god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#101  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@ripcurl said:
"@isaac_clarke: Thor is at least as strong as Beta Ray Bill right? And the Red Hulk gave Thor a beating. The Red Hulk isn't as strong as the Green Hulk. Seems to me this means that the Hulk is stronger than Bill. "

Was it the crap written by Loeb that had Thor job to red hulk then in the very next issue when he got serious wouldve killed him as stated by the Red Hulk?
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Ramtha07

@god_spawn:
Hey, y'know, that sounds rather 'Loebish' come to think of it... yup. Indeedy.

Damn Red Hulk coulda been cool though ... sigh.

Sgtcrispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Sgtcrispy
@ripcurl said:
" @Sgtcrispy: wrong "
Which part was wrong? Blue Beetle's suit being more advanced then Iron Man's or Doomsday being stronger then Hulk? Both of which are true.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#104  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Ramtha07 said:
"

@god_spawn:
Hey, y'know, that sounds rather 'Loebish' come to think of it... yup. Indeedy.

Damn Red Hulk coulda been cool though ... sigh.

"

I have nothing against Rulk, i liked the concept of the character as Ross had to become what he hated and wanted to destroy most just to fight him, but alot of people mis-use his feats saying he beat OF Thor yet in the next issue Thor stomped him and wouldve killed him if Hulk didnt jump in to have the victory. Or when Rulk fought the silver surfer they post one scan of Rulk draining him, yet it was stated in an interview that it was the Surfer exactly one hour after becoming the silver surfer. Rulk even said he found it interesting when Dr. Doom stole your power, Surfer says he does not know of any Doom yet he has encountered him in the past, and the Rulk says Grandmaster plucked you from another time period. People just twist his feats around with Loeb's PIS writing.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By MrDirector786
@Zoom said:
" @ripcurl said:

"@Zoom:

Yeah, it's true I'm no DC fan, I feel their characters are too one-dimensional, and think Doomsday is a perfect example of this. That being said, he and the Hulk perform similar feats, punching people into orbit, cracking the crust of the earth, etc. Hulk is Marvel's answer to Superman in terms of physical prowess, he's the toughest guy on earth, and with only a few exceptions (heralds of Galactus, Thanos, other cosmic characters) he's the toughest in the Marvel universe. If a character like Mongul can beat Wonder Woman, I don't see how she (or Giganta) could defeat the Hulk."

I don't feel Marvel has an answer to Superman (nor should they).
The concept of Superman is a man who is a hero because he was raised right.  He's powerful enough to be a god but instead, he CHOOSES to be a protector, not out of guilt, but purely because it's the right thing to do.  He's the man who will never let you down.  (Aside: JMS does not understand Superman.  Grant Morrison does.)

Hulk is not that character.  Captain America is not that character.  Thor is not that character.  Even Superman ripoffs like Sentry and Hyperion are pretty blatantly not that character.  There isn't an answer to Superman because at the end of the day, there is no one hero that Marvel Earth can count on to save the day.  There just isn't.  Mutantkind has Charles Xavier or Cyclops.  New York has Spider-Man or the Fantastic Four.  But the entire planet?  No.  (This is understandable.  Having a Superman figure on Earth 616 would undermine the heck out of people like Captain America, Wolverine and Spider-Man, who are marvel's bread and butter.)

I'm personally more of a DC fan because DC Earth is more optimistic.  How long has Spider-Man been a menace?  How long will people hate and fear mutants?  People call to get rid of the New Warriors and arrest Captain America.  Marvel's heroes get no thanks at all.  The Flash gets a parade like once a month.  Even after he tried to destroy the planet, the citizens of Earth love Green Lantern.  There's just as much characterization.  The costumes are a little sillier for the most part.  But the big difference I see is that when a DC hero saves the world, people say thank you.

Mongul is more powerful than Hulk and neither Hulk nor Superman are the toughest guys in their universe.  Just saying.
"

No Caption Provided
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Ramtha07

@god_spawn:
They do indeed. But it's a shame it wasn't written with so many, um, incongruities let's just say.

Still, the idea itself had so much wasted potential...

--Anubis--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#107  Edited By --Anubis--
@Zoom:  i don't agree with your logic. Giganta was one shot by Canary's scream, that makes me doubt her durability.
On the other hand Hulk is also quite durable and has one of the best HF in Marvel. If he can't hurt her, he will throw her into space whre she suffocates
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The incredible one.
pcbh168

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By pcbh168
@--Anubis-- said:

" @Zoom:  i don't agree with your logic. Giganta was one shot by Canary's scream, that makes me doubt her durability.On the other hand Hulk is also quite durable and has one of the best HF in Marvel. If he can't hurt her, he will throw her into space whre she suffocates "

Black Canary beating Giganta was definitely PIS; if Giganta can withstand blows from Wonder Woman then I doubt Black Canary could hurt her.
Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pcbh168: WW not completely owning Giganta itself is PIS.She is just a normal human who is huge.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Silver2467
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
" @pcbh168: WW not completely owning Giganta itself is PIS.She is just a normal human who is huge. "
Her durability mystically increases with her size and mass. Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of Giganta's powers would know that.
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467: She still has no solid origin which surprises me -__- she shouldn't be used in battles,she is a failure of a character.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Silver2467
@MarvelJackAss433 said:

" @Silver2467: She still has no solid origin which surprises me -__- she shouldn't be used in battles,she is a failure of a character. "

And your opinion of the character is pertinent to the thread how exactly? It really is of no consequence to me whether you like the character or not. Her showings are still legit regardless. 
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467: She is inconsistent,period.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Silver2467
@MarvelJackAss433: She seems to withstand blows from Wonder Woman consistently enough. Jobbing to Black Canary in a comic riddled with PIS does not constitute her being inconsistent. 
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467: Have you ever heard of holding back?Wonder Woman does it a lot.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#117  Edited By Mercy_
@Zoom said:
" @ripcurl said:

"@Zoom:

Yeah, it's true I'm no DC fan, I feel their characters are too one-dimensional, and think Doomsday is a perfect example of this. That being said, he and the Hulk perform similar feats, punching people into orbit, cracking the crust of the earth, etc. Hulk is Marvel's answer to Superman in terms of physical prowess, he's the toughest guy on earth, and with only a few exceptions (heralds of Galactus, Thanos, other cosmic characters) he's the toughest in the Marvel universe. If a character like Mongul can beat Wonder Woman, I don't see how she (or Giganta) could defeat the Hulk."

I don't feel Marvel has an answer to Superman (nor should they).
The concept of Superman is a man who is a hero because he was raised right.  He's powerful enough to be a god but instead, he CHOOSES to be a protector, not out of guilt, but purely because it's the right thing to do.  He's the man who will never let you down.  (Aside: JMS does not understand Superman.  Grant Morrison does.)

Hulk is not that character.  Captain America is not that character.  Thor is not that character.  Even Superman ripoffs like Sentry and Hyperion are pretty blatantly not that character.  There isn't an answer to Superman because at the end of the day, there is no one hero that Marvel Earth can count on to save the day.  There just isn't.  Mutantkind has Charles Xavier or Cyclops.  New York has Spider-Man or the Fantastic Four.  But the entire planet?  No.  (This is understandable.  Having a Superman figure on Earth 616 would undermine the heck out of people like Captain America, Wolverine and Spider-Man, who are marvel's bread and butter.)

I'm personally more of a DC fan because DC Earth is more optimistic.  How long has Spider-Man been a menace?  How long will people hate and fear mutants?  People call to get rid of the New Warriors and arrest Captain America.  Marvel's heroes get no thanks at all.  The Flash gets a parade like once a month.  Even after he tried to destroy the planet, the citizens of Earth love Green Lantern.  There's just as much characterization.  The costumes are a little sillier for the most part.  But the big difference I see is that when a DC hero saves the world, people say thank you.

Mongul is more powerful than Hulk and neither Hulk nor Superman are the toughest guys in their universe.  Just saying.
"
Awesome post. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Silver2467
@MarvelJackAss433: Scans were already posted in this very thread where Wonder Woman was enraged while throwing punches at Giganta...
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#119  Edited By turoksonofstone

No Caption Provided
to suggest even for a moment that Giganta is even in the Hulk's league is stupid. He would pulverize her no-continuity bones to dust. Hulk Smash puny DC fans.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#120  Edited By entropy_aegis
@ripcurl said:
"@Ramtha07: None of the points you made are accurate. The only real advantage Doomsday has over the Hulk is the fact that he regenerates after death. His healing factor is weaker, he's not any faster, and he's not any stronger. "

Doomsday is a technopath more powerful than Cyborg Superman,this renders your argument invalid.
pcbh168

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By pcbh168
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
" @pcbh168: WW not completely owning Giganta itself is PIS.She is just a normal human who is huge. "
Giganta usually only fights Wonder Woman, so I wouldn't call Giganta withstanding blows from Diana, PIS. Wonder Woman most of the time, has to use her Lasso to take down Giganta.
jec777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By jec777

giganta is a wonder woman villain, any wonder woman villains would pwn hulk
bring on dr psycho.  psycho smash hulk.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#123  Edited By Zoom
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
"She is just a normal human who is huge. "
False.
pcbh168

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By pcbh168

Giganta should win the second round, too.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
vics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By vics

@Zoom: Hulk smash asteroid twice size Earth! Hulk mad! Lol xD

vics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By vics
No Caption Provided

@StarKiller809: Hulk can do this

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#127  Edited By Stronger

If he can defeat Hank Pym and Goliath,why not Giganta

Hulk wins easy..

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#128  Edited By KainScion

hulk beats the 60 feet woman

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk destroys giganta

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk wins, not even close.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Doomnaut

Hulk bear hugs Giganta's throat.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dracade102 said: Hulk will Put up a Good Fight in the First round, But Giganta Wins.
The Second Round will Probably be to Giganta too, since her size gives her a wider range for destruction.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@doomnaut said:

Hulk bear hugs Giganta's throat.

Then Giganta shrug him of and eat him

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#134 frozen  Moderator

Giganta is not really Superman level strength. Kal L in Infinite Crisis (nerfed version) one-shotted her.

Avatar image for dalastuchihaman
DaLastUchihaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hulk

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think i will have Troll in this BATTLE lol as much as i like HUlk i am all about Giganta

I am going to PICK my Favourite Girl in comics Giganta LOL i think i am allowed to use my Rbystji Powers for worthy cause LOL

I am voting for Giganta i have worthy reason trolling :)

My Girl :) Big Gig

@tensor said:

finally a battle hulk wins

Yes this is correct :)