#3  Edited By BoringPerson

Sinestro.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@boringperson: I was literally about to tag you & ask you tour thoughts, lol. Why you think sinestro wins?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thaal

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser who you think wins?

Sinestro pretty easily. Hyperions feats are few and far between and they don't justify him beating Sinestro.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro even without Paralax. With paralax it becomes a huge mismatch.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uugieboogie

@uugieboogie said:

Sinestro pretty easily. Hyperions feats are few and far between and they don't justify him beating Sinestro.

Sinestro has that many feats of his own without parallax in New 52 that put him far above Hyperion? He's got some decent strength & durability feat.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro even without Paralax. With paralax it becomes a huge mismatch.

What feats do new 52 Sinestro have that makes him beat Hyperion?

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

New 52 is the same as pre 52 Sinestro, right?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

@uugieboogie said:

Sinestro has that many feats of his own without parallax in New 52 that put him far above Hyperion? He's got some decent strength & durability feat.

New 52 Sinestro is the same as pre-new 52 Sinestro. Sinestro stalemating Hal Jordan and getting the upper hand against Ion Kyle are more than enough to give him the win here.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

@highaccuser said:

@uugieboogie said:

New 52 Sinestro is the same as pre-new 52 Sinestro. Sinestro stalemating Hal Jordan and getting the upper hand against Ion Kyle are more than enough to give him the win here.

But what feats has he shown in New 52?

@patrat18 said:

New 52 is the same as pre 52 Sinestro, right?

I'm talking about feats from new 52

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Without Parallax he's not beating Hyperion. With, he stomps.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

What makes you say that?

Jmarshmallow

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

What makes you say that?

Jmarshmallow

Especially since Parallax Sinestro's only real feat is killing the Guardians who were utterly terrified of him.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

They're saying he's beating him without it.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By patrat18

@jmarshmallow said:

@patrat18 said:

What makes you say that?

Jmarshmallow

Especially since Parallax Sinestro's only real feat is killing the Guardians who were utterly terrified of him.

Well, he did survive a planet explosion.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: tanking korugars explosion without any damage. Hurting volthoom who was a universal reality warper. Drilling a hole in volthoom.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@jmarshmallow: Lack of feats.

I'm fairly certain Pre52 Sinestro is New52 Sinestro.

If anything, Hyperion lacks feats in comparison.

Jmarshmallow

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By patrat18
uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: tanking korugars explosion without any damage. Hurting volthoom who was a universal reality warper. Drilling a hole in volthoom.

Is he known to have great durability tho?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@jmarshmallow: Same here. He just said new 52 feats only.

Ohhhhh. Then I totally agree.

Jmarshmallow

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@jmarshmallow: Lack of feats.

I'm fairly certain Pre52 Sinestro is New52 Sinestro.

If anything, Hyperion lacks feats in comparison.

Jmarshmallow

Thats why I said feats from the new 52 series only , so they both have few feats

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: umm, yea. He took blasts from about 50 lanterns and mogo...

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@bluebeetle1 said:

When?

He was referring to Volthoom and validating the feat of Sinestro actually damaging Volthoom when the other Lanterns couldn't.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@bluebeetle1 said:

When?

He was referring to Volthoom and validating the feat of Sinestro actually damaging Volthoom when the other Lanterns couldn't.

Oh ok. I'm starting to change my mind here.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@boringperson said:

@patrat18 said:

@bluebeetle1 said:

When?

Oh ok. I'm starting to change my mind here.

So is Sinestro stronger than 50 lanterns? Was this sinestro with parallax? & was this 50 fearless lanterns? Its a good feat but isn't it known that all lanterns aren't equal? Theres plenty of fodder lanterns

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: no, it wasnt with paralax.

Fearless lanterns? What do you mean?

The lanterns who did it included kyle and many other lanterns of different colors. Including MOGO.

Theres no way to down play the feat.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lanterns who did it included kyle and many other lanterns of different colors. Including MOGO.

Yes fearless. What feats have they shown themselves, all lanterns are nowhere near equal & I'm I'm not downplaying the feat. It just honestly sounds like PIS. 50 lanterns including Kyle Rayner (the guy who contained a supernova) & mogo couldn't hurt the guy but Sinestro by himself could? That sounds like PIS & it basically insinuating that Sinestro is stronger than all 50 of those lanterns. That doesn't make sense at all unless he had the parallax entity or something

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By uugieboogie

No Caption Provided

This what everyone talking about?

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie:

Thats what im asking, What do you mean fearless? As in were they scared??? No, nobody showed fear. I dont know how that would matter though.

The lanterns i can visibly identify among that large group(atleast 28) are the following: john stuart, guy gardner, saint walker, atrocitus, star saphire, kilowog, white lantern kyle, simon baz, fatality, and mogo.

Of course youd say that, because youre visibly biased and WANT to make a case for hyperion instead of looking at the facts.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BoringPerson

@uugieboogie said:

@bluebeetle1 said:

Yes fearless. What feats have they shown themselves, all lanterns are nowhere near equal & I'm I'm not downplaying the feat. It just honestly sounds like PIS. 50 lanterns including Kyle Rayner (the guy who contained a supernova) & mogo couldn't hurt the guy but Sinestro by himself could? That sounds like PIS & it basically insinuating that Sinestro is stronger than all 50 of those lanterns. That doesn't make sense at all unless he had the parallax entity or something

Sinestro consistently curbstomps normal Kyle in all duel situations. Sinestro was easily fighting with more than a dozen Sinestro Corps members and was only subdued when he basically gave up to protect innocents.

Sinestro and Hal Jordan have rather consistently showed offensive feats that are logically impossible in the way you're implying. It's a part of their character.

