Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Well well well the tables have turned...

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Freefa11

@KINGJAMES447 said:

@Batman242: yea i don't think there are two versions of hulk in the mainstream universe just one hulk there is no "original hulk" or "new hulk" just one hulk and he wins

Eh? I'm pretty sure just about any Hulk fan would disagree with this. Most people familiar with the character will be able to tell you that Savage Hulk, Grey Hulk, Professor Hulk, World War Hulk, and Worldbreaker Hulk are all somewhat different incarnations of the Hulk with different power levels and even different personalities. Yes, they are all technically the same character, but the Hulk has gone through many dramatic changes both physically and mentally over the years, and these differences are great enough that talking about a specific "version" is perfectly legitimate. Even with characters like Doomsday and Magneto, it is pretty common for people to specify story arcs when bringing them up, because their power levels and abilities fluctuate.

With the Hulk, even the "classic" Hulk isn't a static, unchanging character. I mean, even ignoring the skin change from grey the green (which was essentially just a retcon), the Hulk originally didn't change due to anger or at will, he changed to the the Hulk at night, and changed back to Banner during the day. This alone is dramatically different from what is commonly perceived as "classic" Hulk. Within a few issues, his transformation already changed such that he used a machine to deliberately change back and forth. He was also exposed to a second dose of gamma radiation early on, which I believe was supposed to make him stronger than he had been. Then there were a couple issues where suddenly he was mentally linked to Rick Jones and had to obey all his commands. Also, back then the Hulk was still relatively smart and articulate. He didn't completely devolve into the dumb, brutish "Hulk smash!" incarnation until later.

Of course, this is somewhat irrelevant, as the OP has specified he only wanted the first issues of each to be compared.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Shawnbaby

@KINGJAMES447 said:

@Batman242: i can honestly say these are some of his FIRST few feats

You think Secret Wars is one of Hulk's first appearances? Hulk was created in 1962....Secret Wars happened in 85...that's over 20 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RulkFTW said:

@logy5000 said:

Mismatch. GA Superman gets one-shotted.

How is this a mismatch?Original Hulk was pretty damn weak and slow.A regular human was able to survive an attack from him.

I was joking.

GypRosetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Original Superman couldn't fly so I'm guessing Hulk. Silver Age Superman was a beast.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

If it's original as in only the first few issues then it's Superman because the first few issues Hulk was pretty weak in comparison (he didn't really come into his character development as "strongest there is" until later).

If it's original as in classic (as someone mentioned); then it's still Superman because GA Superman of the Classic Age rivalled SA Superman. They existed at the same time in different universe. SA Superman was Earth-1 while GA Superman was Earth-2 and when they finally met they were about on par power-wise.

So either way it's Superman.

GypRosetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AllStarSuperman: c'mon man using SA superman feats really? just give the fight to hulk who wins this any other version of superman would easily wreck hulk

No he wouldn't.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Wasn't the original Hulk the Grey Hulk, who was only in the 70 ton range?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First Appearance Superman should be able to muscle out First Appearance Hulk.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@KINGJAMES447 these are the correct versions of the characters the OP wanted, read both and truly see who would win.

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/8906/incredible_hulk_1962_1

Hulks only feats are breaking down a 2 foot concrete wall, smashing a jeep, and getting a bruise from a bullet, IIRC

vs

http://supermanthrutheages.com/tales2/action1/

Supermans feats are jumping 1/8 a mile, hurdle a 20 story building, raise tremendus weights (a metal I beam),run faster than a express train, and nothing less than a bursting shell could penetrate his skin. Tearing down a steel door, tanking a bullet, a knife broke across his skin, superman easily catches a speeding car, picks the car up, shakes the people out of the car, smashes the car, and runs on electric wires.

bump, superman wins

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

original supes beats original hulk.

Uriah5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this thread is old, but whoever the writer chooses honestly. But for the sake of argument, I have both the 70s copy of Superman's 1st issue and the hulks 1st.by comparison they are roughly equal. Except someone said that hulk barely lifted a jeep, when in actuality, a jeep just ran into him and it was stopped in its tracks. Whatever, I haven't gotten in an online supes vs hulk debate since I was in Jr high about 15 years ago, amusingly, nothing has changed lol. IMO this is probably the only time Hulk would absolutely trounce superman. In a flashback issue of the hulk, "Grey", set right he was created he beats the living pulp out of ironman, who was faster, stronger, more powerful than supes originally. The hulks strength level in the early days was 70-75 tons, regardless if it was displayed on the first pages or not. Picking up a regular car and train cars was the extent of Superman's strength. He couldnt even leap as far as the hulk. In addition , this is the same version of hulk who fought byrnes superman to a draw in the one hulk vs superman one shot. Its a complete mismatch.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman