#1 Posted by ironshadow (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Apollo

VS

Marvel Now Hyperion

#2 Posted by Stompa (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhm besides the arguable "holding the universes apart" feat Hyperion realyy hasn´t done too much so far....hmmm but he did punch the Hulk so he reverted to Banner....well i stopped reading Stormwatch a while ago so i will wait and see if somebody comes up with a good Apollo feat until i decide.

#3 Posted by comic_book_fan (5511 posts) - - Show Bio

hyperion

#4 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17755 posts) - - Show Bio

@stompa said:

Uhm besides the arguable "holding the universes apart" feat Hyperion realyy hasn´t done too much so far....hmmm but he did punch the Hulk so he reverted to Banner....well i stopped reading Stormwatch a while ago so i will wait and see if somebody comes up with a good Apollo feat until i decide.

He never punched banner back to the hulk, Abyss lost control so banner revered on his own.

#5 Posted by Killemall (18456 posts) - - Show Bio

@stompa: Hulk part was very little to do with Hyperion's strength, even Hickman confirmed on Formspring that Hulk reverted to Banner not because he was hit too hard, but because Thor lightning helped take away Abyss hold on him. Matching Hulk on equal footing while holding back is impressive but thats about in for that feat.

There actually is an additional feat , much later, against High Evolutionary and his resurrected Terminus that sort of stands out. Terminus was taking on Avengers, Thor included, all of whom were helpless against him, Thor even called a lightning which according to him could "burn the world". Terminus still doesnt have a scratch on him. Then comes Hyperion who flies thru him like a tissue paper, ripping him brain out in that process. At least for that particular issue, he clearly outperformed Avengers in terms of power.

Him being able to single handedly get the better of High Evolutionary, even rip his arm, in a very short fight, was pretty impressive as well.

But thats pretty much the extent of his feat as of yet. He seems pretty powerful (Captain Universe more so, her feats arent any better though), hopefully that would change soon.

#6 Edited by Stompa (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: For me it looked like a combo attack of Thors lightning and Hyperions speedblitz that ripped the kids out of Terminus. Ripping High Ev´s arm out looked nice but does HE have impressive physical feats that i don´t know of? IMO every Supermanésque figure should be able to replicate that.

I know that around him and CU there is this aura of "badass" in the comics but so far, for me, it´s more of a feeling than actual feats.

Edit: And for the Hulk instance: If Hickman said so then i am clearly wrong but for me it looked like it could also be that Hyps punches weakend him so he reverted back and the change of minds made Abyss loose controll. Sorry i missunderstood that.

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17755 posts) - - Show Bio

@stompa said:

@killemall:

Edit: And for the Hulk instance: If Hickman said so then i am clearly wrong but for me it looked like it could also be that Hyps punches weakend him so he reverted back and the change of minds made Abyss loose controll. Sorry i missunderstood that.

Hulks Transformation works differently than just simply punching him back.

#8 Edited by Stompa (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

@stompa said:

@killemall:

Hulks Transformation works differently than just simply punching him back.

Sillier thinks then that have happend before in comics but anyway.........as far as i know there would be two ways of transforming Hulk to Banner: Either making it possible for Banner to take control over the "shared mind" (i use this lacking a better word for it) or somehow using up all the gamma energy in Hulks cells (yeah i know that is near impossible to him constantly building it up). Wouldn´t it be possibly to spend the energy up with punches? I am propably wrong anyway so i just take this as a lesson in Hulk biology. :-)

#9 Posted by Killemall (18456 posts) - - Show Bio

@stompa said:

@killemall: For me it looked like a combo attack of Thors lightning and Hyperions speedblitz that ripped the kids out of Terminus. Ripping High Ev´s arm out looked nice but does HE have impressive physical feats that i don´t know of? IMO every Supermanésque figure should be able to replicate that.

I dont think the lightning has much to do with it, because lightning didnt damage any part of Terminus body, the only part of his body that is damaged is his head, where they is a big hole, and its the place where Hyperion flew threw.

As per High Evolutionary having impressive feats, he has fought Thor, Avengers, Avengers West Cost, Galactus etc, the guy is a serious powerhouse, although to be fair to him Hyperion didnt really beat him in the issue.

I know that around him and CU there is this aura of "badass" in the comics but so far, for me, it´s more of a feeling than actual feats.

Agreed, Captain Universe even more so than Hyperion.

Her one touch disintegrating Aleph, a robot whose purpose is to purge entire planet when evolution from builders goes wrong was impressive, but we will have to wait to see how powerful Alephs really are, only time will tell.

