Hulkbuster vs Loki

This topic is locked from further discussion.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Battles are won by KO. Battle starts from 30 ft mark. Civilians are around.

Round 1- Loki has the scepter. Iron Man doesn't get to repair parts.

Round 2- Loki has the scepter. Iron Man gets to repair parts.

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki has Hulkbuster swinging at illusions all day and night.

Stryzzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Stryzzar

Umm, Hulkbuster managed to beat Hulk, while Hulk stomped Loki. "Puny God" anyone? I don't think Loki stands a chance.

Stryzzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namasthetu: Tony won't fall for it a second time like Thor. He'll use the armor to bioscan for the real Loki.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say spite but I'm pretty sure everyone likes Loki.

Veronica stomps just like Hulk did. Yup.

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryzzar:

What reasonable means of detecting the illusions does Tony have? Heimdall can't tell what Loki is up to when Loki is sitting on the throne of Asgard.

Also Hulk grabbed Loki and beat him like a rug, but caused no physical damage.

MCU is just odd and inconsistent, especially within the Avengers movie itself.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man in a stomp.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tony stomps both rounds.

Stryzzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namasthetu: Magic and science works differently. Loki found a way to specifically hide himself from Heimdall, but he doesn't know the armor well enough to do that. Tony does bioscans all the time in the comics and MCU, such as scanning the building under construction before taking the Hulk there.

No physical damage? Loki was out cold until the end of the battle. Hulkbuster has a similar level of strength to Hulk and would be capable of doing the same thing.

I know it's inconsistent, but that doesn't make everything featured is invalid as evidence.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Regular Mark suits are already more than a match for Loki. The Hulkbuster? Iron Man stomps

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@stryzzar: he didn't exactly beat him fairly seeing as hulk calmed down, of the right carried on as normal hulk would've won. Heck, he tore through the hulkbuster twice and if he aimed better he could've killed tony outright.

Not to mention that tony himself seemed to know he wasn't going to win.

Stryzzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: True, that's why I said "managed to beat Hulk", and not stomp him. On the whole it was a pretty even match, with both of them gaining the upper-hand at various stages. My point is Hulkbuster is in the same league as the Hulk, who is quite a bit above Loki.

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryzzar:

First of all, Loki was not out cold as immediately after he is clearly awake and blinking. It's a bizarre scene as there is no damage but he apparently lays there for the rest of the battle. There just isn't any real consistent way to interpret it as it makes no sense. It's totally inconsistent with Loki being a match for Thor at the end of the Thor movie. Loki is also fast enough to catch an arrow he isn't even looking at when it is a few feet from him while traveling at high speeds, but Hulk grabs him.....

Magic and science may work differently but that doesn;t mean one is impervious to the other, Heimdall can detect cloaked vessels approaching the bifrost (it's insinuated that sound is the key) but can't discern Loki's displacement of air, heartbeat, or breathing patterns from Odin when Loki is using illusions. We do not know how any of Tony's bioscans work in the MCU but Asgardians who also use extremely advanced quantum based tech in the MCU can't detect Loki on the Throne posing as Odin. We also know Loki is telekinetic and that his illusions are possibly psychic in nature (we're not sure where his powers ended and the mind gem began) but it is moot since he has the mind gem here. He can still ultimately mess with Tony's head endlessly. Tony no longer has the arc reactor hooked to him for protection. There is a possibility of course that it being in the suit may still provide the protection but we also don't know if that was merely from the mind gem itself since the arc reactor is based on tesseract power and the insinuation is that the infinity stones interfere in some way with each other.

Stryzzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namasthetu: Still, he was not able to get back up and keep fighting. The whole "no damage" on him is probably an movie error since Thor has shown damage from a similar level of punishment, and he's much stronger and tougher than Loki. Yeah, that whole Loki grabs the arrow thing kind of came out of nowhere, he's never been shown to be that fast before. Assuming he is that fast, you could argue Hulk probably caught him offguard. But my point still stands that while getting beaten up he was powerless to do anything. Hulkbuster can dish out a similar level of punishment to Hulk, on top of flight, repulsor cannons, and the armor's other tech.

Well one main difference between magic and science is, science is more adaptable. If science runs into a limitation it can work around it. Asgard may have very advanced technology, but most Asgardians don't even understand how it works and treat it as magic. Thor certainly doesn't. I know MCU has made all this stuff really hazy, but in the comics Tony's tech is more than capable of scanning supernatural phenomena. I recall he was able to scan Dr. Strange's astral-projection. Science and magic may not be impervious to each other, but that doesn't mean Tony's bioscans have a 100% guarantee of failure. My point in bringing up the bioscans up in the first place is, he wouldn't randomly hit at every Loki illusion he finds like Thor does and try to analyze and learn once he falls for it the first time. As for the mind gem, I don't remember Loki even knowing it was the mind gem, and I doubt he knew how to use the full extent of its power. Loki's illusion ability is entirely his own, and I doubt he utilized the mind gem at that phase. Okay, the thread is about Hulkbuster VS Loki, not Tony VS Loki. Tony doesn't even have to be in the suit for it to fight Loki since he can remote control all of them since IM3.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WastelandMan
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony

Pretty sure the standard armor could win.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lettsplay10

Tony

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk did catch Loki off guard

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DarthAznable

It's hilarious that Hulkbuster actually fared pretty well won compared to comic Hulkbuster.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

HBIM

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki stomps with illusions.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namasthetu: what doesnt make sense from that scene? loki got his ass beat

he mightve had bruises under his suit

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryzzar:

Science is not adaptable, it's not a living thing. Tony is adaptable when he has the tools to tinker. Does he have them in the Hulkbuster armor? My point is we simply don't know. There's just no data to go on here. Tony's exposure to true magic is exceptionally limited and the nature of magic makes it unpredictable and thus resilient to scientific analysis. You're making an assumption that it will work based on no credible evidence from the MCU itself. This isn't comic Tony who has decades of experience with the mystical or even with alien tech. The quasi-psychic nature of Loki's powers also could directly mess with his one true source of power, his mind.

Back to the Hulk and Hulkbuster's physical combat capactities. Yes Loki seems to be stunned, but the whole thing is just nonsensical because he is conscious. He gets slammed around by Thor several times and shrugs it off as nothing. Just before being beat like a rug, Hulk slams him into the Stark tower and Loki doesn't even flinch. There are a ton of times where he takes hits close to that scene and within it and it doesn't even give him pause. The scene is literally only there for comic relief and makes no sense at all. Then again most of the movie made absolutely no sense either. Either way that one instance is contradicted by way too many others for it to be considered the sole clear evidence that the Hulkbuster is going to hurt Loki. It may be able to manhandle him, but will it do any damage?

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Namasthetu

@spider-manwins

His head smacks into the ground repeatedly as the first point of contact, no blood, and he's conscious. As I pointed out above, this is really just a comedy moment and totally inconsistent even within the scene, much less the movie, and the Thor movies. Frigga's death is the only thing that seems to cause appreciable effects on him at all.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

"Go to sleep, Go to sleep, Go to sleep"

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrDevil

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Battles are won by KO. Battle starts from 30 ft mark. Civilians are around.

Round 1- Loki has the scepter. Iron Man doesn't get to repair parts.

Round 2- Loki has the scepter. Iron Man gets to repair parts.

Round 1 - IronHulk Stomp

Round 2 - Iron Hulk Stomp

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulkbuster whoops

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namasthetu: if i got kicked in the gems, i wouldve been on the ground, with no visible injuries

just becuase you dont have blood coming out you doesnt mean youre not hurt

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins:

If you are hurt to any significant degree there are always visible signs. You are entirely missing the point. The scene is utterly inconsistent and ridiculous. Loki, who can handle Thor, who can handle Hulk, is completely manhandled and people are trying to say it is proof that a device that can barely keep up with Hulk will stomp Loki.

Another case in point in the same movie, Cap takes a hit from Loki and is only knocked away, Loki delivered a similar hit to Thor at the end of "Thor" and knocked him halfway across the bifrost room. By those scenes alone you could argue Cap and Thor are the same toughness and that Cap can now fight the Hulk because Thor can take Hulk's hits.

One scene in a movie that is inconsistent within the rest of the universe is not absolute proof to contradict everything else that has been shown. Loki was jobbing, accept it.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Loki's Illusions would only delay his inevitable beat down. Tony Stomps.

Stryzzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namasthetu: Okay I could've phrased that better, but what I meant was when scientists run into a wall they learn and try to get around it. That's a lot less common for characters with supernatural abilities. Yes, yes, I know that we're not clear on the armor's full capabilities in the MCU, but my point is Tony would not spend the whole day swinging at illusions. Assuming he his tech was completely useless in differentiating Loki from illusions, he would not keep making the same mistake like Thor does. If he was really useless against the illusions and being overpowered, he would probably retreat and try to develop some tech to counter it.

Honestly, that just feels like the makeup crew forgot to apply bruises and cuts onto Tom Hiddleston. Keep in mind there is no character in the film physically stronger than the Hulk. Hulk's blows would have a lot more force than a strike from Mjolnir, esp. since Thor made that "well, if there's too much weight, you lose power on the swing" comment. If anyone is able to incapacitate Loki, then it's going to be Hulk. Yes, I heard you the first time, the film is inconsistent and full of nonsensical elements. I saw the Cinema Sins video. But for the sake of the debate you can't just invalidate every bit of evidence presented, otherwise it'll go nowhere. Hulk > Loki is one of the few fairly solid pieces of evidence we can discern from the film, even if it's there for comic relief.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately, I go with what was shown. And Hulkbuster has this. I still prefer Loki as a character though.

Panthers8901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulkbuster pulls a puny god on loki

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulkbuster.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HULKBUSTER STOMPS!

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By NinjaWarrior268
Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryzzar:

I think the problem is statements like Hulk>Loki. Yes Loki is not going to win a protracted H2H fight against the Hulk, but he's also not going to get roflstomped in a single scene. The hulkbuster was designed to combat the Hulk and has no real defenses against someone like Loki whose physical powers are enough to give Thor a fight AND aren't his primary skill set. MCU Tony Stark has almost no experience with the supernatural. Loki is the rare supernatural character who is adaptive, having deceived even a race of beings who existed since before the big bang (or whatever nonsense the Dark Elves are) that have technology surpassing Tony Stark (at present).

The makeup crew didn't forget Loki, they put like two scrapes on his face and some dirt, the kind that my kids come home with all the time. I'll concede that perhaps they were trying to keep the gore down, although the eye cutting scene kind of contradicts that. I haven't seen the cinema sins video but I presume it's on YouTube? Again I'm not trying to say That Loki isn't going to lose a straight fight with the Hulk, only that the movie hulkbuster isn't like the ones from the comics It's specialized, but not really all that much more powerful. Sure it's bigger and stronger, but in this fight that matters little. He's going to end up being ambushed with an inifinity stone powered scepter, probably two or three times before he even gets a hit in on Loki. The suit was made for a straight up fight, not a guy whose primary skills are deception and has the physicality of a frost giant.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TifaLockhart

@namasthetu: Physicality is not going to be a good move here. Loki's best bets are illusions and the scepter blasts.

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart:

My point was he doesn't have to use physicality. We know Loki can use his illusions to alter the appearance of entire areas, not just do the little stand in bit. With his TK, the scepter, and the physical capacity to handle Thor, he has the advantage. All he really has to do is push his illusion into the hulkbuster's HUD. We also don't know if Tony is immune to the effects of the mind gem now that he isn't permanently linked to an arc reactor. This could be a non-fight.

Monte-Cristo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Monte-Cristo

Spite. Hulk buster stomps

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namasthetu: I'm sorry, but Thor isn't as strong as the Hulk (physically). And Hulk got ktfo against Veronica. Stick to the illusions and the scepter angle.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

I think Stark can deck Loki and beat the tar outta him with the jack hammer before he sets up his illusiosns

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MrHamWallet

@namasthetu: The problem is Loki doesn't have the physicals to handle Thor. He fought him he's but at times where he was the main villain and Thir always holds back against Loki. Anytime there are lots of enemies or big enemies it's Thor who is the only one who can best them. Look what Loki does when they're together fighting the same enemies and it's clear Thor could deal with Loki handily if he needed/wanted to. Hulk and Thor are both > Loki, he does not have the physicals to fight with anyone of them, he might pull out a win with illusions and if he has the scepter it's a fight at least but he's not winning the majority.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulknuster stomps.

In fact, I recall his standard armor knocking Loki down twice with a simple repulsor.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@stryzzar said:

Umm, Hulkbuster managed to beat Hulk, while Hulk stomped Loki. "Puny God" anyone? I don't think Loki stands a chance.

@thevivas said:

Tony stomps both rounds.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers