#1 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Can these 6 take down a "Average Showings" Galactus?

#2 Posted by dondave (37520 posts) - - Show Bio

Their only hope is that the Eye of Agamotto will affect Galactus

#3 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Truth be told, Galactus has given Galactus a good fight on his own. Mephisto matched Galactus very well and Zarathos is superiorto Hell Lords in power. Thor has in fact beaten Galactus twice IIRC due to plot.

So I think the Eye of Aggamatto is not the only deciding factor here.

#4 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I wonder if Galactus could eat the gama radiation from hulk

#5 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I wonder if Galactus could eat the gama radiation from hulk

He ate Mephistos Souls. I think he could.

#6 Edited by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Well he beats surfer by just taking away his power cosmic. He than procedes to kill Hyperion and Thor with his cosmic blasts that are at least solar system destroyers. He turns Dr. Strange into a peice of plasma or something and eats him. Eats hulks gama radiation then bfrs him. And as for Zarathos. I don't know what Galactus can really do to him.

#7 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1393 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by dondave (37520 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Truth be told, Galactus has given Galactus a good fight on his own. Mephisto matched Galactus very well and Zarathos is superiorto Hell Lords in power. Thor has in fact beaten Galactus twice IIRC due to plot.

I only recall him beating a weakened Galactus who had previously fought Ego, what other instance are you talking about?

#9 Posted by Iragexcudder (4907 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is classic strange, them the team wins.

#10 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@cadencev2 said:

@dondave said:

I only recall him beating a weakened Galactus who had previously fought Ego, what other instance are you talking about?

One was the plot of God Blast. the other was some Life Aura Force crap that drove Galactus off.

@killemall Im sure he might know. It has been forever since I read about it.

#11 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is classic strange, them the team wins.

#13 Edited by MagnificentStorm (1393 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1393 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnificentstorm: @iragexcudder: This is the Sorceror Supreme Strange. Which is exactly the same as Classic.

No its not Strange is Sorcerer Supreme Strange now an is not as powerful as he is was

#15 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

@magnificentstorm: @iragexcudder: This is the Sorceror Supreme Strange. Which is exactly the same as Classic.

No its not Strange is Sorcerer Supreme Strange now an is not as powerful as he is was

The reason why is because he has prep for every single feat of awesomeness in the "Classic" days. Most people seen out of context scans and thing "OMG how awesome is he?!" when in fact he really is no more powerful than what he was. If anything he is way more knowledgeable now.

He also had low points at times do to Shuma Gorath or Zom essence corrupting him. He lost titles as Sorcerer Supreme in New Avengers and was a street level magician.

Sorcerer Supreme is the same now as it was then.

#16 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

It's so hard to say, Galactus has had such a range of showings. Normally Galactus should whoop them, but it's hard to say how hungry he is and Classic Strange is a beast.

#17 Edited by MagnificentStorm (1393 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Sorcerer Supreme is a title it doesnt boost anyones power other than the eye of agamotto i guess.

But i can kinda see your point but he had good showing of power with out prep or he wouldn't have gotten the title

But u cant deny that hes much weaker from his classic days in which he was labeled a treat to the universe.

#18 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Galactus has merged with his Ultimate version, Gah Lak Tus, thus becoming more powerful. Its hard to say what his current power levels are so best wait until a few more issue of Hunger to find out just how much more powerful he has become.

#19 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Galactus has merged with his Ultimate version, Gah Lak Tus, thus becoming more powerful. Its hard to say what his current power levels are so best wait until a few more issue of Hunger to find out just how much more powerful he has become.

What!? When?! HOW!?

Ultimates Gah Lak Tus!!!!!

#20 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: It happened in Hunger #1. It was pretty bad ass.

Galactus arrives into the ultimate universe due to the events of Age Of Ultron. He meets with Gah Lak Tus, who at first wants to consume him but instead merges with him, creating a Super Galactus.

#21 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange, Thor, and Zarathos have the best chances here. Extra Dimensionals and Magic are things Big G can't straight up absorb. Surfer and Hulk I don't believe would last very long.

Hyperion I'm not so certain about. He would likely survive, and has the speed to react to, dodge, and his durability can tank some of Galactus's attacks, but I have no idea how much he can do offensively.

I think the magic crew might be able to take him, so for now I'll side with them.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#22 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: It happened in Hunger #1. It was pretty bad ass.

Galactus arrives into the ultimate universe due to the events of Age Of Ultron. He meets with Gah Lak Tus, who at first wants to consume him but instead merges with him, creating a Super Galactus.

As a devout Ultimate Fan.... the end days seem nigh!

I seriously see Ultimate Comics going the way of Age of Apocalypse. All the comics will be canceled. All the fan favorites will be brought over to Marvel 616. Then the Ultimate Characters will never see face time in the 616 comics and become forgotten.

F**k.

#23 Posted by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Strange, Thor, and Zarathos have the best chances here. Extra Dimensionals and Magic are things Big G can't straight up absorb. Surfer and Hulk I don't believe would last very long.

Hyperion I'm not so certain about. He would likely survive, and has the speed to react to, dodge, and his durability can tank some of Galactus's attacks, but I have no idea how much he can do offensively.

I think the magic crew might be able to take him, so for now I'll side with them.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Hulk resisted Galactus beams before and he being World Breaker lets assumption takes its place, he may not be able to be a factor here, but hell he will survive long enough.

Hyperion tanked the destruction of an entire universe, also hold 2 universe from colliding with each other. Current Hyperion is ridiculously powerful. Also, it was stated Hulk's gamma empowerment its also extradimensional IIRC or something like that.

Zarathos, Dr. Strange and Thor should be the factors here... But given the fact of those spoilers written by Venomoushatred1001 i can see Galactus winning.

#24 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: I was unaware of this Super just came out new comic. This is before that Merger. Which I still cannot believe happen. I mean what the **** is he doing in Ultimate Verse!?

I hope Ultimate Reed spanks 616 Galactus home crying!

#25 Edited by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I really don't know man... That sounds like a massive Buff to me... I hope the whole plot behind it doesn't end in bs and actually pulls off a good ending.

#26 Posted by cooljammy18 (965 posts) - - Show Bio

So....basically only higher abstract beings can defeat Galactus now after that powerup? Goddammit, I guess Galactus, even though he already won without trouble before, slaughters this battle.

#27 Edited by Killemall (18582 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

What!? When?! HOW!?

Ultimates Gah Lak Tus!!!!!

It happened in Hunger # 1

here are the scans:

It was weird seeing Ultimate Watcher, merged with Rick Jones go bat s*hit crazy upon Galactus arrival, and all he could manage was repeat "The End, The End , The End"

I originally thought Hunger was just about Galactus trying to consume Ultimate Earth, turns out its much bigger than that. Its apparently the most recent and biggest event to directly transpire from the Age of Ultron.

#28 Edited by GhostRavage (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! NOooooooOoOO0000eees! Spoilers man... push the spoilers button! :'(, baby seals are crying right now!

#29 Posted by Killemall (18582 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! NOooooooOoOO0000eees! Spoilers man... push the spoilers button! :'(, baby seals are crying right now!

Oops sorry, i dont man the use of Spoilers doesnt naturally come to me, sorry.

And done now ..... keep forgetting to use spoilers.. sorry!!!

#30 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: F***********K! This must be the end of all things the Watchers talked about. Ultimantum (Which was so huge and horrible killed off half the Ultimate Comic Titles and characters) was suppose to be the big thing, however they were trying to get Rick ready for disastor that would destroy earth which apparently was not Ultimantum! This might be them trying to finally save money and kill off Ultimate Comics all together!

I am so upset now as I think that is where they are going with it.

Honestly I think Marvel has way too many characters and villains at this point for Marvel to keep track of. They should kill both Universes, all the Universes, and cherry pick the best names of Heroes and Villains and start a new Universe altogether.

Not like Crisis where everything is rebooted, just a new less cluttered Universe with the best Titles and name characters to start fresh. Marvel universe House Cleaning. Before Sise-Neg and the What If books, Marvel was one Universe. How epic of a event to sort of revert back to one main universe again.

@laflux @slimj87d @veshark Check this crap out!

#31 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: F***********K! This must be the end of all things the Watchers talked about. Ultimantum (Which was so huge and horrible killed off half the Ultimate Comic Titles and characters) was suppose to be the big thing, however they were trying to get Rick ready for disastor that would destroy earth which apparently was not Ultimantum! This might be them trying to finally save money and kill off Ultimate Comics all together!

I am so upset now as I think that is where they are going with it.

Honestly I think Marvel has way too many characters and villains at this point for Marvel to keep track of. They should kill both Universes, all the Universes, and cherry pick the best names of Heroes and Villains and start a new Universe altogether.

Not like Crisis where everything is rebooted, just a new less cluttered Universe with the best Titles and name characters to start fresh. Marvel universe House Cleaning. Before Sise-Neg and the What If books, Marvel was one Universe. How epic of a event to sort of revert back to one main universe again.

@laflux @slimj87d @veshark Check this crap out!

Sigh....I really hope this is not how Hunger will end, I'll honestly be pretty disheartened if it is. But given the present state of the Ultimate U, I can't say I'm surprised. Short of the present Miles stuff with Bendis, the UU has been steadily going downhill since Divided We Fall. It was doing pretty great in the most recent revival with Hickman on Ultimates, Miles, and the X-book, but ever since that whole America-splitting bit, the universe has been sliding back into the dumps.

If the UU does end up destroyed though, I'll be more sad than I will be pissed off. This universe used to be at the bleeding edge of comic book storytelling, they were giving smart, top-notch stories with the best creators on their books. So many writers and artists made their careers in the UU, and at one time, regular 616 comics were trying to imitate the Ultimate world. Even today, the Ultimate books still inspire Marvel films and other media. When Millar's Ultimates and X-Men and Bendis' Spider-Man were out...man, those were and still are some of the best comics Marvel has ever released.

But all good things come to an end. I'm really hoping that this isn't it though, as the UU deserves far better, and maybe it'll even manage to overcome its present slump and return to its former glory. But this is how it goes down, all we Ultimate fans can do is hope that they do a revival sometime in the future. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go dwell in nostalgia, and reread Millar's Ultimates from the beginning.