This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the attraction to Hulk? Why do all the new people come in here and ask who wins Hulk vs. Superman, Hulk vs. Batman, Hulk vs. ANYONE? Seriously, it's one thing to see it every now and then, but it's like every three forums, there's a Hulk battle. Why's Hulk so interesting?

#2 Posted by Hagane Enna (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously? I cannot stand the Hulk but I would think that people get into the character because he is so seemingly invincible. Alright, we all know he's not but there are those who see that sort of brute strength as the be all and end all of power. Yippee. There's no arguing with fanboys after all.

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by Hagane Enna (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

Bless you, Buckshot!

#5 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like the Hulk. I didn't really care for him before, but I liked the Planet Hulk storyline and for now at least, I'm liking WWH. I think the reason he's in a lot of threads is because he's an easily identifiable powerful character. It's like Superman. People know him and know he's powerful so they want to see how their favorite character stacks up to him and just how powerful Hulk is compared to characters he normally doesn't see in comics.

#6 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I actually like the Hulk. I didn't really care for him before, but I liked the Planet Hulk storyline and for now at least, I'm liking WWH. I think the reason he's in a lot of threads is because he's an easily identifiable powerful character. It's like Superman. People know him and know he's powerful so they want to see how their favorite character stacks up to him and just how powerful Hulk is compared to characters he normally doesn't see in comics. "

Good point, and nice picture. But still, there's just so many of these threads..... It's amazing.....

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

What I wrote wasn't an excuse for all the threads (I think it's annoying too), just a possible reason.

#8 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Hulk, but the amount of Vs. threads with him is staggering.........

#9 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I actually like the Hulk. I didn't really care for him before, but I liked the Planet Hulk storyline and for now at least, I'm liking WWH. I think the reason he's in a lot of threads is because he's an easily identifiable powerful character. It's like Superman. People know him and know he's powerful so they want to see how their favorite character stacks up to him and just how powerful Hulk is compared to characters he normally doesn't see in comics. "

I agree 100%. Who was that guy crushing Hulk? He looked like Thanos.

#10 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Buckshot says:

I agree 100%. Who was that guy crushing Hulk? He looked like Thanos."

He appears to be in the Fantastic Four. (Maul Gigantic isn't it, is it?)

#11 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Buckshot says:
I agree 100%. Who was that guy crushing Hulk? He looked like Thanos."
He appears to be in the Fantastic Four. (Maul Gigantic isn't it, is it?)"

Ah thank you. Uncanny resemblence to Thanos though.

#12 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I counted, and they're 4 Hulk battles on this page, and I know there's one in General Discussions.

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

His name is Maul, he is gigantic, that's not his name. It's a Marvel/Wildstorm crossover and he replaced Thing on the F4.

The Hulk threads bother me less than the endless spider-man/symbiote/clone/girlfriend ones. I'm tired of everything related to spider-man. The fanboys are annoying.

#14 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"His name is Maul, he *is* gigantic, that's not his name. It's a Marvel/Wildstorm crossover and he replaced Thing on the F4. The Hulk threads bother me less than the endless spider-man/symbiote/clone/girlfriend ones. I'm tired of everything related to spider-man. The fanboys are annoying."

I agree with you there. I love the character but the attention he's getting has reached the level of overkill very quickly.

#15 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"His name is Maul, he *is* gigantic, that's not his name. It's a Marvel/Wildstorm crossover and he replaced Thing on the F4. The Hulk threads bother me less than the endless spider-man/symbiote/clone/girlfriend ones. I'm tired of everything related to spider-man. The fanboys are annoying."

I'm a big Spidey fan but I agree with you on the annoying threads involving him.

#16 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

in like the hulk because he is unique and a good character, with all his incarnations and split personality, i don't like him for his brute strength alone, superman is also very powerful but i don't like him

#17 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't even a battle. Why bump it?

#18 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12176 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

in like the hulk because he is unique and a good character, with all his incarnations and split personality, i don't like him for his brute strength alone, superman is also very powerful but i don't like him

#19 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: what now!!! i can see that you don't like me but what beef do you have against me , is the reason the same???

#20 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12176 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: is the reason the same???

pretty much ..... only that this isn't even a battle ....... you always bump the most random threads that are years back .... I know that you have something to say about it .... but on threads like these, the topic is just not even worth it ...

#21 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

pretty much ..... only that this isn't even a battle ....... you always bump the most random threads that are years back .... I know that you have something to say about it .... but on threads like these, the topic is just not even worth it ...

advice taken, you win again

#22 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy said:

This isn't even a battle. Why bump it?

To flag it and close it :D
#23 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12176 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

advice taken, you win again