Huntress and Robin III Vs. BW (Natasha) and BW (Yelena)

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Huntress is Helena Bertenelli, Robin is Tim Drake.

Round 1: Strict H2H

Round 2: All characters have their weapons, but the Black Widows are only allowed one handgun each.

Round 3: All characters have their weapons and standard armaments for both Black Widows

Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Versus

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Strafe Prower

I see the Black Widows taking it all. Huntress has yet to impress me and Tim wasn't impressive until he became Red Robin. Natasha should defeat either one handily.

I don't know much about Yelena, but if she can just keep up with either of these two, the BW's will win.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@Strafe Prower said:

I see the Black Widows taking it all. Huntress has yet to impress me and Tim wasn't impressive until he became Red Robin. Natasha should defeat either one handily.

I don't know much about Yelena, but if she can just keep up with either of these two, the BW's will win.

Did you ever read NML? Helena was pretty badass there.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Strafe Prower

@shroudofsorrow: NML?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@Strafe Prower: No Man's Land. At the climax of the story Huntress squared off against Joker and Harley backed up by a large number of armed thugs. It took being shot three times to stop her, with her continuing to fight after the first two bullets. She also took a fierce beating from Lady Shiva later on in Gail Simone's second BoP run.

Someone like that doesn't go down easily, even against Black Widow.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Strafe Prower

@shroudofsorrow: I should have rememberd that NML = No Man's Land XD

As for what you describe, Huntress does have incredible will power to push through such injuries. The fact that she got the injuries concerns me though. Put Widow in that situation and She would have come out unscathed.

I remember that...

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@Strafe Prower said:

@shroudofsorrow: I should have rememberd that NML = No Man's Land XD

As for what you describe, Huntress does have incredible will power to push through such injuries. The fact that she got the injuries concerns me though. Put Widow in that situation and She would have come out unscathed.

I remember that...

Against that many bullets coming her way?

What am I saying? Its Black Widow! LOL.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Continuing from what I said, if Helena can withstand a beating from Lady Shiva for at least a while, I can see her and Natasha going for at least a while.

From what little I know of the character, Yelena's problem seems to be that she's a bit hot-blooded, which I think Tim would likely exploit. Also note the round when they get their standard gear. Tim has a whole utility belt full of gadgets and also his staff. Tim Drake is considered to be the best staff user in the whole DCU (odd thing to be best at, I know, but still).

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By JamesKM716

Round I: Helena and Tim

Round II: Close, i think i'll give it to the Widows.

Round III: Once again, close, but i think Helena's crossbow woudl allow her to win.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716 said:

Round III: Once again, close, but i think Helena's crossbow woudl allow her to win.

Keep in mind that Helena and Tim have standard gear and weapons in rounds 2 and 3. The Widows only have one handgun each in round 2, not a full arsenal.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JamesKM716

@shroudofsorrow: So Helena has her crossbow in Round II?

then i think the bat affiliated team wins all three rounds

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strafe Prower

@shroudofsorrow: LOL

As for Helena vs Natasha, I'm sure Shiva could have killed her in a couple of blows, should she want. With Natasha's superior stats and skills, I just see her winning

I can't argue the Yelena thing, as I don't know much about her XD

@JamesKM716 said:

For Round 1, How are either of them going to defeat Natasha?

For Round 3, Natasha's widow's bite will be far more useful than Helena' s crossbow IMO.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Strafe Prower

I should be correct in the above....right? LOL

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@Strafe Prower said:

As for Helena vs Natasha, I'm sure Shiva could have killed her in a couple of blows, should she want. With Natasha's superior stats and skills, I just see her winning

I can't argue the Yelena thing, as I don't know much about her XD

The problem with that though is that Shiva was going to town on Helena and she was refusing to give in. Shiva didn't look like she was holding back at all there. And I'd also put Shiva above both Black Widows in terms of raw H2H skill. Of course, yes, once the Widow's Bite enters the equation Helena's losing.

