This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Derwaish (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I just joined this place and was going through the forums where people were talking about battles, e.g. panther vs. wolverine etc. And I was wondering, considering the fact that Hulk is more or less invincible and superhuman strength, and our very own Superman who is immortal (until kryptonite comes into the picture, but Hulk when mad can't really think of that), with superhuman strength. If these two were to be locked in battle, what would happen??

#2 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

They would both suck. Eternally.

Edit: Then Gambit would arrive and suck some more.
Post Edited:2007-05-24 10:06:34

#3 Posted by Bane_delete (804 posts) - - Show Bio

NiteFly says:

"They would both suck. Eternally.Edit: Then Gambit would arrive and suck some more.
Post Edited:2007-05-24 10:06:34"

Then nitefly would come and it would suck even more!

#4 Posted by Derwaish (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I was really hoping that people or characters would stop "sucking" and actually get something done for a change :P

#5 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, just tired of hearing about Huk, Superman, Gambit, etc on the forums. I wish people would come up with interesting characters to talk about for a change.

#6 Posted by Crunchtime (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Here...

#7 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Derwaish says:

"I just joined this place and was going through the forums where people were talking about battles, e.g. panther vs. wolverine etc. And I was wondering, considering the fact that Hulk is more or less invincible and superhuman strength, and our very own Superman who is immortal (until kryptonite comes into the picture, but Hulk when mad can't really think of that), with superhuman strength. If these two were to be locked in battle, what would happen??"

it all depends dude, superman is much faster and a little stronger than the regular hulk, but as the hulk gets angerior the stronger he becomes, right now superman can bench and lift far beyond 100 tons while hulk at a regular green stage can bench or lift a max of 90 tons (which however does change) depending on how pissed off he is, so what i'm trying to say is if superman really wanted the hulk down (so hulk couldn't hurt anyone) and went full force at him a few of his hardest hits could easily knock out the hulk, but, if he fools around and takes it easy on the green giant, hulk will reach a point where he will eventually become stronger than superman and would eventually beat superman.

but in a regular all out brawl i'd have to deffenitly say superman would win hands down, not just because initially he's stronger but because he's also faster, has many different powers to use, and the most obvious thing is that he's still in his right state of mind so he could out thing the hulk.(maybe not the new hulk though)

#8 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Crunchtime says:

"Here...
" />http://superherouniverse.com/superheroes/marvel/images/hulk/hulksupes.jpg"

you guys do have to know that when DC and Marvel have their characters fighting each other their always a little bias, since niether side wants their character to lose, but in all the past encounters betwee hulk and supes, superman has come out the victor.

#9 Posted by Crunchtime (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah-hah! I've had an idea. Superman uses his X-Ray vision and tells Hulk that he can see his underwear. Hulk becomes embarassed instead of angry and changes back into Bruce Banner. Superman then melts the doctor with his laser vision and END FIGHT!!!

Not really a serious opinion on this, but still...

#10 Posted by Derwaish (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that makes sense for a change! Although, if Superman has pinned down Hulk, he is probably getting more angry.. which means... Hulk is back on top. Now the crazy thing is, that the more Superman would beat up Hulk, the more angry he would get and getting more stronger in turn. Whereas, Superman is the man of steel... and thats how he will ever stay. He doesn't really increase in strength. He would be as good as he was before 15 minutes of beating. But the Hulk.. the Hulk would just keep getting stronger.

What do you think?

#11 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

lol, i guess thats one of doing it.(the easy way)

#12 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

The more Superman beats on the Hulk, the angrier he gets? He'd be dead. Superman would knock his head of his shoulders before he could get mad enough to do jack. The picture isnt meant to prove my point, I just thought a visual would add something.

#13 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

NiteFly says:

"Sorry, just tired of hearing about Huk, Superman, Gambit, etc on the forums. I wish people would come up with interesting characters to talk about for a change."
I got a Sandman and Clayface one but noone is responding so people must like the Hulk, etc ones.
#14 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Derwaish says:

"Now that makes sense for a change! Although, if Superman has pinned down Hulk, he is probably getting more angry.. which means... Hulk is back on top. Now the crazy thing is, that the more Superman would beat up Hulk, the more angry he would get and getting more stronger in turn. Whereas, Superman is the man of steel... and thats how he will ever stay. He doesn't really increase in strength. He would be as good as he was before 15 minutes of beating. But the Hulk.. the Hulk would just keep getting stronger. What do you think?"

thats a pretty good point, but if you've ever read a comic book where they pit these two characters to fight one another superman always comes on top(sometimes just barely) because he knocked out the hulk early on in the battle with full force(which is something superman rarly does since he's so powerfull and does not want to kill anyone), and as for superman not getting stronger though, i'd have to say thats not true,as supermans powers are solar based and so if he gets closer to the sun the more solar energy he absorbs and so the stronger he becomes, if you haven't already you should read a few issues of the new all star superman where supes absorbs so much energy which made him ten times stronger than before, and he became immune to kryptonite, for a short while.

#15 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

howlettjames says:

"Derwaish says:
"Now that makes sense for a change! Although, if Superman has pinned down Hulk, he is probably getting more angry.. which means... Hulk is back on top. Now the crazy thing is, that the more Superman would beat up Hulk, the more angry he would get and getting more stronger in turn. Whereas, Superman is the man of steel... and thats how he will ever stay. He doesn't really increase in strength. He would be as good as he was before 15 minutes of beating. But the Hulk.. the Hulk would just keep getting stronger. What do you think?"
thats a pretty good point, but if you've ever read a comic book where they pit these two characters to fight one another superman always comes on top(sometimes just barely) because he knocked out the hulk early on in the battle with full force(which is something superman rarly does since he's so powerfull and does not want to kill anyone), and as for superman not getting stronger though, i'd have to say thats not true,as supermans powers are solar based and so if he gets closer to the sun the more solar energy he absorbs and so the stronger he becomes, if you haven't already you should read a few issues of the new all star superman where supes absorbs so much energy which made him ten times stronger than before, and he became immune to kryptonite, for a short while."

Exactly

#16 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap, I must be stuck in an Elseworld! Gambler and howlettjames are agreeing with one another, and no curse words or racial epithets have been slung yet.

The day is looking up.

#17 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

I just really like that picture. Ok so for this fight. This is just judging it off of past fights that they had. Marvel vs DC yeah it was vote based but the writers made it as realistic as possible, making the fights believible. So, we look at this fight and Superman as the victor. But Superman stated himself that Hulk took everything Superman had and almost stood up to it. That still seems like Superman would win until you look at the fact that this is the weakest form of Hulk that he fought. So just by that it makes it seem like Hulk would win in any other form. Past fights before that. From the first one I believe Hulk had something in his ear bugging him. They both smacked each other around for a little bit until Superman removed the thing from his ear and Hulk calmed down and they stopped fighting. Then I beileve there is a follow up comic to that where they fight again but from my understanding Hulk wins but then they team up to stop Lex Luthor. So just looking at their past fights I would say in most cases Hulk would win.

#18 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"Holy crap, I must be stuck in an Elseworld! Gambler and howlettjames are agreeing with one another, and no curse words or racial epithets have been slung yet. The day is looking up."

See, I told Methos and Mags that we dont need peace makers, as sometimes mature adults can work things out for themselves.

#19 Posted by Derwaish (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't think Superman could take Hulk's head off with all the strength that he had. Of course Superman would get stronger when he comes closer to the sun, but Hulk can't really fly.. he can jump high but can't fly. So getting really close to the sun in a battle is out of the question.

Whereas Superman owning every single foe he has ever met would be like a prejudice. I think they are very equally matched. And I also still stand by the fact that Superman would defiantly do some serious initial damage, but as the Hulk would get angrier, Hulk would be on top. But then again.. is this like a battle of two immortals locked in time?

#20 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"Holy crap, I must be stuck in an Elseworld! Gambler and howlettjames are agreeing with one another, and no curse words or racial epithets have been slung yet. The day is looking up."

yea well i already apologized for that incident yesterday.

and as for your comments superfire, no hulk would not win in most cases, infact he would lose, the only reason DC and Marvel made it seem like a close fight is very simple, hulk and superman are the strongest in their own universe(DC/Marvel) so ofcourse niether side would want their heros to lose to the other side. again just pay attention to the facts right off the bat superman is much stonger than hulk, then there is the matter of his powers, superman is faster than a speeding bullet, which makes much faster than the hulk, then there is his heat vision(plus his cold/super breath which prob won't have much effect on the hulk) which should easily penetrate hulks skin(when he's still in his weaker stage) if used full force, just like in the superman/batman issue where superman took out maybe about a 100 doomsday clones with one blast. besides that if supes can shatter a freakin star with one blow, as he stated himself in one of the action comics issues(its a superman comic book) where he was fighting Black Adam, and last of all with a hard enough hit superman could send the hulk flying out earth atmosphere and in vacuum of space a)the hulk can't hold his breath like supes, b)supes can still fly out there and just either suffocate hulk or just throw him into the sun.

dude i'm just asking, please use logic, not just say the freakin hulk would win because you have a fetish for the color green(or maybe the hulk), i still do agree though that if hulk gets angry enough he would eventually beat superman even if superman is faster , because hulk would eventually become unctrollable and kill superman and everyone else on earth, but ofcourse superman would never allow that and take the green giant out early on in the battle.

#21 Posted by Derwaish (8 posts) - - Show Bio

So.. if at all Superman had to take out Hulk, it would be in the first 5 minutes .. or die. Do we all agree on that?

#22 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

howlettjames says:

"Prodigious Man says:
yea well i already apologized for that incident yesterday. and as for your comments superfire, no hulk would not win in most cases, infact he would lose, the only reason DC and Marvel made it seem like a close fight is very simple, hulk and superman are the strongest in their own universe(DC/Marvel) so ofcourse niether side would want their heros to lose to the other side. again just pay attention to the facts right off the bat superman is much stonger than hulk, then there is the matter of his powers, superman is faster than a speeding bullet, which makes much faster than the hulk, then there is his heat vision(plus his cold/super breath which prob won't have much effect on the hulk) which should easily penetrate hulks skin(when he's still in his weaker stage) if used full force, just like in the superman/batman issue where superman took out maybe about a 100 doomsday clones with one blast. besides that if supes can shatter a freakin star with one blow, as he stated himself in one of the action comics issues(its a superman comic book) where he was fighting Black Adam, and last of all with a hard enough hit superman could send the hulk flying out earth atmosphere and in vacuum of space a)the hulk can't hold his breath like supes, b)supes can still fly out there and just either suffocate hulk or just throw him into the sun. dude i'm just asking, please use logic, not just say the freakin hulk would win because you have a fetish for the color green(or maybe the hulk), i still do agree though that if hulk gets angry enough he would eventually beat superman even if superman is faster , because hulk would eventually become unctrollable and kill superman and everyone else on earth, but ofcourse superman would never allow that and take the green giant out early on in the battle."
Umm, if you read my post I said basing it off their past fights. So I was just looking at the past fights and just from those Hulk would win in most cases. Why do alot of people say Hulk has to build up anger over time. I think after the 1st punch he would be pretty freakin pissed and that would make it a level playing field just from that. After that Hulk is going to start over powering him. I mean Hulk has done some things that are really impressive. Holding up the 150 billion ton mountain for awhile and shattering an astroid that was twice the size of Earth in a single punch. I realize that neither comic wants their character to lose when they wrote the fights but they wrote them to be believible and weakest for Hulk acted like Superman's heat vision at full force acording to Superman didn't even effect him. And in recently Hulk has withstood Black Bolts voice which I don't think any or very few have been able to do, even his whisper. The speed thing is Superman's only edge in this fight, but Hulk will just builded up anger that much faster and over power him.EDIT: I would like to note that I am not a huge Hulk fan either. I think he is pretty cool but I understand when he is defeated and when he can win.
Post Edited:2007-05-24 14:18:41
#23 Posted by Derwaish (8 posts) - - Show Bio

So wait a second.. what we are really battling over here are two comic corporations and not comic characters? So it all really depends who has a better sponsor? And if I had Bill Gates as my sponsor I could probably own both of them blindfolded and with one hand tied behind my back every single day of the week and twice on Sundays????

#24 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Derwaish says:

"So.. if at all Superman had to take out Hulk, it would be in the first 5 minutes .. or die. Do we all agree on that?"

pretty much yea, but if he does fail in that time, and supes starts gettin his ass handed to him than he can simply fly off away into space and recharge his battery and come back with more power than before, and then he'll succeed.

#25 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

howlettjames says:

"Derwaish says:
"So.. if at all Superman had to take out Hulk, it would be in the first 5 minutes .. or die. Do we all agree on that?"
pretty much yea, but if he does fail in that time, and supes starts gettin his ass handed to him than he can simply fly off away into space and recharge his battery and come back with more power than before, and then he'll succeed."
I think the time frame is less the 5 minutes but basicly yeah if Superman wants to win he has to do it before he builds up any sort of Anger or he might as well just give up.
#26 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Superfire says:

"howlettjames says:
"Prodigious Man says:
yea well i already apologized for that incident yesterday. and as for your comments superfire, no hulk would not win in most cases, infact he would lose, the only reason DC and Marvel made it seem like a close fight is very simple, hulk and superman are the strongest in their own universe(DC/Marvel) so ofcourse niether side would want their heros to lose to the other side. again just pay attention to the facts right off the bat superman is much stonger than hulk, then there is the matter of his powers, superman is faster than a speeding bullet, which makes much faster than the hulk, then there is his heat vision(plus his cold/super breath which prob won't have much effect on the hulk) which should easily penetrate hulks skin(when he's still in his weaker stage) if used full force, just like in the superman/batman issue where superman took out maybe about a 100 doomsday clones with one blast. besides that if supes can shatter a freakin star with one blow, as he stated himself in one of the action comics issues(its a superman comic book) where he was fighting Black Adam, and last of all with a hard enough hit superman could send the hulk flying out earth atmosphere and in vacuum of space a)the hulk can't hold his breath like supes, b)supes can still fly out there and just either suffocate hulk or just throw him into the sun. dude i'm just asking, please use logic, not just say the freakin hulk would win because you have a fetish for the color green(or maybe the hulk), i still do agree though that if hulk gets angry enough he would eventually beat superman even if superman is faster , because hulk would eventually become unctrollable and kill superman and everyone else on earth, but ofcourse superman would never allow that and take the green giant out early on in the battle."
Umm, if you read my post I said basing it off their past fights. So I was just looking at the past fights and just from those Hulk would win in most cases. Why do alot of people say Hulk has to build up anger over time. I think after the 1st punch he would be pretty freakin pissed and that would make it a level playing field just from that. After that Hulk is going to start over powering him. I mean Hulk has done some things that are really impressive. Holding up the 150 billion ton mountain for awhile and shattering an astroid that was twice the size of Earth in a single punch. I realize that neither comic wants their character to lose when they wrote the fights but they wrote them to be believible and weakest for Hulk acted like Superman's heat vision at full force acording to Superman didn't even effect him. And in recently Hulk has withstood Black Bolts voice which I don't think any or very few have been able to do, even his whisper. The speed thing is Superman's only edge in this fight, but Hulk will just builded up anger that much faster and over power him. EDIT: I would like to note that I am not a huge Hulk fan either. I think he is pretty cool but I understand when he is defeated and when he can win.
Post Edited:2007-05-24 14:18:41"

budd you must not be very familier with the marvel universe but hell even ironman back in the days knocked out hulk with full force of his well whatever it is he's got in that armor(plasma or somthin like that)

but either way u might have a point about the new hulk(he's f#$king awsome), so depending on which hulk superman fights the degree of difficulty would either increase or decrease.

and as for the speed, for christs sake, what do you think would happen if you fought someone whos just as strong as you and then some, with the difference that the guy can run circles around you both on the ground and in the air. and as for you no being a hulk fan, well i am, but i still know when he can be defeated. p.s. i'm really looking forward to hulk smashing the black bolt.

#27 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Derwaish says:

"So wait a second.. what we are really battling over here are two comic corporations and not comic characters? So it all really depends who has a better sponsor? And if I had Bill Gates as my sponsor I could probably own both of them blindfolded and with one hand tied behind my back every single day of the week and twice on Sundays????"

lol, pretty much thats the whole point if your looking at the past battles between two power houses, in the past before they had their heroes fighting each other, they had voting and oppinion poles and whoever earned the most points would win a battle.

#28 Posted by Boken (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

superman

#29 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman could just use his speed, grab the Hulk and toss his purple pants wearing ass into space, or he could use his heat vision and drill to holes in his forehead and lobotomize him. Superman wins this fight 10 outta 10 times.

#30 Posted by Boken (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

amen, sup gambler.

#31 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

howlettjames says:

"Superfire says:
"howlettjames says:
"Prodigious Man says:
Umm, if you read my post I said basing it off their past fights. So I was just looking at the past fights and just from those Hulk would win in most cases. Why do alot of people say Hulk has to build up anger over time. I think after the 1st punch he would be pretty freakin pissed and that would make it a level playing field just from that. After that Hulk is going to start over powering him. I mean Hulk has done some things that are really impressive. Holding up the 150 billion ton mountain for awhile and shattering an astroid that was twice the size of Earth in a single punch. I realize that neither comic wants their character to lose when they wrote the fights but they wrote them to be believible and weakest for Hulk acted like Superman's heat vision at full force acording to Superman didn't even effect him. And in recently Hulk has withstood Black Bolts voice which I don't think any or very few have been able to do, even his whisper. The speed thing is Superman's only edge in this fight, but Hulk will just builded up anger that much faster and over power him. EDIT: I would like to note that I am not a huge Hulk fan either. I think he is pretty cool but I understand when he is defeated and when he can win.
budd you must not be very familier with the marvel universe but hell even ironman back in the days knocked out hulk with full force of his well whatever it is he's got in that armor(plasma or somthin like that) but either way u might have a point about the new hulk(he's f#$king awsome), so depending on which hulk superman fights the degree of difficulty would either increase or decrease. and as for the speed, for christs sake, what do you think would happen if you fought someone whos just as strong as you and then some, with the difference that the guy can run circles around you both on the ground and in the air. and as for you no being a hulk fan, well i am, but i still know when he can be defeated. p.s. i'm really looking forward to hulk smashing the black bolt. "
I know in the past Hulk has been beaten by people such as Iron Man. But then he has beat Surfer and Thor. As for Speed like I said that would just make Hulk get angrier faster. And eventually Hulk could get so mad that Supes punches don't effect him. I am not saying it would be easy for either of them but in most cases I don't see Superman being able to take out the Hulk fast enough before Hulk becomes too strong.
#32 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Superfire says:

"howlettjames says:
"Superfire says:
"howlettjames says:
"Prodigious Man says:
budd you must not be very familier with the marvel universe but hell even ironman back in the days knocked out hulk with full force of his well whatever it is he's got in that armor(plasma or somthin like that) but either way u might have a point about the new hulk(he's f#$king awsome), so depending on which hulk superman fights the degree of difficulty would either increase or decrease. and as for the speed, for christs sake, what do you think would happen if you fought someone whos just as strong as you and then some, with the difference that the guy can run circles around you both on the ground and in the air. and as for you no being a hulk fan, well i am, but i still know when he can be defeated. p.s. i'm really looking forward to hulk smashing the black bolt. "
I know in the past Hulk has been beaten by people such as Iron Man. But then he has beat Surfer and Thor. As for Speed like I said that would just make Hulk get angrier faster. And eventually Hulk could get so mad that Supes punches don't effect him. I am not saying it would be easy for either of them but in most cases I don't see Superman being able to take out the Hulk fast enough before Hulk becomes too strong. "
i'd hate to bring this up but so has superman, well at least thor anyways i don't know if hes fought the surfer. and yes he has taken out the hulk in the past, before the hulk has a chance to recover, but the point is the writers want to make the fight seem close, even though supes would easily take out the hulk with speed and superior strenght right off the bat, but in the two major events between Marvel/DC they didn't use supermans speed as an advatage, either way in both cases superman kicked the you know what out of hulk.
Post Edited:2007-05-24 14:45:29
#33 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

boken says:

"amen, sup gambler."

Sup man, where you been hide'in out at

#34 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

He hasn't faught Sufer and I hate the Thor thing. It doesn't make any since at all. Superman is vunerable to magic. Always has been but Thor's magic hammer didn't seem to be magic at all then the faught. Thor should have wasted him with the first couple hits of that hammer. But be sides that Thor almost beat Superman in that fight.

#35 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Superman could just use his speed, grab the Hulk and toss his purple pants wearing ass into space, or he could use his heat vision and drill to holes in his forehead and lobotomize him. Superman wins this fight 10 outta 10 times."
Space thing is an option though I find it hard to believe that he would beable to grab Hulk. I mean he is a raging monster and that would be kind of hard. The heat vision was already shown having no effect on Hulk in Hulk's weakest form.
#36 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats only cause the writers cant have Supes burn up the Hulk in the first minute of the fight, with Supes speed he could grab and toss the Hulk before he even knew what was happening

#37 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

either way the point is supes would kick you know what out of the hulk, just by using superior strength and speed,(unless someone close to the hulk is killed like betty ross, then hulk might turn to super-hulk) which by the way in the past two major Marvel/DC events when these two fought the retarted writers didn't use supes speed as an advatage for him, but he still won both fights. i mean think about it your fighting with some other guy you both are fairly equal in strenth and might end up killing each but then you realize you have a f#$king gun(reffering to supermans speed) so you draw out your gun and blow out his brains, and thats the analogy i've come up with for the fight between supes and hulk. and as for the hulk becoming faster, thats simply not true, he just gains more involnrobility and strength and becomes even less human, take it from someone whos a hardcore hulk fan (heck even the new hulk is like that, when he almost killed one of his close allies when he totally blacked out, then that rock thingy stop him)

#38 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

If that was true about the writers thing then why even bring in the heat vision at all? They didn't have to yet they clearly had superman point out it was full force heat vision and hulk acted like it had no effect. I didn't say the space thing is possible but I don't know how much in character that is or how well he would pull that off anyways. I mean hulk is going to be going all crazy and he super speed himself. Not as fast as Superman but fast.

#39 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Superfire says:

"Gambler says:
"Superman could just use his speed, grab the Hulk and toss his purple pants wearing ass into space, or he could use his heat vision and drill to holes in his forehead and lobotomize him. Superman wins this fight 10 outta 10 times."
Space thing is an option though I find it hard to believe that he would beable to grab Hulk. I mean he is a raging monster and that would be kind of hard. The heat vision was already shown having no effect on Hulk in Hulk's weakest form. "

and no that was not hulks weakest form, hulk had been building up strength for awhile then and when superman finally knocked him out, he made a comment that the hulk had gotten much stronger since the first few minutes thats why he had to end it quick, so basically he was just playing around, again only because superman values human life above all else, and has placed mental blocks on himself so he can't reach those higher levels of strength until needed, but believe me superman was also holding back, even though they had him saying somthing stupid like,"that took everything i had",cause thats just bullshit, the writers get all the characters to say somthing cheesy like that after they beat someone from a different universe in a versus match, supes didn't even use his other abilities properly, like speed, or just burning hulks eye ball with his heat vision. as for the thor thing, i like thor too but he's no superman, if you've been reading any issues of ultimate power hyprion(a character similar to superman in every way, except no known weaknesses) easily outmatched some of the best marvel characters including thor, where he just used his superspeed and grabed Mjolnir(thors hammer) out of his hand and pretty much smashed thors head open with it.

