killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By killraven4334

@jayc1324 said:

@thedailybagel: It is holding back. Not using any of his powers could be considered pulling his "punches." If he wasn't using his powers at all I don't see how its not holding back. He held back his lighting and storms for sure.

Holding back doesn't have to just mean pulling punches.

Anyone who thinks Thor wasn't holding back is just being intellectually dishonest. Thor was not trying to destroy the hellicarrier, going all out physically or using his energy based powers would have put people in danger.

Thor always holds back against mortals thats part of his thing, I mean even in Thor 2 he literally tells loki how he holds back against him, that alone shows us that Thor does hold back his power when he fights someone he doesnt want to kill.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@leo-343: I guess it can be, depending on the circumstances. but in my opinion there's a difference between not pulling your hits in a fight, and hitting someone so hard that your muscles tear like thor did against Gorr. Hulk can hit someone without holding back, but can also hit someone harder by going all out.

Do you get my point?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 thedailybagel  Moderator

@killraven4334: maybe because Loki is his brother and is by far less powerful than thor is?

CountofMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk would waste Malekith if he gets right to it. The argument that Kurse is the strongest character in the MCU so far doesn't hold up. Thor would have beaten Kurse if he would have fought smart instead of trying to trade punches with him. I'm mentioning Kurse because I believe he was superior in durability, and maybe strength, to Malekith(although they both had good striking power).

People seem to think that Kurse deflecting the hammer equates with lifting it up or stonewalling it, neither of which he could have done. Hulk couldnt lift Thors hammer because he wasn't considered worthy by Asgardian standards. A lack of strength was not a contributing factor so Kurse's deflection of it should not be equated with him being Hulks equal or superior in terms of strength.

Let's look at why Thor lost his fight with Kurse. Thor throws the hammer and it gets deflected. Then he proceeds to trade punches with Kurse, which turned out to be a very bad strategy. If they had a second fight I bet he would have hung on to that hammer. The very next thing he should have done is called his hammer back and blasted Kurse with Lightning like he did to Malekith when he burned his face. Cook him long enough and he'll die. The fact that Loki was able to take out Kurse with one of those anti-matter grenades(whatever they are called), and the fact that Kurse had Asgardian blades embedded into his body shows that he's not absolutely invulnerable, just highly durable.

Another factor is that Kurse got the best of Thor by pinning him down. This is something neither he or Malekith have any chance of doing to the hulk since he is highly mobile on his feet and he's just plain to big for these guys to do that. All Kurse has is brute force, and not enough to put Hulk down. Malekith has good striking power but not anymore than Hulk has encountered already. Malekith also has decent energy projection feats with the aether he used at the end but as easily as Thor was able to walk through it, Hulk could leap in even faster and throw Malekith around like a ragdoll just like he did with Loki. Or he could just rip him in half.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By GXrevolution96

@killraven4334

Thor was not trying to destroy the hellicarrier, going all out physically or using his energy based powers would have put people in danger.

You could quite clearly see that he was going all out physically and putting a lot of effort in. Moreover, not using his other abilities does not mean he was holding back

Thor always holds back against mortals thats part of his thing, I mean even in Thor 2 he literally tells loki how he holds back against him, that alone shows us that Thor does hold back his power when he fights someone he doesnt want to kill.

Loki is a mortal. Asgardians can be killed therefor they are mortal, just like the rest of us. And by your logic, this would also mean he held back against Kurse, which is obviously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: I see what you're saying, but Thor didn't have his hammer when fighting Kurse.

He was going hard when fighting Hulk and putting in effort, because no one can take it easy with Hulk, but he was not fighting to his fullest potential. In every fight that he has Mjolnir, he used lightning. Even against Iron Man. So in the case of Thor, I'd consider him not using his most common attacks to be holding back.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Because no one likes getting shot? The same reason Hulk got angry when he was getting shot and attacked the plane.

And Thor is twice as durable as Loki, I don't think the gunfire from the jet would've done much to him, not to mention the fact that he survived the fall from the helicarrier just like hulk did, with no damage

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderskaar: Well he's hulk he can go toe to toe with thor who beat malkeith so i think hulk could win.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk dominates.

Malekith was a sorry excuse for a villain in the movie.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Bladewolf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Bladewolf2

@rogueshadow said:

If the feat I'm hearing about in AoU is true, I can't wait to see the MCU Thor battles once it's released, it's gonna be hilarious. Especially Thor vs MoS.

yae whats that feat suppose to be? a god blast or warriors madness possibly? I do remember seeing a huge blast of lighting in the trailer destroy a huge part of the city and cave it in. Not sure if thats from Thor though.

I got bad news for you, I ''saw'' the movie, Thor doesnt destroy the city, he destroys Ultron's device, the chain reaction is the one that blows up the whole place, not Thor power.

Strength-durability-speedwise he is still a weakling in AoU, in fact, Vision steal his place as the top dog, Odinson doesnt come close to Kurse or MoS Superman powerlevels.

The characters are still pretty nerfed in your typical Whedon fashion, Hulk being the prime example on this movie, also Quicksilver death was the dumbest death ever, a speedster killed by bullets, yeah good job there Whedon.........

I mean, come on, Iron man fights against Ultron Prime on equaly terms, yet the same Ultron Prime easily overpowers Thor lol.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge said:

@those_eyes said:

@jayc1324 said:

@rogueshadow: And what feat might that be? I'm really excited to see more of thor.

yae whats that feat suppose to be? a god blast or warriors madness possibly? I do remember seeing a huge blast of lighting in the trailer destroy a huge part of the city and cave it in. Not sure if thats from Thor though.

