Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Hulk can't control World Breaker Hulk state. The very essence of the state is the fact Hulk literally loses control over his rage, but anything prior to it is completely controllable for him. As for the scans, they were talking about the entire WWH until Hulk lost control at the end.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper:

Why would Banner hit Bob if Sentry was the problem ? If he had so much control he could have stop before if he just wanted to stop him.

The whole run shows that Hulk isn't holding back against opponents with high durability, he don't hold back against Wolverine : he hit him seven time in the face.

He hit Sentry and Thing less than that and their durability is better than Wolverine. How do you explain that ?

Banner would hit Bob because Bob is Sentry... What the hell man? He did have control about how hard he was going to punch Sentry as he didn't want Sentry to be flying around nuking the city and killing everyone, i mean, he controlled himself quite good whereas Sentry was a total mess. Don't be difficult.

The whole run shows Hulk holding back, laughing and completely overpowering every single rival that he encountered, almost killed Thing with 2 shots, made Jen Walters pray to god with 1 hit, almost stopped Juggernaut's charge completely with a smile on his face while taking punches to the face that could generate 8.0 Earthquakes with minor mouth bleeding, he gave Sentry a disfigured face with 3 hits, the same goes for Hercules. I mean, there's no contest Hulk wasn't even trying that much against everybody, while i could agree he could have holding less against Sentry, he was still controlling his hits, pulling his punches back and holding back nonetheless.

By now i think you're missing a huge point here. Wolverine DOES HAVE better durability than both of them considering he's essentially indestructible because, you know, he's made out of adamantium of the purest indole. That said, im going to clarify something really important here, Wolverine has been KO'd by Hulk with a single punch before, hell, Wolverine has stated he feels his soul leaving his body when Hulk punches him. The fact Hulk punched him so many times wasn't because Wolverine requires so many punches to be KO'd, but the fact he wanted to dampen Wolverine's healing factor as well, so he opted to turn Wolverine's brains into mush to keep him away from becoming a nuisance like you're graciously becoming right now <3.

Entire Worlds = Planets

And those worlds where... Somewhere in your biased mind?

Of course, he could do it because Genis-Vell put them both in the Microverse to avoid to destroy everything : He can't display so much energy on Earth, even he is holding back, because he will easily destroy it.

Reaching... Reaching... Reaching. Sentry couldn't even take on Red Hulk by himself and he was stable minded. Sentry has no feats suggesting he could bust planets easily and you're just overrating the blond junkie's capabilities. It was also the combined energy projection who was stated to be enough to shred worlds, not Sentry's alone, MEH.

The stronger version of Hulk who has a hard time fighting a vastly depowered Sentry : it is shown that he has never had so mental issues much before, he stayed 29 hours at his door without moving before the end and moved only because Hulk made him think that Reed and the others will be killed. Hulk wasn't holding back against him. Amadeus Cho say that Hulk is holding back to protect puny people and the whole area has been burned by Sentry's energies so there is no reasons to hold back at this point.

Yes, Hulk while holding had a hard time fighting a Sentry who was out of control and was incinerating New York as a whole. So what he had mental issues? You're still not debunking the fact Hulk held back, because contrary to your flawed and unsupported opinions, Hulk was stated 3 times he held back in Manhattan. I could care less about what you think about Sentry, sure, he wasn't mentally stable, but keep Hulk's stuff out of your speculative bubble as most of what you're addressing is completely unfounded.

What if Hulk punched Sentry hard enough to send him flying across the city? That would mean Sentry would have lost control in another part of the country, better to keep it around the same area to reduce casualties right? We're being logical here right? Well, that's a logical assumption there.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1704  Edited By RealityWarper

@ghostravage:

Banner would hit Bob because Bob is Sentry... What the hell man? He did have control about how hard he was going to punch Sentry as he didn't want Sentry to be flying around nuking the city and killing everyone, i mean, he controlled himself quite good whereas Sentry was a total mess. Don't be difficult.

<<<<<<<<<<<< He controlled nothing. Pak stated himself in an interview that Hulk landed his mightiest blow on The Sentry and we can add that his fists are slowed by the semi-solid energies that surrounds The Sentry. Sentry let The Hulk hit him. I'm not difficult. You are.

The whole run shows Hulk holding back, laughing and completely overpowering every single rival that he encountered, almost killed Thing with 2 shots, made Jen Walters pray to god with 1 hit, almost stopped Juggernaut's charge completely with a smile on his face while taking punches to the face that could generate 8.0 Earthquakes with minor mouth bleeding, he gave Sentry a disfigured face with 3 hits, the same goes for Hercules. I mean, there's no contest Hulk wasn't even trying that much against everybody, while i could agree he could have holding less against Sentry, he was still controlling his hits, pulling his punches back and holding back nonetheless.

<<<<<<<<<< Was bloodied by The Thing. Lost his eyes to Wolverine. Was obliged to trick Juggernaut because he couldn't harm him. Sentry was extremely weakened as I proved it in the thread you didn't read because you are probably afraid by the truth. Hercules let WWH hit him aswell. And Amadeus Cho stated before the final fight that Hulk was pulling his punches to spare the puny people so that clearly don't apply to fight between The Sentry and The Hulk. The Sentry was on the verge of killing everyone and everything on the Planet, Hulk had no reason to hold back at this point.

By now i think you're missing a huge point here. Wolverine DOES HAVE better durability than both of them considering he's essentially indestructible because, you know, he's made out of adamantium of the purest indole. That said, im going to clarify something really important here, Wolverine has been KO'd by Hulk with a single punch before, hell, Wolverine has stated he feels his soul leaving his body when Hulk punches him. The fact Hulk punched him so many times wasn't because Wolverine requires so many punches to be KO'd, but the fact he wanted to dampen Wolverine's healing factor as well, so he opted to turn Wolverine's brains into mush to keep him away from becoming a nuisance like you're graciously becoming right now <3.

No Caption Provided

<<<<<<<<<< Wolverine is not indestructible, except for his fans maybe. His healing factor can be overloaded. He can't resist to a nuke. Sentry can. Their durability aren't on the same level. Yes it does. Sentry KOed Wolverine in one hit.

= You are wrong again. <3

And those worlds where... Somewhere in your biased mind?

<<<<< Then look again because my "biased mind" has learnt to read.

No Caption Provided

"AND THROUGH THE POWER BOTH MENS SPIT OUT IS ENOUGH TO SHRED ENTIRE WORLDS AND CAPTAIN AMERICA KNOWS THEY ARE ACTUALLY STILL HOLDING BACK !"

That's the words of the narrator : he is neutral and his point of view is omniscient.

That's the "POWER BOTH MENS SPIT OUT"

and not

"the combined energy of two mens spit out entire worlds" like in the usual "What if ? I lowballed some characters" by Ghostravage.

That means that independently from each other they have enough energy to shred entire worlds apart.

Reaching... Reaching... Reaching. Sentry couldn't even take on Red Hulk by himself and he was stable minded

<<<<<<<<<< Scan please ! Prove it ! XD

.Sentry has no feats suggesting he could bust planets easily and you're just overrating the blond junkie's capabilities. It was also the combined energy projection who was stated to be enough to shred worlds, not Sentry's alone, MEH.

<<<<<<<<<<<<< I proved it above ! :D Oh and you are clearly showing your hate of the character : BIASED.

Yes, Hulk while holding had a hard time fighting a Sentry who was out of control and was incinerating New York as a whole. So what he had mental issues? You're still not debunking the fact Hulk held back, because contrary to your flawed and unsupported opinions, Hulk was stated 3 times he held back in Manhattan. I could care less about what you think about Sentry, sure, he wasn't mentally stable, but keep Hulk's stuff out of your speculative bubble as most of what you're addressing is completely unfounded.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< I provet it here :http://www.comicvine.com/sentry/4005-1454/forums/why-sentry-was-weakened-during-the-world-war-hulk--1616734/?messageId=13261347&page=1

But you are clearly AFRAID TO READ IT. I stay stick on feats : You are actually relying on a character statement.

What if Hulk punched Sentry hard enough to send him flying across the city? That would mean Sentry would have lost control in another part of the country, better to keep it around the same area to reduce casualties right? We're being logical here right? Well, that's a logical assumption there.

<<<<<<<<<< You are not logical at all and doing a new "What if?" as usual because you can't simply handle what is happening in the comics. ;)

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

So much for Hulk vs Superman? O_o..............I would say Supes. better feats tanking and strength and speed.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1707  Edited By ariesxmasters

@jestersmiles: This whole thread is a mistake. I like both these characters equally I'd say this would be a good fight.

Also: I think Aries master just hates Supes and DC in general. This is the second time I see him ripping on Boy scout.

Here I'm going to say what I got to say and however you come back I'm going to let it be.

Haha you know, I like Superman and both companies equally. I'm just not biased against Marvel and especially not against Hulk like it seems like everyone is. I don't take either side with a sword of injustce, specially in this case since I have read a lot of titles with these both in it. I just put these both side by side in my head

Hulks strength(Plus according to Savage Hulk "Hulk's strength has always increased when it is challenged"), how Superman's invulnerability works

Hulks incredible healing factor, Superman strength hitting/striking strength not his benching strength

Superman healing factor and how long it takes.

How they both fight when mind controlled or when they're not themselves. Which i consider is the closet thing to them with morals off.

Superman actual reflexes, and reaction speed not his speed he can fly if he needs to run away lol.

I calculate it all and come up with a conclusion. I don't side with Superman just because he is faster than Hulk and that is Superman's speed when he is flying or running away not his reaction speed or reflex speed. I also don't side with Superman just because he is Superman and more popular and known than Hulk.

DreadValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1708  Edited By DreadValor

Both characters are obviously fictional, no one claims otherwise, why debate this matter so religiously?

Superman is very a powerful character; at full output (without holding back), he is capable of many (impossible) things under certain writers.

The Hulk as a concept, should be one of the most powerful characters ever conceived.

Due to what I have seen from each character, I have just made up these three scenarios. Killer Superman Vs. Hulk; Superman vs. Hulk; Superman vs. Killer Hulk.

Fight 1: Superman starts with murderous intent, Hulk starts docile.

Superman: This world is like cardboard.. Lois was killed and mutilated yesterday.. Humans are animals! All life is useless! I'll destroy this universe! Starting with the center of corruption--Earth!

Hulk: Hmm.. Hulk wonder what's on tv.. *channels flicker*.. *Hulk pauses*..

Breaking news: Ohh the humanity! A dimensional aperture appeared earlier this morning!.. New York is gone.. A red/blue flash appeared momentarily taking a human shape before setting fire to all men, women and children it it's nearest vicinity.. The military was unable to stop it.. The Avengers are on the other side of the Galaxy fighting Thanos.. *Anchorman stops*.. I.. We are receiving a report from the point of devastation.. The blue is a man!.. It has killed our correspondent team and now it transmits a signal.. *static* We are patching it through..

Superman: Attention all viewing mortals! Your cities are weak! Your people are weak! Your heroes are weak! *raises Wolverine and Spiderman's heads* Hahahaha!.. Is this the best you can do? Sending your pets to greet the stranger knocking on your door? Well.. You can hide in your houses.. You can hide under rocks.. You can hide anywhere in this Universe, it won't matter.. I will find you, I will kill you. I hear everything, I see everything.. And I can be anywhere, I am currently the most powerful being in your universe. Bring me your Avengers, bring me your hope; I will kill it, then I will kill you all! *sobs of a child heard* *the red/blue blur searches through ruble at a speed outside of the visual spectrum* *lifts ruble* *flash of red light* *crying stops* *crushes camera*

Hulk: *Hulk sits silently* *one tear runs down his face* *his expression hardens*

Superman: Bring me your Aveeengers! Nooow! Or I'll kill this animal! *girl cries in his arms*

Distant noise: GRRAAAAAAHHH!!

Superman: *superman looks up and smiles, then looks at the girl* There, there; calm down.. Your heroes are coming to rescue you.

Hulk: *Ground quakes* *Hulk stands still* *breathing heavily*

Superman: *Superman looks up to meet Hulk's eyes, he smiles; then Superman looks at the girl* See, I told you animal.. You'll be fine.

Hulk: Let her go.. *hard expression*

Superman: Who are you? Are you supposed to be some kind of tough guy?

Hulk: Now. *expression flutters*

Superman: Okay. Okay big guy, calm down.. Nobody has to get hurt, I just want to talk.. *Lets girl go; Girl runs behind Hulk*

Hulk: *exhales deeply* Okay..

Superman: Protect her!

Hulk: *Hulk gasps* *he covers the child with his body*

Superman: *Superman laughs*

Hulk: *Hulk looks up; Red eyes shine like the sun*.

Superman: You think you have the power Green Ape? *Clark smiles*

Hulk: *Hulk curls tight around the child, heat instantly engulfs his skin*

Superman: I will unleash only a portion of my power; that will sufficiently fry these animals!

Superman: *Giant ball visible under the flames, as the earth turns molten underneath and begins to form a giant hole in the planet*

Superman: *Superman is surprised that anything is still there (underneath his heat vision)*

Superman: Impossible! Die mortal! Die!!! *Hole melts deeper into the ground; roaring is faintly audible under the flames*

Superman: I have conquered 11 Earths, in 11 dimensions! ... Nothing can survive this heat!

Superman: Aaaaaarrrrhhhee!! (he has depleted his energy).. Die!!.. *his power gradually wanes down*..

Superman: *Superman breathes heavily* *the western hemisphere of Earth is molten rock, the waters of the sea steam into the atmosphere; It begins to rain*

Superman: *Superman smiles* Well, tha- *interrupted*

Hulk: *the continents shift as he moves, the Earth struggles to maintain it's shape; the earth roars from its heart*

Superman: Never.. Never in my life have I heard such a sound!.. *Clark trembles..* Come face me beeeast!!!

Hulk: *the ground quakes, Hulk's hand appears along the edge of the vast canyon: the edge nearest to Superman.*

Hulk: *Hulk cradles a faint smudge of ashes in his palm; his expression hardens, he begins to glow green energy*

Superman: *Superman attacks, with a single planet busting strike.. The beast stands unfazed, Clark's smile bends downward*

*Flashback*

Superman: *Superman remembers Batman's last words*

Batman: *coughs blood* I promise.. No matter where you go you'll never find rest..

Superman: *picks up car*

Batman: you’ll never get away with this Clark. *Gestures to the city, with great effort*

Batman: *his heart throbs, he almost passes out* Someday an avenger will come on behalf of the innocent.. Clark.. There is always someone stronger than you..

Superman: *He can still move, incredible; I broke his spine it two!..*

Superman: No, Bruce.. I am the strongest one there is.. *brings car down before Batman can reach his ring*

*Return to present*

Superman:.. No.. This is not happening! I won't allow it! *looks at the sky*

Superman: You were wrong Bruce! *begins pounding Hulk at light speed*

Hulk: *Hulk is too slow to grab him*

Superman: *My attacks aren't scratching him at all!*

Superman: I'll be back! *Superman darts to the sun*

Hulk: *Hulk tries to grab him; he knows that if he jumps the rest of the world will be destroyed. Hulk stands enraged and helpless..*

Hulk: Hulk finally stops screaming for a moment, he takes in the vision of the surrounding carnage .. He sees ashes in a familiar shape..*

Hulk: Rick.. *Hulk begins to cry..*

Hulk: *he feels air behind him.. And radiating intense heat; He turns around..*

Hulk: *It’s the sun!.. The sun is on the surface of the planet.. He can barely think under such rage..*

Hulk: *he hears a familiar voice*..

Superman:.. Yeah.. It took a few seconds for that one to die.. You Apes don’t like to give up..

Hulk: *the glowing man’s eyes widen*

Superman: Hahahahah!

Hulk: *Hulk thinks nothing, pure rage takes over his body*

Superman: Hahaha! Come on! Haha! *I want to see what this beast can do, I’m unstoppable now*

Hulk: *Hulk grabs his arms, with surprising speed. The earth shakes; the massive sheet of volcanic glass, where America once was, cracks to reveal deep grooves in the planet*

Superman: *Clark laughs* What are you going to do now child?

Hulk: Make a wish. *a loud bang is heard throughout the earth, followed by a howl of immense pain*

Superman: Ahhhhhhh!.. Gahhhh!... *One arm is torn off and another hangs attached only by skin*.. Ahhh..

Superman: *Gasps hoarsely* You stupid animal!.. Look what you did!.. You tore off my arms!!!

Superman: *Clark looks at himself; he shrieks in a loud scream of intense pain and surprise*

Hulk: *roars!*

Hulk: You killed Hulk’s friends! YOU KILLED HULK’s FRIENDS!!

Hulk: *claps hands on glowing man’s head and shoulders, glowing man’s torso explodes like a miniature star spreading dust everywhere..*

Hulk: *Hulk roars!!.. He closes the rip in space-time he just opened*

Hulk: *He falls to his knees and curls into a ball, shaking.. His remaining fury sinks the North American continent*..

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both characters are obviously fictional, no one claims otherwise, why debate this matter so religiously?

Superman is very a powerful character; at full output (without holding back), he is capable of many things under certain writers.

The Hulk as a concept, should be one pf the most powerful characters ever conceived.

Due to what I have seen from each character, I have just made up these three scenarios.

Fight: Superman starts with murderous intent, Hulk starts docile.

Superman: This world is like cardboard.. Lois was killed and mutilated yesterday.. Humans are animals! All life is useless! I'll destroy this universe! Starting with the center of corruption--Earth!

Hulk: Hmm.. Hulk wonder what's on tv.. *channels flicker*.. *Hulk pauses*..

Breaking news: Ohh the humanity! A dimensional aperture appeared earlier this morning!.. New York is gone.. A red/blue flash appeared momentarily taking a human shape before setting fire to all men, women and children it it's nearest vicinity.. The military was unable to stop it.. The Avengers are on the other side of the Galaxy fighting Thanos.. *Anchorman stops*.. I.. We are receiving a report from the point of devastation.. The blue is a man!.. It has killed our correspondent team and now it transmits a signal.. *static* We are patching it through..

Superman: Attention all viewing mortals! Your cities are weak! Your people are weak! Your heroes are weak! *raises Wolverine and Spiderman's heads* Hahahaha!.. Is this the best you can do? Sending your pets to greet the stranger knocking on your door? Well.. You can hide in your houses.. You can hide under rocks.. You can hide anywhere in this Universe, it won't matter.. I will find you, I will kill you. I hear everything, I see everything.. And I can be anywhere, I am currently the most powerful being in your universe. Bring me your Avengers, bring me your hope; I will kill it, then I will kill you all! *sobs of a child heard* *the red/blue blur searches through ruble at a speed outside of the visual spectrum* *lifts ruble* *flash of red light* *crying stops* *crushes camera*

*Hulk sits silently* *one tear runs down his face* *his expression hardens*

Superman: Bring me your Aveeengers! Nooow! Or I'll kill this animal! *girl cries in his arms*

Distant noise: GRRAAAAAAHHH!!

*superman smiles*: There, there; calm down.. Your heroes are coming to rescue you.

*Ground quakes* *Hulk stands still* *breathing heavily*

*Superman looks up to meet his eyes, he smiles*: See, I told you animal.. You'll be fine.

Hulk: Let her go.. *hard expression*

Superman: Who are you? Are you supposed to be some kind of tough guy?

Hulk: Now. *expression flutters*

Superman: Okay. Okay big guy, calm down.. Nobody has to get hurt, I just want to talk.. *Lets girl go* *Girl runs behind Hulk*

Hulk: *exhales deeply* Okay..

Superman: Protect her!

*Hulk gasps* *he covers the child with his body* *Superman laughs*

*Hulk looks up* *Red eyes shine like the sun*: You think you have the power Green Ape? *Clark smiles* *Hulk curls tight around the child, heat instantly engulfs his skin*

Superman: I will unleash only a portion of my power; that will sufficiently fry these animals! *Giant ball visible under the flames, as the earth turns molten underneath*

Superman: Impossible! Die mortal! Die!!! *Hole melts deeper into the ground* *roaring faintly audible under the flames*

Superman: I have conquered 11 Earths, in 11 dimensions! ... Nothing can survive this heat! Aaaaaarrrrhhhee!! Die!! *power wanes down*..

*Superman breathes heavily* *the western hemisphere of Earth is molten rock, the waters of the sea steam into the atmosphere* *It begins to rain*

Superman smiles: Well, tha- *interrupted*

*the continents shift, the Earth struggles to maintain it's shape*

Superman: Never.. Never in my life have I heard such a sound!.. *Clark trembles..* Face me beeeast!!!

*the ground quakes, Hulk appears through the top of the hole*

*Superman attacks, with a single planet busting strike*.. *The beast stands unfazed, Clark's smile bends downward* *Superman remembers Batman's last words* Batman: *coughs blood* I promise.. No matter where you go you'll never find rest.. *superman picks up car* you’ll never get away with this Clark. *Gestures to the city, with great effort. Heart throbs almost passes out* Someday an avenger will come on behalf of the innocent.. Clark.. There is always someone stronger than you.. Superman: *He can still move, incredible; I broke his spine it two!..* No.. I am the strongest one there is.. *brings car down before Batman can reach his ring*

*Return to present* Superman:.. No.. This is not happening! I won't allow it! *looks at the sky* You were wrong Bruce! *begins pounding Hulk at light speed* *Hulk is too slow to grab him*

Superman: *My attacks aren't scratching him at all!* I'll be back! *Superman darts to the sun*

*Hulk finally stops screaming for a moment, he takes in the vision of the surrounding carnage*..*he sees ashes in a familiar shape*..

Hulk: Rick.. *Hulk begins to cry*.. *he feels air behind him.. And heat* *He turns around*.. *It’s the sun!.. The sun is on the surface of the planet.. He can barely think under such rage*.. *he hears a familiar voice*..

Superman:.. Yeah.. It took a few seconds for that one to die.. You Apes don’t like to give up.. *the glowing man’s eyes widen* Hahahahah!

Hulk: *He thinks nothing, pure rage takes over his body*

Superman: Hahaha! Come on! Haha! *I want to see what this beast can do, I’m unstoppable now* *Hulk grabs his arms* *Clark laughs* What are you going to do now child?

Hulk: Make a wish. *a loud bang is heard throughout the earth, followed by a howl of immense pain*

Superman: Ahhhhhhh!.. Gahhhh!... *One arm is torn off and another hangs attached only by skin*.. Ahhh..

Superman: *Gasps hoarsely* You stupid animal!.. Look what you did!.. You tore off my arms!!!

Hulk: *roars!* You killed Hulk’s friends! YOU KILLED HULK’s FRIENDS!! *claps hands on glowing man’s head and shoulders, glowing man’s torso explodes like a miniature star.* *Hulk roars!!.. He falls to his knees and curls into a ball, shaking*.. *His remaining fury sinks the North American continent*..

That is the funniest I've ever read. Thank you so much.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DreadValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1711  Edited By DreadValor

Yeah, that's what would happen if evil Superman fought the Hulk; Superman it too prideful, in any incarnation, he gives the Hulk enough time and motivation to reach the necessary level of anger to end the fight (in several ways).

DreadValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: Thanks, it just happens that way when I let it play in my mind (according to each character's personality).

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DreadValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman would need to put him down quickly

DreadValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1716  Edited By DreadValor

@deathsdoor726: That would take another "Superman" ;Zod might be capable of doing it, but it's likely he would anger the Hulk significantly first. Thus, he'd miss his opportunity to finish him quickly.

Clark would never finish the Hulk quickly, he is too arrogant. The Hulk would build enough anger to finish this, as Superman pulls his punches until it's too late.

mrb1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only way Supes take this is if Superman "blitzes" him, and by that I don't mean going hyper fast and ending it in second, but I'm talking about not letting Hulk build up his anger. If not, Hulk will make putty out of Superman, since the fight would last just that long. Superman can't really knock out Hulk if he lets him anger up, but Hulk can. 50/50 I'd say, comes down to Superman blitzing him or not, and I don't think he does since he would try to reason first/analyze and then he'd see that Hulk is a real threat. Much like Thor always holds back in fights at the start (Unless he knows it's someone as strong/stronger than him(SS fight comes to mind))

DreadValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1718  Edited By DreadValor

Clark would need to sun-dip (For some depictions of the Hulk) and go all out from the beginning in order to beat the Hulk unconscious quickly; writers have depicted the Hulk as surviving nukes, and supposedly "planet-busting" impacts at lower levels of anger. The depiction of the Hulk having the "strongest chin in comics" is more often written than the Hulk's lower showings (getting knocked out by Thor; though Thor does hold back a lot, he did fight a serpent which was twice the size of Earth, so.. Maybe he's a lot stronger than he seems).

The writer's dictate the victor in this unambiguous battle: Hulk vs. Superman.. Really, each has an equal chance of victory.. But, Clark is often depicted as being quite slow mentally; I do not think the commonly shown "Superman" will be quick enough to realize the source of Hulk's power.

Given the Hulk's ability, many writers depict him as "holding back" his true strength; as it was depicted that if the Hulk has no concern for the lifeforms living on a planet, he has the necessary strength to simply crush basically any planet. Against Red She-Hulk, Banner at a seemingly calm state simply refused to contain his strength (as there were no innocents on the planet); as a result in seemingly one action, he destroyed a planet after clashing with Red She-Hulk, killing every other creature (including Red She-Hulk). If Red She-Hulk died in the clash and the Hulk did not, this serves as proof that his energy was significantly greater than hers; if this is true then his was likely responsible for the planet's destruction.

Proof of his lower level of anger should be the fact that the planet's tectonic plates were not shifting from the amount of potential kinetic energy contained within his body; so, at a relatively low level of strength the Hulk can destroy a planet in one motion.

Superman can destroy a planet in one motion as well, though usually he needs a strategy to accomplish the task; Clark's durability was key in the destruction of the dark planet, as he used a technique similar to flash's infinite mass punch to accomplish the goal (building energy in an all out blitz, traveling just under light speed and from a great distance).

Really each character has an equal chance of victory, depending on Hulk's level anger (depicted for the battle) and the writer's depiction of either the rate by which his strength increases or the amount of energy he withholds for the sake of the planet; because, it seems like Clark almost never changes (he will be predictable).

DreadValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1719  Edited By DreadValor

@mrb1p: Has superman ever gone light speed in the earth's atmosphere? Will this fight take place on earth (both will hold back)? Also, if this Superman has any similarities to the one that fought Doomsday; doesn't it seem that Clark has had trouble blitzing large and powerful opponents (Also, he'd hold back on Earth)?

It seems like this boils down to a fistfight in a desert (to avoid human casualties), and they'd still hold back.

mrb1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadvalor: I actually agree and I don't really think any regular superman has ever done anything like that. Doomsday is a good example.

But we've also seen weaker Hulk version get knocked out by weaker people than Superman, which is why I posted this.

DreadValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrb1p: I think I typed too much in my above post.. I mentioned Thor, I also questioned his strength (seemingly incredible).

Yeah, this is up to the writers.. But, it seems Superman would need to be made quite a lot smarter than usual in order to win this conflict (or the Hulk's strength must be decreased; as we both previously mentioned). Though the writer's could hit the "discard all history" button and portray one of them as totally unstoppable (likely Superman, if Marvel continues to bow; Marvel did a lot of bowing to DC in the past..).

mrb1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadvalor: Yeah, I totally skipped your wall of text, sorry :3

I don't think Superman needs to be "smarter", he's not dumb or anything, it's just his character, he has too much rationality to just go all-out on anyone on the first meeting. I don't think it ever happened before, even with people he knows I don't think it happened.

DreadValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1723  Edited By DreadValor

@mrb1p: *sigh*.. What I mean by "smarter" is that he'd have to quickly discover the Hulk's source of power/weakness, in order to score the quick sun-dipped win.

The smarter Clark would need to not blindly engage the Hulk as he would any other opponent, Superman has a pattern of trusting in his own strength and demoralizing his opponents with his sheer power; against the Hulk this would work for a while then eventually it would backfire and he (Clark) would likely end up in a "no win" situation.

Also (depending on his intelligence), Superman might realize that the Hulk protects innocents, he could then allow the Hulk to escape; then he'd return to the fortress and develop a way to absorb the Hulk's power (on some versions of the Hulk this would work). Then Clark would give his standard speech to Banner and they would become allies.

The standard lobotomized Superman would engage the Hulk in battle, while holding back, also failing to notice the source of his power; this would result in a few broken super bones (if this was a powerful Hulk).

If it's an exceptionally weak Hulk then Clark could simply knock him out while un-sun-dipped, depending on how stupid Marvel was feeling that day.

mrb1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadvalor: No need to sigh at me, we are in agreement. I just wanted to clarify that it isn't a lack of intelligence for Clark, but rather his strong rational thought process that would be his demise to a character like Hulk with the "Not going all out" thing.

DreadValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1725  Edited By DreadValor

@mrb1p: I agree with you 100%. It's just annoying how Superman is supposed to have super intellect, but instead he usually fails to utilize this advantage (due to the writers).

Therefore, I contest his super intellect altogether (based on how the writers portray the character).

More like, "super gullibility/foolishness"; how is Clark still alive?

mrb1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadvalor: I don't think he has super intellect ? He just processes information a lot faster.

DreadValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrb1p: Wasn't it true that there is no way to measure his intellect though?

DreadValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1728  Edited By DreadValor

Really though, in my opinion, 50/50 depends on the writers.

lukas12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

DreadValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1730  Edited By DreadValor

@lukas12: Wow, "Superman". One word.. Genius! *sarcasm* (these are two characters which represent concepts, they are not real or consistent. Anything could happen in fiction. Hence, 50/50.)

HellBlazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman always beats Hulk

ponello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hulk

MySuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Hulk vs Superman / Hulk vs Thor / Hulk vs Juggernaut / Hulk vs Doomsday are probably the biggest Hulk fights ever.

ponello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1734  Edited By ponello

@mysuperior: I agree haha

Hulk > super man

Thor > Hulk

Hulk > Juggernaut

Hulk > Doomsday

DreadValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1735  Edited By DreadValor

@hellblazing: Superman lifted the weight of the planet (similar in the way he is shown towing planets) for 5 days; 6 sextillion tons for 5 days, then he was exhausted.

At the conclusion of planet Hulk, a restrained step from the Hulk shifted at least one tectonic plate. If the Earth weighs 6 sextillion tons and a tectonic plate is 1-2 twelfths of the Earth's total mass, then the Hulk moved .5-1 sextillion tons with a single restrained step. What would have happened if he gave the planet a good stomp at that time? No character in comics has shown the ability, with strength alone, to destroy a planet by basically flexing their muscles.

Later we see a depiction of the Hulk and Red She-Hulk engaged in battle; they were in a realm where you could wish people back from the dead; so, the Hulk decided that he no longer had to contain his strength, he and Red She-Hulk clashed and the result was catastrophic: the impact released a shock wave which completely disintegrated several highly durable characters (the Windigo and several like him).

Do to the illustration which clearly depicted the Hulk's brightness and energy (released by anger) in prominence when compared to Red She-Hulk's energy, you can tell that the artist was showing that the Hulk released the bulk of the energy used to eradicate the planet; this illustration, when pared with the later panel which shows that the Hulk survived the planet's destruction with no apparent damage sustained, clearly shows that the Hulk released and survived releasing planet busting energy (with little to no ill side effects).

The Hulk's anger prior to destroying the planet, was not equal to the level of anger achieved at the climax of the World War Hulk event, I'd say that it was far less; the illustration did not show the tectonic plates of the planet shift under his feet, which means that the Hulk was shown destroying a planet at a comparatively low level of anger to that achieved in the prior depiction (he learned that a close friend was responsible for his wife's death [he also thought his son was dead]).

Superman destroyed a planet as well: the dark planet; during this instance of planet busting, Superman had to build up momentum from a seemingly great distance. Gradually he reached a speed "just under" the speed of light; this technique was similar to that which the Flash uses for his "infinite mass punch". Thus, this instance was more of a testament to the writers portrayal of Superman's durability than his strength (both are connected).

In spite of his great durability, Superman was rendered unconscious after accomplishing this highly technical (comic) feat; I do not recall Superman ever being shown destroying a planet in one singular motion, without the assistance of another being or a plot-induced technique; therefore, it seems that DC depicts Superman consistently below the above depictions of the Hulk's purely strength related feats.

Conclusion, none of these feats matter in the end; it all depends on how the writer (s) of the particular story (Hulk vs. Superman) was feeling that day. This battle could end due to either an unusually powerful Superman (Hulk) or an unusually weak Hulk (Superman).

mrb1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1736  Edited By mrb1p
DreadValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1737  Edited By DreadValor

@mrb1p: Wow, thank you. Your posts have aided me in the process of considering these characters, certainly.

Oboga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellblazing: No. I agree that Superman will win this fight more often than not (due to superior, well, pretty much anything except healing factor and eventually strength), but what if its a depowered Superman (from red sun radiation or something) vs Hulk? does Supes win there? Obviously not!

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

some of the advantages supes has over hulk is too noticeable

mrb1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oboga: Healing factor, morals, striking power, overall strength and durability.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And so the battle rages on... still... after this topic has died more times than the X-men and Dean Winchester combined...

Superman still wins btw

Oboga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrb1p: ok... I'm sorry but what's this a list of?

Healing Factor - Hulk (obviously)

Morals - How is this a comparable stat? Is that what this was supposed to be?

Striking Power - IDK

Overall Strength - Supes initially, but eventually Hulk

Durability - Supes

mrb1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oboga: Superman WILL hold back on every occasion. Superman has greater "morales" than Hulk, thus it benefits the Hulk.

Hulk is stronger than Supes, no contest and Superman can't tank a planet busting hit like Hulk can.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. He's faster and is strong enough to put Hulk down for a majority.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadvalor: Thor has stronger feats of strength showings than The Hulk so him KOing Hulk isnt a low showing for Hulk, its a realistic one...

HellBlazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellblazing: Superman lifted the weight of the planet (similar in the way he is shown towing planets) for 5 days; 6 sextillion tons for 5 days, then he was exhausted.

At the conclusion of planet Hulk, a restrained step from the Hulk shifted at least one tectonic plate. If the Earth weighs 6 sextillion tons and a tectonic plate is 1-2 twelfths of the Earth's total mass, then the Hulk moved .5-1 sextillion tons with a single restrained step. What would have happened if he gave the planet a good stomp at that time? No character in comics has shown the ability, with strength alone, to destroy a planet by basically flexing their muscles.

Later we see a depiction of the Hulk and Red She-Hulk engaged in battle; they were in a realm where you could wish people back from the dead; so, the Hulk decided that he no longer had to contain his strength, he and Red She-Hulk clashed and the result was catastrophic: the impact released a shock wave which completely disintegrated several highly durable characters (the Windigo and several like him).

Do to the illustration which clearly depicted the Hulk's brightness and energy (released by anger) in prominence when compared to Red She-Hulk's energy, you can tell that the artist was showing that the Hulk released the bulk of the energy used to eradicate the planet; this illustration, when pared with the later panel which shows that the Hulk survived the planet's destruction with no apparent damage sustained, clearly shows that the Hulk released and survived releasing planet busting energy (with little to no ill side effects).

The Hulk's anger prior to destroying the planet, was not equal to the level of anger achieved at the climax of the World War Hulk event, I'd say that it was far less; the illustration did not show the tectonic plates of the planet shift under his feet, which means that the Hulk was shown destroying a planet at a comparatively low level of anger to that achieved in the prior depiction (he learned that a close friend was responsible for his wife's death [he also thought his son was dead]).

Superman destroyed a planet as well: the dark planet; during this instance of planet busting, Superman had to build up momentum from a seemingly great distance. Gradually he reached a speed "just under" the speed of light; this technique was similar to that which the Flash uses for his "infinite mass punch". Thus, this instance was more of a testament to the writers portrayal of Superman's durability than his strength (both are connected).

In spite of his great durability, Superman was rendered unconscious after accomplishing this highly technical (comic) feat; I do not recall Superman ever being shown destroying a planet in one singular motion, without the assistance of another being or a plot-induced technique; therefore, it seems that DC depicts Superman consistently below the above depictions of the Hulk's purely strength related feats.

Conclusion, none of these feats matter in the end; it all depends on how the writer (s) of the particular story (Hulk vs. Superman) was feeling that day. This battle could end due to either an unusually powerful Superman (Hulk) or an unusually weak Hulk (Superman).

Nowhere during the comic does it state that Superman is exhausted after the sextillion feat. In fact the opposite is true. The writer showed that Superman not only has strength but also stamina to keep it at that level for DAYS. In fact in a more recent issue Superman goes out into deep space essentially in a somewhat weakened state, flowing nonstop, surviving a black hole and destroying several rings in Jupiter as well as staying off an invasion from brainiac practically single handily at that point. This was under the tutelage of Pak who has given Hulk some of his more impressive feats and even HE writes Superman on a HIGHER caliber than Hulk. What is stated is that he broke a sweat and that he had been gone away from the sun while doing this feat making it more impressive even. No indication of him being exhausted in the least. Afterwards he goes up into the sun and does not even wait to restore his powers to their prime. He goes and fights a kryptonian dragon and tanks several of its hits and oneshots it technically.

The feats DO matter. The fact of the matter is that Superman is a hell of a lot more consistent than Hulk and his many incarnations who differ from writer to writer by a larger margin. He is consistently several times faster and stronger whereas the Hulk relies heavier on how the writer wants him to be.

You bring up the instance where Supes was koed during his planet busting feat. However Hulk was killed during his further marking the obvious discrepancy in this fight. Getting KOed from a planet exploding is nothing short of miraculous when compared to actually dying from it.

This battle always ends with Superman flooring Hulk because he is simply better than him in every aspect. The advantages are simply too tipped to Clark's favor and they are worsened by the fact that Superman can keep up with the Hulk at any level that he needs to and has the feats to suggest it.

Sure you could bring up that the Hulk can increment his powers through anger, but the same is true for Kal and his moral meter. Superman increases the level of his damage output depending on what the situation demands. Superman has shown that he can very well keep up with Hulk's high end feats and surpass them. Coupled along with the fact that he is simply more versatile and faster than him makes this completely onesided affair. You are forgetting about the options Superman has to simply end the battle in lobotomy. Certainly he can simply pacify the beast by cutting out the Hulk's ability to feel emotion in his brain in the same manner he did to Manchester. He can also affect gamma radiation with his own with could lead to any wondrous result in his favor. Now more recently he can simply freeze him solid in the same manner he did to an army of ghosts. Too many tools in his shed.

This all really depends on how fast Clark wants to end the battle and on how merciful.

@oboga said:

@hellblazing: No. I agree that Superman will win this fight more often than not (due to superior, well, pretty much anything except healing factor and eventually strength), but what if its a depowered Superman (from red sun radiation or something) vs Hulk? does Supes win there? Obviously not!

Except Superman has a better healing factor than the Hulk as well. It just does not get spotlighted as a gimmick. He certainly healed rapidly if not instantly after two planets crashed into him. He also healed rapidly from being stabbed with an atom cutting weapon straight through the heart as well as surviving being impaled several times by an army of magical undead from which he recovered almost instantly.

@mrb1p said:

@oboga: Superman WILL hold back on every occasion. Superman has greater "morales" than Hulk, thus it benefits the Hulk.

Hulk is stronger than Supes, no contest and Superman can't tank a planet busting hit like Hulk can.

LOL. What? Superman has held back against stronger opponents and won. Superman has the habit of BFRing you as a mercy win. There is little to nothing Hulk can do to prevent himself from being thrown off into space in the same manner Supes did Lobo and several other villains well in Hulk's league (and with greater reaction timing than him).

How is Hulk stronger than Supes? Hulk DIED when he blew up his planet. Superman simply dosed off for a little while then came to right after without any discernible damage.

Oboga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1747  Edited By Oboga

@hellblazing: Didn't it take Superman a while to recover from having his throat cut by WW before she killed Maxwell Lord?That could just be a low showing though.

Hulk's Healing Factor in Action
Hulk's Healing Factor in Action

@mrb1p: Thanks for explaining what you meant by morals, and that's a good point. However your second point is totally wrong as hellblazing pointed out. Plus, that'd be durability not strength.

HellBlazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oboga said:

@hellblazing: Didn't it take Superman a while to recover from having his throat cut by WW before she killed Maxwell Lord?That could just be a low showing though.

Hulk's Healing Factor in Actiong
Hulk's Healing Factor in Actiong

@mrb1p: Thanks for explaining what you meant by morals, and that's a good point. However your second point is totally wrong as hellblazing pointed out. Plus, that'd be durability not strength.

That is an impressive showing. But would proof ineffective in a fight against Superman.

Relatively speaking it was rapid seeing as he was cut by a magic weapon and that he should have probably died at that point. However more consistently than not as I mentioned earlier he has healed from similar and even more severe injuries than that in the past. Superman simply just has a longer history of far more impressive feats with enough consistency to tell us that he will probably act that way whereas Hulk has a more skewed history where he looks like the MAN but then other times he doesn't. But even IF we only take all of Hulk's high end feats to put him up against Superman's lower end feats, he still losses by a good margin.

darthmaul1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhulk8642: wrong,superman would use the ultimate move he uses

In injustice gods among us to beat hulk into outer space and hit hulk back

Oboga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellblazing: I agree that Superman wins, I was just saying that in most cases, Hulk's healing factor is > Superman's healing factor