I confess to knowing precious little about Yelena as well, just from what I do know I seem to remember that she was far more hot-blooded and arrogant than Natasha, but I could be completely wrong. According to the Marvel Encyclopedia (which I acknowledge is not the best source, but whatever) she is less experienced than Natasha, which gave Natasha the edge in at least their first fight, but it also says that Yelena achieved even higher marks than Natasha did during their training. Hmm...

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JamesKM716

@Strafe Prower: Tim Drake is a proven martial artist, and Helena should eb able to manage. I see them taking down Yelena together, and then Natasha together.

I confess to knowing almost nothing about Widow's bite. What is it exactly?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716 said:

@Strafe Prower: Tim Drake is a proven martial artist, and Helena should eb able to manage. I see them taking down Yelena together, and then Natasha together.

I confess to knowing almost nothing about Widow's bite. What is it exactly?

I hate to say it, but probably after downing Yelena they'd be way too weakened to contend with Natasha. Or the opposite if they go for Natasha first and somehow win.

From what I know of it, the Widow's Bite is a kind of energy blast that can stun you, or, if amped up enough do physical damage, the level of which I couldn't tell you. Widow usually seems to use it just for stunning purposes though. Its electrical, and at maximum can deliver a whopping 30,000 volts.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JamesKM716

Ah, then it seems that Tim (a genius) could lay some type of trap.

And i think if they were working together they could take down Yelena fairly easily. er not easily, but without ebign that weakened. I also don't see NAtasha winning against two opponents at once.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716: Natasha's pretty beast. She has enhanced strength, speed, reflexes, and agility. Not quite Spider-Man level mind you, but still better than that of an average human female. Her physical capabilities are also considered better than those of a Gold Medal-winning Olympic athlete.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like for Tim and Helena to win at least one round, but I've got to also acknowledge the Widow's skills, which are impressive all around.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JamesKM716

@shroudofsorrow: Fair enough. And i am by no means a expert on the Black Widows. So you're probably right :)

I would still give Round II to the Bat affiliates though, because A). They're used to guns. B). The Widows are likely to use guns C). Huntress gets her crossbow and with that, she could win. I think.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Strafe Prower said:

@Vance Astro I should be correct in the above....right? LOL

Probably.  

@shroudofsorrow said:

From what I know of it, the Widow's Bite is a kind of energy blast that can stun you, or, if amped up enough do physical damage, the level of which I couldn't tell you. Widow usually seems to use it just for stunning purposes though. Its electrical, and at maximum can deliver a whopping 30,000 volts.

Widow's Sting KO'd Moonstone in one use.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Strafe Prower

Note: The Widow's Bite has also made limbs temporarily paralyzed as well.

@Vance Astro: You know more on Black Widow, so I just wanted to double check.

batfan1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By batfan1939

Huntress wouldn't tank the bite, but from your description, Tim's suit is better insulated than 30KV. Batman's had 50K built into it. It might stun him for a second or two, but I don't think it's a KO. I just wanted to say that. My experience at comic's Black Widow begins and ends with a handful of issues of Daredevil from the 70's or 80's where she ended up breaking up with DD (over the answering machine, no less). She was wearing a gray catsuit with a Spider-logo on the chest (it looked like Spider-Man's chest logo, probably just because it's so generic).

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@batfan1939 said:

Huntress wouldn't tank the bite, but from your description, Tim's suit is better insulated than 30KV. Batman's had 50K built into it. It might stun him for a second or two, but I don't think it's a KO. I just wanted to say that. My experience at comic's Black Widow begins and ends with a handful of issues of Daredevil from the 70's or 80's where she ended up breaking up with DD (over the answering machine, no less). She was wearing a gray catsuit with a Spider-logo on the chest (it looked like Spider-Man's chest logo, probably just because it's so generic).

I am in agreement with this.

And yeah, poor DD just can't win when it comes to love. Of course I don't really see Widow as the kind of person who could ever manage to be in a successful long lasting romance, so I suppose between those two things their union was doomed from the start.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@Vance Astro said:

Hey, I never said it wasn't powerful.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@shroudofsorrow said:

@Vance Astro said:

Hey, I never said it wasn't powerful.

I know. I was just adding to what you said.
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By jeanroygrant

Widows all rounds.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers