Really? I think the 2 of them together would win.

Win in my mind, and probably the debates, but Batman would win votes, cause he's batman.

#55 Posted by lukehero (10672 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are some of my Suggestions(Hope None Of These Has Been Done Yet);

1. Misty Knight
  2. Paladin
  3. Spiderwoman(Drew)
  4. Hulkling
  5. Wolfman
  6. M
  7. Gorgon
  8. Nightcrawler
  9. Fantomex
  10. Mystique
#56 Posted by Shawnbaby (10868 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman 90's animated series vs Captain America Avengers EMH/Assemble

#57 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: And all the smart people that actually know Taskmaster's feats (from what I saw that included you, i like swords, sharkbite, and dondave) said he would win.

Here's the logical responses:

"#36 Edited by i_like_swords (5172 posts) - 6 months, 6 days ago - Show Bio

When it comes down to it, knowledge is power, and that is something Taskmaster is ripe with. He's taken the best styles from multiple high tier street levellers. Batman is one guy, essentially fighting against a whole selection of others guys on and off. One minute it's Cap, next it's Daredevil. Next minute he's dodging Hawkeye quality arrow shots or Punisher sniper rifle shots. Taskmaster doesn't need to copy Batman to beat him. All he has to do is keep mixing it up, and at the same time, Bruce will eventually have nothing new to throw at him."

"You and everyone else who voted for Batman using that reasoning have a flawed view on this fight. Taskmaster doesn't need to use Batmans moves against him. All he has to, and will, do, is learn Batmans fighting style, while using the multitude of styles he already has, and eventually Bruce won't have anything left to throw at Taskmaster the he hasn't already learnt. A while into the fight Taskmaster will be able to read him like a book. And Batmans gadgets, again, aren't there to be utilized by Taskmaster. They'll be useless if anything. The guy has Daredevils reflexes, you really think a batarang will hit him?"

"#19 Posted by Sharkbite (279 posts) - 6 months, 6 days ago - Show Bio

I believe Taskmaster has the edge.

Learning Batman's fighting style is not just about being able to turn it against him, it also gives Taskmaster the advantage of being able to use the hundreds of other incredible fighting styles he's learned in order to better defend against Batman.

In addition, Taskmaster does not simply learn melee combat styles. He shoots like Hawkeye. He can use a sniper rifle like Punisher. He is a crack shot with virtually every weapon imaginable; he can even throw a boomerang like Captain Boomerang.

Taskmaster is equal to Batman in the areas where Batman is strong, and Taskmaster is strong as well in all the areas where Batman is just "average".

Truth be told, there is only one way that Batman defeats Taskmaster. He opens the Wayne Foundation checkbook and hands him a pile of money to take the dive."

This is only from page 1 and all the people voting for Batman on that page alone obviously didn't know much about Taskmaster. I never got through the rest.

#58 Posted by Wolverine08 (45025 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19: Read post #56 that was highlighted by for Viner Argument of the Week.

#59 Posted by Perethorn (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Also, SHOCKER IS TIED FOR FIRST?!

No, I'm not counting the Galactus votes.

:(

#60 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: He made a very nice argument and I agree with it especially because of his last two sentences:

"So while I honestly might give Taskmaster the edge in skill, I do see Bruce's skill being perfectly capable of facing Taskmaster and with the terrain being a city (perfect for the Dark Knight) and his mindset and versatility in his equipment will end up carrying him to a slim majority of 6/10. If this were a serious Taskmaster though, I'd probably say the inverse, but for now I say the Bats takes it."

My downfall is that any battle with Taskmaster, I take it as a serious non jobbing Tasky and he agreed that if Tasky was serious then he would take a majority and I agree 100%

#61 Posted by Wolverine08 (45025 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: So.... Yeah.... Wonderful weather we're- HA hell no! I cant even say that without laughing its freaking -20 every freaking day in freaking Chicago....

*fixes posture*

Hows it going?

#63 Posted by GhostRavage (9297 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see Dr. Octopus... He barely gets mentioned in the Vine besides SpOck.

