IM just gonna leave this here.

No Caption Provided

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Superman wins. Superman wins even when he is attacked with kryptonite. Superman beats even omnipotent imps from the 5th dimension. It's more than just raw power with Superman. He's the man! He has strategy, he is also an inventor, a thinker a schemer and Hyperion is just outclassed!

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18:

And? Superman would be hurt by Hulk's punches as well.

Superman wins. Superman wins even when he is attacked with kryptonite. Superman beats even omnipotent imps from the 5th dimension. It's more than just raw power with Superman. He's the man! He has strategy, he is also an inventor, a thinker a schemer and Hyperion is just outclassed!

And still was defeated many times... Besides we're talking about new Superman.

@toptom said:

@green_skaar said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@patrat18 said:

@bigcimmerian: New 52? and what was the story behind this?

It was during the first appearance of Bane in new 52. He drugged Batman, Supes came to see what is going on and then he was attacked by wild Batman.

I suppose Bane has near light speed combat speed, since according to CV that's what's required to hit Superman...

of course that is the purest example of pis.

However..if the universal feat is tested and true, Hiperion wins this. If not, Kal should be more than capable to put him down.

Why? Terminus got one-shotted by Hyperion and Hyperion was able to hold two planets, while Supeman hold only one.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By toptom

@czarny_samael666: When i was talking about the "universal feat" in that feat we also have Hyperion probably (and i mean probably) holding two planets. We don't know what really happend in that moment, but since the author has said he will explain that moment again i am going to choose a winner when that feat is clarified. Plus holding the weight of the earth wasn't his maximum limit even if he wasn't at full power...but even with such a feat for now we really can't tell who wins this in my opinion.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Blackdog2009

@czarny_samael666: I'm talking about new Supes too. He wins. Again, Hyperion is outclassed.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By SOG7dc

Lots of you guys are cherry picking supermans low showings.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don´t know what there is to discuss about Hyperions strength....i mean it is stated on panel:"Hyperion held them apart....:" i don´t care what it looks like or if he actually touches anything it is written there. How much more obvious can a feat be?

MonsieurSharqc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MonsieurSharqc

@jgames said:

Cheap copy win

Cheap Copy?Look i know i'm new here but isnt Superman an based on character?I mean he's the first superhero yeah but at first he wasnt flying didnt he Copy Captain Marvel on that level and the fact that Lex Luthor baldness has to give credit to Doctor Sivana at least from this reference

<<While its lawsuit against Fawcett was still pending, a few of the elements unique to the Captain Marvel strip found their way into Superman comics, including making Superman fly, Superman's arch-villain Lex Luthor a bald "mad scientist" like Captain Marvel's Dr. Sivana, and introducing the adventures of Superman as a teenager under the title Superboy, after Captain Marvel's teenaged sidekick Captain Marvel, Jr. proved to be popular......>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Comics_Publications_v._Fawcett_Publications#Pre-trial

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@czarny_samael666: People tend to forget Hulk has a similar feat of shaking the earth with punches, and he wasn't even mad... And by far, the best striker among a bunch of people including Superman.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

Cheap copy win

Cheap Copy?Look i know i'm new here but isnt Superman an based on character?I mean he's the first superhero yeah but at first he wasnt flying didnt he Copy Captain Marvel on that level and the fact that Lex Luthor baldness has to give credit to Doctor Sivana at least from this reference

<<While its lawsuit against Fawcett was still pending, a few of the elements unique to the Captain Marvel strip found their way into Superman comics, including making Superman fly, Superman's arch-villain Lex Luthor a bald "mad scientist" like Captain Marvel's Dr. Sivana, and introducing the adventures of Superman as a teenager under the title Superboy, after Captain Marvel's teenaged sidekick Captain Marvel, Jr. proved to be popular......>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Comics_Publications_v._Fawcett_Publications#Pre-trial

PWNT

Well done @monsieursharqc

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@nighthunder: Just to let you know regarding that one scan. That was basically directly after his infamous New 52 lifting weight, which drained him of solar energy and he even states as he flies up to recharge that he doesn't have time to replenish all his energy that he lost during those past several days:

No Caption Provided

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: You know for someone who practically begged me to leave them alone, you sure are trying to get my attention. Oh and very mature.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically superman should win here because he is the only one who has battle feats of any repute. He's shown to be faster and a stronger striker than Hyperion. And let's not kid ourselves guys Hyperion is a superman amalgam. That's a fact

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Technically superman should win here because he is the only one who has battle feats of any repute. He's shown to be faster and a stronger striker than Hyperion. And let's not kid ourselves guys Hyperion is a superman amalgam. That's a fact

So?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: This much is true. But in all fairness to Hyperion, he hasn't been given too much time to shine in comparison to Supes. IMO all the really cool badass feats of lately have been given to Thor, and maybe it's unfair seeing as Thor has his own monthly title. Besides the events that happened down in the Savage Land, I'm still waiting for Hyperion to REALLY cut loose and see what he can do. I still think Superman wins this fight too, but mainly cause of more feats....imho

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I responding to someone denying that fact. Idc about him being an amalgam (I love sentry an majestic) but it's just folly to deny it

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: This much is true. But in all fairness to Hyperion, he hasn't been given too much time to shine in comparison to Supes. IMO all the really cool badass feats of lately have been given to Thor, and maybe it's unfair seeing as Thor has his own monthly title. Besides the events that happened down in the Savage Land, I'm still waiting for Hyperion to REALLY cut loose and see what he can do. I still think Superman wins this fight too, but mainly cause of more feats....imho

Hickman seems to indicate we are going to see a lot of Hyperion in the future, so we might have a much better picture in a year from now what Hyperion is capable of.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: Really? I hope so! I was really hoping his fight with Hulk was going to be this knockdown drag-out slugfest and maybe show him as being the new dominant superpower on the Avengers squad, but it kinda ended up being just ...."meh"...for me. The two issues he did get to shine Avengers #4 and #15-#16 gave us some more, but not too much in the action dept. And Starbrand was crushing everyone including him, so not much to go by there either. I'd like to see maybe a story arc that either focuses more on him or at least involves him somemore personally. But thats prolly hard seeing as there's like 20 Avenger members!

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@nighthunder: Just to let you know regarding that one scan. That was basically directly after his infamous New 52 lifting weight, which drained him of solar energy and he even states as he flies up to recharge that he doesn't have time to replenish all his energy that he lost during those past several days:

No Caption Provided

Alright then , but still , with that hit he was still gathering momentum by flying so it was still hitting much harder than it would normally. But yes , he was still depleted so im guessing fully powered his normal hits would have the force of a large mountain?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Alright then , but still , with that hit he was still gathering momentum by flying so it was still hitting much harder than it would normally. But yes , he was still depleted so im guessing fully powered his normal hits would have the force of a large mountain?

Honestly? It's been rather inconsistent among titles, even in Lobdell's own title which these feats occurred. Considering the beast he fought was of Kryptonian origin, it might give reason to explain why it withstood an attack from Clark so easily. On the other end, the blows he landed on H'el at the end of the arc were powerful enough to shake the entire Earth and give off shockwaves felt from the very centre to the outer parts of our atmosphere where the JL Watchtower sits.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: I'm not arguing that Hyperion wins (I actually think this may be a stomp with the whole Universe feat and everything), but that Aquaman scan is somewhat out of context. Superman is trying to reason with a friend. If you were talking to your friend I doubt you'd really be that on guard.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666: I'm talking about new Supes too. He wins. Again, Hyperion is outclassed.

He isn't. New Superman has planet level feat, Hyperion has something twice as good. And he one-shotted Terminus, who should be putted above Thor. I have also seen High Evo taking out Thor in one blast, when Thor wasn't ready to response, it didn't KO Hyperion in similar situation.

