"Full power Grundy...obviously."

really not even close ?

#3 Posted by Alex Prime (329 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Alex Prime says:
"Colt Python says:
really not even close ?"
Hulk will only last as long as his body can take the hits.After that he's done.Grundy at full power is a beast!"

well could he take WW hulk ?

#4 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex Prime says:

"Colt Python says:
"Alex Prime says:
"Colt Python says:
really not even close ?"
Hulk will only last as long as his body can take the hits.After that he's done.Grundy at full power is a beast!"

well could he take WW hulk ?"

I'm gonna go with "no". WWH was pretty much shrugging off everything that came at him, and if I'm not mistaken he's smarter and a better fighter than Grundy.

(Grundy's the big gray guy who's fought Superman and/or Batman and lost right?

#5 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Get real. No way any powered Grundy can take the Hulk. Grundy is just strong. Not nearly invulnerable like the Hulk.

#6 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

i think grundy could take hulk,espeacily normal hulk

#7 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"T.J. Magnum says:
"i think grundy could take hulk,espeacily normal hulk"
Grundy at full power went toe to toe with Superman..whom not even World War Hulk could beat..."

that's i said he wins

#8 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"T.J. Magnum says:
"Colt Python says:
"T.J. Magnum says:
"i think grundy could take hulk,espeacily normal hulk"
Grundy at full power went toe to toe with Superman..whom not even World War Hulk could beat..."
that's i said he wins"
I know I as trying to convince the people who still don't believe."

i get you,i just thought you where directing that at me

#9 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Alpha says:
"Get real. No way any powered Grundy can take the Hulk. Grundy is just strong. Not nearly invulnerable like the Hulk. "
Do you know anything about Solomon Grundy?"

Yes! I like the way he talks.

#10 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

And what's a normal Hulk? WWHulk is the normal conclusion of this guy if you piss him off. His strength grows. Its nearly limitless.

Can the same be said for Grundy?

#11 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Alpha says:
"And what's a normal Hulk? WWHulk is the normal conclusion of this guy if you piss him off. His strength grows. Its nearly limitless. Can the same be said for Grundy? "
That is false and you know it.World War Hulk is the equivilent of the Hulk being mad beyond any anger he's ever felt.Hitting Hulk repeatedly will piss him off but if you knock him out or kill him in the process..I don't see how he can get any madder.His power really isn't as limitless as people think.Grundy varies in strength but doesn't get stronger with anger.He reincarnates and everytime he comes back from the dead he's a different level of strength.Sometimes he can contend with Supes..somtimes Batman can hurt him."

C'mon! Red Tornado ripped him in half. He is not invulnerable. Hulk has taken blast from Thor's hammer long before he was WWHulk.

#12 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

he is also can be smarter or dumber with his different reincarnations

#13 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Alpha says:
"And what's a normal Hulk? WWHulk is the normal conclusion of this guy if you piss him off. His strength grows. Its nearly limitless. Can the same be said for Grundy? "
That is false and you know it.World War Hulk is the equivilent of the Hulk being mad beyond any anger he's ever felt.Hitting Hulk repeatedly will piss him off but if you knock him out or kill him in the process..I don't see how he can get any madder.His power really isn't as limitless as people think.Grundy varies in strength but doesn't get stronger with anger.He reincarnates and everytime he comes back from the dead he's a different level of strength.Sometimes he can contend with Supes..somtimes Batman can hurt him."
C'mon! Red Tornado ripped him in half. He is not invulnerable. Hulk has taken blast from Thor's hammer long before he was WWHulk. "
1.Red Tornado didn't fight Grundy at full power. 2.The Hulk was knocked out by Captain America."

Don't bring in bad writing.

Cap knocked out a guy that Thor couldn't, even with blows from his hammer.

Here is some bad writing for you. A normal Hulk onced held up 100 million tons. Secret Wars!

#14 Posted by Porter (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk. His strength increases as he gets madder. His durability is close to that of invulnerability. His healing factor can recover him from any damage taken. His accuracy (being able to take of fast-based people). Outpit of energy (based off anger). Bruce Banner--genius--may be able to help but only to a limited extent. Due to the hulk being the most physically strongest being he has been shown doing "feats that does not make sense to comic book logic keeping apart matter and anti-matter spheres or punching his way through a time storm." Hulk will win because HULK IS STRONGEST THERE IS!

#15 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Porter says:

"Hulk. His strength increases as he gets madder. His durability is close to that of invulnerability. His healing factor can recover him from any damage taken. His accuracy (being able to take of fast-based people). Outpit of energy (based off anger). Bruce Banner--genius--may be able to help but only to a limited extent. Due to the hulk being the most physically strongest being he has been shown doing "feats that does not make sense to comic book logic keeping apart matter and anti-matter spheres or punching his way through a time storm." Hulk will win because HULK IS STRONGEST THERE IS!"

Thank U!

#16 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Porter says:
"Hulk. His strength increases as he gets madder. His durability is close to that of invulnerability. His healing factor can recover him from any damage taken. His accuracy (being able to take of fast-based people). Outpit of energy (based off anger). Bruce Banner--genius--may be able to help but only to a limited extent. Due to the hulk being the most physically strongest being he has been shown doing "feats that does not make sense to comic book logic keeping apart matter and anti-matter spheres or punching his way through a time storm." Hulk will win because HULK IS STRONGEST THERE IS!"
1.Solomon Grundy at FULL POWER..for a millionth time..is stronger than Hulk. 2.Captain America knocked the Hulk out so..all that getting angry crap doesn't matter. 3.Bruce Banner can't help anything out because were not talkin about World War Hulk..were talking about normal Hulk.The guy with the purple pants!"

Saying it over and over "Grundy is stronger" doesn't make it true.

Bad writing with the Cap thing. Did you see my post of Hulk holding up a mountain range (100 million tons).

It comes down to this: The Hulk gets stronger. So unless you are saying a full powered Grundy has the power to smash the Hulk regardless of him getting stronger as the fight progresses.

#17 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Did Grundy lose the fight with Supes? And Supes haven't moved a planet since Byrne revamped him. But I could be wrong.

2) A calm Hulk can lift 70 tons and still has a healing factor. Based on who the characters are (Cap and Hulk) do you really think Cap could knocked him out? Doc Samson brke his hand sucker punching a calm Hulk to knock him out and he can lift 70 tons and is as nearly invulnerable.

#18 Posted by KnightlyVengence (302 posts) - - Show Bio

Saying it over and over "Grundy is stronger" doesn't make it true.

...hehe I do believe in fairies, I do. I do. ...sorry couldn't resist. And I'm with Grundy on this one.

#19 Posted by LegendaryKYJ (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Porter says:
"2.Hulk does get stronger with rage and that's how he lifted those mountains.."

Uhm, he wasn't enraged. He was Banner Hulk. And, MM dropped the mountain range as a surprise attack.
Post Edited:2008-01-08 10:20:53

#20 Posted by Eradicator (306 posts) - - Show Bio

HULK has a better track record, and I think he is more tried and proven. As powerful as Grundy could be, I still do not think he pulls this off, depending on what era Hulk you are talking about ofcourse. If you are considering Banner Hulk up until current Hulk, Grundy loses.

#21 Posted by Cap. Briny (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Alpha says:
C'mon! Red Tornado ripped him in half. He is not invulnerable. Hulk has taken blast from Thor's hammer long before he was WWHulk. "
1.Red Tornado didn't fight Grundy at full power. 2.The Hulk was knocked out by Captain America."
Don't bring in bad writing. Cap knocked out a guy that Thor couldn't, even with blows from his hammer. Here is some bad writing for you. A normal Hulk onced held up 100 million tons. Secret Wars! "
Captain America still knocked him out.And last time I checked Superman once pushed up 200 quintillion tons and move the earth which is in octillions of tons and Grundy contended with him."

I believe it was All Star Superman who pushed 200 quintillion tons, that was right after he went into the sun to save a mission to map its surface. That event gave him a MAJOR upgrade.

