Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1751  Edited By DreadValor
No Caption Provided

@sophisticated_ignorance:

(lol, where does it say that the Hulk died? The other panel clearly implies that he lived without damage.. I digress, back to the topic)

Actually, right after he completed lifting the weight, here he was clearly written acknowledging "exhaustion".

In the complete scan of this panel (below all this), the omniologist suggested (and is supported by Superman) that the only appropriate way to measure Superman's strength was to tap into a pan-dimensional wormhole: thereby, stressing the upper limits of his strength and durability to an immediate and quantifiable limit (a really large number).

Correct, I said an "immediate" limit; because, if he was depicted as lifting or withstanding 6 sextillion tons for 5 days (a feat of endurance and strength), how much could he lift or withstand at one time? Meaning, before he is either destroyed or sustains substantial damage?

The answer to the question I have proposed appears to be found in the comics themselves; we see that the weight of two planets colliding inflicted substantial damage to Superman, rendering him unconscious.

Taking everything into consideration, the feat of lifting and enduring the strain of 6 sextillion tons for 5 days is within line with the limits imposed upon the character in the past; in other words, in order to significantly harm Superman (without kryptonite or magic) while he is at a high level of durability (He has lower showings under different writers; ex. Batman drew blood from him while in a Venom-induced rage) you must hit him with force sufficient to destroy a planet or at least with force in excess of the weight of a planet; this makes him incredibly durable and difficult to kill with brute strength.

Also to be noted, is that this may not be the limit of the character's capabilities, as there appears to be no consistent portrayal of his abilities throughout the years; these similarities merge the concepts underlying the character with those identified with the Hulk. Simply put, Superman and the Hulk represent the standards of strength next to which all other comic book characters are judged.

If you want a character to appear to possess great strength, it is a great idea to exploit the characteristics applied to standard setting characters like these; this truth will result in many "weak showings" for each character in order to build the reputation of lesser known, currently popular or newer characters. Characters who the writers wish to allot a place in the comic book "hall of strength": a concept which concerns the process of how we assign credibility to fictional characters based on their showings or feats, things which will be adapted, forcing the character to conform, filling the vacant role in a given story line (when you think about it there are many "halls": magic, speed, intelligence, etcetera).

When I consider characters like Superman or the Hulk, I view them in a more conceptual way. For instance, if I write you a check and I had an infinite money supply, writing down the largest number which came to my mind (say, a Trillion dollars) and afterwards I write another guy a check; but, instead of writing down a defined dollar amount, I just write an infinity symbol.. Who has more money, you or the other guy?

What I'm trying to say is that when you have a truly infinite character a writer could (and eventually will) abuse the concept; forcing unimaginable showings of strength or feats.

In other words, I'd rather have the infinite check than be the guy who could (theoretically) run out of money; One of the certain commonalities of life, is that there are always valuable items to attain. Unfortunately for the finite man, many times, the greater the value the larger the cost.

For the sake of my statement, who knows how much a trillion dollars will be worth in the long run?

For things of the highest value, the price could be infinity itself.

Conceptually, I agree with infinity.. But, these are simply comics, anyone could win; it depends solely on the writers or the goal of the story.

No Caption Provided

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman wins he destroyed everything even the spectre has to stop him superman stomps

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p0rtal said:

um...doomsday never went up against the form or era of superman that comes to mind when older comic fans think "superman"

SIlver Age superman, the likes of Chris R. in superman the movie, that era is what i think of being the only real superman, loved by most, regarded by most, thought of by most, as the most widely accepted form of superman. Hulk has never gone up against anyone on Doomsdays level, post crisis doomday which came to exist only after supermans powers were stripped and made more reasonable is still lightyears stronger than hulk, only world breaker hulk would give doomsday a run for his money.

thats a great question to ask people who talk about supermans power. ask them which version of superman do you consider to be SUPERMAN...when you think of superman, which version pops into your head first. there are a ton of kids here on this forum and pretty much everyone of the last two generations think that justice league or saturday morning superman cartoon was the only version of superman that existed, the one that had trouble with robots and missiles, that was beaten by flash repeatedly and every other large monster out there. sad world i live in right now, and ive been seeing this appear more often here on the forums.

my my, poor superman. RIP

true

Avatar image for charlie_shipman
charlie_shipman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk he has limitless strength while superman has a limit

The fight would be close but hulk having infinite strength,speed and endurance would give him the upper hand

winner hulk

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Superman

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

superman

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For goodness sake.

SUPERMAN.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The boy scout

xeno12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@protectyournose: after a really long bloody epic battle hulk grabs superman by the head and rips him into pieces and then proceeds to hurl the bloody remains into the sun

Avatar image for khianrobinson123-456
khianrobinson123-456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First hulk thunder claps superman, and there is no escaping hulk's thunder clap, then while superman is down hulk can get on top of him, hold him down with one hand and punch him with the other hand until superman is knocked out. Even if hulk does not do this he will not just stand there and let superman beat him up, he will soon get angrier and angrier until he is so strong that superman cannot hurt him at all. Also, superman was beaten by solomon grundy and grundy is basically hulk but weaker. Due to the fact that hulk gets stronger the madder he gets nobody can defeat him because his foe would just make him angrier and stronger until he too strong for anyone to overcome. He is unbeatable. If hulk was in a fight with the whole marvel and dc universe hulk would eventually win. It would not be easy for him but he would still win in the end. Hulk easily beats superman. Puny cape man.

kingofnerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOT BEING AN IDIOT, Superman realizes,"Oh, if I hit him he gets angrier and stronger!" and then quickly takes out LEX LUTHER and then explains the situation to Hulk who calms down and wants to "smash" Luther.

/thread

kingofnerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1767  Edited By kingofnerds

I see a lot of hulk and superman can do this and that and blah blah blah but when I match them up in my head all I can imagine is superman acting like a HERO and finding a way to calm the hulk down and neutralize the situation. Blow for blow I would see these fighting till the end of freaking time and supes ain't got no time for that.

khianrobinson123-456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Superman still is a 100 times stronger, if Superman is not holding back he would send Hulk to space with one punch.

khianrobinson123-456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: No he isn't. It's not hard to send anyone into outer space with a single punch for any of the powerhouses they do it all the time.

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okay based of what I have seen, the biggest thing hulk has destroyed is a planet by punching. Now it takes approx 53 quadrillion mega tons which is so far as I know the maximum output of energy now comparing that to super man who has destroyed planets with just his laser vision, superman maximum output of energy is equal to the force of a supernova which explodes with the force of 10 octillion megatons (infinite mass punch <<<different to the flash's IMP because he vibrates his fist to light speed instead of running at light speed like the flash). In terms of durability superman has survived a supernova blast so supes could definitely take any thing the hulk can dish out (note that this is just regular superman, if he sun dived hulk would certainly lose no contest). Hulk is not even in supes league in terms off speed limit, instead of vibrating his hand at light speed he could just fly at light speed and use the flash's IMP which hits with the force of a white dwarf. And as it was shown I hulk vs Zeus you can beat the hulk if you have enough force to shut him up. With all that said that's my opinion. But science backs it up

khianrobinson123-456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If superman punched hulk into space then hulk would just thunder clap his way back to earth in a matter of seconds and smash superman. Hulk beat galactus, superman can't do that. Also, hulk can beat the entire marvel and dc universe alone. Does anyone want to say anything about that so that I can prove them wrong?

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okay based of what I have seen, the biggest thing hulk has destroyed is a planet by punching. Now it takes approx 53 quadrillion mega tons which is so far as I know the maximum output of energy now comparing that to super man who has destroyed planets with just his laser vision, superman maximum output of energy is equal to the force of a supernova which explodes with the force of 10 octillion megatons (infinite mass punch <<<different to the flash's IMP because he vibrates his fist to light speed instead of running at light speed like the flash). In terms of durability superman has survived a supernova blast so supes could definitely take any thing the hulk can dish out (note that this is just regular superman, if he sun dived hulk would certainly lose no contest). Hulk is not even in supes league in terms off speed limit, instead of vibrating his hand at light speed he could just fly at light speed and use the flash's IMP which hits with the force of a white dwarf. And as it was shown I hulk vs Zeus you can beat the hulk if you have enough force to shut him up. With all that said that's my opinion. But science backs it up

He destroyed an asteroid twice the size of Earth in his weakest incarnation, he destroyed another planet just by releasing gamma waves and never even touching it. When has Superman destroyed planets with just his heat vision? You talking about SA Superman? If Supermans maximum energy output was equal to the force of a Supernova he would be at Solar System + level, but he is not, not even close considering he knocks himself out just by trying to destroy Moons. What you failed to realize with the fight of Hulk vs Zeus is that Zeus was amping himself magically and using lightning attacks in almost every punch he used as well as magic that dampened Hulks healing factor. Which is not the same as using pure physical force. You mean pseudo-science?

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how is the hulk going to beat clark, after superman super pimp slaps him about a million times before he can react?

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess the same way Superman lobotomizes flash who reacts million times faster then him.

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: and so we meet again, let bring up the scans of supes destroying a planet with his heat vision (and no I'm not talking about SA supes), uh yes superman does punch with the force of a supernova its calld the infinite mass punch let me bring that scan up. And superman Has survived the force of a supernova blast so he can DEFINITELY handle anything! hulk dishes out like I said destroy ing earth you only need 53 quadrillion Megaton's.. A supernova explodes with the force of 10 OCTILION MEGATONS! now I dont know if you can count but thats 4 TIMES MORE THAN ANYTHING! HULK HAS DONE.And your seriously trying to say if someone threw the sun at hulk AT light speed that it wouldn't kill him?, surely you are joking?.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuisking: Yes bring them. When has Supermans IMP destroyed a solar system? Oh no wait it destroyed a Moon and he got knocked out in the process. He survived being far from the Sun when it went Supernova. Also i found out your math was wrong. This is Flashs IMP

"And Flash may not punch at exactly the speed of light because that'll make him infinitely heavy and he'll causes big crunch that'll destroy the universe, I think he's just delivering that punch just below the speed of light, maybe 99.99999% the speed of light. How many megatons of energy? Something the mass of a man's fist (300 g) going at near-light speed is going to hit with the energy of 6.4 megatons of TNT, which is 60% the power of Ivy Mike, the first hydrogen bomb."

and this is Supermans

"Superman is about 100 kg, the narration clearly said that he's going just under light speed when he's destroying replica of the Moon.

Since he's going at near-light speed, we can use E = mc^2, his body can yield as much as 2100 megatons of TNT, which is half a time as powerful as total nuclear arsenal during the height of Cold War. It is only enough to destroy country the size of UK, but trillions of times short the needs to destroy Moon-sized planet.

So 2100 megatons is alot less than 10 octillion megatons."

you can read about it here http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/how-much-force-does-the-infinite-mass-punch-hit-wi-1481408/?page=1

As you can see it's nowhere NOWHERE near impressive as you make it out to be. It surprise me you do not use any common sense whatsoever, do you really think Superman goes around doing IMP's of Supernova levels or anything remotely close to that level without it having a devastating effect on the planet or anyone around him?

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/can-superman-destroy-the-earth-1476092/ check this it shows supes destroying a planet with laser vision.http://www.screwattack.com/news/supermans-infinite-mass-punch-how-powerfull that should explain supes power as well as this

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1780  Edited By gokuisking
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/can-superman-destroy-the-earth-1476092/ check this it shows supes destroying a planet with laser vision.http://www.screwattack.com/news/supermans-infinite-mass-punch-how-powerfull that should explain supes power as well as this

So you resort to straight up making up facts now? Superman did not destroy a planet there he heated it up to it's normal temperature and that was Earth not just any planet so he definitely did not destroy it. And the link to screwattack confirms what i have been saying. Superman doesn't strike the force of a supernova.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oyl97TG8jbA that explains supes IMP

LOL did you just use screwattacks Superman vs Goku death battle as an argument LMFAO... i am done...

Avatar image for supermankillsbatman
Supermankillsbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If hulk was in a fight with the whole marvel and dc universe hulk would eventually win. It would not be easy for him but he would still win in the end. Hulk easily beats superman. Puny cape man.

That's a load of rubbish , There are plenty of characters who can defeat Hulk, Superman could just take Hulk out with his Phantom Zone gun.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman slaughters.

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: okay I concead that my math was wrong, so explain to me why the hulk can beat superman? What can hulk Do that superman can't do,better besides their own unique powers?.and just do reference the three times supes and hulknhave gone toe to toe supes has won everytime

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: sir come on this is what the forum is for, so we can debate. Your doing a great job shutting down most of my theories, so let us continue

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

hulk

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman is a close fight

khianrobinson123-456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: I totally agree with this guy. Hulk woiyuld beat zeus any day. That time when he fought zeus he was only there for his loved ones and so was not in an angry state and could not fight to the best of his abilities. If it was world breaker hulk then he would barely feel the lightning strikes. World breaker hulk could just punch zeus in the face a few times and he would be out. Hulk beats superman every time. PUNY CAPE MAN IS NOTHING TO HULK!

khianrobinson123-456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermankillsbatman: This is a fight between hulk and superman, not hulk vs superman with his special little gun. Puny cape man needs a gun to stand up to the hulk. HA! That's funny and perthetic. Also, you really think that there are people who can beat the hulk? Name 10 people who you think can beat hulk and I will tell you how they would lose to the hulk. Hulk will always beat superman, no matter how many puny little weapons scout boy brings with him(cheating)

Avatar image for supermankillsbatman
Supermankillsbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khianrobinson123-456:

Havok

Iron Man

Thor

Doctor Doom

Flash

Silver Surfer

Doomsday

Thanos

Darksied

Braniac

Galactus

Wonder Woman

The list could go on for a very long time, I understand Hulk is probably your favourite character but he is not invincible, I'd like to say Superman is but he is not. But if thats your opinion i'll leave you to it, Not debating something that has been done loads of time already on here.

Anyway Superman would just fly to the sun , Return and knock Hulk out.

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khianrobinson123-456:

Havok

Iron Man

Thor

Doctor Doom

Flash

Silver Surfer

Doomsday

Thanos

Darksied

Braniac

Galactus

Wonder Woman

The list could go on for a very long time, I understand Hulk is probably your favourite character but he is not invincible, I'd like to say Superman is but he is not. But if thats your opinion i'll leave you to it, Not debating something that has been done loads of time already on here.

Anyway Superman would just fly to the sun , Return and knock Hulk out.

Lets go overkill!

Mxy

LT

Beyonder

Presence

TOAA

CA Supes

Batmite

Emporor Joker

RKT

Silver Age Superman sundipped for 20,000 years

34cn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1793  Edited By 34cn

Superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hulk

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any Superman can beat any Hulk

Avatar image for warmachinerox2000
warmachinerox2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk has unlimited strength. Superman doesn't. The more angrier hulk gets the stronger he gets. Superman doesn't. And yet superman still wins..

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1797 thedailybagel  Moderator

@leo-343: I'm not saying hulk wins but he doesn't need to get angry to be as strong as superman.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1799 thedailybagel  Moderator

@leo-343: yeah, a regular hulk can't really beat someone with similar strength, versatility, and a huge speed advantage. Hulks best redeeming factor against someone like that is that he'll make them work to bring him down seeing as he can take a hit.

ShaoKahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1800  Edited By ShaoKahn

Superman easily . He is vastly stronger( at base ) , faster , Heat vision ( even scientists can't measure ) , Cold breath , 320x Faster than the light etc