#64 Posted by BigCimmerian (8665 posts) - - Show Bio

I VOTED FOR GALACTUS

#65 Posted by MonsterStomp (19852 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassandra Cain should fight someone :o

#66 Posted by laflux (17493 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Okay, what about using Batman from The Batman, or any of the expanded cast. There is about 4 seasons of Material there, and the added bonus is that alot of Characters differ from other T.V adaptions in that they are skilled combatants

#67 Posted by Wolverine08 (45025 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19: It's been good. It's quite cold where I live as well.

#68 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: That's good. Where are you from again? I know I've asked before but I forgot lol.

#69 Posted by Wolverine08 (45025 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Ahh that's right. You usually do have [somewhat] the same weather as us.

#71 Posted by GhostRavage (9297 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I agree... Batman's serious character and deductive thinking will prove as an excellent counter for Taskmaster's "loose" character. Batman is more skilled and smarter as well, definitely takes a majority over him. But as far as deadliness goes, if Taskmaster is given "prep time" say to analyze Batman's combat style, he's surely more than capable of holding his own and turn things to his advantage.

It would be an awesome fight nonetheless.

#72 Posted by Wolverine08 (45025 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: What if Batman makes him scared like Moon Knight did? :D

#73 Edited by GhostRavage (9297 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Em... Don't even mention that man, honestly, i don't know where that happened... Maybe in Moon Knight's solo? Anyway, i find Tasky getting scared of Moon Knight incredibly irritating :/

On the other hand, i think Taskmaster would find Batman most intriguing.

#74 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@k4tzm4n: Though Silver Samuari is my favorite option, the ones I've wanted to see are:

• X (Dark Horse)
  • Ghost (Dark Horse)
  • Conan the Barbarian (Dark Horse)
  • Drizzt Do'Urden (IDW and Devil's Due Comics)
  • Artemis Entreri (IDW and Devil's Due Comics)
  • Frank Castle (Marvel)
  • Frank Castle (Marvel) (Punisher Max)
  • Ultimate Wolverine (Marvel)
  • Shang Chi (Marvel)
  • Tony Masters (Marvel)
  • Frank Miller Batman vs. New 52 Batman (DC)

I dunno if any of these look interesting, but just a quick list to see if any of these would be interesting for future battles. I think X vs. Batman would be awesome.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I also agree X would be an amazing fight.

On a personal note I'd like to see Psylocke.

#75 Posted by Wolverine08 (45025 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: You have to acknowledge that showing! Batman strikes FEAR into the hearts of other men!

#76 Edited by GhostRavage (9297 posts) - - Show Bio
#77 Posted by senglord (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

Iirc Ultimate Wolverine is nowhere near as durable as classic? If so, there will be much more debate on the outcome, as Ultimate Universe does not mess around with dead characters. We will have all there is to know on alt Logan.

#78 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertloucksjr: @floopay: You guys really think Batman can take on Taskmaster?

If so then that's the battle i want to see because I've got to see the arguments for that.

Lets not forget Tony Masters is borderline insane, not anywhere near Batman in terms of intelligence, and has nowhere near the standard equipment of the Bat. He's been beaten before, and though I would side with Tony on that fight, I can definitely see an argument in either direction.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#79 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@senglord said:

Iirc Ultimate Wolverine is nowhere near as durable as classic? If so, there will be much more debate on the outcome, as Ultimate Universe does not mess around with dead characters. We will have all there is to know on alt Logan.

That's false, Ultimate Logan is as durable as classic Logan. The only difference in terms of durability is that Ultimate Logan doesn't have adamantium ligaments, and therefore his muscles and goings can be separated. In terms of skills and feats though, the two are relative equals.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#80 Posted by Wolverine08 (45025 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@senglord said:

That's false, Ultimate Logan is as durable as classic Logan. The only difference in terms of durability is that Ultimate Logan doesn't have adamantium ligaments, and therefore his muscles and goings can be separated. In terms of skills and feats though, the two are relative equals.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Besides the instance being noted to have a lot of martial arts in his head, Ultimate Wolverine hasn't done much to say he's a technical equal to 616 Wolverine, and the lack of adamantium joints and ligaments do make him essentially less durable.

