So now it's maybe not so one sided

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sentry easily.

Also I don't think Hyperion has any way to knock him out, never mind kill him.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning towards Death Sentry

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry easily.

Also I don't think Hyperion has any way to knock him out, never mind kill him.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By texasdeathmatch

You could throw in Hulk and I still think DS Sentry would still wreck everyone.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yaaay Sentry is getting props. Always said he would make a better villian.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Thor is here now, still, he makes no difference at all.

Sentry stomps.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Sentry

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 SC  Moderator

I'd lean towards Death Seed Sentry.

I believe Rick Remender is of the opinion that Thor is generally the most powerful mainstream Marvel hero. Which means with the Death Seed upgrades he has not only basically created a massive foil for Thor but basically any other top Marvel hero, potentially even two teaming up. That also being said fiction being fiction and context being context, Jonathan Hickman does have some long term story he wishes to implement with Hyperion.

Given the nature of his powers and personality, its probably going to be something pretty epic, and the nature of Sentry being upgraded to be a foil to Thor and antagonist probably means he was built up to be brought down sometime in the future so maybe in the future we might have examples of what is required to beat Death Seed Sentry and equivalent examples of Hyperion showing the sort of power that could be comparable to that force or at the minimum half the force required. Until then I do think the duo have some options for a win, just not a majority.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Leaning towards Death Seed entry. Sure, Hyperion and Thor could try to kill him, but they're fighting a guy who makes a habit of tearing off his own face with no major repercussions. Bob is too crazy to get killed again!

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc:

I don't think this Sentry can die.

He unwrapped his head and Thor crushed his brain, but he healed instantly and simply got up and annihilated Thor. He stated his body is just a shell, his soul is what drives him. Since he wasn't KO'd by that, I don't think anything can KO him, and the conditions here are to death.

Duo win 0/10.

I'll upload scans tommorrow, but currently I'm on my iPhone.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By czarny_samael666

Only chance would be Thor taking his soul. But:

1.In character he won't do that.

2.Out of character, he wouldn't have time to do it.

Sentry has most of other important powers:

Matter manipulation, complete regeneration, energy projection, TK that can stop Mjolnir, energy beams that can destroy planets and KO Thor, strength on whole different level than Thor and telepathy that would puts to bed Xavier, Psylocke and Emma in the same time.

He only needs soul control, time-powers and standard reality warping to be invincible to anyone below Skyfather level. And he still has potential to go to Franklin's/Legion's level.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SC  Moderator

@eternityx: Thats fine if you believe that, but I know Sentry can die. The Sentry is a fictional character and like all fictional characters, even immortal fictional characters they can all die. Its just a matter of establishing a criteria for what is necessary and in fiction that criteria is always open to change.

Mad Jim Jaspers was a character who could survive having his 'physical' body destroyed and a number of characters Sentry included have similar examples of being dispersed on a molecular level but even then their are thresholds and loopholes on how they can be killed. Teleportation to an extremely hostile environment (a place of absolute entropy, or absence of reality) or alternatively attacks that have some unknown quantity or quality about them that may override another characters threshold. Thor for example has an attack that's basically a deus ex machina device in of itself with the "godblast" and if Hyperion has sufficient strength to hold Sentry even temporarily enough for Thor to hit Sentry with that attack it may be enough to kill him. Thats just an alternative account mind you, I don't think thats likely event here.

What scans do you need? I have them all and can upload some for you if you wish?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Current Sentry should not be put in fights against characters like Superman, Thor, etc. He's too powerful for them(I know fans wouldnt like to hear that), because right now he is beyond herald level. Not on skyfather level of course but beyond herald level. His abilities such as:

Immortality

Regeneration(even from a FREAKING ATOM!)

Molecule Manipulation

Insane Telepathy

Are just too much and those are just some of his abilities. Again too much. IMO for right now...He should be put against characters like Thanos. Yeah...And I mean it. Both are completely imortal and both have crazy regeneration and telepathy feats!