#40 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Thats only cause the writers cant have Supes burn up the Hulk in the first minute of the fight, with Supes speed he could grab and toss the Hulk before he even knew what was happening"

that is exatcly what i've been trying to say(except it took me much more writing to bring out my point)

well said.

#41 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

howlettjames says:

"Superfire says:
"Gambler says:
Space thing is an option though I find it hard to believe that he would beable to grab Hulk. I mean he is a raging monster and that would be kind of hard. The heat vision was already shown having no effect on Hulk in Hulk's weakest form. "
and no that was not hulks weakest form, hulk had been building up strength for awhile then and when superman finally knocked him out, he made a comment that the hulk had gotten much stronger since the first few minutes thats why he had to end it quick, so basically he was just playing around, again only because superman values human life above all else, and has placed mental blocks on himself so he can't reach those higher levels of strength until needed, but believe me superman was also holding back, even though they had him saying somthing stupid like,"that took everything i had",cause thats just bullshit, the writers get all the characters to say somthing cheesy like that after they beat someone from a different universe in a versus match, supes didn't even use his other abilities properly, like speed, or just burning hulks eye ball with his heat vision. as for the thor thing, i like thor too but he's no superman, if you've been reading any issues of ultimate power hyprion(a character similar to superman in every way, except no known weaknesses) easily outmatched some of the best marvel characters including thor, where he just used his superspeed and grabed Mjolnir(thors hammer) out of his hand and pretty much smashed thors head open with it."
Ultimate Power is the Ultimate Universe not regular thor. SO that doesn't count for the main Marvel Universe. Thor is a magical being and has a magical weapon and Superman would be vunerable to any attack Thor made but they compeltely ignored that. As for the weakest form, when did someone make that comment? I don't remember becuase that was Smart Hulk. The worst of all the Hulk forms becuase he doesn't get stronger through anger. He was at a set level of strength so he couldn't have been getting stronger and he resist it no problem.
#42 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

At their starting power levels (at the beginning of any fight) Superman is power powerful in every measuable sense by leaps and bounds.

Supes could end the fight in 0.02 seconds. Hulk's ashes would be spread over the Nevada desert as Banner would have wanted.

#43 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Superfire says:

"howlettjames says:
"Superfire says:
"Gambler says:
and no that was not hulks weakest form, hulk had been building up strength for awhile then and when superman finally knocked him out, he made a comment that the hulk had gotten much stronger since the first few minutes thats why he had to end it quick, so basically he was just playing around, again only because superman values human life above all else, and has placed mental blocks on himself so he can't reach those higher levels of strength until needed, but believe me superman was also holding back, even though they had him saying somthing stupid like,"that took everything i had",cause thats just bullshit, the writers get all the characters to say somthing cheesy like that after they beat someone from a different universe in a versus match, supes didn't even use his other abilities properly, like speed, or just burning hulks eye ball with his heat vision. as for the thor thing, i like thor too but he's no superman, if you've been reading any issues of ultimate power hyprion(a character similar to superman in every way, except no known weaknesses) easily outmatched some of the best marvel characters including thor, where he just used his superspeed and grabed Mjolnir(thors hammer) out of his hand and pretty much smashed thors head open with it."
Ultimate Power is the Ultimate Universe not regular thor. SO that doesn't count for the main Marvel Universe. Thor is a magical being and has a magical weapon and Superman would be vunerable to any attack Thor made but they compeltely ignored that. As for the weakest form, when did someone make that comment? I don't remember becuase that was Smart Hulk. The worst of all the Hulk forms becuase he doesn't get stronger through anger. He was at a set level of strength so he couldn't have been getting stronger and he resist it no problem. "

dude your obviosly not really paying any attention, just because some magic can affect supes it doesn't mean all magic can, especially magic from another universe, i mean superman has plenty of run in's with magical beings and such, most famous captain bloody marvel whos basically the gate keeper of magic and his very power comes from all the olympion gods and superman has bested him in comics, cartoons, and movies, so if he can take marvel he sure as hell can take hulk. and last, only one of the two major times they encountered was the hulk smart, the second time it was the savage hulk.

it seems your a hulk and thor fan so i guess your lookin forward to the return of both hulk and thor to marvel again.

#44 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

we just had this thread and it was unanimous that the hulk would win quite easily. i was surprised but many people like buckshot and purience insisted that would be the outcome :)

#45 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Not saying this proves/disproves anything. Just found it and thought I would post it for your discussion.

#46 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"we just had this thread and it was unanimous that the hulk would win quite easily. i was surprised but many people like buckshot and purience insisted that would be the outcome :) "

I did? I don't remember saying that. Funny.

#47 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

howlettjames says:

"Superfire says:
"howlettjames says:
"Superfire says:
"Gambler says:
Ultimate Power is the Ultimate Universe not regular thor. SO that doesn't count for the main Marvel Universe. Thor is a magical being and has a magical weapon and Superman would be vunerable to any attack Thor made but they compeltely ignored that. As for the weakest form, when did someone make that comment? I don't remember becuase that was Smart Hulk. The worst of all the Hulk forms becuase he doesn't get stronger through anger. He was at a set level of strength so he couldn't have been getting stronger and he resist it no problem. "
dude your obviosly not really paying any attention, just because some magic can affect supes it doesn't mean all magic can, especially magic from another universe, i mean superman has plenty of run in's with magical beings and such, most famous captain bloody marvel whos basically the gate keeper of magic and his very power comes from all the olympion gods and superman has bested him in comics, cartoons, and movies, so if he can take marvel he sure as hell can take hulk. and last, only one of the two major times they encountered was the hulk smart, the second time it was the savage hulk. it seems your a hulk and thor fan so i guess your lookin forward to the return of both hulk and thor to marvel again. "
It has been clearly stated that Superman is vunerable to magic. The fact that writers ignore it so he can beat someone bugs me. As for being about to beat Hulk because he beat Cap Marvel. I don't see how that proves a point. I am a marvel fan not a Hulk and Thor fan. My favorite is Spidey.
#48 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

If they wrote it using the powers as they really are Superman would end hulk in around 8 minutes. That's about how long it would take superman to reach the sun at light speed after he swooped down scooped up the hulk and deposited him on the suns surface...HULK DEAD.

#49 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"we just had this thread and it was unanimous that the hulk would win quite easily. i was surprised but many people like buckshot and purience insisted that would be the outcome :) "

Don't put words in my mouth. You mentioned my name and now I have to give my opinion.

Hulk can't seriously stand up to superman. Superman has more than enough strength to rip off hulks head in the very first second of the fight. In fact, his strength is higher than anything hulk has ever shown. When has Hulk held a black hole in his hand? Superman has. When has Hulk resisted th pull of multiple black holes? Superman has, and more than once. When has Hulk lifted eternity? When has he towed the planet or moons behind behind him? Superman has done that too. You guys act like Hulk will reach these levels of strength (which he NEVER has) in a matter of minutes. First of all, it would take more than a few minute, and second, that doesn't matter since he'd be dead in seconds. And this is just going off his base strength. Imagine if he flew up to the sun then came back to fight. Or if he took Hulk to the sun with him (like he's done with several enemies, including Darkseid and Wonder Woman). Then it's not even a contest. And and this is just looking at strength, ONE power. Think of what he can do with his speed. Hulk won't even be able to touch him (and that's asuming he stays on the ground). What about vibrating so fast that he can put his hand inside him and rip things out? Laser vision? Instant lobotomy. He's done it before. He's got other powers that he can do things with, but it realy doesnt matter. Hulk is outclassed in every area. Even on his best day, he doesn't come close to Superman.
Post Edited:2007-05-24 17:13:47

#50 Posted by howlettjames (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"Rotten gun says:
I did? I don't remember saying that. Funny."

lol