Hulk vs Thor

• 189 results
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@freefa11: Nice, i do remember looking at the first scan. So yeah, i could agree with you that Thor can use weather control and that he uses Mjolnir as some kind of tool to get his Father's help or something alike.

Jabjorn is enchanted as well as Mjolnir and Gungnir. I think its mentioned in another run somewhere... @killemall may explain it better than me, kind of blurry to be honest. But i already agree he should have weather control without Mjolnir, after all, he's the God of Thunder.

It's Enchanted to Celestial Armour

No Caption Provided

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999:

I think we've all seen that scan. The question is, does that one instance negate decades of their fights being relatively even?

No Caption Provided

Then there's stuff like this.

The only "true scan", as in what would really happen if those 2 fought together...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44: Not underestimating thor or anything, he's a powerhouse who shouldn't be messed with, but hulks base is higher than it use to be and he gains power as times passes. thor won't be able to win.

I won't deny that hulks base strength is higher these days however I don't think he will reach levels of strength that is multiple times greater then thor.

I don't know if I am misunderstanding you but I am interpreting what your saying as thor is pretty much unable to put hulk down at all?

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is very much so in Thor's favor. This isn't current hulk vs normal Thor as people seem to think, OP clearly states that it's savage hulk, who's capped at WWH levels vs a bloodlusted Thor with 2x his normal strength. I honestly don't see how this is debatable at all.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Stalemate or Hulk

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Thor wins.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Not underestimating thor or anything, he's a powerhouse who shouldn't be messed with, but hulks base is higher than it use to be and he gains power as times passes. thor won't be able to win.

I thought that Hulk's base strenght isn't consistent. He can be 90 tonner when he turns into green monster, but he can also start as million+ tonner right?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By green_skaar

@bigcimmerian said:

@theacidskull said:

I thought that Hulk's base strenght isn't consistent. He can be 90 tonner when he turns into green monster, but he can also start as million+ tonner right?

It's not consistent. I'm guessing what he meant was Hulk's base has been on average higher as of late then decades ago.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@theacidskull said:

I won't deny that hulks base strength is higher these days however I don't think he will reach levels of strength that is multiple times greater then thor.

I don't know if I am misunderstanding you but I am interpreting what your saying as thor is pretty much unable to put hulk down at all?

That's not what I'm saying.

But in this battles doesn't thor only have his fists? in which case, he looses. He has a hard time even with his hammer, it's one sided, a good fight, but one sided.

All right apologies for misunderstanding.

I am not really sure….People are arguing that thor can use lightning without the hammer and the OP hasn't stated that is not allowed. All though regardless I think even without lightning its not one sided due to the belt of strength.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Experio

Thor

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: It's not really knew that hulk is superior in strength though. That's one area he has thor beat.

Yea but by 2x? Thats my major issue.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dumb5290 whatever the heck his name is told me that hulk is faster than light. if thats so, then idk how thor beat him

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I get that. My disagreement isn't that the hulk is stronger then thor under regular circumstances. If hulk is going to win a hand to hand brawl in this scenario he has to be more then twice as strong as thor. i don't think hulk has the showings or the feats to back up being that much stronger then thor. I have always felt hulks strength advantage on thor is noticeable but that they are comparable under regular circumstances (unless you want to talk about potential but I don't really think potential strength should hold that much weight). What has hulk done to say he is more then twice as strong as thor?

As for the effects of the time stream I would have to go back and read because I don't remember the details fully, but I don't really know how impressive that feat would be? How much force would the time stream be applying and how do we know thor couldn't do the same thing (I know hulk was chosen specifically for the mission but that could be just a statement)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@theacidskull: I get that. My disagreement isn't that the hulk is stronger then thor under regular circumstances. If hulk is going to win a hand to hand brawl in this scenario he has to be more then twice as strong as thor. i don't think hulk has the showings or the feats to back up being that much stronger then thor. I have always felt hulks strength advantage on thor is noticeable but that they are comparable under regular circumstances (unless you want to talk about potential but I don't really think potential strength should hold that much weight). What has hulk done to say he is more then twice as strong as thor?

As for the effects of the time stream I would have to go back and read because I don't remember the details fully, but I don't really know how impressive that feat would be? How much force would the time stream be applying and how do we know thor couldn't do the same thing (I know hulk was chosen specifically for the mission but that could be just a statement)

To address your first point, there was an instance where hulk destroyed an android with double of thors power, but we can't really use that instance now can we? I remember a few instances where Hulk had proven to be thors superior in power at least. There was the Let the battles begin fight where Hulk managed to overpower thor, and then there was one fight where thor was forced to drop the hammer and fight hulk in H2H, which wasn't really concluded but thor was bruised up while hulk was absolutely fine. Look my point isn't that hulk will grap thor, slap him around and tie him into a nut or anything, it'll be a good fight as usual but a slug fest is Hulks area, his healing factor and durability is much more suited for blunt force. Not to mention recently hulk managed to stand toe to toe with Hyperion, who managed to hold two planets apart AS well as survive their explosion.

The details were as I remember that The time stream had been damaged, and hulk was called in to bet the Job done. The other hulks(such as red she Hulk) as mentioned was non-existent at the time, and banner himself has stated that sending hulk into a damaged time stream would be equivalent to using a chain-saw in a precise operation, long story short, sending anyone else, such as thor or hyperion would have been much more beneficial because unlike Hulk they wouldn't have to worry about shifting through personalities. So basically it was like sending a wild card into a sh*t storm.

And if That's not enough hulk had a better durability showing a few arcs back as I remember, Thor was thrown into ederdrum , a magical substance of absolute zero and was unable to come out on his own, then hulk jumped in and saved him. So here's a contrast.

I have the scans through, if you want. :)

Hulk's suit was emitting thermal heat to allow him to him move in absolute zero before he entered the area, Thor had no such protection.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HULK SMASHES THOR!

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#121  Edited By GhostRavage

@theacidskull: The Android didn't have the double of Thor's strength, it was originally created with half of Thor's power but then upgraded to double such capacity, ending in supposedly Thor's full strength...

No Caption Provided

And in Indestructible Hulk "Agent of T.I.M.E" Red She Hulk and the other Hulks seemed to be vanished from existence because of the time steam being affected, but they actually existed given the fact they have a series running at the same time as Indestructible Hulk, Thunderbolts. They also can be seen in Infinity.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godtriggerhulk said:

@darkazrael999:

I think we've all seen that scan. The question is, does that one instance negate decades of their fights being relatively even?

No Caption Provided

Then there's stuff like this.

The only "true scan", as in what would really happen if those 2 fought together...

Yeah. As if Hulk can suddenly negate Odin's enchantments.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so was dumb52901 right? is hulk faster than light? if so thor loses

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By GhostRavage

@darkazrael999: He grabbed Thor's arm along with the hammer, the enchantment can be tricked, nonetheless, i think Hulk is worthy or was.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: When hulk fought crytoman he only had half of thors strength (as stated by that scientist), and crypto mans strength was then doubled to be equal to that of thors IIRC. He wasn't twice as strong. And Hulk beat him after the death of Jarella so Hulk was more angry then normal in that encounter as well. I agree about let the battle begins but here thors strength is increased drastically. i remember the hand to hand fight you are referring to as well, and all though hulk did have the upper hand by the end of the fight thor did land his hits and do some damage. He held his own. I think the reason we are in a disagreement here is that you are thinking of this fight as it normally is portrayed. I agree if this were regular thor hulk would win (in hand to hand) but since thor is amped here I think he has the edge unless hulk starts at ridiculously high end levels of strength.

As for the hyperion thing all I am going to say is I disagree with the feat (Hyperion holding the 2 planets apart). i have discussed it before and don't really feel like going into it.

i just looked up the affects of the time stream quickly at your respect thread to refresh my memory and it seems to be a different form of damage then blunt force. Banner mentions something about it being corrosive and also the guy who died as a result was aged in a bunch of ways (he was 90 years old, 2 years old, 3 weeks old at the same time). So I don't know if that out lines that hulks blunt resistance is so great that thor cannot KO him. And about the arc where hulk went to past asgard all though yes hulk did save thor from absolute zero as mentioned i recall the armour being mentioned. And in the same arc thor unleashed a blast to destroy some frost giants IIRC and when he collapsed to the ground, Hulk touched thor and passed out as a result of touching the energy of his lightning. I realize that we are talking about a hand to hand fight but i think hulk saving thor from absolute zero mostly shows his resistance to cold based attacks. I think the arc outlined in some ways hulk is better then thor where as in other ways thor is better then hulk though.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By WarBlade539

@darkazrael999: He grabbed Thor's arm along with the hammer, the enchantment can be tricked, nonetheless, i think Hulk is worthy or was.

It still shouldn't happen. Hulk is powerful, no doubt about that but I put people like Hyperion, Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer above him, much above him.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

dumb5290 whatever the heck his name is told me that hulk is faster than light. if thats so, then idk how thor beat him

He's exaggerating or lying about Hulks feats, any version of Hulk is no where near the speed of light.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil said:

He's exaggerating or lying about Hulks feats, any version of Hulk is no where near the speed of light.

thanks for the heads up

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil said:

Prove it.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By GhostRavage

@ghostravage said:

It still shouldn't happen. Hulk is powerful, no doubt about that but I put people like Hyperion, Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer above him, much above him.

Why it shouldn't happen? Carrying Mjolnir has nothing to do with how heavy it is but the fact that you're worthy or not. Why you put Hyperion above Hulk if Hulk already beat him in the past and exchanged a number of punches with him currently with no harm whatsoever... Beta its similar to Thor, but i wont put him above Thor. Silver Surfer its above both Thor and Hulk.

I don't know what relevance has this classification to the fact Hulk lifted Mjolnir by grabbing Thor's arm.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By New_World_Order

Thor

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whos faster? thor or hulk?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whos faster? thor or hulk?

There is one showing where thor ducks hulks punch and hulk asks where thor went. All though it is old.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There is obviously more to this fight but since the question was of speed I think these are the relevant panels.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart said:

@theacidskull: oh.

I don't get why this is being flagged. I think its a close one.

It isn't, Hulk has grown in Power over the years, while Thor has a good chance to win with his hammer, he looses in H2H

It is not - Your'e right -Thor stomps. Now, You can start yealing that Hulk can this and that, but come back when he will start fighting gods in heart of sun or when he will be able to take planet level energy projection.

@jashro44 said:

To address your first point, there was an instance where hulk destroyed an android with double of thors power, but we can't really use that instance now can we? I remember a few instances where Hulk had proven to be thors superior in power at least. There was the Let the battles begin fight where Hulk managed to overpower thor, and then there was one fight where thor was forced to drop the hammer and fight hulk in H2H, which wasn't really concluded but thor was bruised up while hulk was absolutely fine. Look my point isn't that hulk will grap thor, slap him around and tie him into a nut or anything, it'll be a good fight as usual but a slug fest is Hulks area, his healing factor and durability is much more suited for blunt force. Not to mention recently hulk managed to stand toe to toe with Hyperion, who managed to hold two planets apart AS well as survive their explosion.

The details were as I remember that The time stream had been damaged, and hulk was called in to bet the Job done. The other hulks(such as red she Hulk) as mentioned was non-existent at the time, and banner himself has stated that sending hulk into a damaged time stream would be equivalent to using a chain-saw in a precise operation, long story short, sending anyone else, such as thor or hyperion would have been much more beneficial because unlike Hulk they wouldn't have to worry about shifting through personalities. So basically it was like sending a wild card into a sh*t storm.

And if That's not enough hulk had a better durability showing a few arcs back as I remember, Thor was thrown into ederdrum , a magical substance of absolute zero and was unable to come out on his own, then hulk jumped in and saved him. So here's a contrast.

I have the scans through, if you want. :)

1.Hulk destroyed an android that had Thor's strength, not durability.

2.Hulk never proved to Thor's superior in LTBB, You're claiming over and over again that hulk is better because he won that battle. Maybe we should look closer on it?

No Caption Provided

THAT is the BIG win for Hulk. Thor showed him mercy and this was the ONLY reason why crying Hulk was able to strike Thor down. ONLY because Thor let him do that. Thor AGAIN showed that he is holding back agaisnt Hulk, he showed AGAIN that Hulk isn't in his class, so he can show him pitty.

Tell me, how is that a good showing for Hulk, if he is lying on the ground before Thor and he takes his chance only when Thor don't want to take him out??

