#1 Posted by The Ruskan (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hyperion would win. Any thoughts?

#2 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Horny Hulk trying to rape Wolverine in that pic? No means no.

#3 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

LMMFAO!!!! I say stalemate

#4 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion says, "WTF? Horny Hulk?"

#5 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

LMMFAO. The name is funny but disturbing.

#6 Posted by Blackjuggy (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion. no explanation, actually the name sounds better.

#7 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

=======

vs

Superman wins.

#8 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

It really depends on which Superman and which Hyperion we're talking about.

#9 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

definately supes

#10 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it really does depend on which version

#11 Posted by Darkchild (41005 posts) - - Show Bio

i think if it were the Hyperion from the Exiles series he would definatly win he would hold nothing back

#12 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Well than I guess Hyperion would win.

#13 Posted by Invisible alien (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Superman will win

#14 Posted by Inferno Kid (311 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hyperion would win

#15 Posted by Inferno Kid (311 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#16 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

If we are talking about the following 2 versions,

Superman - Current continuity (from Action comics etc but not All Star Superman).

Hyperion - One from Squadron Supreme (not King Hyperion from Exiles or Hyperion as in Supreme Power).

Although Hyperion was originally a Marvel copy of Superman, Superman wins as each of his powers is at least 1 magnitude + higher than Hyperions.

This is a common distinction between Marvel and DC heroes.

Although Hyperion has pretty much all the same powers, his ability levels have been tailored to fit in to the Marvel Universes power hierarchy - which is correspondingly lower than DC's.

Anyway you cut it, Supes is stronger, faster, more invulnerable and has hotter heat vision than Hyperion.

#17 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion is more interresting as a character.

#18 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Interest is in the eye of the beholder. Or maybe the Beyonder.

Still don't get why people think the Marvel U is less powerful than DC (especially when they also back Marvel characters in a fight). Marvel has it's powerful characters like Thor, Silver Surfer, Galactus etc. So no, I don't think Hyperion's powers will automatically be one magnitude less (whatever a magnitude is in this instance) than Superman's.

#19 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually Hyperion is a longitude more powerful than Superman.

#20 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Interest is in the eye of the beholder. Or maybe the Beyonder. Still don't get why people think the Marvel U is less powerful than DC (especially when they also back Marvel characters in a fight). Marvel has it's powerful characters like Thor, Silver Surfer, Galactus etc. So no, I don't think Hyperion's powers will automatically be one magnitude less (whatever a magnitude is in this instance) than Superman's."

Thank you. DC's character's are more overpowered but it doesn't even matter because well... everybody will counter everybody and reality will cease to exist.

#21 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Interest is in the eye of the beholder. Or maybe the Beyonder. Still don't get why people think the Marvel U is less powerful than DC (especially when they also back Marvel characters in a fight). Marvel has it's powerful characters like Thor, Silver Surfer, Galactus etc. So no, I don't think Hyperion's powers will automatically be one magnitude less (whatever a magnitude is in this instance) than Superman's."

Superman can lift millions of tonnes, survive low megatonnage nuclear strikes, catch all the bullets from multiple automatic guns fired at a crowd, fly at tens of thousands of miles per hour and his senses are immensly amplified.

When did you see Hyperion perform these same level of activities ? Never!

Yes we have seen him smash through battle tanks, get hit by Thor's hammer, NOT snatch bullets from the air and fly at a couple of thousand mph (in space where there is less friction).

The Marvekl Universe characters were rather shortsightedly described on a 100 tonne lifting scale. Hyperion was originally put in at 75 tonnes (Thor at just over 100 tonnes). Compared to their feats of strength that they perform like tearing apart a tank armour which would require hundreds to thouisands of tonnes of applied force, this confirms a much higher strength requirement. However, Hyperion has never been shown to be able to lift an object as heavy as say the Great Pyramid in Egypt. This is the level is Superman's strength.

When I say at least a magnitude higher it means a factor of 10 bigger i.e. 100 is a factor of magnitude bigger than 10.

So Superman wins.

#22 Posted by The Ruskan (6 posts) - - Show Bio

So you've never been horny before. So when Bruce gets horny he'll turn into the ultimate beasts.

#23 Posted by Shattered Hand (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Superman mostly because the guy has been around a helluva lot longer than Hyperion. The sheer feats of strength that he pulls out of his ass every crisis never ceases to amaze me :P Plus he beat Superboy Prime...true say he had a lil bit of help but that guy was a monster!

#24 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

They're just the same guy in alternate universes. Like Marvel's one above and all and dc's whatever guy. It ends in stalemate

#25 Posted by Logic Mark II (105 posts) - - Show Bio

If you say they are the same level then i would give it to Hyperion since he is a killer. But i do believe Superman has been SHOWN to be more powerful than most incarnations of Hyperion so the big S has success.

#26 Posted by PowerHerc (85058 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is so much more powerful in ever way to any incaration/version of Hyperion.  
I really like both of these characters, but, once again, the original beats the rip-off.  Superman wins.

#27 Posted by Fist_of_Mandalore (1879 posts) - - Show Bio

Why was this bumped, lol.

#28 Posted by PowerHerc (85058 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fist_of_Mandalore:

I did it because I like both of these characters and i thought it'd be interesting to see what others thought about this match.
#29 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
" @Fist_of_Mandalore: I did it because I like both of these characters and i thought it'd be interesting to see what others thought about this match. "
superman probably wins..i dont know why im just leaning towards him...