Hell...Even Sentry's writer Paul Jenkins said that the Sentry is more powerful than Thor and Silver Surfer. Again that is what he said. He intended the character to be more powerful than them.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SC  Moderator

@king_stranglehold_da_first said:

Hell...Even Sentry's writer Paul Jenkins said that the Sentry is more powerful than Thor and Silver Surfer. Again that is what he said. He intended the character to be more powerful than them.

Thats true. He also said that Sentry was as powerful as Black Bolt, who was also a favorite character of his, but then again the awesome big Werewolf dude from Underworld also said that Blue Marvel and Thor were more powerful than Sentry and that guy is huge and probably almost definitely more powerful than Paul Jenkins. So if they were ever in the same Marvel editing publishing room together 0_0.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@verotikryptonite: Why you gotta do this to me. Hyperion is my numero uno and i have to admit he looses here. Why you doing this to me? WHY?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

Thats true. He also said that Sentry was as powerful as Black Bolt, who was also a favorite character of his, but then again the awesome big Werewolf dude from Underworld also said that Blue Marvel and Thor were more powerful than Sentry and that guy is huge and probably almost definitely more powerful than Paul Jenkins. So if they were ever in the same Marvel editing publishing room together 0_0.

Yeah good point, there are a lot of inconsistencies. But what I was trying to say is that Sentry originally is suppose to be more powerful than those two I named. Heck we even have many writers and characters saying that he is near omnipotent. Now I know that doesn't mean much and Odin was called omnipotent, but the point is that tell us that the character is suppose to be really powerful.

We've still haven't seen Sentrys true potential yet. To me I still consider Sentry a rookie, but as of right now it looks like Remender is trying to change that.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SC  Moderator

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Oh I agree with you. I just mean that there are some other writers that have also done the same with characters they created too, and some writers that disagree with other writers. If Stan Lee intended Thor to be the most powerful superhero, thats one thing, then another writer coming after him, I think we can extend to them some credibility and legitimacy if they intend to create a more powerful character. So if Sentry was created to be more powerful than Thor and Silver Surfer thats something we should consider and note. Blue Marvel was also created after Thor and after Sentry, does that give the character more legitimacy power wise? I think some, but ultimately its all fiction anyway and none of this is real so depends on whose opinions and ideas fans respectively value. Paul Jenkin's is pretty awesome, I loved his interview where he slammed DC but I don't think he was ever really a big fan of either Marvel or DC, which is okay. Kevin Grevioux on the other hand isn't nearly as an accomplished comic book writer as Paul Jenkins but he is pretty open about his love for Marvel and its history. Interesting stuff to weigh up.

Oh you feel that way with Remender? Thats cool. To be honest I am a bit skeptical right now towards his writing. I worry that he is just building up Sentry big to tear him down, and that Sentry will end up dead again. Remender has mentioned in an interview somewhere supposedly about Thor being the character he views as premier powerhouse, and he also likes to kill off characters and generate buzz, and current Sentry is awesome in a really over the top crazy sort of way but those are often the kinds of crazy over the top awesomeness that is meant to make fans rally against the character. Ripping off his own face, attacking characters like Janet, big monologues heh heh. I generally prefer Sentry the flawed hero trying to break good and rehabilitate, I'd love for a writer that likes the character write a redemption arc for him, maybe in Secret Avengers or Thunderbolts and have him back to doing heroic acts and learning how to rehabilitate and redeem himself in secrecy. Something that could maybe lead to the character eventually having a solo series someday.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@sc:

Oh I agree with you. I just mean that there are some other writers that have also done the same with characters they created too, and some writers that disagree with other writers. If Stan Lee intended Thor to be the most powerful superhero, thats one thing, then another writer coming after him, I think we can extend to them some credibility and legitimacy if they intend to create a more powerful character. So if Sentry was created to be more powerful than Thor and Silver Surfer thats something we should consider and note.

I get what you are saying 100%. And you saying Thor is suppose to be the most powerful hero as stated by Stan Lee is also correct and backs your point even more. All I am saying is that the Sentry was created to be very powerful in the first place, more powerful than most of the Marvel Earth based heros. Some people always complain about the Sentry being overpowered, but well...He was SUPPOSE to be that powerful. If you think the Sentry during Bendis run was overpowered, thats not how Jenkins said the character was, Jenkins Sentry was even more powerful. But you are correct when you say writers have different opinions.

