• 150 results
#1 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal-Guy-John-Kyle-Simon

VS

Magneto, Hulk, Apocalypse, Mandarin, Mr. Sinister

In character

No prep

GL's have their auto shields(gotta specify since some dont know that)

Fight takes place on an abandoned planet

who wins?

#2 Posted by Shiryu (2758 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns. If head on combat doesn't work then they win by BFR.

#3 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:

Lanterns. If head on combat doesn't work then they win by BFR.

but apoc could come right back with teleportation

#4 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns 6.5/10

#5 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns 6.5/10

how do you see them beating the villains

#6 Posted by dondave (33365 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns

#7 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5018 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns via BFR, maybe.

#8 Posted by logy5000 (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns, rather easily. Hulk & Magneto are practically non-factors.

#9 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

jbut the rings are metal

#10 Posted by comic_book_fan (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

marvel team wins magneto can do damn near anything a lantern can apocalypse he could just phase through there shields and snap necks.

they need to think to use there power rings and they only get to if magneto is filling generous.

apocylopse could absorb the energies out of there rings magneto and apocalypse together are going to give them lots of problems.

#11 Posted by Wardemon32 (3969 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan:

marvel team wins magneto can do damn near anything a lantern can apocalypse he could just phase through there shields and snap necks.

What is magneto going to do? It only says an abandoned planet. That isn't specific enough to say he'll do any damage. And I highly doubt that peices of metal is getting through their shields.

they need to think to use there power rings and they only get to if magneto is filling generous.

Magneto has to think to use his powers. GL's have full control of their rings and I don't even think their rings are metallic.

apocylopse could absorb the energies out of there rings magneto and apocalypse together are going to give them lots of problems.

Wouldn't that require physical touch and time? And just because he can absorb it doesn't mean he can't be crushed by it...

#12 Edited by SHARKBEARAGATOR (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle blows up the planet.:/

#13 Edited by comic_book_fan (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: magento can do plenty he can rip there atoms apart stop the pulses from going to or from there brains you know what green lantern's rings manipulate light constructs magneto manipulates the electro magnetic spectrum which light is one of the many things in that category.

apocalypse could transmute them could drain there rings dry of power could rip through the shields and smashing him won't do anything he can just reform at will or phase like manhunter increase his density to become as durable as he wants.

#14 Posted by comic_book_fan (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

apocalypse and hulk both have limitless strength hulk has broken things that were meant to stop celestials. and apocalypse could just absorb the energy from them he doesn't have to touch them or he could turn into gas and teleport into there shields and kill that way this is really a mis match apocalypse is a darkseid level threat.

#15 Posted by Wardemon32 (3969 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan:

He can use black which doesn't count as light so that crosses out Magneto manipulating the light constructs. Besides, how would Magneto have more control of their constructs? That doesn't make any sense.

You'd have to show apocalypse draining power froma far and GL rings don't realyl go out that quick. GL has phsing also. Their shields are very durable.

#16 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

no blowing up the planet for the green lanterns. should i add green lanterns since people are saying that apoc and hulk stomp?

#17 Posted by Wardemon32 (3969 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

See you always make threads and try to argue why which one wins. Where was it said that Apoc and Hulk stomps?

#18 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

See you always make threads and try to argue why which one wins. Where was it said that Apoc and Hulk stomps?

FIRST OF ALL. I DONT WANT TO MAKE A STOMP THREAD SO IM NOT TRYING TO HELP THE LANTERNS. I JUST DONT WANT THIS TO GET LOCKED DUE TO MISMATCH.

SECOND OF ALL. COMIC_BOOK_FAN SAID : " this is really a mis match apocalypse is a darkseid level threat."

#19 Posted by comic_book_fan (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

I am not saying hulk stomp I am just saying he is involved.

apocalypse and magneto are the real threats here.

#20 Posted by Wardemon32 (3969 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

You said "people" as in multipiles. One person doesn't count as people. Look it up in the dictionary, but since you're on google you can do it from there.

Second, who said you made a stomp thread. I asked you where was it said that Apoc and Hulk stomps? The guy didn't even provide anything really and you just want to add more characters. No-one thinks this is a mitch match when about everyone said Lanterns.

#21 Posted by Wardemon32 (3969 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan:

apocalypse and hulk both have limitless strength hulk has broken things that were meant to stop celestials. and apocalypse could just absorb the energy from them he doesn't have to touch them or he could turn into gas and teleport into there shields and kill that way this is really a mis match apocalypse is a darkseid level threat.

So what if tehy have limitless strength. Hulk has to work up to that and that takes a long time. And can you provide some scans of all of this? Apocalypse would get stomped by Darkseid. And can you show some scan of him being able to absorb thigns from afar AND estimate how long that would take? You do realize that GL's can teleport also right? And close combat is not a thing you'd want when fighting a GL

#22 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

You said "people" as in multipiles. One person doesn't count as people. Look it up in the dictionary, but since you're on google you can do it from there.

Second, who said you made a stomp thread. I asked you where was it said that Apoc and Hulk stomps? The guy didn't even provide anything really and you just want to add more characters. No-one thinks this is a mitch match when about everyone said Lanterns.

He is a person. So i used people since he is a person. If you interpreted it in a different manner thats not my problem. SECONDLY, no, YOU didnt say it was a stomp. I was the one who said that i didnt want it to be a stomp, since comicbookfan said it was a mismatch. Now, if you dont think i should add more characters just say so since i ASKED if i should add more lanterns instead of trying to argue with me. Now, that you got your questions answered can we move on the the topic at hand? Thanks.

#23 Posted by Wardemon32 (3969 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

I know he is a person. That's my point exactly. ONE person doesn't quanitfy as people. Like I said; look it up ina dictionary or google.

Just because comic_book_fan said it was a stomp means its a stomp? When 6 other people including me said GL wins?

#24 Posted by WillPayton (9033 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns stomp team 2.

#26 Edited by comic_book_fan (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

how do you see them beating the villains.

someone give a decent answer that I can't refute and I will walk away some say bfr magneto and apocalypse could easily come back from that. that will beat some but that does not win here any other options.

#27 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

how do you see them beating the villains.

someone give a decent answer that I can't debate and I will walk away some say bfr magneto and apocalypse could easily come back from that. that will beat some but that does not win here any other options.

i personally dont know. idk if magneto can manipulate the rings. idk how they could stop apoc from just teleporting back to the battlefield.

#28 Posted by Wardemon32 (3969 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

Omg, are you slow? I just said a peron is ONE. People means a group of persons. You don't say Earth is populated by 7 billion person. That doesn't make any sense. Person= 1 Human being. Where did I say I have a problem and when was I not relaxed? Funny youre letting me to relax when you just went all caps lock lol.

I never said that you said it was a stomp. I'm not acting liek a 12 year old, that would my intellect to reduce and I'm acting in a normal manor. You must be a 12 year old or younger if you don't know the difference between "people" and "person". Your parents let you drink when you're only 12? Nothing I asked or said was stupid.

#29 Edited by comic_book_fan (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

how can they stop him from ripping there atoms apart or what would they do to stop him from manipulating there pulses any answers?

#30 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

Omg, are you slow? I just said a peron is ONE. People means a group of persons. You don't say Earth is populated by 7 billion person. That doesn't make any sense. Person= 1 Human being. Where did I say I have a problem and when was I not relaxed? Funny youre letting me to relax when you just went all caps lock lol.

I never said that you said it was a stomp. I'm not acting liek a 12 year old, that would my intellect to reduce and I'm acting in a normal manor. You must be a 12 year old or younger if you don't know the difference between "people" and "person". Your parents let you drink when you're only 12? Nothing I asked or said was stupid.

Dude, calm down. Its not that serious. What I said is valid. You just interpreted it a different way. But now you know. So just move on. Relax. Breathe.

Youre certainly acting like someone younger. All you needed to do was respond with "no". I dont need you to reply with all youre hostility. Ive asked you twice now to move on. Please do so.

#31 Posted by Wardemon32 (3969 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

No it wasn't. You came up to me with hostility. You're telling me to relax when you replied with an comment where you were OBVIOUISLY angry. Don't send me anotehr ignorant comment because I wont reply....

#32 Posted by Wardemon32 (3969 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan:

And how is he ripping their atoms apart? Since when can he control your molecular structure? Scans?

#33 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

No it wasn't. You came up to me with hostility. You're telling me to relax when you replied with an comment where you were OBVIOUISLY angry. Don't send me anotehr ignorant comment because I wont reply....

How the heck was i hostile to you???????? I'm the one telling you constantly to calm down, drop it and move on cause i dont want to waste time talking to you about it.

