#351 Posted by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@docnick: Bullhawk is using some of Hawkeyes gear like his bow isn't he? Also Hawkeye can't use Bullseye/Hawkeye feats as far as I'm aware. Same with Bucky/Cap. Bucky using Caps weapons.

#352 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@docnick:

Mine uses arrows while yours uses whatever.

#353 Edited by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: why don't we start it now and allow the spots to fill later?

The longer it takes, the more people leave.

#354 Edited by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: why don't we start it now and allow the spots to fill later?

I'm in favor of this idea. Right now we have two teams at near completion and one empty slot. As soon as those teams are ready we have 7/8 matches and are only waiting on one team.

If any of you can recommend this tourney to someone to help fill the slot that would help. I'll start round 1 soon.

#355 Posted by nickthedevil (12430 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright.

Watch what I mean when the debating begins...

#356 Edited by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@docnick: I think it'll be alright, it's not like there's tons of clones going around. Just two guys with different gear. If there is issues it'll be a lesson for the future and we'll get through it lol.

#357 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4411 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Okay as long as he's alright, I'm fine with continuing on.

#358 Edited by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001: God damn yes you're back. And the other slot has been filled, looks like round 1 is starting with 16 teams sooner than I thought.

#359 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: I think the Claymore Crew is a bit above the tournament limits, to be completely honest. Just an FYI. The other thing is whether or not Hercule being hit so hard he flew 10 miles away and got up without a scratch is considered canon.

Magic: Hmmmmmmmm.... I have a list of characters with magic equipment. I was wondering if that's allowed. Conjuring daggers for throwing, making his steps silent, etc. etc. Obviously nothing crazy like indestructible equipment, or something that summons hordes of monsters or anything, but things that have enhanced cutting power (not unlimited, moreso allows a normal sword to cut through obsidian or enhanced metals with mild effort, rather than being incapable of cutting something like that), enhanced defense (again, nothing crazy, or even more powerful than Batman's suit), or improve the user's speed mildly (well below speed limit still). Things like that.

Additionally, I have a character who has magical wands with spells in them. However, none of them are over the energy projection limit. He also has teleportation items, but obviously I can just simply argue as if he didn't have those, they aren't essential to his arsenal.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#360 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24853 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: I don't see how the Claymore crew is above the limit, the Clare I'm using is BEFORE she trained with Irena I do not see her above the limit. Miata does not have any feats that put her above the limit and we know Raki is not and Clarice is almsot laughable compared to other Claymores.

#361 Posted by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: In what aspect are they too much? Eh, has he got any other durability feats other than that, that are canon? If not we could say that it isn't canon and move on from there.

If all your magical equipment is within the rules as you described then go for it. What kind of spells are we talking and how powerful? Would you personally consider them street level, or atleast suitable for the tourney?

#362 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: I don't see how the Claymore crew is above the limit, the Clare I'm using is BEFORE she trained with Irena I do not see her above the limit. Miata does not have any feats that put her above the limit and we know Raki is not and Clarice is almsot laughable compared to other Claymores.

Claymore Crew - Oh, I thought you were using the crew, as in, most recent versions. I was gonna say, wtf are you trying to get away with, Clare is hypersonic at this point! :P

@floopay: In what aspect are they too much? Eh, has he got any other durability feats other than that, that are canon? If not we could say that it isn't canon and move on from there.

If all your magical equipment is within the rules as you described then go for it. What kind of spells are we talking and how powerful? Would you personally consider them street level, or atleast suitable for the tourney?

Hercule - I haven't watched/read DBZ in years, and I was just inquiring as to how canon that particular feat is, as I don't remember it overly well, I do remember it happened.

Wands

Fireball - Greatest feat as of now is it blew apart a single caravan wagon (think Oregon Trail sized wagon).

Lightning - A single bolt of lightning, but much less powerful than a real bolt of lightning. However, it would kill a normal person (much like Cyclops's attack would), but people with higher durability, pain tolerance, and etc. seem to be able to tank them and continue fighting, though most definitely still hurt.

Sticky Goo - Creates a 10-15 foot in diameter area of stick goo, however, it starts off as a bullet sized projectile, and is rendered useless if it doesn't actually strike the person. However, if it does stick them....well, it's pretty durability, would be a hard one to get out of!

Warmth - Renders people immune to the harsh conditions of cold environments.

Teleportation - Obviously not allowed

Overall: With the exception of teleportation I'd think they are fine. The Sticky one might be borderline, but because it's not exactly a bullet speed projectile, it's something that can be dodged pretty easily if someone knows it's coming or sees him launch it, I would say it's about right.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#363 Edited by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: That all sounds fine, pitch me your team so I can start round 1!

#364 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24853 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: You know I would not do that to people here Floops that would be murder =P

#365 Edited by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio
#366 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

One final confirmation. Whether or not you allow or disallow them won't change my team, just what equipment they can use. What are you rules on abilities to create allies (Jamie Maddrox duping, someone summoning shadow clones, summoning pets, etc.)?

