• 61 results
#1 Posted by Jedi Wolverine (176 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk VS Animal Man

Current versions of each,

Win by KO, Death, Incapicitation.

BFR not allowed.

No morals or prep - they start off 100 yards from each other and in plain sight on a sandy beach

Fight takes place on a small desert island approx 1 mile by 1 mile containing trees, rocks and a small mountain.

The day is overcast and fight starts at 10am

#2 Posted by Manchine (3966 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk has this one.
#3 Posted by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man can take it:Bacteria division plus the power of a Sun eater means a win for Buddy.

#4 Posted by Billy Batson (57753 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man.
BB

#5 Posted by Saren (25277 posts) - - Show Bio

If current versions includes the new 52, Hulk takes it. 

If not, Animal Man.

#6 Posted by Jedi Wolverine (176 posts) - - Show Bio

Before Animal Man got going couldnt the Hulk just Thunder Clap as an opener and then bullrush to completely pulverize him.

What would Animal Mans opening move be in a situation like this - i wonder if he would take to the air/ burrow underground/ start duplicating himself........

Bearing in mind he has no knowledge of the Hulk and his abilities so why would he have a reason to do anything until weighing up his opponents first move and getting an idea of their abilities.....

#7 Edited by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio

Well you said no Morals;so I assume he would go on to kill Hulk immediatly;and the power of a suneater is one of;if not the;deadliest thing in his arsenal;so I think he would go for that;plus simply by looking at the Hulk he would see the guy is a brick.

#8 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maxwell Lord the fourth said:
Well you said no Morals;so I assume he would go on to kill Hulk immediatly;and the power of a suneater is one of;if not the;deadliest thing in his arsenal;so I think he would go for that;plus simply by looking at the Hulk he would see the guy is a brick.
THIS
#9 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jedi Wolverine

This. Also, it could go either way. Why wouldn't he open with it? It sounds like it could be useful in many situations, so he probably wouldn't say "I'll wait until he tries to hit me to act." Looking at hulk, one can probably tell he's dangerous.
#10 Posted by Outside_85 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk, there aren't any Suneaters lurking near Earth or the solar system normally (besides what would they do other than allow space travel?)

#11 Edited by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85: Oh but he does not need one to be close for him to get it's power.Also you do not sem very familiar wth what a sun eater is...
#12 Posted by Outside_85 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maxwell Lord the fourth: He needs time to find one to latch onto, nearly died from being left on an airless planet before he was lucky to find one in 52.
#13 Posted by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85: That was when he just got his upgrade;he was new to it;afterwards he does not need any animal whose power he takes to be near him;he has some sort of catalog from which he can chose.
#14 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm, he did say most current. How much weaker is new animal man?

#15 Posted by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio

Well most current has not shown to use alien animals...but then again it is only issue 02(not that I think lemire will go there)

#16 Posted by Outside_85 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maxwell Lord the fourth: Still whats a suneater going to give him? They are sentient gasclouds after all.
#17 Posted by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85: Precisely;and what can Hulk do to that ? Plus they feed on the energy of stars;Hulk packs a lot of energy...so Buddy feeds on him à la suneater;he goes back to Banner;and then Buddy kills him.
#18 Posted by Outside_85 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maxwell Lord the fourth: Unlike Beast Boy, Buddy doesn't change shape when he gains any given power (not that I remember that is), in that regard, he and Vixen are alike. Also, Hulk has a great amount of lung capacity that he used in Hulk vs. Dracula to blow an intangible vampire away.
#19 Posted by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85: I know that full well;but consider this:when he takes the power of a Rhino he get it's durability without manifesting its skin;when he takes the power of a salamander he can spew it's toxins through his hands without materialising any glands or openings and this goes for all the animals he can access;thus while not taking the Suneater's form he will have it's capabilities;including their invulnerability to pretty much anything exept a special kind of bomb as well as their draining capabilities and the others observed in 52.Also comparing a Vampire in mist form to a suneater well that won't just do at all...
#20 Posted by Outside_85 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maxwell Lord the fourth: So you are claiming he will be invulnerable as long as Hulk can't reach the core? (Btw, staying alive will be all it gets him, Hulk isn't a sun. Granted the Sun-Eaters can devour being that are like suns, but Hulk only emits Gamma radiation.)
#21 Edited by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85: Well;the thing is Buddy being human;there is no core for Hulk to reach and take Buddy out...Also suns produce gamma rays;particularly during sunflares;so it is in the range of the energies a sun eater can take.Also remember what happenned to Lady Styx ?
#22 Posted by Outside_85 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maxwell Lord the fourth: Nope sry i dont. The invulnerability I have a hard time not seeing as simply due to the Sun-Eaters gasterous state, like its a cloud, you cant punch it and in space you cant blow it away and the core is...how big? Anyways being invulnerable isn't going to win it for Buddy, as Hulk dealt with two of those in WWH, Monet and Emma Frost. Monet was BFR'ed (kicked into Jersey) and Frost was hammered into the ground as a nail where she couldn't free herself without getting out of her diamond form (incapacitation).
#23 Edited by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85: So you are basically telling me Hulk could take a suneater ? sigh...anyway what he did to Emma Frost or Monet is totally irrelevant because:
-No BFR allowed in this thread
-Buddy;with the power of a Suneater can fly;so he would not stay pinned in the ground.
-Hulk would be Drained too much to do that
Oh and the size it has in space does not matter either;since like for the elephant;which when Buddy takes its powers;he still has it's strengh aand durability despite the fact he keeps his human size.Same goes for the time when he channeled a T rex.
#24 Posted by Outside_85 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maxwell Lord the fourth: No I'm not, I'm saying he can take a Buddy Baker channelling a Sun Eaters power, he becomes invulnerable, he still has a human sized body Hulk can punch into the ground. Besides a sun-eater drain is not instantaneous if I remember the one from the Return of Donna Troy correctly, if its actually the radiation its feeding off and not the superheated gas'.
Anyway s this whole discussion may be kinda redundant as the current Buddy Baker may very well have undergone certain changes...I have read both issues of current Buddy and atm he's only used his powers once, the rest is pretty much mired in 'the Red' wierdness that's coming over him and his animal necromantic daughter.
#25 Posted by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85: Which is why I am making an argument for the pre 52 Animal man;due to the Lack of feats of the new 52 one.Concerning the draining;yes it is not instantaneous;but Hulk is not a Sun either...
#26 Posted by Outside_85 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maxwell Lord the fourth: Come to think of it, Buddy getting a Sun-Eater's powers in the first place is a bit weird to start with, since they aren't technically living creatures. The Controllers build them as weapons to kill evil planets, TT/Outsiders even found a sun-eater factory in the Return of Donna Troy. But then again some JLA writer proposed that Starkiller was the adult shape of a Sun-Eater...so I'm not sure what's up or down on that one.
#27 Edited by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85: Well the fact is that Animal Man channeled one so that means he can...But that being said;the two are not incompatible;the Sun eaters can be artificial animals created to serve as weapons.And them turning into something like Starkiller with age might be an unwanted side effect.
#28 Posted by Outside_85 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maxwell Lord the fourth: Well, it makes little sense; how exactly is an artificial lifeform connected to the Red? Or are Brainiac's androids also connected to it?
#29 Posted by Jedi Wolverine (176 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think the Hulk has got this - after all Animal Man must take some time to use his best offence; the channeling of power isnt just instantaneous so how does he avoid being buried by the Hulk in under 5 seconds.........

Not saying the Hulk can speedblitz but with a start just 100 yards from each other and no prep the Hulk is going to be throwing rocks/trees/thunder clapping from the get go - a little off putting for Animal Man surely?

#30 Edited by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jedi Wolverine: Uuh he can channel faster than a bullet shot at colose range can hit him;even faster if he knows the animal he wants. Plus he will start the secnd he sees the Hulk;and as I said previously with morals off he will go for the kill and as such use the deadliest stuff he has;like for instance a sun eater's power;so yeah he takes this.
@Outside_85: Well brainiac's android are robots;while sun eaters can be considered as biological...(of course this is me trying to make sense of the continuity flukes)
#31 Posted by Outside_85 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maxwell Lord the fourth: Fair enough, neither of us seem to know how he managed it :)
#32 Posted by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85: Well I think it is just because Grant Morrison took the sun eaters as being animals;oh and here is what happened to Lady Styx:
Ekron and her were digested by a suneater;so that shows the creepers can feed on pretty much anything;and that shall include the Hulk.And before you say it;yes Buddy does not take on there forms;but he gets all their abilities(or the ones he choses)nonetheless.
#33 Edited by Lord Shiva (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

@Maxwell Lord the fourth: Unlike Beast Boy, Buddy doesn't change shape when he gains any given power (not that I remember that is), in that regard, he and Vixen are alike. Also, Hulk has a great amount of lung capacity that he used in Hulk vs. Dracula to blow an intangible vampire away.

Correct, Vixen and AM have the same powers and both can shape-change if they want too.

#34 Posted by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lord Shiva: Well he could at one point but in his most recent showings not anymore;he was back to taking "just" the abilities.Also Vixen's and Buddy's power are a little different:Buddy(pre new 52)could take the powers of any animal in the universe while Vixen "Only" has earrth animals to chose from.Furthermore;Buddy tends to make combinations of abilities of multiple aniamls while Vixen seldom does it(only once to my knowledge in fact)
#35 Posted by Lord Shiva (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord Shiva: Well he could at one point but in his most recent showings not anymore;he was back to taking "just" the abilities.Also Vixen's and Buddy's power are a little different:Buddy(pre new 52)could take the powers of any animal in the universe while Vixen "Only" has earrth animals to chose from.Furthermore;Buddy tends to make combinations of abilities of multiple aniamls while Vixen seldom does it(only once to my knowledge in fact)

Not really, Buddy's universal abilities made a switch around the same time Vixen started mimicking the abilities of super-heroes (Superman, Flash, Green Lantern... etc). It was said that these power changes were because of Anasi the Spider playing with their abilities....not sure how that turned out though...gotta go back and reread those JLA issues. Also, Vixen can do combination of animal abilities too.....as a matter of fact, in her second appearance she combined the strength of a lion with the swimming ability of a dolphin. She also held onto the abilities of all the animals in a forest.

#36 Posted by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lord Shiva: Well yes;but Buddy retained his universal power levels after the Anansi thing while Vixen was back to her original power set.As for the combination thing for Vixen I stand corrected(I know more on animal man than on her)
#37 Posted by Killemall (18255 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

If current versions includes the new 52, Hulk takes it. If not, Animal Man.

i agree!!

#38 Posted by Lord Shiva (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord Shiva: Well yes;but Buddy retained his universal power levels after the Anansi thing while Vixen was back to her original power set.As for the combination thing for Vixen I stand corrected(I know more on animal man than on her)

All good, I love them both.

#39 Posted by Outside_85 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lord Shiva: Really? Hmm, never seen either do it.
#40 Posted by Lord Shiva (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

Do what?

#41 Posted by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lord Shiva: I think he means the abilities combo.
#42 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

#43 Posted by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001: Uh Huh;you you didn't read the rest of the thread...
#44 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001: Uh Huh;you you didn't read the rest of the thread...

How does does AM win?
#45 Posted by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001: Well in this thread Animal man is not limited to earth animals;which means he can channel a Sun eater;and that would be way too much for the Hulk.
#46 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001: Well in this thread Animal man is not limited to earth animals;which means he can channel a Sun eater;and that would be way too much for the Hulk.

I see. AM, it is.
#47 Posted by Outside_85 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lord Shiva said:

@Outside_85 said:

Do what?

Shapeshift
#48 Posted by Outside_85 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maxwell Lord the fourth: It doesnt actually mention anything about AM's range, only 'current versions of both'.
#49 Posted by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85: Well to me if there are no limit stated in the OP then the characters can use anything they have to win.
#50 Posted by Outside_85 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maxwell Lord the fourth: Fair enough.