This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Zalewski14 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules: 5 days prep

Setting:

-middle of nowhere on an island

-big mountain 3 miles away to the north

-volcano 1/2 a mile to the west

Rules:

- do anything you can to win

-fight to the death

#2 Posted by Jokerpoker (2943 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on what versions. But I'd say Hulk would win.

#3 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17332 posts) - - Show Bio

spite.

Hulk slaughters thing.

#4 Edited by theamazingbatman (1950 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk wins easily

#5 Posted by Farkam (4824 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk.

#6 Posted by AndreySemyonov1337 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

HULK SMASH!!!

#7 Posted by Shamguar (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Thing has a chance with five days prep. unless this is an intelligent version of the Hulk. Thing might be able to get some outside help, through a trinket like perhaps an Asgardian axe or something. If Thing knew he had to kill the Hulk he plan for a way to go straight for the jugular early and try to finish him. Head removal should work. If this at all becomes a fight mono y mono the longer it goes the madder Hulk gets, and yes, he would beat Ben Grimm to death.

#8 Posted by dorukesin (5125 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce sends him into orbit

#9 Edited by DBVSE7 (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea.. no Hulk just plays a casual game of Kick Rock with Thing.. don't see how the idea of Hulk and Thing being on the same level makes sense. #DumbestOverratedOneSidedRivarly

OfAllTime.

#10 Posted by SuperStar_sketcher (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk always has and always will be the winner in this annoying rivalry

#11 Posted by scorpion2501 (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk easy.

#12 Posted by Erkan12 (2444 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by kcjr (270 posts) - - Show Bio

To my knowledge, Thing has only won one of their fights. It was when Hulk was gray.

#14 Edited by Dre_Savage (646 posts) - - Show Bio

With 5 days prep, depending on what resources are made available, I'd say Thing. Hulk is stronger, but Thing may be able to outwit, or utilize a device to restrain him.

Now, if Hulk has 5 of prep as Banner, and can someone utilize this as Hulk (like creating a device that once Thing is thrown on, BFR's him or something), then Hulk wins

#15 Posted by Shawnbaby (10450 posts) - - Show Bio

Most versions of The Thing are weaker than most versions of The Hulk.

Ben has also lost most of his solo fights against the Hulk

The only time I can think of where Ben had a real advantage was when he was Spikey and Hulk was Grey. So a Stronger Thing vs A Weaker Hulk.

Prep doesn't really make a difference unless Bruce Banner is the dominant personality. In which case it's a stomp for Hulk. Ben doesn't really have any Prep feats and even Professor Hulk was stronger than Normal Ben.

Added to that is that even the weaker Hulks get stronger the angrier they get...The longer the fight lasts...The Stronger Hulk will get.

Then of course theres the fact that Hulk's Healing Factor makes him nearly impossible to kill...with the Battle being "to the death"...well...it's hard to make a case for Thing winning.

#16 Posted by Erkan12 (2444 posts) - - Show Bio

Give adamantium brat to Thing as a help, maybe they can make this fight a little enjoyable for Hulk.

#17 Posted by Experio (14300 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk.

#18 Posted by Onemoreposter (3951 posts) - - Show Bio

If Thing is allowed to use Reed for prep I give the win to him.

#19 Posted by Cregan_Stark (1269 posts) - - Show Bio

In before the lock. Hulk curbstomps!

#20 Posted by laidblack (779 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannon has proved who wins this fight time and time again.

Also just because a character has prep, in character, doesn't mean they'll do anything worth noting.

#21 Posted by DBVSE7 (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

@laidblack: "Also just because a character has prep, in character, doesn't mean they'll do anything worth noting." THANKYOU!!

#22 Posted by God_Spawn (37350 posts) - - Show Bio

Because this hasn't happened in the comics.

#23 Posted by comic_book_fan (5296 posts) - - Show Bio

@dbvse7: the thing is a rival for savage hulk namor and Hercules types but when hulk gets mad he gets stronger and will quickly surpass ben

#24 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17332 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by God_Spawn (37350 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by DBVSE7 (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: Yea I know thats why Thing will never win their rivarly is based on popularity not logic.. plus Hulk already surpasses Ben he doesn't need to get angry o.o