#81 Edited by Xwraith (20436 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of these, Psylocke.

#82 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@senglord said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Besides the instance being noted to have a lot of martial arts in his head, Ultimate Wolverine hasn't done much to say he's a technical equal to 616 Wolverine, and the lack of adamantium joints and ligaments do make him essentially less durable.

Though I can agree on some level, I use the term "relative" equals for a reason. I put Ultimate Wolverine on the same level, and can easily say he can mirror his mainstream counterpart. He has plenty of feats that support this idea, and he's proven himself to be worthy of that title.

That being said, if you put 616-Wolverine vs. Ultimate Wolverine, I would with 616 Wolverine. He's proven himself to be better in general, and though it would be a good fight; it's more than fair to say if a victor must be declared, it would be him.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#83 Posted by Jmarshmallow (9848 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus is winning.

That's why I love ComicVine.

Jmarshmallow

#84 Posted by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Galactus.

#85 Posted by senglord (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher vs Batman would be an interesting one. Especially since Frank Castle is a legitimate peak human by his feats and stats. And Batman has shown to be almost twice that in terms of lofts and three I terms of feats. Especially speed and reflexes. Hence the good fight. If we assume legitimate peak human, Bruce stands no chance. If we go by even his New 52 feats, he has the skills to make a real fight with Marvel's killing machine of vengeance.

#86 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Posted by Jokerpoker (2976 posts) - - Show Bio

Boba Fett vs Batman would definitely be awesome!

#88 Edited by JediXMan (31220 posts) - - Show Bio

Boba.

PS: I thought you said you weren't doing these anymore? Glad you are, though.

#89 Edited by k4tzm4n (50950 posts) - - Show Bio

Snake Eyes fans: I won't lie, I haven't been the biggest follower of the GI Comics. It seems like the biggest issue will be considering what is and isn't canon for the character since he's been under multiple publishers.

@jedixman Just not doing the weekly battle. Coming up with unique matches was a lot of effort and the traffic was so inconsistent. Batman Battle of the Month tends to have a steady amount of views.

#90 Posted by NICK31898 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Doc ock would be an unfair fight.

#91 Posted by DaseanComerWCR (888 posts) - - Show Bio
#92 Posted by DaseanComerWCR (888 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@k4tzm4n: Though Silver Samuari is my favorite option, the ones I've wanted to see are:

• X (Dark Horse)
  • Ghost (Dark Horse)
  • Conan the Barbarian (Dark Horse)
  • Drizzt Do'Urden (IDW and Devil's Due Comics)
  • Artemis Entreri (IDW and Devil's Due Comics)
  • Frank Castle (Marvel)
  • Frank Castle (Marvel) (Punisher Max)
  • Ultimate Wolverine (Marvel)
  • Shang Chi (Marvel)
  • Tony Masters (Marvel)
  • Frank Miller Batman vs. New 52 Batman (DC)

I dunno if any of these look interesting, but just a quick list to see if any of these would be interesting for future battles. I think X vs. Batman would be awesome.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

By all means create them with a little splash of dare devil :)

#93 Posted by Bezza (3832 posts) - - Show Bio

I went Green Goblin, like the idea of two guys matching up who use trick bombs and stuff..

#94 Posted by k4tzm4n (50950 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess I'll save Galactus for April.

Maybe.

#95 Posted by ShenKuei (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not on the list but what about Dynamite's The Shadow? It's a fun series that needs more attention and it would be cool to see Batman go up against one of the biggest inspirations for his character.

#96 Posted by k4tzm4n (50950 posts) - - Show Bio

There miiiiiiiiight be a new match next week...

#97 Posted by Wolverine08 (45025 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Don't tease us like that!

#98 Posted by k4tzm4n (50950 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Don't tease us like that!

But really, there will be one.

#99 Edited by Arathorn_II (313 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see L (Death Note, for if you've been living under a rock) vs Batman. Who can figure out the others real name, before the other does...

#100 Posted by RustyRoy (13532 posts) - - Show Bio

I wan't to see The Batman (Animated) (2005) fight MCU Captain America.

This.