• 73 results
#1 Edited by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

Intro:

I know there were a bunch of these when the movie first came out but we haven’t had any lately from what I’ve seen. Also I’ve added my own little twist. Each day I will read the posts and the character with the least argument for them, or the worst arguments will be eliminated until we have the final two at the end of the week.

The idea is that these 8 Tributes have been chosen to face off to the death in a bloody spectacle for the decadent upper class to witness. In order to ensure their cooperation powerful nuclear bombs have been planted in areas that mean a lot to them. Only if they win will their loved ones be spared. They also have indestructible, tamper proof, neck collars that cancel healing factors and have enough explosives to successfully turn any of the tributes into nothing but pink mist if they don’t cooperate. Just like in the Hunger Games the tributes have done group training sessions so they are at least vaguely familiar with each other.

Tributes begin equally spaced in a circle around the cornucopia of weapons, standing on pedestals. If they leave the pedestals before the sounding of the horn to go they will be blown to bits. Once the horn sounds it is a free for all. The tributes can choose to make a dash for weapons or break for cover. They then have free range over the entire environment within the dome.

Rules:

- Elimination by Death only.

- The characters all begin with nothing except socks, undergarments, combat boots, and BDU Pants w/ a belt.

- The Tributes cannot leave the dome.

- No time limit.

- Night and Day pass like normal.

- Tributes have free range within the dome

- A cannon will sound with each death

- Tributes will have no prior knowledge of the environment

- The environment is unpopulated, but abundant with wild game and predators.

- All Tributes are in character. (Bruce will not like it, but he will kill if all other options are exhausted.

- Ammo is limited to the amount specified in the cornucopia, it is NOT unlimited.

- Tributes are all in character.

- Bucky cannot use any of the electronics in his cybernetic arm

Tributes:

Frank Castle

Bruce Wayne

Oliver Queen

X-23 (declawed)

Sergei Kravinoff

Bucky Barnes

Snake-Eyes

Hawkeye (616)

Weapons:

2 Adamantium Katana

1 Adamantium Broadsword

2 Adamantium Spear

Crate of Frag Grenades

Crate of Flash-Bangs

Crate of Gas Grenades

1 Barrett .50 Cal Sniper Rifle

5 Assorted Adamantium Combat Knives

9 Adamantium Throwing Knives

1 Adamantium Bo Staff

2 Adamantium Escrima Sticks

2 Adamantium Nun-chuks

1 Compound Bow

1 Crossbow

1 Quiver of 15 Adamantium Tipped Crossbow Bolts

1 Quiver of 20 Adamantium Tipped Arrows

2 lbs of Semtex

1 Uzi

2 Colt 1911 Pistols

1 M-4 Assault Rifle

1 Mossberg 500 Pump Action Shotgun

4 .50 Cal Sniper Bullets

30 Uzi bullets

25 .45 Cal Bullets

15 5.56 Bullets

15 12 Guage Shells

2 Adamantium Hatchets

6 Bouncing Bettys

Other Gear

100 ft High Strength Nylon Rope

200 ft of fishing line

3 Pair Binoculars

2 Handheld Telescope

4 Compass

4 Canteens w/ fresh water

2 boxes matches

3 Adamantium Bear traps

1 Bottle Asprin

1 bottle Antibiotics

2 Pair Sunglasses

6 Pairs of T-shirts

2 Tank Tops

3 Shemaghs

3 Cast Iron Pans

2 Cast iron Pots

3 Sets Silverware

Food

2 Bushels Apples

5 Bunches of Bananas

6 Loaves of Bread

10 cans of beans

1 sack of potatoes

3 sacks of oranges

1 bag of peanuts

5 lbs of steak

5 lbs of chicken breast

I bag of bagels

1 can of Ravioli

2 bushels of corn

1 bottle of whiskey

Setting:

Quadrant 1
Cornucopia Area
Quadrant 2
Quadrant 3
Quadrant 4

#2 Posted by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

I put all this effort in and...no one.

Awesome guys. No one can ever complain there are no good, creative well thought out threads.

#3 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, you actually did a really good job with this thread, too bad i didn't see it when it was first made. It's really cool.

I think that Kraven and Bruce would be the final two tributes. Kraven's pure hunting ability and resourcefulness gives him an upper hand against most opponents here, especially in these environments.