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666: You're asking for too much, Hulk can't even fly to begin with... Asking for a a feat of that magnitude in outerspace is just silly. Nonetheless, Hulk has shown mercy to Thor, in the same fight where he just opted to leave him KO'd instead of keep smashing his head. As well as stomping his face leaving him in a brief KO and with a bloody face in Incredible Hulk's Annual.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Well we're back to bringing up that daft PIS fight where both Thor and Hulk gained an edge over each other too quickly. I never decided on who I thought won. Even with the Belt of strength and being bloodlusted, Thor does have a challenge properly overcoming the Hulk's physical edge even in Savage mode. Thor does still have weather manipulation but the feats he has without Mjolnir aren't as well document as weather control feats with Mjolnir. So based on that reasoning, I'll go with Hulk eventually becoming powerful enough to overpower Thor. Admittedly, Mjolnir plays a large role in Thor's victories as with it, I see him beating practically every incarnation of Hulk at least 6/10 times. Without it though, he may lose an edge.

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: the thing about that scan that no one seems to mention is that hulk himself isn't hitting thor, he's using mjolnir to hurt thor. Punching someone isn't as effective at bashing their face in with a hammer in real life, and even more so with mjolnir of all hammers. Just saying.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

bloodlusted thor would do what he did to hulk & thing using just 1 arm & 1 eye only this time to hulk alone

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By New_World_Order

Logically Thor should win because he has weather manipulation and such that he can combined with his physical attributes to enhance his strikes.

Thor is fully capable of hitting Hulk with multiple lightning amped punches.

No Caption Provided

Thor's lightning bolts are pretty damn effective. A small casual one has done this to Hercules without the use of Mjolnir.

It did quite the toll on Hercules who is not far from Hulk's durability.

No Caption Provided

Capable of making decent size craters in the earth.

No Caption Provided

I mean Thor explains it clearly in this instance to Hercules. The fist Hercules uses to fight with, is equivalent to the lightning Thor wields. Seeing as Hercules is no different to Hulk in the brawling nature you should get my point. In a serious fight, Thor would be using his lightning.

I think Thor has more then what it takes to put down the Hulk.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Still Thor.

Hulk may have a physical advantage over Thor, but its not a large one, and I would say that Belt of strength brings it to a pretty level playing field if not in Thor's favor, unless your making the argument that Savage Hulk is several times stronger than Thor, which I think isn't correct. Yes Thor doesn't have his hammer to amp his strikes, but he can still control Lighting and the weather just fine, and acess to the Godblast (though I doubt he would use it).

Its a toss up if the fight is purely physical, Thor's other abilities swing it in his favor

@theacidskull Problem? >:)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order: In regards to the lightning amped punch from Thor God of Thunder 17, it's hard for you to solidly claim that Thor's punches were amped there. If Thor were truly amped, he would have taken Malekith's head off. Yet Malekith was still breathing and conscious after that so called lightning amped punch. And Aaron made it clear in Thor's dialogue that he wanted to kill Malekith to stop him once and for all. To which end he summoned Mjolnir to finish the job, not beating him into a pulp with his fists.Without Mjolnir to amp his weather attacks, it would take much longer for Thor to put Hulk down, by which time Hulk could have gained the necessary strength to overpower Thor. The Hercules scans are a good argument in your favour though mate. As would be the one shot lightning bolt from that 2001 Hulk annual.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@laflux said:

Still Thor.

Hulk may have a physical advantage over Thor, but its not a large one, and I would say that Belt of strength brings it to a pretty level playing field if not in Thor's favor, unless your making the argument that Savage Hulk is several times stronger than Thor, which I think isn't correct. Yes Thor doesn't have his hammer to amp his strikes, but he can still control Lighting and the weather just fine, and acess to the Godblast (though I doubt he would use it).

Its a toss up if the fight is purely physical, Thor's other abilities swing it in his favor

@theacidskull Problem? >:)

You are truly the strongest one whom baits.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#145 frozen  Moderator

@lvenger: Have you seen the latest preview for God of Thunder #21?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@lvenger: Have you seen the latest preview for God of Thunder #21?

No I was trying to save myself any glimpses of the issue. Having said that, I'll break that promise for once and see what you're on about

(gazes at gorgeousness of Ribic's depiction of King Thor vs Old Galactus)

OK that was SO good. But why do you mention it here?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 frozen  Moderator

@lvenger: Oh, I just thought that was an amazing feat (and art-work).

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

You mean the moon punch? Oh yeah that was too cool to behold.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@frozen said:

Yeah, while also getting backhanded by Galactus and then laughing about it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@lvenger said:

@frozen said:

Yeah, while also getting backhanded by Galactus and then laughing about it.

And tanking Galactus' energy blasts too.