Anyway, even though Hulk is SO strong and everything, he WAS knocked out by Caps shield like Colt Python said, this needs to be accepted. However, I sure many things have happened to "normal" Hulk to in a way contradict what Cap's shield did to him; like what Alpha said "Doc Samson brke his hand sucker punching a calm Hulk to knock him out".

I think Hulk could pull through with the win, I mean he fought the Bi-Coastal Avengers (Hercules, Namor, Wonderman, Iron Man) in Incredible Hulk #316 and I'm sure a lot of those guys were hitting him in the head. Anyway I think with Hulk's combined powers he could take out full power Solomon Grundy.

#22 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap knocking out Hulk is atrocious writing. Hulk is the same guy who's almost killed Thor and has taken blows from Mjolnir and shrugged them off.

But anyways, just cause Grundy could fight with Superman doesn't mean he's as powerful. Heck, there have been guys WAY below Supes level of power that have posed threats (I have a Supes comic where he fights.......with a werewolf. And it takes him time).

Savage Hulk, the general incarnation of Hulk, can lift a 100 tons without breaking a sweat. That's when he's calm. When he gets angrier not only does his strength increase, but as does his healing factor (it's stated in Hulk #355 I think. I can't remember the number, but it's the one where Gray Hulk fights with Wolverine).

So, he would get pretty mad I imagine when Grundy punches him in the face. Like, if you get punched in the face for no apparent reason, you'd be ready to beat the crap out of the other guy. But you still have your intelligence to hold you back a little. Hulk doesn't have the common sense, he's a child trapped in a monsters body. Punch a little kid, and he's either going to get really, really mad at you or he's going to cry. And I don't think Hulk's going to cry.

So, as the fights going on, Hulk is getting stronger and stronger and his healing factor is increasing.

If Grundy's at full power and he lost to Supes (Supes usually holds back, and was he going all insane on Grundy with almost light-speed punches and such?) he obviously still has some power, but Hulk will surpass him as the fight goes on, and eventually Grundy's punches won't be doing altogether too much damage.

#23 Posted by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk would beat Grundy

#24 Posted by Knowsbleed33 (628 posts) - - Show Bio

The Grundy that beat Supes unconcious would beat Hulk, no question.

#25 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Sparda says:
"Cap knocking out Hulk is atrocious writing. Hulk is the same guy who's almost killed Thor and has taken blows from Mjolnir and shrugged them off. But anyways, just cause Grundy could fight with Superman doesn't mean he's as powerful. Heck, there have been guys WAY below Supes level of power that have posed threats (I have a Supes comic where he fights.......with a werewolf. And it takes him time). Savage Hulk, the general incarnation of Hulk, can lift a 100 tons without breaking a sweat. That's when he's calm. When he gets angrier not only does his strength increase, but as does his healing factor (it's stated in Hulk #355 I think. I can't remember the number, but it's the one where Gray Hulk fights with Wolverine). So, he would get pretty mad I imagine when Grundy punches him in the face. Like, if you get punched in the face for no apparent reason, you'd be ready to beat the crap out of the other guy. But you still have your intelligence to hold you back a little. Hulk doesn't have the common sense, he's a child trapped in a monsters body. Punch a little kid, and he's either going to get really, really mad at you or he's going to cry. And I don't think Hulk's going to cry. So, as the fights going on, Hulk is getting stronger and stronger and his healing factor is increasing. If Grundy's at full power and he lost to Supes (Supes usually holds back, and was he going all insane on Grundy with almost light-speed punches and such?) he obviously still has some power, but Hulk will surpass him as the fight goes on, and eventually Grundy's punches won't be doing altogether too much damage."
No matter how bad the writing was...it happened.Grundy wins."

Just like Spiderman smacking Supes around because Spidey was hit by Red Sun energy! Or Spiderman beating Wonderwoman. You can only go off of what the character is capable of, not what a writer put down. All in all, Hulk would surpass him.

#26 Posted by Knowsbleed33 (628 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Colt Python says:
"Sparda says:
"Cap knocking out Hulk is atrocious writing. Hulk is the same guy who's almost killed Thor and has taken blows from Mjolnir and shrugged them off. But anyways, just cause Grundy could fight with Superman doesn't mean he's as powerful. Heck, there have been guys WAY below Supes level of power that have posed threats (I have a Supes comic where he fights.......with a werewolf. And it takes him time). Savage Hulk, the general incarnation of Hulk, can lift a 100 tons without breaking a sweat. That's when he's calm. When he gets angrier not only does his strength increase, but as does his healing factor (it's stated in Hulk #355 I think. I can't remember the number, but it's the one where Gray Hulk fights with Wolverine). So, he would get pretty mad I imagine when Grundy punches him in the face. Like, if you get punched in the face for no apparent reason, you'd be ready to beat the crap out of the other guy. But you still have your intelligence to hold you back a little. Hulk doesn't have the common sense, he's a child trapped in a monsters body. Punch a little kid, and he's either going to get really, really mad at you or he's going to cry. And I don't think Hulk's going to cry. So, as the fights going on, Hulk is getting stronger and stronger and his healing factor is increasing. If Grundy's at full power and he lost to Supes (Supes usually holds back, and was he going all insane on Grundy with almost light-speed punches and such?) he obviously still has some power, but Hulk will surpass him as the fight goes on, and eventually Grundy's punches won't be doing altogether too much damage."
Just like Spiderman smacking Supes around because Spidey was hit by Red Sun energy! Or Spiderman beating Wonderwoman. You can only go off of what the character is capable of, not what a writer put down. All in all, Hulk would surpass him. "

How come when I say that no one believes me? I prefer to go buy their powers and abilities myself. It's hard for me to accept how things are written.

#27 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Sparda says:
Just like Spiderman smacking Supes around because Spidey was hit by Red Sun energy! Or Spiderman beating Wonderwoman. You can only go off of what the character is capable of, not what a writer put down. All in all, Hulk would surpass him. "
The fight between Spider-man and Supes or anyone from DC isn't cannon so it doesn't count.Grundy is stronger than normal Hulk..get over it he wins."

Of course! When you say it like that I have to agree!

Not really!

#28 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

This battle ends in some weird grunting homo-erotic wrestling match.

#29 Posted by Blackjuggy (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Alpha says:
Don't bring in bad writing. Cap knocked out a guy that Thor couldn't, even with blows from his hammer. Here is some bad writing for you. A normal Hulk onced held up 100 million tons. Secret Wars! "
Captain America still knocked him out.And last time I checked Superman once pushed up 200 quintillion tons and move the earth which is in octillions of tons and Grundy contended with him."

And Thor held up asgard but no one will say that Thor is as strong as Superman. The way i see it marvel vs. Dc should not have fights anymore cuz the 2 strength scales are different from eachother. They would have to be on a equal scale and technically since hyperion is Superman of Marvel Superman strength would be equivalent to hyperion. And the Superman that moved earth wasn't that a totally different one from the current one.

#30 Posted by Eraser (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Blackjuggy says:

"Colt Python says:
"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Alpha says:
And Thor held up asgard but no one will say that Thor is as strong as Superman. The way i see it marvel vs. Dc should not have fights anymore cuz the 2 strength scales are different from eachother. They would have to be on a equal scale and technically since hyperion is Superman of Marvel Superman strength would be equivalent to hyperion. And the Superman that moved earth wasn't that a totally different one from the current one."
I couldn't agree more, I think the scales are to different. Thor has done some pretty amazing things, he has had moments that could argue him being on Supes level, but...every power house in Marvel is rated by 100 tons. I think that is clearly outdated. If they clarified and had some sort of scale that would show strengths and laws in relation with characters from different orgs, than it would clear alot up. I have always been one who thought that HULK, Thor, Surfer etc..were up there with characters like Supes and the problem was that the scales in relation didn't make any sense. I got my logic by what some of these characters do in the books, not there ratings you see on websites and the back of the Marvel Universe Card Sets. Maybe 100 tons in Marvel is like a 1,000,000 tons in D.C, lol. I don't know, I just don't think someone like Thor or Gladiator is at a fraction of strength of someone like Captain Marvel or Martian Manhunter. Gladiator has broken planets for freakin sakes. Thor has even fought and moved Ego, who is a living planet. In my opinion, like I have stated before, its Marvel's fault. They should pay more attention to how they clarify their characters strengths. A perfect example of what I am trying to say is in the WWH story line. The Sentry, who has the power of a million exploding suns and suppose to be the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe is getting his face turned into hamburger by HULK who can left over a 100 tons when enraged. This is the same HULK who held a portion of 150 billion tons and was shattering the Earth and causing earthquakes by stomping. It doesn't make any sense and it contradicts itself. I can seriously give you many more examples with Thor, Surfer, Gladiator, Thanos, Hercules, and a few others. I don't think that the gap is that big between D.C's resident strong guys and Marvel's.
Post Edited:2008-01-14 15:17:04
#31 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Blackjuggy says:
"Colt Python says:
"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Alpha says:
And Thor held up asgard but no one will say that Thor is as strong as Superman. The way i see it marvel vs. Dc should not have fights anymore cuz the 2 strength scales are different from eachother. They would have to be on a equal scale and technically since hyperion is Superman of Marvel Superman strength would be equivalent to hyperion. And the Superman that moved earth wasn't that a totally different one from the current one."
According to Tony Stark...Thor is class 100 strength..the Same level as Hercules,Ares,and Normal Hulk."