The only thing close to Kraven's abilities here, are Bruce's imho. I think that he is strategical, tactical, resourceful and cunning enough to pull off a runner up to Kraven. The fact that he has almost everyone here outclassed in terms of stealth could give him a hand too.

#4 Posted by nickthedevil (11411 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier ftw

#5 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

yo this here is dope man, were the other hunger game threads this dope?

#6 Posted by ferventking (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Giving it to X-23 due to enhanced senses beating stealth and healing factor.

#7 Posted by i_like_swords (12691 posts) - - Show Bio

REEEALLY WISH YOU PUT MARVEL NOW CAP IN THIS. I'd be able to argue for Marvel Now Cap quite well if you put him in. I think he'd be better than Punisher or Bucky for this battle. @lunacyde

#8 Posted by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

@ferventking: Her healing factor is cancelled out as stated in the OP

#9 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde: Haha, but any way I see Batman pulling this out due to experience and the availability of Adamantium. If X-23 was replaced by Wolverine, then we have something else to deal with.

#10 Posted by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by The Stegman (22779 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome set up, I'm considering giving it to Bruce, I think he's the best at stealth and h2h.

#12 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6865 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Kraven. He's a beast and the forest is exactly his type of playground. I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to make some poisons from whatever he could forage.

#13 Posted by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: I like the thought you put into it, but what forest? The entire area is different stages of desert

#14 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6865 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

@omgomgwtfwtf: I like the thought you put into it, but what forest? The entire area is different stages of desert

You got me there. Oddly enough I saw the desert pics, but still wrote forest. So I guess, it's me being silly. But given that a desert have some of the most poisonous creatures in existence, my point on poisons is still viable. I just think that Kraven is more suited for this type of match, given that his life revolves around hunting quarry. I see him taking his time picking off the needles on a cactus and dipping them in scorpion venom. He would then use them to incapacitate people he comes across. He could also probably fashion out a spear and dip that in venom and start going hunting :)

#15 Posted by Black_Arrow (2424 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde: Bruce cant win this take out his morals or dont put him in the fight

#16 Posted by Dextersinister (5705 posts) - - Show Bio

You can make a case for someone beating him in a straight up fight.

You could make a case for someone being a better survivalist.

You could make a case for someone being stealthier.

But when it comes to combined fighting skill, stealth, survivalist training,resourcefulness and the ability to analyze his opponents during their training and then use that information better than any of them then Bruce will be the one walking out of this.

#17 Posted by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow: would Bruce sacrifice millions of innocent lives for his rule? That's an interesting question I think

#18 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde: Yes. He does this every time he lets Joker(and the other insane villains) live another day. It's kind of his thing.

#19 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister:

But when it comes to combined fighting skill, stealth, survivalist training,resourcefulness and the ability to analyze his opponents during their training and then use that information better than any of them then Bruce will be the one walking out of this.

Him or Kraven. Kraven has spent his entire life hunting Spiderman level opponents.

#20 Posted by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

Feel free...in fact feel encouraged to discuss who you believe would die first.

#21 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins here

#22 Posted by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

@soothing_sounds:

Yes but this is a somewhat different situation. Here his actions directly and immediately doom millions of innocents to be wiped off the face of the Earth. In those other situations yes you realize that by letting joker live more people are going to eventually die. In this situation it's a lot more concrete. Besides Batman was willing to kill Darkseid in Final Crisis.

#23 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde: Meh, Darkseid is an evil God overlord. These are just people, but i see your point, that is an interesting question. In that one movie i saw (don't know how official this reaction would be) but even when multiple earths were in danger, Batman still opted not to kill. In this situation, Batman HAS to kill though to save the lives of many... meh, i tend to think he would kill.

#24 Edited by CamKensei (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde: Yes. He does this every time he lets Joker(and the other insane villains) live another day. It's kind of his thing.

^This right here. I'm 99% sure that if he was 100% in character, Bruce wouldn't kill. His rule means more to him than simply protecting people, just like being Batman means more to him than simply stopping crime, which is why at the end of the day, I think he'd bust his ass to try to find some other way to end this fight. If it was a Batman comic, he'd be able to do it. But, since there's no possible way for him to end this other than to kill, I think he'd end up getting killed, or putting everyone else into a death-like state with pressure points, which may or may not work.

#25 Posted by sungod88 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Take out Bruce or allow him to kill.

With the set rules I give it to Kraven or green arrow. Kraven would make best use of the area. Green Arrow would be best with the equipment in my opinion.

#26 Edited by TheBournePoster (575 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce. As already stated, his stealth and tactical genius give him the win. He would observe all the other tributes from afar, knocking out or hog-tying any tribute he ran into (except for Kraven) He could easily formulate a strategy to give him the win.

#27 Posted by sungod88 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't the rules say win only by Death? He doesn't kill normally.

#28 Posted by Juiceboks (7506 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta give it to Kraven. Surviving and hunting are kinda his thing.

#29 Edited by Dextersinister (5705 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister:

Him or Kraven. Kraven has spent his entire life hunting Spiderman level opponents.

Spiderman level opponents is not a benchmark in any of these factors as when people say Spiderman level they are always talking about his power. If Peter Parker was powerless and in this he would be one of the first people to die. As it is Kraven gets outsmarted by Peter if Kraven doesn't have the prep advantage over him and his tactical abilities don't come close to Bruces.

#30 Posted by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion the first to fall is going to be determined largely on the initial decision to run in towards the cornucopia or out away from it. I think Frank, Bucky, Ollie, and Clint will opt to arm themselves while Bruce, SE, Kraven, and Laura will opt to seek cover first. This means that most likely the first to fall would be one of those in the cornucopia. I think this leads to a direct confrontation between Ollie and Clint. They would both see the bow a nd make a dash for it.

#31 Edited by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

I could also see Frank, Clint, and Bucky calling a temporay truce and working together to thin the heard.

#32 Posted by Jgames (1572 posts) - - Show Bio

Oliver can take this he did survive in a island for five years. With his skill he should be able to kill alot of people with the weapon provided, but kraven is also here so he probalybe the second contender, and Bruce Wayne in charecter don't kill, he probaly escaped and free everybody

#33 Edited by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

As everyone can see I amended the rules so Bruce can kill.

#34 Posted by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

A couple more hours And someone get eliminated

#35 Posted by Ironshinobi88 (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel the most dangerous combatants are Snake Eyes, X23 and Kraven.

Snake has considerable stealth skill snd Kraven with super hunting instincts, as well as xx23 with her enhanced senses.

Overall I agree Kraven will win, I see bucky and oliver struggling here, unless Bruce breaks his morals he will eventually die

#36 Edited by jwalser3 (4796 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven!

#37 Posted by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

DAY 1 : ELIMINATION - Please no negative comments on my writing lol, just a 10 minute blurb I wrote for the fun of it.

The midday sun beat down oppressively on eight motionless bodies. Eight blank faces, unblinking in the sweltering heat. Eight bodies coiled like compressed springs, ready to leap into action. Aggression, intensity, strength of will, barely contained by tense muscles and unwavering stares, ready to be released.

It seemed like an eternity, standing there, minds reeling to take in every inch of terrain, every tiny detail that could be the difference between life…and death. And then all of the sudden there it was. The loud, bellowing thrust of the horn. So thick and heavy you could feel it in your chest and on your sweat stained face. It was disorienting in it’s severity, like the shockwave of an explosion ripping through the air. No one stood still, all eight figures leaping to life. Some made for cover, probably hoping to disappear into the sagebrush and Joshua trees. A few though made a dash for the weapons. They ran as if their bodies were on fire, hurdling bags of clothing and baskets of fruit. The weapons were strew wildly across the cornucopia, the ammo as far away from the gun that it belonged to as possible. Two bare-chested men scrambled for one item in particular, as light from the burning sun glinted brightly off it’s polished curves. One of the men was just a step ahead of the other and he grasped the bow with his outstretched hand. No sooner had his fingers wrapped around the handle than the other man hit with bone crushing force. He wrapped his arms around the first man and tackled him to the ground, sending boxes of supplies tumbling. The man with the bow swung it swiftly wracking the second man across the side of his head. He reversed positions pinning his opponent down with the bow to his neck. The trapped man gasped for breath the cold metal of the bow crushing his trachea. He grabbed at the bow trying to pull it from his throat, but his opponent was strong, and had the advantage of leverage. He created just enough slack to pull a deep breath into his aching lungs. He dug deep, beyond the pain, beyond the agony and forced himself to focus. Out of the corner of his eye something caught the light of the sun. He reached out to it, grasping it with a lightning fast motion, and plunging the crossbow bolt into his opponent’s neck.