Thats ok its understandable, whoever asked Hickman the question interpreted the events exactly as you did.

So you are well aware of what happened on panel, here is Hickman's reply on the topic.

#10 Posted by Killemall (18456 posts) - - Show Bio

@stompa: In terms of Hulk's transformation by being punched very hard, its has happened before so i understand where you are coming from. Namor manage to do that once against Classic Hulk, Sentry did it as well, so did Titanus, the most vivid of the instances.

Here is the Titanus scans if you are interested.

#11 Edited by Jgames (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion since he the better superman rip off

#12 Posted by Stompa (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

@stompa: In terms of Hulk's transformation by being punched very hard, its has happened before so i understand where you are coming from. Namor manage to do that once against Classic Hulk, Sentry did it as well, so did Titanus, the most vivid of the instances.

Here is the Titanus scans if you are interested.

Thank you very much. Yes i interpreted it like the Sentry instance were both reverted back after hitting each other really hard.

@stompa said:

I dont think the lightning has much to do with it, because lightning didnt damage any part of Terminus body, the only part of his body that is damaged is his head, where they is a big hole, and its the place where Hyperion flew threw.

As per High Evolutionary having impressive feats, he has fought Thor, Avengers, Avengers West Cost, Galactus etc, the guy is a serious powerhouse, although to be fair to him Hyperion didnt really beat him in the issue.

Agreed, Captain Universe even more so than Hyperion.

Her one touch disintegrating Aleph, a robot whose purpose is to purge entire planet when evolution from builders goes wrong was impressive, but we will have to wait to see how powerful Alephs really are, only time will tell.

Thats ok its understandable, whoever asked Hickman the question interpreted the events exactly as you did.

So you are well aware of what happened on panel, here is Hickman's reply on the topic.

Ok after a closer like the Terminus part is obvious that is an A+ feat for Hyperion.

As for High Evo: I know that he is very powerful but i always took him for a energy manipulator fighter and not really into physical confrontation. Just like when he was pissing his pants against Ultron during Annihilation: Conquest. Blasting is more off his fighting style and it´s also his first option in the fight against Hyp because he propably can´t match him stats-wise.

Yeah Captain Universe has this plot device power which i personally despise. Just like the nuclear plant incident where she snaps her finger and everything is fine.....

#13 Edited by MrPhoenix (314 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I wish more people understood this, Hyperion sure is powerful but Hulk would never get put down that easily. Even a beating from Zeus didn't revert him back to Banner.

#14 Edited by Nefarious (19479 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion.

#15 Edited by Killemall (18456 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I wish more people understood this, Hyperion sure is powerful but Hulk would never get put down that easily. Even a beating from Zeus didn't revert him back to Banner.

Few punches from Titanus rather easily made him turn back to Banner. Sentry seem to succeed on that as well, although Hulk clearly got the better in that fight.

Its not inconceivable that Hyperion couldnt, given how power he has thus far been hinted to be.

#16 Edited by MrPhoenix (314 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: True, although we still don't know the extent of his power, but making Thor's power look like nothing is pretty impressive.

#17 Posted by DeathSamurai (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: against sentry it was not the physical attack that made hulk revert it was the fact that hulk got wore out and tire also sentey reverted back as well. Than banner became hulk only a few moments after that.

On topic Hyperion should win but not easily.

#18 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion wins easily

#19 Posted by Hyperlight (5679 posts) - - Show Bio

@stompa: i live the concept o captain universe but it has no business on the avengers... way to powerful and has too much potential. its like making starbrand a part of D.P.7 or silver surfer a part of the guardians of the galaxy

#20 Posted by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrphoenix said:

Few punches from Titanus rather easily made him turn back to Banner. Sentry seem to succeed on that as well, although Hulk clearly got the better in that fight.

Its not inconceivable that Hyperion couldnt, given how power he has thus far been hinted to be.

I don't know the Titanus instance, is that cannon would be my first question. However there is nothing that shows that Sentry's punches actually reverted Hulk that is nothing more than speculation. However what we know to be true is that Hulk was not motivated at all to fight the Sentry, however the sentry wanted to fight him, and be punished by him. We also know that if Hulk lacks motivation he will automatically revert back to banner. Now as to why Bob reverted back there is also no real clue as to why that happened either, the last we see before those two revert is both of them fighting in mid air in a fiery vortex that Sentry created.

