• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bones (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight to death! Who would win and why

#2 Posted by Ketch (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Human Torch. He can fly.

#3 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Healing factor is strong for Wolvie, while Human Torch is only human with flames running around him. I think that Wolverine will win, he is more of a bad ass and can revive.

#4 Posted by Ketch (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine can't touch Human Torch if he's in the air.

#5 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

And anything human torch throws at Wolverine can be dodged or healed.

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ummm.... just double check but adamantium doesn't melt and anything below stupidly high temperatures right?

in that case...

snikt, snikt

who's the toasted wiener on the floor logan?

M

#7 Posted by Ketch (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Human Torch can burn Wolverine to bone, then take all the bones and disperse them before he heals. Even if that doesn't work, Wolverine can't touch the Human Torch to kill him.

#8 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

He can't detach the skeleton, its indestructible, I don't think the Hulk can rip Wolverine's bones apart. Unless it's the ultimate universe.

Seriously, Torch's best bet is to keep the fire on and pray he won't run out of it, cause when he does, its all over for him.

#9 Posted by Bones (16 posts) - - Show Bio

i think that human torch would win

#10 Posted by Ketch (327 posts) - - Show Bio

The stuff that holds his bones togeter aren't indestructable. If they were, he couldn't move. It's his skeleton, not his joints that are adamantum.

#11 Posted by Ketch (327 posts) - - Show Bio

He can't win if he can't touch the enemy.

#12 Posted by king_pin (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Human Torch as the advantange of flying..a better fight would be human torch vs sunfire

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm guessing that, of the two recent examples of his healing, people are thinking about when Logan healed from Nitro's attack and not when it took him more than half an hour to heal upper body damage, despite the latter being more in line with the rest of his history, and the former being bad writing. Even going by that insane showing though, there are at least two easy ways for HT to win. Nova (which I'm pretty sure would melt his bones along with everything else) or tossing his bones in the ocean and letting him drown to death as he heals.

#14 Posted by Commander Canada (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine all the way he would own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude seriously,

How many times can you possibly post and end up saying nothing at all.

Human Torch could kill Wolverine with his Nova-Flame from well outside 'SNIKT' range... brain matter burned away, organs reduced to ash, blood evaporated, not even the slightest bit DNA left for Wolverine to grow a body from.

All that would remain would be a slightly charred adamantium skeleton.
Post Edited:2007-05-15 16:01:54

#16 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#17 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicvine.com/human-torch/2120/

"Johnny has the ability to cover his entire body in flames. He can fly at great speeds and project fireballs. He can generate a Nova blast which reaches one million degrees Fahrenheit. This temporarily depletes his powers and he requires some time to recuperate."

Based on issues of Fantastic Four he does this pretty quickly (within the time of a single panel).

The surface of the sun is 9,980 Farenheit. Titanium melts at 3,034 Farenheit. Human Torch's Nova Flame is comparable to a nuclear strike, and your boy Wolvie would be at Ground Zero. I'm pretty sure this would utterly destroy all living matter within the blast radius including Wolverine.

Question: Say Torch is hovering about one hundred feet off the ground. How does Wolverine bury his claws before Torch reduces him to a lifeless adamantium skeleton?

Answer: He doesn't.

#18 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

In a recent issue of 'Wolverine', he was reduced to a skeleton by Nitro. Nitro merely explodes, he caused the woods they were in to catch fire... and this caused Wolvie to be burnt down to his skeleton.

Human Torch gets many times hotter than the sun and can center focus his attention on Wolvie to ensure he gets the job done from several hundred feet in the air.

Wolverine wouldn't have the time to dig a fallout shelter.

And he's survived as often as he has against the Phoenix because Jean has a soft spot for him. Otherwise she'd toss him into a star before she consumed it.

#19 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't bother. It's all lost on him.

#20 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Don't bother. It's all lost on him."

I know, I've talked myself out of saying some things... it's just very frustrating to read post after post of uninformed nonsense.

Thanks for the reminder.

#21 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Except that my post was Nitro killing him... Torch could ensure that all traces of DNA were destroyed.

#23 Posted by GambitO (980 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Gambit0 the wolverine reconstruction it is really speedy and impress you I don't believe that when burning it including their DNA it can be conquered by HUMAN TORCH

#24 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

GambitO says:

"I agree with Gambit0 the wolverine reconstruction it is really speedy and impress you I don't believe that when burning it including their DNA it can be conquered by HUMAN TORCH"

wha buh...

#25 Posted by Wael Hero X (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine , HT's fire won't kill wolverine

#26 Posted by k4tzm4n (51177 posts) - - Show Bio

CURRENT Wolverine no longer has the PIS healing factor, it's been reduced.  Human Torch flies around, burns Wolverine, causing all of his internal organs and brain to melt.  For fans that are going to post scans of him surviving the encounter with Nitro, go back and read my first sentence.

Staff Online
#27 Edited by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio
k4tzm4n said:
CURRENT Wolverine no longer has the PIS healing factor, it's been reduced.  Human Torch flies around, burns Wolverine, causing all ... [more]
i keep hearing his HF being reduced but all i know is that he simply made a deal to agree to die can you show a scan of his hf being said to be reduced?
#28 Posted by k4tzm4n (51177 posts) - - Show Bio
Dark King said:
k4tzm4n said: CURRENT Wolverine no longer has the PIS healing factor, it's been reduced.  Human Torch flies around, burns Wolverine, ... [more]

