Human Torch Vs iceman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iceman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#451  Edited By iceman100

i don't know if sunfire is on the same level of human torch, but iceman has been shown to molecularly stop sunfire from accessing his powers at all.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#452  Edited By Saren

Iceman.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current HT ftw thanks to Cosmic Rod.

MrBigBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454  Edited By MrBigBalls

Iceman

iceman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455  Edited By iceman100

human torch takes 12 hours to recover entirely after using his nova burst anyhow, while iceman has no side affects as taxing

iceman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456  Edited By iceman100

iceman man can also fly under his own power using his control over water vapor which shows his control over vapor is much more skillful than human torch's

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#457  Edited By Edgeworth_11

@iceman100 said:

i don't know if sunfire is on the same level of human torch, but iceman has been shown to molecularly stop sunfire from accessing his powers at all.

Iceman has already done that to Humantorch as well, even before he got his powers upgraded. Iceman stomps.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrBigBalls :
@Edgeworth_11 :
@iceman100
@CitizenBane :

Did You've read Fantastic Four #600?
superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#459  Edited By superstay

I HT Supernova really as hot as a Supernova.

Thorstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460  Edited By Thorstomp

Iceman.

Avatar image for personification
Personification

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461  Edited By Personification

Iceman

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462  Edited By jeanroygrant

Iceman.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#463  Edited By AssertingValor

@franklinrichards86 said:

theres 22 pages of posting i read or scimmed most and maybe some one said this already but if the torch goes supernova or a 1million degrees if that is his limit he would beat ice man easily because that type of temperature would wipe out even the moisture in the air it would turn every thing to ash or dust or nothing at all it would turn sand to glass and burn out all oxygen in the area so unless iceman can draw moisture from a great distance one supernova and its over
DMman94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464  Edited By DMman94

Dont want to open old wounds here but I just want to get scientific about this,

Iceman has weaknesses, he is still a human, he still need to eat, breathe, and even if he can regenerate, i do think he can get knocked out. Concussive force to the brain and all that stuff. He cant stay solid in extreme heat, he also cant perform well in dry places (been proven in the comics), he can only freeze the water molecules in the air, not create more from his body ( just able to turn him self to organic ice) , leaving that if there is not enough water in the air, he cant make ice. Also him regenerating from a gas to a liquid does take some of strength out of him, meaning if human torch melts him for a set # of times, iceman gives up from tiredness. But that is the only way that i could see HT beating Iceman.

other then that, Iceman landslide.

Park

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465  Edited By Park

Iceman's powers are defined as creating an absence of heat energy so Iceman would probably just take away Johnny's flame.

fluffypigeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#466  Edited By fluffypigeons

iceman will ice him down

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467  Edited By Jorgevy

they are friends they wouldn't fight

but if they did, it would depends on who was the strongest with his powers. If Johny can go up enough before Bobby can take the heat out, Bobby would get weak and go out. If bobby can pump it up faster and stronger he will just disable any heat from being created and Johny has nothing

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468  Edited By Bo88gdan

IceMan

ThatThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469  Edited By ThatThorFan

Iceman

Human Torch can melt him all he wants but Iceman can live in a gaseous state.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#470  Edited By ImmortalOne

Iceman, unless Storm uses the nova blast first.

darkslayer175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471  Edited By darkslayer175

ice man

Iohan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472  Edited By Iohan26

Iceman

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473  Edited By jeanroygrant

Iceman.

BeaverSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474  Edited By BeaverSauce

iceman is an omega level mutant human tourch couldn't touch him. He could simply manipulate the water molecules in the air and freeze the air and suffocate tourch, or evaporate all the water in tourch's body to dehydrate him to death as he can manipulate water and vapor

XEL820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475  Edited By XEL820

@LordMaverick said:

theres 22 pages of posting i read or scimmed most and maybe some one said this already but if the torch goes supernova or a 1million degrees if that is his limit he would beat ice man easily because that type of temperature would wipe out even the moisture in the air it would turn every thing to ash or dust or nothing at all it would turn sand to glass and burn out all oxygen in the area so unless iceman can draw moisture from a great distance one supernova and its over

Iceman has two parts to his power. Thermo/Cryokinesis and Hydrokinesis. Even without water, he can slow down the molecules around him, preventing Torch from bringing out flames anywhere near that powerful. Absolute Energy, which is the theoretical antithesis to Absolute Zero, is all the energy in the universe. Torch hasn't shown to be able to get anywhere close to this kind of heat. On the other hand, Bobby has shown to be able to reach Absolute Zero, or damn near close to it. Think of AE as life, and AZ as death (since it technically is, anyways); you can give death to life, but you can't give life to death.

@DMman94 said:

Iceman has weaknesses, he is still a human, he still need to eat, breathe, and even if he can regenerate, i do think he can get knocked out. Concussive force to the brain and all that stuff. He cant stay solid in extreme heat, he also cant perform well in dry places (been proven in the comics), he can only freeze the water molecules in the air, not create more from his body ( just able to turn him self to organic ice) , leaving that if there is not enough water in the air, he cant make ice. Also him regenerating from a gas to a liquid does take some of strength out of him, meaning if human torch melts him for a set # of times, iceman gives up from tiredness. But that is the only way that i could see HT beating Iceman.

The thing is, with this argument, you're saying Bobby will let Johnny melt him. While Johnny can set himself ablaze, and increase the heat around him ("creating" more energy), Bobby can "kill" energy around himself. He does this by slowing down molecular movement. Without molecular movement, there is no energy. No energy means no fire. Like I mentioned above, death to life, but but not life to death.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bobby controls chemical reactions at the molecular level, though he specifies in temperature.

He once shut down Sunfire's powers so that he couldn't use his powers, same happens to Johnny.

Bobby 10/10, murderstomp.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Bobby wins via his cryokenisis and overall awesomeness lol

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478  Edited By TheThe

Iceman.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iceman

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@XEL820 said:

@LordMaverick said:

Iceman has two parts to his power. Thermo/Cryokinesis and Hydrokinesis. Even without water, he can slow down the molecules around him, preventing Torch from bringing out flames anywhere near that powerful. Absolute Energy, which is the theoretical antithesis to Absolute Zero, is all the energy in the universe. Torch hasn't shown to be able to get anywhere close to this kind of heat. On the other hand, Bobby has shown to be able to reach Absolute Zero, or damn near close to it. Think of AE as life, and AZ as death (since it technically is, anyways); you can give death to life, but you can't give life to death.

@DMman94 said:

The thing is, with this argument, you're saying Bobby will let Johnny melt him. While Johnny can set himself ablaze, and increase the heat around him ("creating" more energy), Bobby can "kill" energy around himself. He does this by slowing down molecular movement. Without molecular movement, there is no energy. No energy means no fire. Like I mentioned above, death to life, but but not life to death.

wow. You sure do your home work well.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481  Edited By ghostrider2

Iceman.

Spidermeat101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482  Edited By Spidermeat101

Iceman is cooler (pun intended) and would win.

drunkninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483  Edited By drunkninja

iceman

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484  Edited By iLLituracy

aw man is it a coincidence that i was just talking about this thread the other day and then it pops up again???

georgia251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485  Edited By georgia251

Who do u thik fire and ice lol

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486  Edited By comic_book_fan

omega level iceman wins unless torch breaks out the cosmic control rod regular iceman gets stomped

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487  Edited By iLLituracy

human torch c:

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488  Edited By ghost_rider1
@iLLituracy

human torch c:

No....
Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489  Edited By New_World_Order

Iceman.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490  Edited By iLLituracy

@ghost_rider1 said:

@iLLituracy

human torch c:

No....

this is the most sound argument i've ever heard on this site

i yield to your superior knowledge please forgive me

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491  Edited By ghost_rider1
@iLLituracy

@ghost_rider1 said:

@iLLituracy

human torch c:

No....

Lol...obviously I do have superior knowledge if u think human torch can beat iceman. Why do u think johnny win this?? Is it because fire melts ice?
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492  Edited By iLLituracy

@ghost_rider1 said:

@iLLituracy

@ghost_rider1 said:

@iLLituracy

human torch c:

No....

Lol...obviously I do have superior knowledge if u think human torch can beat iceman. Why do u think johnny win this?? Is it because fire melts ice?

yeah man

fire does melt ice

it melts v easily with fire present

matter of fact it's hard to keep ice around in a cup of cold water have you ever had a cup of cold water with ice in it ice doesn't last more than thirty minutes it's most upsetting and fire is a lot hotter than cold water i reckon you know???

i mean if you want to be condescending you could present why you think iceman would win

and please don't just state "he's omega level"

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493  Edited By ghost_rider1
@iLLituracy

@ghost_rider1 said:

@iLLituracy

@ghost_rider1 said:

@iLLituracy

human torch c:

No....

yeah man

fire does melt ice

matter of fact it's hard to keep ice around in a cup of cold water have you ever had a cup of cold water with ice in it ice doesn't last more than thirty minutes it's most upsetting and fire is a lot hotter than cold water i reckon you know???

i mean if you want to be condescending you could present why you think iceman would win

Sure...why not?? Unfortunately I can't post scans anymore to prove anything to u. U will need someone else to do that. Iceman is immortal and can't be beaten by ordinary means. Even if u melt iceman...he will only reform. He can exist as a solid, liquid, or gas form such as water vapor. As long as there is moisture on earth. Iceman can't be beaten. Iceman powers can freeze on a molecular level. In a fight against legion he froze every water molecule in his entire body. Unfortunately for johnny he is human. And humans entire body is made of 70% water. And iceman can freeze him instantly. He has also shown to freeze blood. When demonstrating his powers to emma frost. He froze the bloodflow to her brain with a simple THOUGHT. He didn't have to touch or even look at her for him to do this. One of the most powerful telpeaths on the planet was helpless against iceman. He can steal the moisture from other ppl as well. He was once incinerated till their was nothing of him left. And all he did was sap the moisture from their body and instantly reformed...melting iceman will do absolutely nothing to him at all. He has even shown that he can negate ppl from accesing their fire element powers. He did this to sunfire in the past. And used his own powers to stop her from having acces to her own. Human torch has no way to put iceman down....and have no defense against iceman freezing his blood or his body on a molecular level by simply just thinking about it.
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494  Edited By iLLituracy

@ghost_rider1 said:

@iLLituracy

@ghost_rider1 said:

@iLLituracy

@ghost_rider1 said:

@iLLituracy

human torch c:

No....

yeah man

fire does melt ice

Sure...why not?? Unfortunately I can't post scans anymore to prove anything to u. U will need someone else to do that. Iceman is immortal and can't be beaten by ordinary means. Even if u melt iceman...he will only reform. He can exist as a solid, liquid, or gas form such as water vapor. As long as there is moisture on earth. Iceman can't be beaten. Iceman powers can freeze on a molecular level. In a fight against legion he froze every water molecule in his entire body. Unfortunately for johnny he is human. And humans entire body is made of 70% water. And iceman can freeze him instantly. He has also shown to freeze blood. When demonstrating his powers to emma frost. He froze the bloodflow to her brain with a simple THOUGHT. He didn't have to touch or even look at her for him to do this. One of the most powerful telpeaths on the planet was helpless against iceman. He can steal the moisture from other ppl as well. He was once incinerated till their was nothing of him left. And all he did was sap the moisture from their body and instantly reformed...melting iceman will do absolutely nothing to him at all. He has even shown that he can negate ppl from accesing their fire element powers. He did this to sunfire in the past. And used his own powers to stop her from having acces to her own. Human torch has no way to put iceman down....and have no defense against iceman freezing his blood or his body on a molecular level by simply just thinking about it.

I addressed most if not all of these points in my original debate in this very thread which is only a few pages back.

Since it's been a few years and each combatant's abilities aren't fresh on my mind, on top of the fact that Iceman's control over his power has grown since then, I'll address your key points with short responses. If I miss one, please bare with me, I'm not at all in any shape to write out long dissertations about superhero comics like I used to be.

Iceman being immortal is irrelevant. What does that have to do with this fight?

If Human Torch melts Iceman that should count as a win. Why? Because reforming, as far as I remember, is a daunting task for Iceman, one that's gotten easier as of recent, but it still takes time to do and is taxing if memory serves.

He can exist as solid, liquid or gas [water vapor would kind of be gas or liquid depending on the density so I'm not sure why you mentioned water vapor but okay]. Why is this relevant? It doesn't matter. Human Torch lights on fire. What's your point? He can't do anything in a liquid or gas form except try and become solid again. In most stories when he's dispersed he says how it's not easy for him to be that way.

As long as there's moisture on earth Iceman can't be beaten? Then how come Mystique managed to do it with a needle and a shotgun full of rock salt?

Mind you, this was a story written by Mike Carey. The same Mike Carey that had Iceman blown up in the Blinded by Light arc where the Northstar and Aurora destroyed Bobby's body and he had to reform himself. Mind you, Bobby has had to reform prior to this arc in an arc written by Chuck Austen that is often ignored by canon, Blinded by Light by Mike Carey is treated as the first time Iceman's had to do that [at least from a gaseous form].

I'm not even sure if his fight against Legion is canon. That was the very issue that led into AoA and Iceman went into that battle against Legion with a plethora of new applications to his power and came out of AoA with none of them. Do you see what I'm getting at here?

His ability to freeze blood is irrelevant. How is he going to freeze the blood of someone who's on fire and who's body temperature burns as hot as it does?

Also why is it relevant that one of the most powerful telepaths was useless against Iceman? Human Torch isn't a telepath and telepath's blood doesn't somehow course harder or is it somehow harder to freeze so it's really not relevant.

He stole the moisture from someone else twice.

There was a point in my life where I could give you issue numbers but there was once during Chuck Austen's run on Uncanny X-Men, I believe. It was during that one arc where they meet Nightcrawler's dad. Iceman was shown manipulating water that entire arc, then toward the end reformed completely from water, this is the arc that I mentioned earlier is generally ignored by future writers. Iceman doesn't manipulate water, anymore. Iceman has not been seen having the level of control he's had during Austen's runs.

The second time he does it is against Fuego during Mike Carey's run. Now, it's been a long while since I read Mike Carey's run or argued this, but Fuego melted Iceman and then ABSORBED him into himself. Iceman took Fuego's moisture from the inside out. I'm pretty sure Fuego's powers, since he absorbed Iceman's moisture into himself, works differently than most, especially since he's a part of the Children of the Vault.

The one time Iceman negated a fire element's powers was against Sunfire. Sunfire's powers were off because Sunfire was knocked out. He stopped Sunfire from accessing his powers while he was nearby. In a battle Johnny Storm isn't going to lay down and take a nap the only way Iceman could stop Johnny from using his powers is by beating him, which makes this argument irrelevant.

And before you say "well how do you know Iceman can't do this against people who's powers are on?"

Because Mike Carey, again, the person who made Iceman as strong as he is currently and wrote the scene where he cut Sunfire's powers off wrote a scene where Iceman and Sunfire fight during Messiah Complex. Messiah Complex was kind of a big deal, they were fighting the Marauders for the first mutant baby, so I don't see why Iceman wouldn't just cut off Sunfire's powers again if he could, which leads me to believe he couldn't.

No way to put Iceman down?

Melting Iceman and dispersing all of the moisture in the area would put Iceman down for a good while. Because heat does that, it makes things dry, entire areas, especially with Johnny's powers working on the scale they work on he could make an area feel like a desert, I'd imagine.

As for Human Torch having no defense to having his blood frozen...well, try and freeze something that's sitting in a fire and then get back at me.

Your understanding of Iceman and his powers is minimal. You've regurgitated supposed feats that are thrown around in the battles forum at me and I feel like you haven't looked into it yourself.

Before you respond to this, I implore you look back a couple pages to educate yourself on not only Iceman but Human Torch, as well.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495  Edited By spiderbuck1

@Erik said:

Iceman.
Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#496  Edited By Veitha

Ice-Man could stop his powers(like he did in the fourth scan), or he could freeze his brain or again freeze every molecule of his body like he did against Legion. And he can create absolute zero if he wants.

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497  Edited By MzombieX

@iLLituracy: Agreed, that Iceman is overrated in threads involving Torch. Much of what Bobby can do, can be countered by Johnny's manipulation of heat.

Bobby won't be freezing the blood of Johnny, a ridiculous statement, considering that Torch can do just the opposite and super heat blood. Torch has ripped all the moisture out of a surrounding area. He's absorbed the heat & radiation from an atomic explosion, directly into his body. With subtle manipulation, he's pulled the moisture straight out of She Hulk and dropped her. This isn't to say Human Torch has a definitive win, but with Johnny pouring on heat approaching that of a star ... Bobby won't find it so easy to reduce temperature and perform many of the feats he may otherwise be capable of.

Those simply saying Iceman is an "omega level mutant" only tells us that he is considered extremely powerful within his mutant circle. It's a loosely based and not clearly defined term to begin with. It tells us that Bobby has a supreme level of mastery over his element. Johnny was mutated from an unknown cosmic force of great power. He has vast experience and control over his abilities as well. This match could go either way in my opinion. Even if Iceman isn't forever destroyed outright, he can still potentially lose a battle.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498  Edited By iLLituracy

@Veitha said:

Ice-Man could stop his powers(like he did in the fourth scan), or he could freeze his brain or again freeze every molecule of his body like he did against Legion. And he can create absolute zero if he wants.

Please read my post. I addressed every scan here [I think, I don't remember, I do know I specifically addressed that one, though].

Iceman has never reached absolute zero if memory serves. That's irrelevant, though. Because how could he ever reach absolute zero if Johnny Storm is present? If you're not picking up what I'm putting down then you have to understand the mechanics of what absolute zero is.

Mind you, Johnny Storm has been subjected to absolute zero and has come back from it so.

Again, before you suggest something pro-Iceman I've probably already written a thought out rebuttal to it a few pages back which is much more than I'm willing to do now.

@MzombieX said:

@iLLituracy: Agreed, that Iceman is overrated in threads involving Torch. Much of what Bobby can do, can be countered by Johnny's manipulation of heat.

Bobby won't be freezing the blood of Johnny, a ridiculous statement, considering that Torch can do just the opposite and super heat blood. Torch has ripped all the moisture out of a surrounding area. He's absorbed the heat & radiation from an atomic explosion, directly into his body. With subtle manipulation, he's pulled the moisture straight out of She Hulk and dropped her. This isn't to say Human Torch has a definitive win, but with Johnny pouring on heat approaching that of a star ... Bobby won't find it so easy to reduce temperature and perform many of the feats he may otherwise be capable of.

Those simply saying Iceman is an "omega level mutant" only tells us that he is considered extremely powerful within his mutant circle. It's a loosely based and not clearly defined term to begin with. It tells us that Bobby has a supreme level of mastery over his element. Johnny was mutated from an unknown cosmic force of great power. He has vast experience and control over his abilities as well. This match could go either way in my opinion. Even if Iceman isn't forever destroyed outright, he can still potentially lose a battle.

Thank you.

That's all I'm saying.

If you think that Iceman stomps Johnny in any sort of way you don't have any sort of grasp of either character or their abilities.

Most of the debate I had with Erik way back when still applies, the only thing Iceman's gained since then is his ability to make ice copies of himself which isn't much of a deciding factor against Johnny. Johnny has a couple newer feats since then, as well.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499  Edited By iLLituracy

@Veitha: @ghost_rider1: Am I not getting any rebuttals?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@iLLituracy said:

@ghost_rider1 said:

@iLLituracy

human torch c:

No....