Blue Marvel was also created after Thor and after Sentry, does that give the character more legitimacy power wise?

Nope...But thats not really what I was trying to say, but I understand where you are coming from.

I think some, but ultimately its all fiction anyway and none of this is real so depends on whose opinions and ideas fans respectively value. Paul Jenkin's is pretty awesome, I loved his interview where he slammed DC but I don't think he was ever really a big fan of either Marvel or DC, which is okay. Kevin Grevioux on the other hand isn't nearly as an accomplished comic book writer as Paul Jenkins but he is pretty open about his love for Marvel and its history. Interesting stuff to weigh up.

Why did Jenkins same DC? Isn't he currently writing for DC? Speaking of Jenkins...Some people have stated that Jenkins intended on the Sentry being a trilogy with three volumes, there was suppose to have been a third volume but I don't know what happened.

Oh you feel that way with Remender? Thats cool. To be honest I am a bit skeptical right now towards his writing. I worry that he is just building up Sentry big to tear him down, and that Sentry will end up dead again. Remender has mentioned in an interview somewhere supposedly about Thor being the character he views as premier powerhouse, and he also likes to kill off characters and generate buzz, and current Sentry is awesome in a really over the top crazy sort of way but those are often the kinds of crazy over the top awesomeness that is meant to make fans rally against the character.

I would be lying if I told you I was not cautious about Remender writing the Sentry. I mean the Sentry is a very fragile character, especially after what happened after Bendis run. The Sentry was in such a fragile state that Paul Jenkins was quite angry at what Bendis did and that why we had Sentry Fallen Sun. All Remender is doing right now kinda fixing the character right now, making everyone take the Sentry more serious now. I mean for crying out loud...People on Comicvine now believe the Sentry can beat Majestic! REPEAT MAJESTIC!!! I thought I would never see that in a million years on Comicvine, but thats what Remender did. And note...This is not the first time Remender has wrote the Sentry. He did write the Sentry in one of the Punisher volumes during Dark Reign...Where the Punisher is about to assassinate Osborn with a HIGH POWERED ALIEN sniper from a far distance. The Sentry catches the bullet in mid air when its about to hit Osborn and then appear behind Frank out of nowhere.

That right there I think is light speed. And then we having Punisher pouring acid on the Sentry, yet it does nothing to Sentry. Not even affecting his hair. Of course the Punisher escapes due to plot device and Sentry holding back, but the point is that Remender respects the Sentry and even in a Punisher comic. I know Remender may not do this and I am certainly not getting my hopes up. But I think the Sentry may betray the Apocalyps twins and may even turn good again. Why? The Sentry so far has not really down the objectives by the Apocalypse twins. He seems to be acting on his own free will. He did not kill Thor, but said he needs Thor for another time. What time? He also did not kill Wasp when he easily could have. You can say plot device if you want, but still... He also stated he wants to protect humanity. The Apocalypse twins want to DESTROY HUMANITY, yet the Sentry wants to save it. In the end I think the Sentry may save Earth from the celestials. The Sentry may go out with a bang. That is what almost everyone is saying on Comicbookresources. And it kinda makes sense. I think Remender is storing something big. Maybe the Sentry can redeem himself and become good again, I am not putting hope into that but that can be a way to turn Sentry good again. I mean Deathseed Sentry is techically good since there is no Void, he just thinks what he is doing is good.

I think the Apocalypse twins are in a rude awaking with Sentry. Remember this SC. Many people have tried to control the Sentry and failed miserably. First the Avengers with Iron Man. Then Norman Osborn and now the Apocalypse twins. The history of the Sentry shows us that.

Also back to Remender. Enzeru(who was a huge Sentry fan, but is banned on here now) and other people have said to me that Remender actually wants to do a 1-4 Sentry mini series called Sentry:Rising Sun or something like that. But Tom Brevoort is not sure of that idea. So that kinda(not being 100% sure) gives us an idea where Remender wants to take the Sentry. Like you said he is trying to built the character up, but like I said am I not getting my hopes up. We'll just have to wait and see...