My Team:

• Drizzt Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms)
  • Jarlaxle D'aerthe (Forgotten Realms)
  • Zaknafein Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms)
  • Artemis Entreri (Forgotten Realms)

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#367 Edited by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@i_like_swords:

One final confirmation. Whether or not you allow or disallow them won't change my team, just what equipment they can use. What are you rules on abilities to create allies (Jamie Maddrox duping, someone summoning shadow clones, summoning pets, etc.)?

My Team:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

No duping. No shadow clones. I did however allow someone to have one small pet which aids their master in combat. Nothing game breaking but I'll allow something like that. Your team is definitely all within the tournaments rules in terms of physical stats and their powers? In that case I'll add your team.

#368 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@i_like_swords:

My Team:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

No duping. No shadow clones. I did however allow someone to have one small pet which aids their master in combat. Nothing game breaking but I'll allow something like that. Your team is definitely all within the tournaments rules in terms of physical stats and their powers? In that case I'll add your team.

Powers:

Globe of Darkness - Creates a globe in a 20 foot radius that obscured all normal vision, infravision, ultra violet vision, etc. 3 of my characters can do this 4 times per day, lasts about 5 minutes.

Levitation - Can levitate straight up and down, but not in any direction. Three of my characters can do this once per day.

Faerie Fire - Lights an opponent up in purple and blue flames. Does not harm them at all, just illuminates them to be easier to see. Three of my characters can do this whenever they want. Lasts about 5 minutes.

Physical Stats:

All within the rules, I could elaborate further, but I can assure you they are all within the limits provided. None of them are more durable than Batman or Deadshot in their suits.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#369 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24853 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: No I meant if I would have taken that version of Clare, this version is not stomping anyone here.

#370 Posted by joewell (6365 posts) - - Show Bio
#371 Posted by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 is about to start

The teams are just about complete so with that I will now begin round 1. I've made match ups and they all look pretty interesting. The debating will go on from now until this time next week. Obviously some matches may end quicker in which case I'll open voting sooner.
eight victors enter into round 2. four into round 3. And just two will be left in the finals. The rounds will all have their own unique settings, so I hope you have all picked a well-rounded team. Now that that is out of the way, I will begin creating the match ups! Good luck everyone. If I have any advice; be thorough in your points and leave out no details. Enjoy!

Bob wishes you all the best of luck.

@dccomicsrule2011 @thatguywithheadphones @joeagentofhand1 @sync1 @captaindoeo @docnick @diredrill @omgomgwtfwtf @the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk @sovereign91001 @veitha @juiceboks @cadencev2 @vintage_spiderman @joewell @floopay

On a side note. Since Diredrill is a judge as well as a participant, I will need one of you to volunteer to judge his fight, since he can't judge himself. You will only have to judge his matches, nobody elses. If any of you are interested let me know. Thanks in advance.

Judges

@dondave @thedarklordpandamonium @jokergeist @diredrill - The matches are starting and will be taking place this week. Keep a close eye on the matches and be ready to make your votes this time next week. Matches may end early so if they do I'll open voting early. Thanks for helping the tournament out in the form of judging. One other thing; when you make your votes, please give a decent explanation about why you chose someone, and base it off their arguments, not just their team!

#372 Posted by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: small pets. that thing is a damn dragon!!

#373 Posted by joewell (6365 posts) - - Show Bio
#374 Posted by joewell (6365 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, are you posting matches tonight?

#375 Edited by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

Also, are you posting matches tonight?

Yes, all of them hopefully.

#376 Edited by sync1 (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords I'm excited. Trying to clear my schedule so i can fully debate. GL Everyone.

#377 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10064 posts) - - Show Bio

What's this!? Mr. Satan has already declared victory! Unbelievable!

#378 Edited by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio
#379 Posted by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@captaindoeo: With a link? I made your match and tagged you.

#380 Posted by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 you can probably work out by process of elimination that your opponent is @vintage_spiderman. As soon as he gives me his fourth member I'll create your match.

#381 Edited by Nuffs (714 posts) - - Show Bio
#382 Edited by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@nuffs: Round 1 has already started, but if vintage_spiderman doesn't give me a full team in one day you'll be the next choice.

#383 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@nuffs: Round 1 has already started, but if vintage_spiderman doesn't give me a full team in one day you'll be the next choice.

#384 Edited by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Your match is up. Looks quite interesting.

#385 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#387 Edited by nickthedevil (12430 posts) - - Show Bio

Well frack.

#388 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24853 posts) - - Show Bio
#389 Posted by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: I changed it because battles have been finishing pretty quickly and there's no need to drag them on. Less for the judges to read. Plus I'm going on holiday soon so I want to try and start Round 2 before I go away.

#390 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24853 posts) - - Show Bio
#391 Posted by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio
#392 Posted by nickthedevil (12430 posts) - - Show Bio

Well hell. The clinic doesn't let me leave until 1600 sometimes.

#393 Edited by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogues: I'll give you extra time for this.

#394 Posted by nickthedevil (12430 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogues: I'll give you extra time for this.

Don't bother. but thanks.

my opponent says he's done.

#395 Posted by i_like_swords (14363 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogues: Alright, I'll open it up then!

#396 Edited by nickthedevil (12430 posts) - - Show Bio