@sog7dc said:

Something better than taking HE's blast and ripping his arm from him or taking out Terminus with one attack? Speed could be an issue, but not in character.

@toptom said:

@czarny_samael666: When i was talking about the "universal feat" in that feat we also have Hyperion probably (and i mean probably) holding two planets. We don't know what really happend in that moment, but since the author has said he will explain that moment again i am going to choose a winner when that feat is clarified. Plus holding the weight of the earth wasn't his maximum limit even if he wasn't at full power...but even with such a feat for now we really can't tell who wins this in my opinion.

Not probably - he was doing it and they broke. Force that pushing them was powerfull enough to rush them. Yet, it wasn't greater than Hyperion's strength.

And it was already clarified. Not too mention, that it is not working in this way. It stands until someone would try to retcon this, not unless someone would confirm it.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By toptom

Not probably - he was doing it and they broke. Force that pushing them was powerfull enough to rush them. Yet, it wasn't greater than Hyperion's strength.

And it was already clarified. Not too mention, that it is not working in this way. It stands until someone would try to retcon this, not unless someone would confirm it.

i have simply told that the author will talk again about that particular event as he has told, so things might actually change. Then i don't recall this feat being already clarified, anywhere.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@czarny_samael666: He speedblitzed Orion in character...

And? Hyperion is just as massive as Superman but has shown far greater power by stopping two planets until they broke from the pressures of two colliding universes which means Hyperion definitely faster.

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001:

Yes, he stopped the two planets until they broke apart. But how fast did that happen? The pressure from two colliding universes would seemingly be enough to break theses planets rather quickly. At least that makes sense to me. Also when superman held the earths weight he did for almost a week with no sleep or rest, his strength didn't give out. At the end he was barely sweating and asked if that was all. Though I do like that Hyperion is getting attention by Marvel, as long as they do it right which i'm skeptical.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@czarny_samael666: He speedblitzed Orion in character...

And? Hyperion is just as massive as Superman but has shown far greater power by stopping two planets until they broke from the pressures of two colliding universes which means Hyperion definitely faster.

wha? show me an on panel feat that proves hyperion is faster than superman in combat or travel speed....ill save you the time because you cant do that. because hyperion isn't fast as or faster than superman. and you lost cred with me when you stated that hulk has unlimited strength

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

great i will need to see nu 52 scans of all of those please!

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: I don't have the time lol... just check out Morrison's run in the New52 Action Comics for many wonderful Superman feats where he basically evolved with power, where he was basically young, inexperienced and not fully powered and still saved the world, faced Brainiac, Metallo, Captain Comet, super villains hidden in his brain, an army of thousands of angels, a 5th dimension imp, and many other threats. The bottom line is that you want to compare the GREATEST SUPERHERO in fiction with one of his poor Marvel imitations. Everything I mentioned was seen JUST in Morrison's AC. I still haven't mentioned all the things he had done in the pages of Superman, Supergirl, JL, and many other guest appearances in other books. I don't even need to refer to anything pre New52.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Wolverine008

@blackdog2009 said:

@kidman560: I don't have the time lol... just check out Morrison's run in the New52 Action Comics for many wonderful Superman feats where he basically evolved with power, where he was basically young, inexperienced and not fully powered and still saved the world, faced Brainiac, Metallo, Captain Comet, super villains hidden in his brain, an army of thousands of angels, a 5th dimension imp, and many other threats. The bottom line is that you want to compare the GREATEST SUPERHERO in fiction with one of his poor Marvel imitations. Everything I mentioned was seen JUST in Morrison's AC. I still haven't mentioned all the things he had done in the pages of Superman, Supergirl, JL, and many other guest appearances in other books. I don't even need to refer to anything pre New52.

