Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

If Dr. Light could literally rip the heat vision out of Superboy's eyes, then all that gamma radiation the Hulk gives off would be easy pickings for him. Energy can't be destroyed, but it can be changed. Dr Light could very well convert the Hulk's gamma rays into infra-red or something else completely useless to him, winning by default.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet:

Manipulating energy to some degree doesn't automatically mean you can drain the Hulk. Hulk has had plenty of people try to drain him before and fail.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might take a while but dr light should win...hulk can not hit what he can not see or reach...

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: Manipulating energy to some degree doesn't automatically mean you can drain the Hulk. Hulk has had plenty of people try to drain him before and fail.

No, I wasn't talking about draining him like Mega Man or Parasite or something like that. I was talking about transforming the gamma rays his body absorbs/gives off into something completely useless to him and his power set. For example: If all of the gamma rays inside of the Hulk's body were instantly transformed into, lets say visible light, would he even be able to remain in his Hulk form? Especially if Dr. Light converted all of the incoming gamma radiation for miles around into visible light and/or UV Rays? I guess what I'm asking is, if the gamma "gas tank" within the Hulk is instantaneously transformed and replaced with a fuel source he can't metabolize, and any incoming ambient gamma rays from space are also transformed into something he can't use, would he even be able to remain the Hulk in the first place?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@capall2 said:

It might take a while but dr light should win...hulk can not hit what he can not see or reach...

One good thunderclap would take care of this.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dum529001

@heraldofganthet:

As long as there is any energy, you can't stop Hulk. And there is always energy.

If Doctor Light hits Hulk with enough force to kill him, atom smashing force, then he'll just be tossing gasoline on the fire. "Atom smashing force" is the definition of gamma rays.

Once you've given him that initial energy, not only does that makes him stronger, but he can also recycle that energy without any limit in the drive get more energy. it's a snowball effect that can't be stopped.

There is nothing to stop Bruce Banner/Hulk from getting gamma rays if you're trying to kill him. Its a reaction that continually feeds upon itself.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:
@capall2 said:

re-read my post...

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capall2 said:

@tparks said:
@capall2 said:

re-read my post...

I re-read it. I didn't miss anything. Hulk doesn't have to see Dr Light or have him within reach to hit him with a thunderclap. His thunderclap has a huge area of effect. Even if Dr Light is invisible, Hulk will hit him if he's facing the right direction. If he's not, he just has to turn around and do it again.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: now you are just being silly...so what you saying is IF the hulk can get lucky with any aimless thunderclap that will grant him the win here..lmmfao...what makes you think that dr light wont dodge any of this or just just stay out of range? This is a guy who manipulates light, who can move way faster than hulk, a guy who can create force fields, a guy who has the reaction and intellect to bend supes laser vision? If so then you win and everyone loses...

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulk wins if this.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capall2 said:

@tparks: now you are just being silly...so what you saying is IF the hulk can get lucky with any aimless thunderclap that will grant him the win here..lmmfao...what makes you think that dr light wont dodge any of this or just just stay out of range? This is a guy who manipulates light, who can move way faster than hulk, a guy who can create force fields, a guy who has the reaction and intellect to bend supes laser vision? If so then you win and everyone loses...

Why is that silly? Hulk doesn't have to really aim with a thunderclap. It's a huge area that he hits with. I don't remember Dr Light having the greatest durability to take a thunderclap from the Hulk either. Dr Light's dodging ability will not help him dodge a thunderclap. Also, I don't remember Dr Light having any superhuman attributes that deal with reaction time, agility, or reflexes unless light is involved so I don't see how that applies to this battle. Hulk has hit characters with much higher feats in durability, reaction time, agility, and reflexes then Dr Light with thunderclaps. There is also no light involved with this attack either. It's an impact and sonic attack. Manipulating light and bending Superman's vision do not apply to this fight because the Hulk has nothing to do with light. The only reason that happened was because of PIS to showcase Dr Lights light abilities. I don't see Dr Light having any defense for the Hulk's thunderclaps.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@tparks: I don't see Dr Light having any defense for the Hulk's thunderclaps.

Well dude did take a full powered right cross to the face from Red Star (one of the strongest members in the history of the Titans) and remained both conscious and was able to continue his attack on the combined Titan teams nearly unfazed, so the guy's got a good chin...

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: I don't see Dr Light having any defense for the Hulk's thunderclaps.