I'm not saying Sinestro would beat Mogo and the assorted Lanterns that assisted in firing at Volthoom or even that if they went all Kamehameha vs Galic Gun that Sinestro would trump them... I'm saying that in terms of brute instant durability overcoming damage dealing power that Sinestro is capable of trumping them. He really is just that powerful.

EDIT: Also no, we're referencing Sinestro puncturing Volthoom's chest with just a Green Lantern ring.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kingant27

Why does everyone say New-52=Pre-52 for the lanterns; when characters like Hal would have already met Superman and would have already been in the justice league?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By uugieboogie

@bluebeetle1 said:

@uugieboogie:

Thats what im asking, What do you mean fearless? As in were they scared??? No, nobody showed fear. I dont know how that would matter though.

The lanterns i can visibly identify among that large group(atleast 28) are the following: john stuart, guy gardner, saint walker, atrocitus, star saphire, kilowog, white lantern kyle, simon baz, fatality, and mogo.

Of course youd say that, because youre visibly biased and WANT to make a case for hyperion instead of looking at the facts.

• I mean featless as in have they shown feats of their own I didn't say anything about them being scared, my mac has auto spell on it like an iPhone
  • SO you're telling me Sinestro is stronger than all those Lanterns put together? That doesn't seem like PIS to you?
  • I'm not biased I'm not even a Hyperion fan, now if this Thor it'll be a different discussion & everyone here knows that. I call BS when I see BS. SInestro without parallax is stronger than

john stuart, guy gardner, saint walker, atrocitus, star saphire, kilowog, white lantern kyle, simon baz, fatality, and mogo plus other lanterns? That doesn't sound like PIS to you?

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does everyone say New-52=Pre-52 for the lanterns; when characters like Hal would have already met Superman and would have already been in the justice league?

This comment makes no sense. New 52 = Pre-52 is because the New 52 Green Lantern continuity was a direct continuation of the Pre-52 Green Lantern continuity. The part of your comment after the semi-colon is nonsensical. Hal meets Superman at the beginning of both of their careers in the New 52... and is a founding member of the Justice League. Remember, Justice League vol. 1 is 5 years behind the other vol. 1's of the New 52.

Also, @uugieboogie, the grouping of Lanterns firing at Volthoom wasn't featless.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie:

yes they have. Most of them are big name characters. Do you not know who they are???

Sinestros hardcore. Did you not know that?

Nah, thor would get whooped too. Basically sinestro is the most experienced, most knowledgeable lantern. Period. And he was fighting for the only thing he cares about. His home world.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

@bluebeetle1 said:

Sinestro consistently curbstomps normal Kyle in all duel situations. Sinestro was easily fighting with more than a dozen Sinestro Corps members and was only subdued when he basically gave up to protect innocents.

Sinestro and Hal Jordan have rather consistently showed offensive feats that are logically impossible in the way you're implying. It's a part of their character.

I'm not saying Sinestro would beat Mogo and the assorted Lanterns that assisted in firing at Volthoom or even that if they went all Kamehameha vs Galic Gun that Sinestro would trump them... I'm saying that in terms of brute instant durability overcoming damage dealing power that Sinestro is capable of trumping them. He really is just that powerful.

EDIT: Also no, we're referencing Sinestro puncturing Volthoom's chest with just a Green Lantern ring.

& that doesn't seem like PIS to you? You know I'm not biased unless Thor is involved me & you have had plenty of arguments on here. After naming the people he did that were in the fight how the hell he has more power than them? That makes no sense what so ever. You can't honestly tell thats not PIS.

TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperion kills Sinestro. Quite easily actually

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By uugieboogie

@bluebeetle1 said:

@uugieboogie:

yes they have. Most of them are big name characters. Do you not know who they are???

Sinestros hardcore. Did you not know that?

Nah, thor would get whooped too. Basically sinestro is the most experienced, most knowledgeable lantern. Period. And he was fighting for the only thing he cares about. His home world.

• You just named the people that were in it. At first all you said was 50 lanterns you never said names. There's no way regular Sinestro can do more damage than all those ppl without PIS being involved. You call me biased but it sounds like you're the biased one bro. You never said the names of who were involved until a few post ago you just kept saying 50 lanterns. The ppl you know I know all of them & no way he's stronger than all them put together without PIS being involved, bad ass or not. & saying he's bad ass thats why he does it sounds like something a fan boy says.
  • Also this isn't a Thor VS Sinestro thread but since you want to go there. Thor drains SInestro & then kills him... Nomore Thaal
BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: are you thinking that we're saying sinestro killed volthoom? Is that what youre thinking?

TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: Hyperiom tanked two universes colliding. Sure its a high end feat but ita still anything Sinestro has done. Not including Hyperion's planet level feats

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: So why have other characters experienced changes etc, and Hal who is supposedly exactly the same as Pre-52 Hal, is still the same; yet still old characters from Pre-52, have different origins from new-52 and that New-52 Hal isn't aware of Pre-52 characters differences.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: lmao youre hilarious. I told you posts ago that there was no way to down play the feat and just like clock work, i knew youd try. Im not biased at all. Sinestros not even in my top 20 characters. He just beats hyperion for the reasons i listed. Easy as that.

And dont start with thor. Lol thats funny

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: you cant argue it. Geoff johns is the Chief creative editor at dc and he said its basically unchanged. Thats all you and everyone else needs to know. Especially since GL#1 takes place right after pre 52 ended.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: are you thinking that we're saying sinestro killed volthoom? Is that what youre thinking?

You ppl are saying that Sinestro alone hurt or whatever he did but this group of lanterns (John stuart, guy gardner, saint walker, atrocitus, star saphire, kilowog, white lantern kyle, simon baz, fatality, and mogo.) couldn't? That doesn't sound like complete PIS to you? That's just like WW tanking explosions but getting a bloody nose from DS, it makes no sense.