Are you trying to prove that Superman is stronger than Hyperion, or that he's a better character? I notice you like to mention things that are irrelevant to the battle forums like who's the better character, and that just makes you look foolish. And stop saying Superman is the greatest hero like it's an objective fact.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009 said:

Are you trying to prove that Superman is stronger than Hyperion, or that he's a better character. I notice you like to mention things that are irrelevant to the battle forums like who's the better character, and just makes you look foolish. And stop saying Superman is the greatest hero like it's an objective fact.

lol thank god you said it for me!

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sog7dc: If you would be reading the Avengers title you would know Hyperion was able to move faster than Thor's lightning could even hit it's target. Hulk does in a way have unlimited strength he's physically the strongest superhero.

@blackdog2009 said:

Are you trying to prove that Superman is stronger than Hyperion, or that he's a better character. I notice you like to mention things that are irrelevant to the battle forums like who's the better character, and just makes you look foolish. And stop saying Superman is the greatest hero like it's an objective fact.

He is kind of the greatest Superhero. His S symbol is the most recognizable symbol in the world after the Christian Cross, He's the 2nd most successful franchise/ character after Mickey Mouse , He's one of the most popular super hero/fictional character for 75 years and and he's the most well known Superhero and regarded as the best one meaning he's the picture perfect hero in the DCU all the characters regard him as the greatest hero. No one else has ever come up to his standard and no one ever will. Sorry for this sort of rant :/

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: What superhero is greater than Superman?

In my opinion, Captain America is a better hero than Superman, but it's all subjective. And it's irrelevant to the battle.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By kidman560

@wolverine08: What superhero is greater than Superman?

Silver Surfer, Nova Prime, Wolverine, Deadpool, Ghost Rider, Aurora, Captain Universe, Shang-chi

and do you know why because it is PERSONAL OPINION NOT A FACT!!!!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: If you would be reading the Avengers title you would know Hyperion was able to move faster than Thor's lightning could even hit it's target. Hulk does in a way have unlimited strength he's physically the strongest superhero.

@wolverine08 said:

@blackdog2009 said:

He is kind of the greatest Superhero. His S symbol is the most recognizable symbol in the world after the Christian Cross, He's the 2nd most successful franchise/ character after Mickey Mouse , He's one of the most popular super hero/fictional character for 75 years and and he's the most well known Superhero and regarded as the best one meaning he's the picture perfect hero in the DCU all the characters regard him as the greatest hero. No one else has ever come up to his standard and no one ever will. Sorry for this sort of rant :/

Oh no, I think Supes is a great hero, but I just dislike this guy saying that Superman wins because he's the better hero. That's not how we should do things here on the battle forums.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Emperorb777

@kidman560: @wolverine08: Superman has been the top super hero in the world for 75 years not one hero you 2 mentioned outside of comic readers does anyone give a crap about.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: @wolverine08: Superman has been the top super hero in the world for 75 years not one hero you 2 mentioned outside of comic readers does anyone give a crap about.

Dude, whether or not Superman is the world's greatest hero is completely irrelevant to this battle. May we drop the topic?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Idc whether it's relevant or not I had a question and I wanted to know the answer plain and simple.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Idc whether it's relevant or not I had a question and I wanted to know the answer plain and simple.

There is no "answer". It's all subjective. What's hard to understand about that?

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and i gave you an answer my greatest super hero is Silver Surfer.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Blackdog2009

Well said

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Wolverine008

Well said

Those that have anything to do with the battle? Why do you have a habit of bringing up things that are irrelevant to battles?

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009 said:

Well said

Those that have anything to do with the battle? Why do you have a habit of bringing up things that are irrelevant to battles?

wrong question! the right question is what does this have to do with Hyperion kicking his butt?

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By TommyJones1945

Hyperion has no feats. This. A. Stomp.

Just like Superman against all those other knockoffs in Marvel U. None of them have done anything to put themselves in New 52 uperman's class. They are either jobbers(Gladiator) or below him in power(i.e. Sentry) or they lack feats(i.e. Hyperion)

Oh yeah, and Hyperion didn't stop 2 planets. If anyone wants to support Supes for the argument, just show the Hyperion scan. He isn't holding jack.

CIN.