Well dude did take a full powered right cross to the face from Red Star (one of the strongest members in the history of the Titans) and remained both conscious and was able to continue his attack on the combined Titan teams nearly unfazed, so the guy's got a good chin...

I never realized he had any superhuman durability. He might be able to take a thunderclap and stay in the fight. I'm not convinced he can beat the Hulk though. If Hulk is unable to land a shot to incapacitate Dr Light, I think this would end in a stalemate.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By czarny_samael666

@heraldofganthet:

Manipulating energy to some degree doesn't automatically mean you can drain the Hulk. Hulk has had plenty of people try to drain him before and fail.

Like who?

Rulk drained him. Dr. Spectrum drained him. Silver Surfer drained him. I have never seen anyone failing in this process.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

I don't know how Dr Light doesn't win, since he can simply turn intangible ...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Light fighting smart and sane, wins. Intangible, and gamma manipulation.

Dr. Light trying to blast him and use a shield, loses.

I go Dr. Light 7/10.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#24  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
No Caption Provided

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fiodestromus

@capall2: How would he not see him Hulk can see things that are invisible to every one else.

Ghost,Invisible fortresses, he even has homing abilities

Pistolwhip1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pistolwhip1

@fiodestromus:

Dr.Light can steal the light from your eye's, and cause you to go blind.

No Caption Provided

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fiodestromus
dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dum529001

@czarny_samael666:

As Hulk is powered by gamma radiation, many opponents have attempted energy draining to defeat him. Most attempts fail because of his ability to amplify his power through rage. Dr. Zaxon's draining ray fails for this reason in Tales to Astonish #79:

No Caption Provided

An energy-synthicon chain begins draining Savage Hulk but with increased rage, he overpowers it in Incredible Hulk #182:

No Caption Provided

A bio-kinetic energy absorption unit fails to drain gamma radiation in Web of Spider-Man #69:

No Caption Provided

Mimic drains levels of gamma radiation from a weakened Savage Hulk that prove fatal to him, but not to Hulk in Incredible Hulk #161:

No Caption Provided

Draining via magic is similarly fruitless. Here, the Spirit Stone of Pariah drains Savage Hulk as his Banner side fights to permit it to drain his lifeforce, but realizing that Pariah would be a threat to the world, he lets Savage Hulk take over who immediately escapes Pariah's grip and overpowers the Spirit Stone inIncredible Hulk #268:

No Caption Provided

The demon, Chernobog, finds this out the hard way and is overloaded by Savage Hulk's power in this flashback to the past in Incredible Hulks #621:

No Caption Provided

With a clever assist from Goldbug to induce panic and anger, Savage Hulk overloads Tyrannus' draining devices in Incredible Hulk #241:

No Caption Provided

Arm'Chedon's Troyjan technology draws Savage Hulk's gamma radiation with his permission but at such high levels, his son disintegrates from the procedure, while Savage Hulk is completely unharmed in Incredible Hulk #464:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Randau, an alien who has challenged and nearly bested Terrax with his energy draining, completely fails to drain Savage Hulk's energy here in Incredible Hulk#103:

No Caption Provided

Aliens with technology formidable enough to stagger classic Dr. Strange's seraphim shields and ensnare Silver Surfer use a Starwheel machine to trap and drain the Defenders. Only Savage Hulk is able to power through the draining and cause enough feedback to destroy the Starwheel and free them all inDefenders vol.2 #8:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The superhuman parasite Half-Life can't drain enough strength to overpower Gray Hulk in Incredible Hulk #334:

No Caption Provided

in a weakened state, Hulk has withstood being drained of his energy by suns eaters for seven hours straight! (Incredible Hulk vol.2 #99) :

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

World War Hulk's increased power was a result of him harnessing more gamma energy. And Darwin -- a mutant who acclimated to Hela's and the M'Kraan Crystal's power -- cannot drain his energy off in World War Hulk: X-Men #3:

No Caption Provided

He walks right through gamma inhibitor cannons being fired on him in Iron Man vol.4 #20:

No Caption Provided

Rulk's completely absorbed the Savage Hulk's gamma radiation and reverted him to Banner. He fails to drain enough gamma radiation from World War Hulk to even knock him unconscious, from Hulk #24:

No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dondave

Dr Light

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: I have answered on it in other thread. Most of this scans shows that Hulk's energy can be drained and he can't resist it. But one thing that You remind me is - how much energy Dr. Light can absorb? There is a possibility that Hulk's energy will overload him.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666: how much energy Dr. Light can absorb? There is a possibility that Hulk's energy will overload him.

I have never seen Dr. Light overloaded either Pre or Post-Crisis. By anything. I have only seen him contained, and that was inside of a Green Lantern's Power Battery (Guardians of the Universe level technology). Which now that I think about it does make sense considering that the Central Power Battery held Parallax prisoner for who knows how many billions of years that a smaller version could do the same to a proportional level threat (old school rules: 1 Lantern per Sector >/= 1 Sector level threat VS. Central Power Battery: whole universe full of Lanterns >/= Universal threat). IMHO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666:

There will be no overloading, Dr. Light is not going to try to absorb the energy, just pull it out.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly doc light has a power set that he can win this match but if he lets hulk get off any offensive moves first he loses

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Light

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#35 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly doc light has a power set that he can win this match but if he lets hulk get off any offensive moves first he loses

or Dr Light can just turn intangible and let Hulk try to swing at him.....

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk.

Anal_Vomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666:

@czarny_samael666:

As Hulk is powered by gamma radiation, many opponents have attempted energy draining to defeat him. Most attempts fail because of his ability to amplify his power through rage. Dr. Zaxon's draining ray fails for this reason in Tales to Astonish #79:

No Caption Provided

An energy-synthicon chain begins draining Savage Hulk but with increased rage, he overpowers it in Incredible Hulk #182:

No Caption Provided

A bio-kinetic energy absorption unit fails to drain gamma radiation in Web of Spider-Man #69:

No Caption Provided

Mimic drains levels of gamma radiation from a weakened Savage Hulk that prove fatal to him, but not to Hulk in Incredible Hulk #161:

No Caption Provided

Draining via magic is similarly fruitless. Here, the Spirit Stone of Pariah drains Savage Hulk as his Banner side fights to permit it to drain his lifeforce, but realizing that Pariah would be a threat to the world, he lets Savage Hulk take over who immediately escapes Pariah's grip and overpowers the Spirit Stone inIncredible Hulk #268:

No Caption Provided

The demon, Chernobog, finds this out the hard way and is overloaded by Savage Hulk's power in this flashback to the past in Incredible Hulks #621:

No Caption Provided

With a clever assist from Goldbug to induce panic and anger, Savage Hulk overloads Tyrannus' draining devices in Incredible Hulk #241:

No Caption Provided

Arm'Chedon's Troyjan technology draws Savage Hulk's gamma radiation with his permission but at such high levels, his son disintegrates from the procedure, while Savage Hulk is completely unharmed in Incredible Hulk #464:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Randau, an alien who has challenged and nearly bested Terrax with his energy draining, completely fails to drain Savage Hulk's energy here in Incredible Hulk#103:

No Caption Provided

Aliens with technology formidable enough to stagger classic Dr. Strange's seraphim shields and ensnare Silver Surfer use a Starwheel machine to trap and drain the Defenders. Only Savage Hulk is able to power through the draining and cause enough feedback to destroy the Starwheel and free them all inDefenders vol.2 #8:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The superhuman parasite Half-Life can't drain enough strength to overpower Gray Hulk in Incredible Hulk #334:

No Caption Provided

in a weakened state, Hulk has withstood being drained of his energy by suns eaters for seven hours straight! (Incredible Hulk vol.2 #99) :

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

World War Hulk's increased power was a result of him harnessing more gamma energy. And Darwin -- a mutant who acclimated to Hela's and the M'Kraan Crystal's power -- cannot drain his energy off in World War Hulk: X-Men #3:

No Caption Provided

He walks right through gamma inhibitor cannons being fired on him in Iron Man vol.4 #20:

No Caption Provided

Rulk's completely absorbed the Savage Hulk's gamma radiation and reverted him to Banner. He fails to drain enough gamma radiation from World War Hulk to even knock him unconscious, from Hulk #24:

No Caption Provided

So now we claimed that The Hulk cannot be drained of his energy. . .

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Light pretty easily.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@anal_vomit:

Yo, I know this is way off topic, but what's the story on your user name homey (LOL!)?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1Up. Any other input?

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By IRS

Doctor Light has the powerset to win. It just depends on if he fights smart.