Ares can only lift 60 or 70 tons, but the others are class 100 (able to lift well over 100 tons)

#32 Posted by Batman666 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

WW Hulk can defeat the thing easily so ... Go HULK SMASH!

#33 Posted by zentraken (1 posts) - - Show Bio
OMG this is garbage 1.Captain America only knocked out the hulk by using Dr. Banners formula that kept the hulk from coming out and two i have read the comic with supes going against hulk and hulk throws him into orbit so yeah it is garbage to say that grundy can hang with the hulk so u need to read up on ur facts and get it straight cause i would never say grundy can beat the hulk for one i dont think that the juggearnaut can beat the hulk so u need to think who in marvel grundy can beat dont get me wrong i like grundy and all but grundy couldnt hang with the hulk.

#34 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people bring threads back to no know what they are talking about.Colt Python is in here for christ sake..I wouldn't be suprised of Kuchiku or LBV posted in here somewhere...Old ass thread.

#35 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Why do people bring threads back to no know what they are talking about.Colt Python is in here for christ sake..I wouldn't be suprised of Kuchiku or LBV posted in here somewhere...Old ass thread."
Noobs is the answer. 
#36 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

um.....HULK!!!!!!

#37 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy wins.

#38 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk, if Batman can take down Grundy then I don't see why Hulk wouldn't

#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Hulk, if Batman can take down Grundy then I don't see why Hulk wouldn't"
Because Grundy's strength fluctuates.I was under the impression that this was Grundy at the strongest he could possibly be.
#40 Posted by thorownzsuperman (70 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk

#41 Posted by Havoc@Heaven (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk has a tough hide, but I would never say he's invulnerable or else he wouldn't need a healing factor. He could be injured or knocked out. I've seen it done before by other bricks (Thanos). If it's a long battleI I'll go with hulk. Short I'll go with grundy.

#42 Posted by Goenitz (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

#43 Posted by lagoon_boy (10954 posts) - - Show Bio

#44 Edited by Goenitz (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

lol you know it won´t happen :)
#45 Posted by atmosphere (9 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alpha: I agree the hulk is ever evolving when it comes to strength hes no slouch he starts calm at 100 tons and from there on its limitless and his durability is ridiculous, so even a full powered grundy although similar in stature and strength when the hulk aint completely enraged cant take the fury and the force the Hulkster bringeth forth
#46 Edited by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@atmosphere:
fully powered grundy is physically domiate to superman easily and wonderwoman, he could easily put down hulk in the first couple of moments
#47 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (1924 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk would win.
#48 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xavier St. Cloud:
how when grundy in his strongest incarnation is greatly physically dominate to superman and wonderwoman? even if grundy could grow strong enough to match him after a few hours of fighting that wouldnt happen as hed be KOed at the start
#49 Posted by PirateKing69 (4290 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy wins this

#50 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (1924 posts) - - Show Bio

Which version of Grundy is this?