Ripping off his own face, attacking characters like Janet, big monologues heh heh. I generally prefer Sentry the flawed hero trying to break good and rehabilitate, I'd love for a writer that likes the character write a redemption arc for him, maybe in Secret Avengers or Thunderbolts and have him back to doing heroic acts and learning how to rehabilitate and redeem himself in secrecy. Something that could maybe lead to the character eventually having a solo series someday.

Agreed! The thing I like about the Sentry is that he is a very complex character which most dont understand. Like I said Remender was/is thinking about doing a mini series for him. I am not sure.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DS Sentry brings the death.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SC  Moderator

Editorial stuff. One DC editor told him he had to change a scene where Batman was sitting down because… Batman doesn't sit down and its 'well known that Batman never sits down' heh heh. I don't believe he is working for DC anymore, not as far as I know. So he gave a pretty candid interview about working for the big two and wanting to stick with smaller publishers from now on for more of the creative freedom it offers.

Yeah small world, I wouldn't be surprised if Pak was angry at Jenkins and I know JMS was annoyed at Bendis for interfering with his Thor run and Siege was basically the reason he left Marvel for DC. Then Carey was blind sighted by Jenkins Fallen Sun which undermined his three plus years of Rogue stories. They should all just put on boxing gloves and duke it out in a ring heh heh. Meh, I have always liked Sentry, I never really cared if other people found the character serious or not.

Oh yeah that was a great Sentry story Remender wrote in Punisher and one of my favorite Sentry cameos alongside his Moonknight appearance as well. Great breakdown. Oh and interesting theory about how he could end up on the side of angels again.

To be honest, I don't really trust the user you mentioned because of some of the things they done which I am not at liberty to discuss. There are much more objective CV users who know not only the character better in my opinion, but all comics in general greater to give more depth to their understanding, for a more critical analysis someone like say CitizenBane and for a more favorable view, someone like FadeToBlackBolt. That being said if you have other people telling you that, and I trust you more than said user so I am optimistic that Remender isn't just setting up Sentry to be defeated or killed at the end of story. Fingers crossed we get a Remender mini series somewhere down the line. ^_^.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@sc:

Editorial stuff. One DC editor told him he had to change a scene where Batman was sitting down because… Batman doesn't sit down and its 'well known that Batman never sits down' heh heh. I don't believe he is working for DC anymore, not as far as I know. So he gave a pretty candid interview about working for the big two and wanting to stick with smaller publishers from now on for more of the creative freedom it offers

*face/palm*

I just forgot...He's working for another comicbook publisher a smaller one. Yeah you're right.

Yeah small world, I wouldn't be surprised if Pak was angry at Jenkins and I know JMS was annoyed at Bendis for interfering with his Thor run and Siege was basically the reason he left Marvel for DC. Then Carey was blind sighted by Jenkins Fallen Sun which undermined his three plus years of Rogue stories. They should all just put on boxing gloves and duke it out in a ring heh heh. Meh, I have always liked Sentry, I never really cared if other people found the character serious or not.

Oh yeah that was a great Sentry story Remender wrote in Punisher and one of my favorite Sentry cameos alongside his Moonknight appearance as well. Great breakdown. Oh and interesting theory about how he could end up on the side of angels again.

Agreed.

To be honest, I don't really trust the user you mentioned because of some of the things they done which I am not at liberty to discuss. There are much more objective CV users who know not only the character better in my opinion, but all comics in general greater to give more depth to their understanding, for a more critical analysis someone like say CitizenBane and for a more favorable view, someone like FadeToBlackBolt. That being said if you have other people telling you that, and I trust you more than said user so I am optimistic that Remender isn't just setting up Sentry to be defeated or killed at the end of story. Fingers crossed we get a Remender mini series somewhere down the line. ^_^.

