• 73 results
#1 Posted by jashro44 (20793 posts) - - Show Bio

Incredible Hulks #634

Rules

-hulk doesn't get any rest however his anger will increase through out the rounds based on the level of anger he is at 
-everyone has standered gear
-win by any means except for BFR
-hulk knows he is going into a series of fights
-morals are on
-his enemies get 5 minutes to read hulks wikipedia page on the internet however they are to come unprepared to the fight
-hulk starts at the green dot his enemies at the red and the city will be unpopulated 
-The planet is indestructible
-please provide reasoning as to why hulk loses the round he does or in the case he clears this tell me which round will be most difficult and why. 
fight takes place here

Round 1

Round 2 

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

Can hulk clear?
#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

He get's stomped by Mongol.

#3 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough one. If Hulk's not worked up into a rage by the past 5, he won't clear. However, he's stronger than Metallo and doesn't have to worry about Kryptonite poisoning. He's stronger than Kalibak and Kalibak isn't known for skill. He's stronger than Luthor's armor and doesn't have to particularly worry about anti-Kryptonian measures from the suit too much. He'd probably overload Parasite. Mongul is a one trick pony.

#4 Posted by Strider92 (16265 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

This

#5 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

Will lose around round 5

#6 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, Kalibak is a New God right? And if I'm right Darkseid gave him a strength boost to go beyond Orion.

#7 Edited by drgnx (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Lex is going to brawl. If he read Hulk's Wiki Page, I think he will actually try to keep him calm then take him out when he can. For some reason, I don't think Lobo and Kalibak will read the Wiki, and Lobo will piss him off as part of his M.O. anyways (more so if he read the page).

#8 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: Kalibak's Thunderbelt got destroyed. He's as strong as his half-brother, no more, no less.

Being a god doesn't mean an auto-win. Thor's a god and Hulk gives him trouble.

#9 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

This

@Deranged Midget

said:

How?

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Mongol is one of Superman's strongest foes in both the Silver age and pre-52. He's smacked Superman around countless times and is durable as all hell. Hulk stands no chance.

#11 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@jeanroygrant: Mongol is one of Superman's strongest foes in both the Silver age and pre-52. He's smacked Superman around countless times and is durable as all hell. Hulk stands no chance.

Hulk has busted a planet and at regular levels was quite a trouble for Thor.

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Superman's busted a planet while weakened by a red sun... Hulk busted a planet at his strongest. Huge difference.

#13 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Superman's busted a planet while weakened by a red sun... Hulk busted a planet at his strongest. Huge difference.

That may be true...do you have scans?

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: I'll try to find them, it was in the later issues of Superman: For Tomorrow.

#15 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@jeanroygrant: I'll try to find them, it was in the later issues of Superman: For Tomorrow.

Ok

#16 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

How?

#17 Posted by SPM1M (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Superman didnt bust a planet(not that he is not capable cuz he is) and he wasnt under the red sun im not sure where this started but its a lie he was fighting zod in metropia(i believe it was) which was in the phantom zone the reason that earth was crumbling was because of his and zods connection to the phantom zone every time there skin split so did the earth literally but here is the scan

either way superman is capable of planets busting just like hulk only difference he survives, as when he was fighting earth two superman in infinite crisis not only did they bust the earth with a single exchange of blows but they also shattered space and reality as the fight continued so hulk busting a planet is no really big deal as for this thread he has the potential to beat mongul but he is not beating lobo even if he can bust a planet

#18 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

Mongul Sr. Post-Crisis was a joke. Come to think of it, I've never personally seen Mongul do well against Superman. He didn't in the Alan Moore story, his son didn't in Infinite Crisis or in the storyarc where he trains Superman to fight Imperiex.

#19 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemates with Lobo.

#20 Posted by MrDirector786 (43516 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

He didn't destroy a planet at all nor was he under a red sun. It was in a world created in the Phantom Zone. He was fighting Zod and because of the connection they both had with the world, every time either of them was hurt the world was hurt as well.

#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

He may be able to make it past Parasite if he's lucky but Mongol takes him down

#22 Posted by SlimJ87D (9657 posts) - - Show Bio

That's the Hulk that punched and blew up a planet with Red She Hulk. Quite strong, I don't know if I have see Mongol perform such a feat. Lobo can get BFR'd easily but will probably call his motorcycle to come back. If the fight takes place in Marvel Universe, Lobo is dead, in DC he is invincible. 

#23 Posted by chriconz123 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

That's the Hulk that punched and blew up a planet with Red She Hulk. Quite strong, I don't know if I have see Mongol perform such a feat. Lobo can get BFR'd easily but will probably call his motorcycle to come back. If the fight takes place in Marvel Universe, Lobo is dead, in DC he is invincible.

say what?

#24 Posted by Telcalipoca (957 posts) - - Show Bio

@chriconz123 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

say what?

im guessing since DC's hell or whatever doesnt want him thats why hes immortal but that deal might not stand in the marvel U.

#25 Posted by terry2012 (5074 posts) - - Show Bio

He lose to Mongul.

#26 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: He's really not. He's a legit top-tier, no more, no less. He's had his share of bad showings and losses.

#27 Posted by Onemoreposter (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

Kalibak takes him.

#28 Posted by SPM1M (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

He didn't destroy a planet at all nor was he under a red sun. It was in a world created in the Phantom Zone. He was fighting Zod and because of the connection they both had with the world, every time either of them was hurt the world was hurt as well.

thats the scan thanks i couldnt find it but supes can bust planets as was shown in infinite crisis the tie in where he battles earth two superman they destroyed the earth as collateral damage and shattered time and space

#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@SPM1M: @MrDirector786: Ah yes my mistake.

#30 Posted by jashro44 (20793 posts) - - Show Bio
@Onemoreposter: @terry2012: @joshmightbe: @The Man of Yesteryear: why?
#31 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3823 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused as to how morals are on when none of Superman's foes listed have any....or was that meant for Hulk?

#32 Posted by jashro44 (20793 posts) - - Show Bio
@Evil Incarnate: Meant for hulk. Hulk has had morals ever since ww hulk.
#33 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk'd stomp all of these guys before needing to catch a breath, Lobo, Parasite and Mongol are a problem though. But he would find a way.

#34 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I have a been a hulk reader for 26 years and he's never done anything to suggest he's on Superman's level and Mongol is a hard fight for him so I don't see hulk winning against him, the others before Mongol have powers that have been at best variable but Mongol has always been beyond Hulk

#35 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

On on meele i would assume Hulk can match Mongol because normal hulk is perhaps as strong as Thor, he has fought the entire roster of avengers alone in two occasions so physically he's pretty strong.

the problem however is Mongul has speed on his advantage, microsecond reaction time even world break hulk doesnt have answer to that.

#36 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Mongul has superspeed?

#37 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@Onemoreposter: @terry2012: @joshmightbe: @The Man of Yesteryear: why?

I just don't see how Hulk would stop Lobo and vice versa. So i'm going to call stalemate with Lobo.

#38 Posted by Greendevil (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Tough one. If Hulk's not worked up into a rage by the past 5, he won't clear. However, he's stronger than Metallo and doesn't have to worry about Kryptonite poisoning. He's stronger than Kalibak and Kalibak isn't known for skill. He's stronger than Luthor's armor and doesn't have to particularly worry about anti-Kryptonian measures from the suit too much. He'd probably overload Parasite. Mongul is a one trick pony.

Good post!

The jump from WWH to Worldbreaker level, was pretty small imo. That begs the question, what is after Worldbreaker level?

I mean, what happens when Worldbreaker Hulk makes a Thunderclap? or when he punches/kicks/slaps/slams/etc.. anything or anyone? And if by some chanse the guy standing infront of him, actually challenges him and makes Hulk fight? He would eventually evolve to an even more scary green Giant. This Hulk can not be underrated. SPECIALLY...if you dont have super speed (Superman/Gladiator) Or being able to absorb/drain the planet busting energys from him (Surfer/Quasar) Or possibly Telepathy etc ....well you get my point

In This OP list, i see many guys that imo are some solid candidates for the green guy to beat

@jashro44 said:

THIS HULK = A PLANET-BUSTER BY SMALL MOVEMENTS LOL

Round 1 : Metallo

Hullk oneshots metallo, and gets more pissed of = powers boost X ?

Round 2 : Kalibak

At this point, Hulk is just to much for Kalibak. I haven't kept up with Kalibak for a while. But imo he gets beaten to a bloody pulp! ...but not curb-stomped cuz, Hulk might have to work for it a bit and that makes him even more pissed of = powers boost X ?

Round 3 Lex

I have no Idea what Lex can do to win? I think Lex will use his big mouth and insult Betty or something and at the same time shooting Hulk with everything he has. And that makes him even more pissed of = powers boost X ?

Round 4 Parasite

Hulk gets drained until he gets seriously pissed of, and overloads Parasite till he blows up or something. And of course, that makes him even more pissed of = powers boost X ?

Round 5 Mongul

At this point i dont see how Mongul can win?? In normal cases he could crush hulk, but that requires a normal Hulk.

The only question is..........is Mongul fast enough??? I mean, This Hulk after getting more and more boosted needs only to touch Mongul to defeat him. i dont see any real reason except reaction speed for Mongul to win. But i also believe this Hulk could tag him, even once is enough. 1 touch and Mongul will shit his purple pants. The "normal" Worldbreaker Hulk would make Mongul sweat....The X factor after Parasite and others fueling his rage and ultimately fueling Hulks powers will make him to much for Mongul. Imo Hulk tags his and Mongul gets KTFO!

Mega-Worldbreaker Hulk FTW!

Round 6 Lobo

oooohhhhh, now here is an interesting fight. I honestly dont know. There are to many factors with Lobo. It all depends on if Lobo can actually die in the univerce they are fighting at.

Can hulk clear?

IDK if he can clear, but he gets to the finals imo!

#39 Posted by Onemoreposter (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: When the new gods showed up on the scene and really ever since the special thing about them was that they were an entire race on par with Superman. In terms of physical strength a skinny guy like Desaad or an old man like Highfather aren't going to be his equal. Oppositely people like Darkseid, Devilance and the Infinity Man are able to overpower him through sheer strength and beings like High Father, Metron, and the Black racer, while not his equal in strength, simply possess powers far beyond his own. Now warriors like Orion, Barda, and Kalibak, they are on a very similar/equal footing with Superman in terms of strength. Kalibak is usually defeated because he's stupid and acts such, not because Superman can simply overpower him.

Also I'm guessing everyone possess standard gear which means mother box, beta-club (which induces pain directly in the nerves of living beings), and those little disks that make people fly for Kalibak.

Unless there's PIS, i just can't see Hulk taking on a guy who can toe to toe it with Superman.

#40 Posted by SPM1M (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: its cool i it seems to be goin around alot on this site its better to have it straight have a nice day guy

#41 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman owns Kalibak. I'm not sure if Motherboxes were standard equipment for any Apokoliptians other than Slig Pre-Flashpoint.

#42 Posted by Blob (576 posts) - - Show Bio

He clears it especially because he doesn't get rest which means he will stay angry and only get stronger and stronger.

#43 Edited by Onemoreposter (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: I'm fairly certain they are. Orion, Miracle, Barda, the Forever people all have mother boxes, that I'm certain of. The tek is of New Geneis as opposed to Apokolips so it's possible Kalibak wouldn't have one. I can't think off the top of my head of a specific time he was seen carrying one.

Superman never "owns" Kalibak. If he has it's due to bad writing. I don't remember him coming close to owning any of the New Gods in Kirby's original writing but I may skim through my omnibus here in a few days and see what I can see.

The new Gods were regularly depowered since there inception. Their mythos in particular has been watered down and trampled over, especially in recent years.

#44 Posted by terry2012 (5074 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Man of Yesteryear: Yeah I agreed.

#45 Edited by terry2012 (5074 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: What jashro44, killmall, and The man of yesteryear said. Mongul has always been a problem for superman. Plus I don't know which Mongul you was talking about Mongul sr or Mongul Jr.. If it was pre-crisis Mongul then he stands no chance what so ever. Mongul sr. He only lost to superman once and superman had help too. The other times Superman got overwhelm.

#46 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

Got to agree he makes it to round 5 and loses. If he did make it to round 6 he would stomp lobo.

#47 Posted by Shawnbaby (10636 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk Smash.

#48 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@Killemall: Mongul has superspeed?

Apparently so, much like Lobo. There are few (two that i have seen on comicvine) where he has shown microsecond reaction time.

#49 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter: Motherboxes refused to work for Darkseid Pre-Flashpoint, at least. OWAW Superman tossed Kalibak with ease and Kalibak never got back up. Even in Death of the New gods, one of Kalibak's better showings, he and Mantis only got the upper hand on Superman thanks to an extremely lucky shot.

I do, however, agree that the New gods jobbed since the glory days of Kirby.

@terry2012: Post-Crisis, Mongul Sr. only beat Superman because Superman was seriously deprived of yellow sunlight.

#50 Posted by terry2012 (5074 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: I said pre-crisis Mongul sr. not post- crisis Mongul sr. Pre-crisis is silverage post- crisis is up to date.