Meanwhile on the other side of the cornucopia two more men scrambled to find the supplies that they needed. Frank Castle dug through a stack of boxes until he found just what he was looking for. He slid the loaded clip into the Colt .45 pistol and squeezed off a volley of lead towards the other man who dove quickly behind a large rock. From behind the rock he could hear the other man yelling over the crack of gunshots. ‘Frank, I know you’ve done the math. The only way we stand a chance is to stick together and thin out the competition.” Castle lowered his gun, still staring at the boulder with a grim expression.

“And how do I know I can trust you Barnes?”

“Because Frank, we need each other, and we know each other. You can either trust me, or try your luck with some of these other guys.”

“I don’t like it, but you may be right.” He turned his head. “May as well get Barton in on this too.”

However when they turned to where the two men had been fighting they saw Clint Barton lying in a pool of scarlet liquid, his bloodstained assailant sprinting off into the rugged terrain with a bow and quiver slung over his broad shoulders.

RIP Clint Barton

From now on lets focus on debating who we think would be the next person eliminated, not who would win per se. I apologize I didn't make it clear in the OP.

#38 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4795 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven or Snake Eyes. Bruce is out of his element without prep and none of his gear.

#39 Posted by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow drew first blood...what happens next?

#40 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6865 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

Green Arrow drew first blood...what happens next?

Kraven takes Clint Barton's spine and fashions a sharp spear with it and decides to go hunting ;)

#41 Posted by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: despite that being impossible I like the creativity

#42 Edited by tparks (3967 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde: Awesome. Nice to see a very creative and fun thread.

Anyways, I think Kraven can make it through to at least the next round. He will have no problem hunting game and setting traps with his environment. The longer this tournament lasts, the better off he is because of his edge in survival skills and hunting. He may not win it all, but he can survive in the wild better then anyone.

I think Castle and Barnes are going to guard the supplies and hoard their arsenal for this next round. I see everyone avoiding them because it would be too dangerous to try and take on Castle who has no qualms with killing someone. When it get's near the end, and the other tributes are desperate for supplies, the other tributes will have to form a temporary alliance to try and either sabotage their supplies, kill Punisher and Bucky, or distract them enough that they can steal some supplies.

Green Arrow may have just became the deadliest tribute though. He has hidden himself in the woods with a bow and quiver. Green Arrow hidden with a bow is more dangerous then Punisher and Barnes fully loaded. I'm not sure if he would kill right away though. He will probably hide in a tree and hunt any game that comes across his path. He could leave himself vulnerable when he goes and collects his kill, but I think he will survive this round.

That leaves Bruce Wayne, X-23, and Snake Eyes. Snake Eyes and Bruce both have the edge in stealth. While X-23 is skilled with stealth, I don't think she compares to Bruce and Snake Eyes who can make themselves almost invisible in their surroundings.

I could see X-23 trying to find somewhere to hide. While running through the woods, Kraven might track her. With an ambush, I can see Kraven making the next kill and X-23 being the next to die.

#43 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6865 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

How about wearing Clint Barton's skin to mess with his foes psychologically :P

#44 Edited by tparks (3967 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

How about wearing Clint Barton's skin to mess with his foes psychologically :P

Poor Hawkeye. He get's killed in the first seconds and now people are making tools from his spine and wearing his skin.

#45 Posted by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha I LOVE this thread. Only thing...everyone keeps saying its in the forest lol

#46 Edited by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: nice write up I enjoyed it and I'm thinking similarly. Good thoughtful responses like that are why I make these threads

#47 Posted by tparks (3967 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

Haha I LOVE this thread. Only thing...everyone keeps saying its in the forest lol

Haha, I assumed it was the same location as the Hunger Games movie. I see the location says quadrants, what kind of area it this?

#48 Posted by Lunacyde (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: it's desert...aren't the images showing up for the different quadrants?

#50 Posted by tparks (3967 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde: Oh ok, that makes thing's somewhat different. I can't see any images. It just says:

Setting:Quadrant 1

Quadrant 2Quadrant 3Quadrant 4Cornucopia Area