I would say given the instances the Titanus things seems like PIS. If Hulk can tank several blows from a Skyfather Zeus, Maestro, The 1/2 Phoenix Emma Frost & full phoenix Cyclop, Elder God possessed Chthon Quicksilver, and Onslaught, it is utterly ridiculous to think that anyone lower than them could have that much power in their hits.

#21 Posted by Killemall (18456 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: True, although we still don't know the extent of his power, but making Thor's power look like nothing is pretty impressive.

His feats are very far and few at the moment, i agree. Hopefully we can see more of the same from Hyperion in near future.

@killemall: against sentry it was not the physical attack that made hulk revert it was the fact that hulk got wore out and tire also sentey reverted back as well. Than banner became hulk only a few moments after that.

On topic Hyperion should win but not easily.

Sentry did not use any mental attack or shooting aura, so the only interpretation would be physical pain or tireness. That does fall into catogery of being reverted back into Bruce Banner after getting a beating, which is what few people expected happened to Hulk in Hickman's Avengers.

We also have Namor as well as Titannus instance.

#22 Edited by Killemall (18456 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know the Titanus instance, is that cannon would be my first question.

Its canon and is from Marvel Team Up, Volume 3, Issue 11.

Well they fought , and they both ended up reverting back to human form, i would expect the normal assumption to be its because they both got hit too hard and were physically exhausted. That seem like a reasonable assumption to make really.

I dont think Hulk's motivation part is necessarily true though. I get it that Hulk had no intention to beating Sentry, despite thats exactly what he did in the issue, but a lack of motivation doesnt normally turn Hulk back into human form, at least not that i have seen.

I would say given the instances the Titanus things seems like PIS. If Hulk can tank several blows from a Skyfather Zeus, Maestro, The 1/2 Phoenix Emma Frost & full phoenix Cyclop, Elder God possessed Chthon Quicksilver, and Onslaught, it is utterly ridiculous to think that anyone lower than them could have that much power in their hits.

Low end, high end feat is a different question and we know very little about how powerful Titannus is. My point wasnt to lowball Hulk but rather the idea that when Hulk get hit too hard, Hulk has turned back into his human form before, is what i am trying to say.

Hulk's feat off later has also been more impressive than previous feats.

#23 Posted by GodEmperorOfMankind (150 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give this to apollo, but sadly it's more by "powerscaling"( he should be physically equal to supes, or as his level at least) than for actual feats i've read of.....

And btw,Hyperion's rumble vs hulk wasn't that impressive imho.....

#24 Edited by DeathSamurai (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: that's what i said both hulk and sentry got tired out.

#25 Posted by New_World_Order (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion.

#26 Posted by dondave (35901 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion ftw

#27 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Z3RO180 (6424 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion

#29 Posted by Stompa (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

Most people say Hyperion wins but does anyone have actual feat for Apollo?

#30 Posted by TheDarkDaredevil (554 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion

#31 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17755 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Just to Say so, Hulk Has only reverted a few times and EVEN then he was KO'd To have reverted back to Banner, He has Never, ever been reverted because of a Powerful Punch During Battle, and most people don't remember that sentry;s energy has reverted Hulk Back to Banner,savage hulk to be specific , i think it was in their crossover drawn by Jae Lee, and By the time they were exchanging Punches IN WWH, Sentry's energy was firing out of control which essentially reverted hulk back to Bruce, it wasn't however because of Sentry's Punch, it was sentry's mass production of energy. if this sounds weird i think a comparison is needed, The WWH version and Pak's Later hulk are still one and the same, and Zeus's Punches are at least by far much More powerful then whatever sentry could muster up( Not counting Void), so If we think about it, Zeus Amped himself, was draining hulk by each punch WHILE he wasn't really fighting back, and then had a weakened hulk chained up and tortured, and banner was no where to be seen. Then if it's Fair there is that fight with ZOM in WOLRD WAR HULK where hulk took internal damage and basically had strange set fireworks in his gut and healed in minutes if not seconds.

I would even go far as to say that Unless hulk is KO'd, in which case he sometimes turns into banner and sometimes doesn't, he will not revert to banner, because the more you punch him there more likely he will get angry, therefore the chances of Banner appearing MID battle is nonexistent. Hulk has even recently accomplished a very impressive feat, i was very impressed that hulk survived Absolute Zero, which is something i have NEVER recalled him do before, it's arguable that banners TECH helped him out, but that armour doesn't cover his Face nor head, , and this is a much weaker version of the HULK than WWH.

Just my two cents ^___^