Yeah he was a bit rowdy, but he knew his stuff about Sentry and his FAQ thread are very informative, but yeah I didn't just hear it from him but other people from CBR. I know you're not always suppose to believe what people say, but alot of people are saying that. And I hope Remender at least tries to make the character go out with a bang in the end.

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@verotikryptonite: who drew that picture of thor

John Romita JR. One of the best artist ever. This guy can make the Flaming Carrot seem intimidating

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sentry stomps.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DS Sentry can't die...

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@eternityx said:

Sentry stomps.

I'm not saying Sentry couldn't beat the both of them, but why do you feel it would be a stomp? Together Hyperion and Thor should be insanely formidable against anyone below skyfather level . Hyperion has shown a level of strength that's as impressive as current Superman and above Superman level durability. And Thor has looked pretty impressive in his own book as well. Yes Sentry destroyed Thor one on one, but with Hyperion backing him up it adds a whole new dynamic to the battle. Someone mentioned a Godblast could theoretically bring Sentry down.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@kidman560: hyperion is your numero uno? We just got closer buddy.....i'll PM u tomorrow bout this. First brian braddock n now this. Bromance.

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Verotikryptonite

@kidman560: hyperion is your numero uno? We just got closer buddy.....i'll PM u tomorrow bout this. First brian braddock n now this. Bromance.

No Caption Provided

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By fiodestromus

@oscars94 said:
No Caption Provided

Leaning towards Death Seed entry. Sure, Hyperion and Thor could try to kill him, but they're fighting a guy who makes a habit of tearing off his own face with no major repercussions. Bob is too crazy to get killed again!

When he ripped off his face I froze and just walked away.....(all I could think was Game over man.....Game over)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiodestromus: I wouldn't consider myself to be a shallow guy, but if a girl ripped her face off on a date, I'm leaving this planet! GAME OVER MAN! hahahahaha.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94 said:

@fiodestromus: I wouldn't consider myself to be a shallow guy, but if a girl ripped her face off on a date, I'm leaving this planet! GAME OVER MAN! hahahahaha.

That was nothing.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkman123: I'm kind of glad I bought my little cousin All New X-men instead of this. Damn it Remender!

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fiodestromus

@oscars94 said:

LOL :}

@oscars94 said:

That was nothing.

No Caption Provided

.......O___O *speechless

at first he ripping people spines off now he's just........

Plus this artist needs a reward

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Its nice that Sentry is finally being respect in comicvine, before this everyone was on and on about hellicarrier.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Probably Death Seed Sentry.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its nice that Sentry is finally being respect in comicvine, before this everyone was on and on about hellicarrier.

Before that....

1. People thought Sentry was not even herald level but below that.
  2. People thought Sentry couldn't even take a cartoon Superman.
  3. People thought Sentry couldn't even beat Supergirl
  4. People thought Sentry wasn't even faster than light or as fast as light.
  5. People thought Sentry;s only real power was just physical and energy.
  6. People thought Sentry was just a flying brick.
  7. People thought Sentry was just a Superman clone(now they're seeing he's much more).
  8. People didn't even know about his high end feats but his low showings.
  9. People thought the Sentry was useless without the Void.
  10. People wouldn't think in a million years that the Sentry would beat Superman or even Majestic.
Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

Hyperion held two universes apart. Do you have any idea how many helicarriers that feat is worth?!?

But being serious: Sentry probably wipes the floor with both in four or five shots.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

How many helicarriers is catching a planet considerably larger than earth traveling at 500,000 mph worth ?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HOW SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Caption Provided

WHERE THE %@#^ is that scan from!???

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

ITS A RAP! I guess Hyperion holding two planets apart is true!!!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You could throw in Hulk and I still think DS Sentry would still wreck everyone.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sentry wins he annihilated Thor so easily, and I think he cannot be killed by anyone at below Darkseid/Thanos lvl being.

Avatar image for omegadarkside1337
OmegaDarkside1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know much about Death Seed Sentry or Hyperion but according to everybody else Death Seed Sentry is off the charts so I'm going with Team 2 .

Avatar image for omegadarkside1337
OmegaDarkside1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JK Hyperion solos