#34 Edited by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoever said that light belongs to the "electromagnetic spectrum" needs to go back to high school :)

#35 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoever said that light belongs to the "electromagnetic spectrum" needs to go back to high school :)

lol.

#36 Posted by Wardemon32 (3969 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

FIRST OF ALL. I DONT WANT TO MAKE A STOMP THREAD SO IM NOT TRYING TO HELP THE LANTERNS. I JUST DONT WANT THIS TO GET LOCKED DUE TO MISMATCH.

SECOND OF ALL. COMIC_BOOK_FAN SAID : " this is really a mis match apocalypse is a darkseid level threat."

Caps is a sign of hostility and anger.

#37 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

Caps is a sign of hostility and anger.

Not to me. Its an effictive tool to get people to look in that direction. Again you misinterpreted and got mad because of big letters instead of small letters. Its not that serious to get this mad over it.

#38 Edited by comic_book_fan (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenphoenix:

really why?

something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light.

Physics.

a.

Also called luminous energy, radiant energy. electromagnetic radiation to which the organs of sight react, ranging in wavelength from about 400 to 700 nm and propagated at a speed of 186,282 mi./sec (299,972 km/sec), considered variously as a wave, corpuscular, or quantum phenomenon.

b.

a similar form of radiant energy that does not affect the retina, as ultraviolet or infrared rays

and he manipulated it in a comic so it counts.

#39 Posted by Wardemon32 (3969 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

Stop lying. You know you were mad. Even if; you said "First off all". That's what people say when their mad, plus the fact that you had it in caps make you look even more of a liar. I didn't misinterpet anything. You're the one that didn't know the difference between "people" and person". You're the one doign all of teh misinterpitations. And you said that I accused you of saying it's a stomp when I didn't; that's another mininterpitation on YOUR part. Don't reply again, you're making yourself look bad.

#40 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

Stop lying. You know you were mad. Even if; you said "First off all". That's what people say when their mad, plus the fact that you had it in caps make you look even more of a liar. I didn't misinterpet anything. You're the one that didn't know the difference between "people" and person". You're the one doign all of teh misinterpitations. And you said that I accused you of saying it's a stomp when I didn't; that's another mininterpitation on YOUR part. Don't reply again, you're making yourself look bad.

you DID misinterpret and i dont know why youre still stuck arguing about it. for the 4th time. drop it and move on.

#41 Posted by comic_book_fan (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: by removing the electrical attraction that holds them together or just reversing it.

#42 Edited by Wardemon32 (3969 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by comic_book_fan (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know how to post scans.

#44 Edited by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: Electricity may produce light, but electrons and photons (light) are two completely different particles.

You thow a dictionary at me? You cannot control light with electromagnetism. You can influence the trajectory of light with gravity (which I guess makes Graviton able to do so lol) because gravity affects any particle with energy (not necessarily mass), but the electromagnetic force only works with atoms (contain mass) which photons are not.

TL;DR: Electromagnetism does not affect light particles in any way.

Sorry for rambling!

#45 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: Scans?

@inconvenient_truth

How did I misinterpet anything when you're the one that use the wrong word? That makes no sense.

you misnterpreted the caps lock. why are you still trying to argue? for the 5th time now, can you please drop it. i didnt intend me answering youre question to get you this mad about it. this is a thread about lanterns vs a marvel team. talk about that instead. not about how you took big letters as a sign of hostility on my part.

#46 Edited by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse is no where near Darkseid...with that said, the GL's should win here based on greater team work and overall versatility...while I agree that Magneto and Poccy could pose some threat due to their personal abilities and force fields...in the end the GL's overwhelmed Magneto and Poccy with #s here...

#47 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@capall2 said:

Apocalypse is no where near Darkseid...with that said, the GL's should win here based on greater team work and overall versatility...while I agree that Magneto and Poccy could pose some threat due to their personal abilities and force fields...in the end the GL's overwhelmed Magneto and Poccy with #s here...

what could they create that would put mag and poc down ?

#48 Posted by Wardemon32 (3969 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by comic_book_fan (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenphoenix: well he can manipulate gravity as well and he did manipulate light in a comic before blinded someone by keeping the light from hitting there eyes.

and I was just showing that it does fall under the electro magnetic spectrum.

so yeah I did throw a dictionary at you and next time I won't miss lol.

#50 Edited by Joygirl (18021 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns. May be slightly challenging but they win 8.5/10.