Nope, because I don't have scans for Wolverine.  Just go read the post-civil war story arc.  Every time Wolverine would recover from significant damage to his brain or loss of vital organs is because he was literally UNABLE to die, like Deadpool.  That has since been removed.  His healing factor is obviously still impressive, but here there just isn't a thing he can do unless they're fighting in a compact environment.
Staff Online
#29 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio
k4tzm4n said:
Dark King said: k4tzm4n said: CURRENT Wolverine no longer has the PIS healing factor, it's been reduced.  Human Torch flies ... [more]
yeah his HF hasnt bn  reduced so stop saying it has
#30 Posted by k4tzm4n (51177 posts) - - Show Bio
Dark King said:
k4tzm4n said: Dark King said: k4tzm4n said: CURRENT Wolverine no longer has the PIS healing factor, it's been reduced.  Human ... [more]

It has.  Do you even read "Wolverine"?  Directly after the civil war arch was a story called "The Death of Wolverine" explains it.  Check it out and once your done with that, you'll be allowed to dispute about Wolverine's abilities.  http://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-Death-Premiere-HC/dp/0785126112
Staff Online
#31 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

question couldnt torchies blast get hot enough to melt his adamantium

#32 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio
k4tzm4n said:
Dark King said: k4tzm4n said: Dark King said: k4tzm4n said: CURRENT Wolverine no longer has the PIS healing factor, it's ... [more]
#33 Posted by k4tzm4n (51177 posts) - - Show Bio

You posted but a single scan and didn't even say anything about it.  You also left out what that explains, so here you go:

" By killing Phaedra, Wolverine accepts that he ends the arrangement with Azrael. As a result, if Wolverine dies again, it's permanent. Azrael also informs him that he can't promise that his healing factor will remain as strong as it has been. Wolverine accepts this and leaves, stating that he has no intention of dying."

Staff Online
#34 Posted by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

Torch fries him let's be real here lol

#35 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio
k4tzm4n said:
You posted but a single scan and didn't even say anything about it.  You also left out what that explains, ... [more]
now read what you just typed and explain where it was stated that his HF was reduced.
#36 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

melted wolvie puddle

#37 Posted by k4tzm4n (51177 posts) - - Show Bio
Dark King said:
k4tzm4n said: You posted but a single scan and didn't even say anything about it.  You also left out what ... [more]

*sigh*
For once, Wolverine can now DIE from his injuries.  Previously, he was UNABLE to die. That's called a DOWNGRADE. Second, he stated the healing factor may not be up to par, implying there's the potential injuries will not heal as quickly.  So, Wolverine's internal organs get destroyed = highly likely for death.
Staff Online
#38 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio

it depends it is all still assumption with what could kill him being reduced to a skeleton should do it, being shot in the brain unlikely seeing as he is already healing  from crap like that.  missing organs it depends since his HF works on adrenaline emotion of anger rage and will power.  you dont know what lvl its bn downgraded to and its BS for you to say it.

#39 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

unless wolverine can get to torch then torch ftw....

#40 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL @ a Healing Factor working on willpower. Deadpool fans tried that crap with me months ago and failed.

#41 Posted by k4tzm4n (51177 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao.  First and foremost, you should really proof read your posts first.  Second, I read Wolverine so I'm well aware of the events.  The standard human can survive a bullet to the brain and that was only a 9mm.  A huge factor is where the bullet hits.  This is entirely irrelevant in this fight since my argument is the human torch is going to cause his internal organs to melt, as well as his brain.  Also, how do you even expect Wolverine to tag him?  The ONLY way to make this fair is by having it in a small, compact setting.  Otherwise, it's a slaughter and entirely unfair.  It's beyond me how you can't grasp this.

Staff Online
#42 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
k4tzm4n said:
lmao.  First and foremost, you should really proof read your posts first.  Second, I read Wolverine so I'm well aware ... [more]
He can't grasp it because it's Wolverine. That's why. Human Torch wins this without a doubt.
#43 Posted by k4tzm4n (51177 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock said:
k4tzm4n said: lmao.  First and foremost, you should really proof read your posts first.  Second, I read Wolverine so I'm ... [more]

I think many people suffer from that...We should really come up with a name for it.
Staff Online
#44 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
k4tzm4n said:
  Static Shock said: k4tzm4n said: lmao.  First and foremost, you should really proof read your posts first.  Second, I ... [more]
The name for it is obvious. I just don't feel like saying it. LOL
#45 Edited by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
LOL @ a Healing Factor working on willpower. Deadpool fans tried that crap with me months ago and failed. [more]
wolverine showed  that ability when he fought an alien entity that merged with cocaine and infected his body his perception actually shifted to a molecular lvl showing him and his anti bodies fighting the alien infection it was how he focused his will power by showing it as a bunch of him. wolverine #21 and 22

he did it again when he went up to the mountains to retrieve some alien monster for viper he stated after he was stabbed by the alien and infected that he had the will power to fight of the venom. 

he has also used medative techniques to kick start and guide  the HF  as well as block the pain and produce endorphins.

#46 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio
Dark King said:
Static Shock said: LOL @ a Healing Factor working on willpower. Deadpool fans tried that crap with me months ago ... [more]

nice
#47 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio
k4tzm4n said:
lmao.  First and foremost, you should really proof read your posts first.  Second, I read Wolverine so I'm well aware ... [more]
i never stated that logan wins i had issue with your HF BS statement, i know logan loses this fight in an open terrain via torch's nova blast, the only chance logan has to win here is if it was in the middle new york city. so you and static shock can stop trying to insult me with implying names at me.
#48 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Dark King said:
Static Shock said: LOL @ a Healing Factor working on willpower. Deadpool fans tried that crap with me months ago ... [more]
Post the scan. I need to see visual evidence of him using his willpower. It has to be implied somewhere in the scans, not assumed. Post the for me. As far as I'm concerned, willpower has no control over involuntary processes. Still wanna see them, though.
#49 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

i laugh at them for thinking i'm an wolverine fanboy

#50 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio