#1 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption
Good natured sparring in the danger room set to Times Square. No bloodlust, regular personalities. (There are healers on stand-by so they don't have to worry about high intensity burns or ruptured organs) 
#2 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

Torch

#3 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4151 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Torch"

#4 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Torch should win this.

#5 Posted by Buckshot (18867 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"
caption
caption
Good natured sparring in the danger room set to Times Square. No bloodlust, regular personalities. (There are healers on stand-by so they don't have to worry about high intensity burns or ruptured organs) "
Quality setup.
#6 Posted by Owen_Porter (83220 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe a quality set-up, but I'm not sure its a quality match up. Maybe I'm underestimating Cyc

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

My initial thoughts are that Johnny would have the speed advantage so he could have better luck avoiding attacks, but through effective use of cover Cyke could negate that advantage. Another point is that Cyke's blasts seem to travel faster than Johnny's fire  but that's speculation on my part and I would have to do some research. My last point is that I think Scott is a better fighter, that is, he uses his power more effectively than Johnny and I could see a well-executed plan taking Johnny out. So I'll go with Cyke for now.

Thanks Buck.
#8 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

Johnny is hot.

you don't touch hot

#9 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're talking friendly in the Danger Room, Cyke takes this. Johnny really has no non-lethal attacks, and Cyclops is a far better strategist. He could bounce an optic blast off 7 surfaces and hit Johnny from behind, knocking him out.

And I want to second what Buckshot said: awesome to have some set up.

#10 Posted by Owen_Porter (83220 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree. The Human Torch has several none lethal tactics he could employ. Like melting certain areas, under, above, or beside Cyc to off set his balance and or restrict his movements, as well as create clones of himself to keep Cyc distracted long enough to come in from another angle, hoping for a knock out.

Moderator Online
#11 Posted by mkdeadpool (220 posts) - - Show Bio

the first post said that the heroes did not have to worry as there was healers at the side, ruining any chance cyclops had as johnny would not have to worry as much about killing him

#12 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Healers can only heal the living, so there's still worry for Johnny. Everyone's also forgetting home court advantage. The Danger Room is Cyclops' second home. I think he knows what it's capable of handling far more than Johnny, who might not blast hard enough to melt it, or too hard and do more damage then he intended. I still think Cyke would take this for the superior strategic mind.

#13 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to go with Cyclops here. Johnny is going to give him some trouble with his flight and speed, but I think with his skills and the pure range and power of his optic blast Cyclops could take it. He really only needs one hit to win too so its not like he will have to worry about a constant blast, just one good shot, maybe reflected off of something that hits johnny from behind.

#14 Posted by Meteorite (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

Definetly Cyke.  One time, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Rogue, and Storm were all trying to kill him because they thought he was Dark Phoenix due to Mastermind, and he managed to hold them off long enough to reveal Mastermind's plan. He's a good as strategist.

#15 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio
Ebony Bishop said:
"If we're talking friendly in the Danger Room, Cyke takes this. Johnny really has no non-lethal attacks, and Cyclops is a far better strategist. He could bounce an optic blast off 7 surfaces and hit Johnny from behind, knocking him out.

And I want to second what Buckshot said: awesome to have some set up.
"

#16 Posted by Owen_Porter (83220 posts) - - Show Bio
Ebony Bishop said:
"Healers can only heal the living, so there's still worry for Johnny. Everyone's also forgetting home court advantage. The Danger Room is Cyclops' second home. I think he knows what it's capable of handling far more than Johnny, who might not blast hard enough to melt it, or too hard and do more damage then he intended. I still think Cyke would take this for the superior strategic mind.
"
Actually there would be no home court advantage, at least not for Cyc. The Danger Room transforms into Time Square (which the Human Torch would be more familiar with)
Moderator Online
#17 Posted by Lillya WildChild (5347 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont like him much, i think he is to cocky, but scott wins. though it would more likely be faster if it was to the death, but yea..the dude can blow a hole in a moutain just by looking at it...

#18 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"... as well as create clones of himself"
I must not be very familiar with Torch, when did he create clones of himself?
#19 Posted by jlavengerx77 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyke's a better stragetist and way more skilled but I think torch can super nova him
HUMAN TORCH

#20 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (486 posts) - - Show Bio

Johnny does what he did to she hulk dehydrate till they faint

#21 Posted by God_Spawn (35982 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk. I feel like this could go either way. Both can actually hold off the other's powers. Cyke and Johnny had an altercation when they were younger and Cyke held back Torch's flames. Cyke's advantages are that he is smarter and has the power needed to beat Johnny. Throw in this just being the average Danger Room setting (I'm guessing), and he can take this. Johnny isn't so fast he won't be able to tag him, and the environment in this scenario is a bit cramped. On Johnny's side, he has the versatility needed to beat Scott a few ways, and in the case he can't dodge, he can get a flame shield up to help dampen himself from heavier if Scott pours on the power.

#22 Posted by MonsterStomp (13143 posts) - - Show Bio

The OP made this the safest fight EVER.

#23 Posted by RogueShadow (7838 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (8992 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this could go either way but I see Scott pulling the edge for the win being the more capable combatant and would better leverage the environment to his advantage.

#25 Posted by CairoV (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Would a laser hurt a man made of fire?

#26 Posted by ShenKuei (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

@cairov said:

Would a laser hurt a man made of fire?

I don't see why not. It's not heat vision (not even a laser really).

I can't see Torch winning this if it's supposed to be a friendly sparring match, he will be much more limited by trying to avoid giving Cyke severe burns than Cyke will.

#27 Posted by Dre_Savage (503 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyke takes this. Without morals, Torch coukd blitz him. With morals, Cyke is a better tactician and a wicked shot and could use cover and tactics to take down Johnny.

#28 Posted by Bones309 (502 posts) - - Show Bio

Are X-men costumes flame resistant? I would think so.

#29 Posted by Starbrander (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309 said:

Cyclops would cook inside the suit.

This wouldn't be a close fight. If Torch goes nova, it's all o'va.

#30 Posted by Bones309 (502 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309 said:

Cyclops would cook inside the suit.

This wouldn't be a close fight. If Torch goes nova, it's all o'va.

I didn't see it as a win but i believe morals are on and it could help.

#31 Posted by leonkarlen123 (2398 posts) - - Show Bio