Spoiler According to the press that saw the early screenings of it, Thor dies which sets up Ragnarok. Spoiler

I knew it!

Thats what i predicted awhile ago. Not suprised. I knew it would be either thor or hulk.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:

If the feat I'm hearing about in AoU is true, I can't wait to see the MCU Thor battles once it's released, it's gonna be hilarious. Especially Thor vs MoS.

I got bad news for you, Thor doesnt destroy the city, he destroys the device that destroys the city, the chain reaction is the one that blows up the whole place, not Thor power.

Strength-durability-speedwise he is still a weakling in AoU, in fact, Vision steal his place as the top dog, Odinson doesnt come close to Kurse or MoS Superman powerlevels.

Part of me wants to read this spoiler and part of me doesnt.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malekith's implied power was supposed to be huge. Unfortunately, he didn't show a ton of it. Not really sure on the outcome.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

hulk

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse was a more impressive villain than Malekith, not entirely sure but I'd go with Hulk.

As for the Hulk v Thor fight, I didn't think either of them were going all out, seemed more like a play fight. They seem faily even in strength in the MCU with Hulk being the stronger, Thor is more diverse, powerful but Hulk can tank more.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 thedailybagel  Moderator

@mrhamwallet: even in strength? Hulk was pushing thor down with one arm, whilst thor had both his arms and the rest of his body for support.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Yea true Hulk is definitely superior in physical strength but thats still pretty impressive for Thor Imo, plus he has the hammer to hit with.

Cold be different in AoU but I'll find out in just over a week :D

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazz85 said:

@elderskaar: Well he's hulk he can go toe to toe with thor who beat malkeith so i think hulk could win.

Yeah, but they have different powersets, Thor tried smashing mjolnir to Malekith's face but he grabbed it and flicked him away. I don't think Hulk can do that.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

@leo-343: Yes something he said before he got hit and started seriously fighting him.

He wasn't really seriously fighting him. He was smiling nearly all the time ( maybe it was because he found Hulk to be an even oponent ) and as someone stated before, he even said he doesn't want to hurt him to much.

I'm not taking a side here, but i believe it's possible that Thor was holding back.

Anyway, Hulk smashes Malekith. But it would be a cool fight as Malekith seemed quite an oponent with aether

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master-danny said:

@rogueshadow said:

what feat in AoU? Please tell me.

He sacrifices his life which results in him pretty much exploding in lighting and dying.

And weren't there rumours that Hulk destroys the Hulkbuster armour and then Thor comes in and BFRs Hulk into the atmosphere with a punch?

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

@drfate: And Hulk was seriously fighting Thor? When Hulk grabbed Thor at the end he was casually throwing him across the room when he grabbed Loki he ragdolled him. Thor smiling at Hulk was him acknowledging that Hulk is a worth opponent you are right about that because he smiled at the blood he wiped from his nose.

@drfate It's actually the hand from the Hulkbuster that grabs onto Hulk and flies him out of the city.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: well, Hulk was rather serious in the scene. He was furious for some reason and he was rampaging through the helicarrier

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By RisingBean

Malekith should win a majority with the Infinity Stone.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soo... many... spoilers!!!

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate: But not against Thor a rampaging Hulk was the one seen against Abomination, Hulkbuster and the Chitari, he is literally relentless and acting like an animal on drugs, when he fought Thor he was much to restrained.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@perethorn said:

@atheistknowledge said:

@those_eyes said:

@jayc1324 said:

@rogueshadow: And what feat might that be? I'm really excited to see more of thor.

Spoiler According to the press that saw the early screenings of it, Thor dies which sets up Ragnarok. Spoiler

I knew it!

Thats what i predicted awhile ago. Not suprised. I knew it would be either thor or hulk.

Motherfu*ker (not calling aby of you)! I just read that spoiler, and god dammit! The whole movie is ruined for me.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw:

It's best to stay off MCU threads until the movie comes out. I literally just ruined the entire thing for myself reading spoilers.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: It was very (and I mean very) annoying. Very annoying. I can't blame other people for it, though. I was the one who went to read what it said in the spoiler bloc, so I can't really blame the people, but it's just annoying.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw:

I understand you man. Like, I know it's a spoiler, but I just couldn't help it.. oh well. 4 more days for me.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw:

It's best to stay off MCU threads until the movie comes out. I literally just ruined the entire thing for myself reading spoilers.

Spoilers are out? Where?

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96:

Major spoilers on this page alone, reading them will ruin the entire movie. Trust me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@captain_batman_ftw: That Thor spoiler is false.

Thought as much. The only thing I heard regarding Thor is that he experiences visions when Wana puts a spell on him and that he returns to Asgard.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By lettsplay10

HULK SMASH

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

I hope all the spoilers posted so far are false.

Killer-Flood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Hulk.

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU very inconsistent, make Hulk sad.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't hulk just pick him up and slam him around like he did to loki?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol so many spoilers that aren't even true

Cerridwen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Cerridwen

This version of Malekith is almost as bad as the one from the comics, lol.

He's getting better though.

Avatar image for deactivated-6078e3dfb955a
deactivated-6078e3dfb955a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor never holds back. Just admit it fanboys and stop making excuses, movie version of Thor is really really weak compared to his comic counterpart.hulk beats malakeith in the mcu

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree that Thor wasn't holding back (hand to hand wise) in the Helicarrier fight with Hulk. Thor might be a little less powerful than his comic counterpart, but then all of them pretty much are (except, now, maybe Cap's strength).

Still, Thor was dealing and taking good damage in that fight.

Also, Hulk smashes the SNOT out of Maleketh.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By nfactor1995

Possibly Malekith.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a220d15cc740
deactivated-5a220d15cc740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points